What's new

Chris Haddad Copywriting Clinic

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
R

redshep

Chris Haddad gave a great presentation: "Dominate Any Niche Overnight" at Affiliate Summit 2012. It's aimed at IM, but the thought process is what's really valuable and applicable to any product.

The video is an hour and worth watching, but I added notes from the video and slides for reference.

How To “Invade” Any Niche In 6 Simple Steps

Step 1: Pick A Niche With a LOT Of Competition
  • Virgin niches suck: Emulate before you innovate, especially if you have limited capital.
  • What To Look For In A Great Niche: Competition (More is usually better. Every “Competitor” is a potential partner.)
  • Passion (“Do customers NEED this solved?”)
  • An Endless Problem Chain (Can you sell them more stuff? No “One Time Needs.”)
  • Mass Appeal (Niche versus “hyperniche.” You can make money in both, but you've got to find balance.)
  • Good Niche / Bad Niche
  • Good: Golf, Weight Loss (Mass Appeal), Make Money (Endless Problem Chain), Relationships/Dating (Passion), “The World Is Ending”/Apocalyptic Doom & Gloom, Playing Guitar/Drums/Piano
  • Bad: Mini Golf (No passion. Tiny Crowd), Extremely Rare Diseases
Step 2: Figure Out the “Primal Needs” Of Your Niche
  • A Primal Need is the unconscious ultimate desire driving the customers in your niche.
  • What’s the thing that keeps your market up at night?
  • What’s something they intrinsically fear? (I’m going to get as fat as my mom and look like that on my wedding day!”
  • What’s their biggest ambition? I desperately want to: (“Play drums like Neal Peart,” “Find a man who will love me forever.” “Get any woman, any time.” “Be so rich my brother in law vomits in his mouth a little.”)
  • Give them what they want, teach them what they need later. Get off your high horse. If you truly have a valuable product, you owe it to your market to learn how to sell to them as effectively as possible. The most effective way is to start where they’re at now and walk them to where you want them to be.
  • How To Figure Out The Primal Need: What promises do the big dogs in your niche consistently make?
  • Empathy - What keeps your target market up at night? (Moms with kids who have adhd aren’t just looking for practical solutions, they’re also looking for reassurance that they’re not bad parents, that they shouldn’t be ashamed.)
  • What does your target market have low self esteem about? (“I’m not rich enough to meet girls.” “I’m not man enough to make money.” “I’m don’t have enough self control to lose weight.”)
  • What prejudices does your market have?
Step 3: Create a “Sideways”Offer To Enter Your Niche
  • Sideways = An offer that is unique and“hooky” but complimentary to what the “big dogs” in your niche already offer. Something that fulfills the primal desire of your market in a new or different way. (IM is FULL of these. Twitter, FB, Media Buying, Copy etc.) For example: “Text Your Ex Back.” (Not “Get Your Ex Back”)
  • 3 Simple Ways To Go “Sideways” In A Niche: 1. Use A Mechanism - “Text your… ” “The Secret Survey…” “Lose Weight By Eating Donuts.” 2. Counter Conventional Wisdom - “The reason you’re fat is because your body is STARVING.” (For the right foods.) 3. Delivery - Software,Videos, Online Training, In Person Training, Ebook, Webinar., Any “Done For You” Service
Step 4: Sell Like Your Life Depends On It
  • Nobody buys out of pity. You get ONE CHANCE to impress.

Fool Proof Sales Video Formula:

• Grab Attention Through Emotion Or Incongruity. (The first 10 seconds are the most important. Make a big Promise. Emotionally engage audience. Be WEIRD.)
  • Foreshadow Amazing Results (“Your Ex will crawl over broken glass.)
  • Teach The Viewer To Be Your Customer (Give away the what and sell the how. “Why texting is the magic key to your man’s heart.”)
  • Present Your Product As The Only Logical Conclusion (“But How Do I DO All That?)
  • Features and Benefits
  • Price Justification And Guarantee (Compare product to what the customer could do on their own. “You could spend thousands on equipment, supplements and gym fees or you could spend $47 today to get the rock hard body you’ve always dreamed of.”)
  • Off The Fence Bonuses (For example, the Future Problem Bonus: A bonus for an aspirational problem. (“Once you learn these magical pickup techniques for meeting girls, you’ll have so many woman falling in love with you and thinking you’re amazing, that we’re giving you this additional bonus: “How To Date Multiple Women Without Any of Them Getting Angry”
  • The Crossroads Close: Buy or Get Off the Page. “So now you’ve got 3 options. You can leave this page now and go back to doing nothing, desperately feeling the weight around you’re stomach expanding, feeling like you’re getting older, like you’re turning into your mom, etc. but we both know that if you’ve made it this far through the video, that’s not working for you now and it won’t work for you in the future. You can try it yourself using only what you’ve learned from this video, but the odds of you messing it up or making things worse, are pretty high. Or you can buy the program, take the easy path to success, do these few simple things and get what you need right now.”
Step 5: The First Affiliate
  • Affiliates are hungry for GOOD offers that don’t directly compete.
  • If you’re new, they’re gun shy. (I won’t mail an offer that doesn’t “Feel” right.”)
  • Getting Those First Few Affiliates: Marketplace Listings (Clickbank), Generous Commissions (75% standard. More if you can.) Show that you’re a pro. How can you help them? They don’t owe you anything if you’re new.
Step 6: From Player To Dominator
  • Whoever is the most prolific usually wins. (One offer versus many offers.)
  • Launches and sales contests.
  • Be generous with new affiliates. They could be eating your lunch some day. Best to have them be your friends.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom