The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Crowdfunding Comparison site.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Envious

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Hey!

So almost 6 months ago I wrote a thread about starting a crowdfunding comparison website, and in that time I have gone back and forth, pondering on if I should decide to invest time and money in the idea.

After getting a few personal projects out of the way first, I decided to take the plunge and go for it.

The basic model for the business is to create website which will firstly help users choose a crowdfunding that is right for them by comparing fees and features, and secondly, providing all the tools and resources in the crowdfunding space which can help them get their product made, packaged, marketed and shipped.

What I have done so far:

• Established a need. From using research, I've established that search terms regarding 'crowdfunding fees' and 'tools' receive a very healthy amount of monthly searches in google, which tells me that people are looking for this information regularly.
  • Established a monetization strategy: I'll be aiming to earn affiliate commissions on the leads i send to these companies, the bigger the company the harder it will be to get them wanting to pay me so I'll stick with the lesser known competition first.
  • Bought a domain, hosting and started writing the content for/editing the website: I'm using wordpress as I find it's the most user friendly and customizable for someone who doesn't code. I'm building it using a local server as it's a lot quicker, However it took some time to get my head round it all. I've bought a theme of theme forest to give me a starting base.
  • Reach out to someone to build the tool: Im in contact with a developer to build the main tool for the website and I'm waiting on his response.
I'll be continuing on the website build while I'm waiting for the developer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Sep 26, 2017
London
So i've been plugging away at building the site which includes the navigation, colours, pictures and the general content for the site.
The developer had built a basic tool for me to implement in the site, but frustratingly it doesn't work with my chosen theme!
He's inspected the code but says it's like looking for a needle in an haystack to find out what the issue could be.

The only viable option is to purchase another theme and install the tool in that theme, but it will mean I'll lose all my website work which I have just done. Doh!

Envious

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Sep 26, 2017
London
I've been going back and forth this whole weekend with the developer to get this tool right...Man, it's quite painful trying to explain to someone how you want something and them just not 'getting it' no matter how simply you explain.

It's at times like these where i'm wondering if it would be worth learning some code?

The improvements are getting there but it's tedious process for both parties.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.