What's new

Conflict Resolution: My Take

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
D

Deleted61970

Hello,

I would like to talk about and present my ideas on conflict resolution, I won’t be talking about other diagrams and structures for conflict resolution in this article. There will be an image attached showing the conflict resolution diagram I made.

CRMT.webp

Introduction

Conflict resolution is a compulsory process in all businesses. When there are humans interacting with each other on a daily basis, conflict becomes inevitable and must be dealt with as efficiently and harmlessly as possible. Conflict resolution means resolving issues from both parties involved to a point where there can be a comprise and even more so, positive relationship growth between both parties in conflict.

Conflict Resolution and Extra Steps

The general structure for conflict resolution is about 5 – 6 steps with a linear progression, I will present my own diagram based off of the overall agreed upon structure while adding and changing at the same time.

I will now help define some of the events that take place in the diagram:

· Steps A – B are meant to be conflict prevention steps. Always prioritize preventing conflict rather then waiting for it to erupt and potentially lead to other problems.

· I have branching out sections since things almost never go as clean and simple as a diagram would show it to be. I tried to encapsulate most of the situations that come with conflict resolution in these branching sections by being as general as possible but exceptions do exist and your decision making is important in those exceptions.

· Steps 1 – 6a are based around the general formula for conflict resolution with some of my own ideas added. Witnesses are important to get the whole picture around the events of conflict as both parties may be reluctant or too emotional to reveal certain information that witnesses would freely reveal. The witnesses will obviously not be close friends of either party.

· At step 6b, the week wait is important for both parties to cool down and for yourself to have time to think of a solution if you could not come up with one or come up with a better one back in the original meeting.

· The END step just indicates that the whole process loops back to the beginning.

I know this graph is fairly complicated but I feel that conflict resolution is not simple and does require a fair amount of steps to be both successful and efficient.

Please comment any criticisms or advice you have around this.

Thank you for reading.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom