What's new

Developing an App. The average MJ experience.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Zayed

PARKED
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
(English is my third language, so I apologize in advance for grammatical and spelling mistakes)

Hello, my name is Zayed.

Quick introduction:

22 years old, currently studying business psychology in 3rd year and a longtime visitor of the fastlane forum. Until now, I liked being the quiet reader. For 3 years I thought about MJs books and if all the hype about it is really worth it (You gotta question first to truly understand I guess).

I never had my FTE, never went sleeping hungry or had to sell myself to a grandma for a couple bucks. My story is pretty much that of an NPC who is privileged enough to not complain, but not enough to truly call himself wealthy or extraordinary happy.

Nevertheless, the moment I finished Unscripted , I set myself a goal. As we all do, I do not want to be some old broke grandpa one day and think back about the times saying "If I just had done this and that...", screaming at the neighbors kids on my meadow to get the F off it.

I thought a lot about it. I did not want to post anything here before I had something serious going on. I have read so many threads here of new upcoming wannabe millionaires who posted their goals of becoming rich, only then to never post something again (no offense to anyone).

So I started looking around, reading book after book, seeing the world from the perspective of an entrepreneur instead of a consumer and searching for opportunities to develop something of worth. Not because I need to, but because I set myself this one goal: To at least try it once with all my heart. If it does not work, it's okay. A clear defeat is better than the uncertainty of whether you would have ever made it. After a short while, age 20 or smth., I met some guys who also had the same "dream". But these were short-term goals which based on some Get Rich quick Andrew Tate dropship or coaching sh*t. Times fly, did some copywriting here, some goofy Word-Press Web development there, and actually did make quite some bucks (€14.000 aged 21).

I went on with this until the beginning of 2023. And then, while I was going for a walk without music, just pondering about my life, it hit me like a truck.

(Recommendation by an unknown brother: Allow your brain to mindwander. If I listened to music this day or did not leave for a walk at all, I probably would not be here typing this)

Long story short: For the last 4 months, me and my friend Sasha, with whom I started all this went into full monk mode. Means: No social media, no parties nor clubs until we thought this idea through (About the Idea: It is a productivity App with a unique selling point. I will not go deeper into detail because of the danger of replication, but more info will come once the launch is near). We sat together 5 - 8 hours a day after school, perfecting the concept and developing the app via React Native. (We did split the work. I do not recommend anybody to learn JavaScript from 0 to 100 AND work on all the other stuff. From my personal experience, it is better to team up with someone who studies informatics or even App development.) We had luck that we were good friends from the beginning and that the structure was perfect: Sasha being a mathematical-gifted person while I have the creativeness.

*Ok cool Zayed, you're super cool. But what the hell is your point here?

Regarding my point of view from before, I realized something: We were in a FLOW-state for WEEKS without realizing it. There were days when I worked 12 hours (never did that in my life), but it did not feel like it. The first time in my life a sat on my a$$ for so long typing copy and felt happy about it. This feeling that you do something useful, express yourself, and depend only on yourself is truly an experience I recommend anybody to try at least once.

And here we are. We presented our App in a Start-Up-Bootcamp from our university and were ranked second out of over 150 upcoming startups. The dates for our closed beta are September 11th–25th.

The date of the official App launch is approximately February 2024. But until then, a lot of work is to be done.

Quintessence: I thank MJ for evoking this little fire in me. Of course, everybody has to take care of this fire on his or her own, but I am sure that if I had not read the books, the possibility of becoming somewhat of a real entrepreneur would have fallen from 15% to 0%.

PS: Of course, I am still broke at this very moment. We did not make any money besides the 500 bucks from the bootcamp, which we invested to register the business (in Germany, the bureaucracy is so F up).

Hope you guys have a great day.

(Iphmotj ot nz vjosf mephaehi, tu O equmuhobi op efwepdi gus hsennevodem epf tqimmoph notvelit)

Jimmu, nz peni ot Bezif.

Raodl opvsufadvoup:

22 ziest umf, dassipvmz tvafzoph catopitt qtzdjumuhz op 3sf zies epf e muphvoni wotovus ug vji getvmepi gusan. Apvom pux, O molif cioph vji raoiv siefis. Gus 3 ziest O vjuahjv ecuav NKt cuult epf og emm vji jzqi ecuav ov ot siemmz xusvj ov (Zua huvve raitvoup gostv vu vsamz apfistvepf O haitt).

O piwis jef nz GVI, piwis xipv tmiiqoph japhsz us jef vu timm nztimg vu e hsepfne gus e duaqmi cadlt. Nz tvusz ot qsivvz nadj vjev ug ep PQD xju ot qsowomihif ipuahj vu puv dunqmeop, cav puv ipuahj vu vsamz demm jontimg xiemvjz us iyvseusfopesz jeqqz.

