Atticus
New Contributor
Hi everyone,
So I've been lurking the forum for a while now and only joined a few days ago. After reading TMF last year my outlook on life has drastically changed and ever since then I've been searching for a way to escape the 9-5 life and achieve financial freedom, but my efforts eventually stagnated.
I'm in my final year of University and I've recently pushed myself back into action with the aim of creating something that will generate a decent income before I graduate.
I've found a product which I'm planning to import from China and sell through an eCommerce sales channel. I've done the research and I believe there is good opportunity with only a few competitors. The problem I'm facing is that this item is large, heavy and expensive (about $500 per piece on Alibaba) and obviously if I'm launching an eCommerce website I need to stock up on inventory, but I can only afford to purchase a couple at most. Any suggestions as to how I should approach this? I was thinking about drop-shipping but the long delivery times will put me out of the competition.
Btw I'd like to thank @MJ DeMarco and everyone who contributes on the forum, the information here is really amazing and invaluable. I hope I can also become a valuable contributor and give back to the fastlane community.
Atticus
So I've been lurking the forum for a while now and only joined a few days ago. After reading TMF last year my outlook on life has drastically changed and ever since then I've been searching for a way to escape the 9-5 life and achieve financial freedom, but my efforts eventually stagnated.
I'm in my final year of University and I've recently pushed myself back into action with the aim of creating something that will generate a decent income before I graduate.
I've found a product which I'm planning to import from China and sell through an eCommerce sales channel. I've done the research and I believe there is good opportunity with only a few competitors. The problem I'm facing is that this item is large, heavy and expensive (about $500 per piece on Alibaba) and obviously if I'm launching an eCommerce website I need to stock up on inventory, but I can only afford to purchase a couple at most. Any suggestions as to how I should approach this? I was thinking about drop-shipping but the long delivery times will put me out of the competition.
Btw I'd like to thank @MJ DeMarco and everyone who contributes on the forum, the information here is really amazing and invaluable. I hope I can also become a valuable contributor and give back to the fastlane community.
Atticus
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
