What's new

Create your own Web Application and learn Coding for 0$

The business of web design

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Tyler_Durden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
If you want to create an Web-Application but you do not know how and where to start this is a process guide.
I am currently creating a Web Application and are pretty good with HTML, CSS, JS and Java. Even though I am not an expert or guru I can create Softwares and I am curretly following the same process I am sharing here:

So what are some general steps?

1. Specify what you want to create and look for the right programming language
A basic mobile app? An internet website? Or a videogame?

Every programming language has their pros and cons and therfore you need to find the one that suits your product the best.

Here are a basic overview from my expierience:
Creating a Web Application: You need HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
HTML - creates the basic structure of an Website.
CSS - designes the Website.
JavaScript - makes the Website work and dynamic (for example if you click a button you open a new window)

Creating an Mobile App: You can use a variety of programming languages. I think the most commonly used are Python and Java. But you also can use JavaScript
I only used Java and JavaScript so I do not know much about Python. But here are a small overview over the 2 I know:
Java - a lot of code but therefore better structured and you get an better overview and understanding about the code
JavaScript - less code but more chaotic, it was very confusing for me in the beginning

Creating an Videogame: I only started using unity when i wanted to create a videogame so if your goal is to create a videogame, I cannot really help you:(
The only thing I know is that a friend of mine used C+ to make an simple computergame and that C+ is similar to Java.

2.Download an IDEA and use free learning Websites:
An IDEA is simply a programm where you can write your code in.
VS code is probably the best IDEA for HTML,CSS and JavaScript but it also takes java python and a lot more. Therefore my recommandation: Visual Studio Code - Code Editing. Redefined
A tiny issue I had with VS code was to get started because it seemed very confusing. So just watch a few YT videos and you will be alright!

Another great IDEA for C+, Java and Python is Intelliji: https://www.jetbrains.com/de-de/idea/
I used it when I first started and it is a great beginner friendly IDEA. Only issue is that it just works for a few languages.

So you have a IDEA, now what?
Now learn programming and from time to time write your own code for the programm you want to create. But please for God´s sake do not skip the process of mastering computer languages! Sure you can create an programm with Chat GTP and yas you might even make some money. But for the longrun the programm will fall apart. What if you have server problems? What if bugs are displayed in your programm? What if a specific user has a specific problem with his account?
Chat GTP will not help you if you most need it my friend. You need to be able to code yourself and know what is written on the screen!

There a plenty of great resources for learning programming. My recommandation:
Sololean - it is free, gives great guides and focuses on pratice instead of theory only.
Other good resources are Udacity and Youtube.
Youtube is fantastic to learn programming! There are plently of free Courses on leaning languages that go over 3 hours!

Just look around a bit, the programming commuity is great on YT!

And please remeber this while learing.
You need to write code to get better at coding and to actually understand the code you are writing. You not get better at coding if you just watch hundreds of youtube videos!
It is like watching Bodybuilder videos and youtube and expect to grow muscels. It will not happen.

3. Overall process:
1. Learn to code following an online Course (does not mean that you have to finish the course before can go to step 2!)
2. Write techniques and functions down on paper while learing (for example: "System.out.println("Hello World")-- makes the programm display "Hello World"
or "Int"-value is number while "String"-value is a sentence

View attachment 51243
(Just write it down in a way you understand it, those notes are only for yourself)

3. Use the written down techniques to create your programm.
Now is the time to use what you have learned! Use some techniques to create your application. Do not worry if you get multible errors in the beginning of programming. Everyone, even Elon Musk and Zuckerberg were trash in the beginning of coding.

4. Use ChatGTP to correct your code. (See ChatGTP in your programming process as a teacher in school. You can ask for help, correction and for advices. But you would never ask your teacher to write your exams)

5. Repeat

6. Change the path when your application needs something new or different. For example if you need to include a database to your programm or you realise that another programming language is better for your goal(happend to me with Java and JavaScript) then change the path. The overall process stays the same:
1. Learn
2. implement the lessons learned
3. correct and fix errors
4. repeat

Now that process will bring you in the near future an own Application. Congrats!

If you did not understand something specific than feel free to comment your question.
Hope I could help you!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O’n dassipvmz dufoph e xic eqqmodevoup epf O jewi e tumof lpuxmifhi ug JVNM, DTT epf Kt. O xepv vu dsievi vji iraowemipv ug e qsufadvowovz eqq cav veomusif gus tvafipv. Op usfis vu jimq vji qiuqmi’t op nz tdjuum nepehi vjios voni civvis epf qsudsetvopevi mitt. Jux muph fu zua vjopl ov tjuamf veli?
Epf emtu xjev esi vji dutv ug dsievoph e xic eqqmodevoup ?
Fu zua jewi epz efwodi gus ni cigusi tvesvoph ?
Vjepl zua

O’n dassipvmz dufoph e xic eqqmodevoup epf O jewi e tumof lpuxmifhi ug JVNM, DTT epf Kt. O xepv vu dsievi vji iraowemipv ug e qsufadvowovz eqq cav veomusif gus tvafipv. Op usfis vu jimq vji qiuqmi’t op nz tdjuum nepehi vjios voni civvis epf qsudsetvopevi mitt. Jux muph fu zua vjopl ov tjuamf veli?
Epf emtu xjev esi vji dutv ug dsievoph e xic eqqmodevoup ?
Fu zua jewi epz efwodi gus ni cigusi tvesvoph ?
Vjepl zua
Veli zuas voni. Epf gus vji tidupf raitvoup, ov fiqipft. Cav op hipisem zua xomm jewi vu qez gus jutvoph epf gus fevecetit og zua ati upi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom