Look at me creating an execution post.....I'd really like it if this one worked. But I want to share it because I want all your suggestions/feedback so that it does work. And if it doesn't well, you know what NOT to do.
Remember the exchange students? Okay, here's the take #1000th on what to sell them. Yesterday in an impulse I half-baked an idea and I'm pulling that Noah Kagan thing of ("OH LEt'S just SHaRe IT aroUNd tO A cOUPLE frIends" --> ??? --->profit)
I've arranged a weekend getaway to Chicago where I hand you everything you need to have and know for a cool getaway without the trouble of booking/researching places/following tour guide people etc. Only for this niche.
I posted the following (with some nice images) to my 3k followers FB page, boosted the ad for a week, and made an Insta with the same post and hashtagged the shit out of it (amazing marketing strategy, I know):
I've asked my friends to like the post. (Not share because none of their circles is target)
My math is as follows:
Round-Trip flight to Chicago from a few cities: $300ish tops
Hotel (more on this below): $200ish a night (goal)
CTA Weekend Pass: $20
Boat Tour: $40
Admission to 1 Museum of Choice: $25 (cheaper online)
One ride on the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel: $18 ($16 buying online)
Total: Let's say $650 in costs ...
I put it for $800. I looked for vacay packages from different states and I only found flight and hotel starting at $750.
If I get enough orders I'll go to this cute downtown hostel I picked and try to cut a deal/make a partnership. Also set up a Shopify for secure payments, and make a dummy-proof small printed guide for better experience as time approaches to give with the admission tickets.
If I don't get anything or can't make the numbers work I can say it's sold out.
Now we wait....
Throw me everything you've got, I need this.
Remember the exchange students? Okay, here's the take #1000th on what to sell them. Yesterday in an impulse I half-baked an idea and I'm pulling that Noah Kagan thing of ("OH LEt'S just SHaRe IT aroUNd tO A cOUPLE frIends" --> ??? --->profit)
I've arranged a weekend getaway to Chicago where I hand you everything you need to have and know for a cool getaway without the trouble of booking/researching places/following tour guide people etc. Only for this niche.
I posted the following (with some nice images) to my 3k followers FB page, boosted the ad for a week, and made an Insta with the same post and hashtagged the shit out of it (amazing marketing strategy, I know):
~ FALL GETAWAY TO CHICAGO ~ $800
**EVERY WEEKEND IN NOVEMBER, FRIDAY TO SUNDAY** Groups of 2 and 4 (AU PAIRS ONLY)
Put together by me, ex AuPair living here for 6+ years.
Includes:
-Flight
-Downtown Accommodation
-Public Transportation Weekend Pass + Guide
-City/Lake Cruise Tour
-Admission to 1 museum of choice
-One ride on Chicago’s Ferris Wheel
-All planned so you make the most of the stay
For the price of the first two only
DM me for details spots are going fast!
I've asked my friends to like the post. (Not share because none of their circles is target)
My math is as follows:
Round-Trip flight to Chicago from a few cities: $300ish tops
Hotel (more on this below): $200ish a night (goal)
CTA Weekend Pass: $20
Boat Tour: $40
Admission to 1 Museum of Choice: $25 (cheaper online)
One ride on the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel: $18 ($16 buying online)
Total: Let's say $650 in costs ...
I put it for $800. I looked for vacay packages from different states and I only found flight and hotel starting at $750.
If I get enough orders I'll go to this cute downtown hostel I picked and try to cut a deal/make a partnership. Also set up a Shopify for secure payments, and make a dummy-proof small printed guide for better experience as time approaches to give with the admission tickets.
If I don't get anything or can't make the numbers work I can say it's sold out.
Now we wait....
Throw me everything you've got, I need this.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