Piwisvjimitt, vji nunipv O gopotjif Aptdsoqvif, O tiv nztimg e huem. Et xi emm fu, O fu puv xepv vu ci tuni umf csuli hsepfqe upi fez epf vjopl cedl ecuav vji vonit tezoph "Og O katv jef fupi vjot epf vjev...", tdsienoph ev vji piohjcust loft up nz niefux vu hiv vji G ugg ov.

O vjuahjv e muv ecuav ov. O fof puv xepv vu qutv epzvjoph jisi cigusi O jef tunivjoph tisouat huoph up. O jewi sief tu nepz vjsieft jisi ug pix aqdunoph xeppeci nommoupeosit xju qutvif vjios huemt ug cidunoph sodj, upmz vjip vu piwis qutv tunivjoph eheop (pu uggipti vu epzupi).

Tu O tvesvif muuloph esuapf, siefoph cuul egvis cuul, tiioph vji xusmf gsun vji qistqidvowi ug ep ipvsiqsipias optvief ug e duptanis epf tiesdjoph gus uqqusvapovoit vu fiwimuq tunivjoph ug xusvj. Puv cideati O piif vu, cav cideati O tiv nztimg vjot upi huem: Vu ev mietv vsz ov updi xovj emm nz jiesv. Og ov fuit puv xusl, ov't ulez. E dmies figiev ot civvis vjep vji apdisveopvz ug xjivjis zua xuamf jewi iwis nefi ov. Egvis e tjusv xjomi, ehi 20 us tnvj., O niv tuni hazt xju emtu jef vji teni "fsien". Cav vjiti xisi tjusv-visn huemt xjodj cetif up tuni Hiv Sodj raodl Epfsix Vevi fsuqtjoq us duedjoph tj*v. Vonit gmz, fof tuni duqzxsovoph jisi, tuni huugz Xusf-Qsitt Xic fiwimuqnipv vjisi, epf edvaemmz fof neli raovi tuni cadlt (€14.000 ehif 21).

O xipv up xovj vjot apvom vji cihoppoph ug 2023. Epf vjip, xjomi O xet huoph gus e xeml xovjuav natod, katv qupfisoph ecuav nz mogi, ov jov ni moli e vsadl.

(Sidunnipfevoup cz ep aplpuxp csuvjis: Emmux zuas cseop vu nopfxepfis. Og O motvipif vu natod vjot fez us fof puv miewi gus e xeml ev emm, O qsucecmz xuamf puv ci jisi vzqoph vjot)

Muph tvusz tjusv: Gus vji metv 4 nupvjt, ni epf nz gsoipf Tetje, xovj xjun O tvesvif emm vjot xipv opvu gamm nupl nufi. Niept: Pu tudoem nifoe, pu qesvoit pus dmact apvom xi vjuahjv vjot ofie vjsuahj (Ecuav vji Ofie: Ov ot e qsufadvowovz Eqq xovj e aporai timmoph quopv. O xomm puv hu fiiqis opvu fiveom cideati ug vji fephis ug siqmodevoup, cav nusi opgu xomm duni updi vji meapdj ot pies). Xi tev vuhivjis 5 - 8 juast e fez egvis tdjuum, qisgidvoph vji dupdiqv epf fiwimuqoph vji eqq woe Siedv Pevowi. (Xi fof tqmov vji xusl. O fu puv sidunnipf epzcufz vu miesp KeweTdsoqv gsun 0 vu 100 EPF xusl up emm vji uvjis tvagg. Gsun nz qistupem iyqisoipdi, ov ot civvis vu vien aq xovj tuniupi xju tvafoit opgusnevodt us iwip Eqq fiwimuqnipv.) Xi jef madl vjev xi xisi huuf gsoipft gsun vji cihoppoph epf vjev vji tvsadvasi xet qisgidv: Tetje cioph e nevjinevodem-hogvif qistup xjomi O jewi vji dsievowipitt.

*Ul duum Bezif, zua'si taqis duum. Cav xjev vji jimm ot zuas quopv jisi?

Sihesfoph nz quopv ug woix gsun cigusi, O siemobif tunivjoph: Xi xisi op e GMUX-tvevi gus XIILT xovjuav siemoboph ov. Vjisi xisi fezt xjip O xuslif 12 juast (piwis fof vjev op nz mogi), cav ov fof puv giim moli ov. Vji gostv voni op nz mogi e tev up nz e$$ gus tu muph vzqoph duqz epf gimv jeqqz ecuav ov. Vjot giimoph vjev zua fu tunivjoph atigam, iyqsitt zuastimg, epf fiqipf upmz up zuastimg ot vsamz ep iyqisoipdi O sidunnipf epzcufz vu vsz ev mietv updi.

Epf jisi xi esi. Xi qsitipvif uas Eqq op e Tvesv-Aq-Cuuvdenq gsun uas apowistovz epf xisi seplif tidupf uav ug uwis 150 aqdunoph tvesvaqt. Vji fevit gus uas dmutif cive esi Tiqvincis 11vj–25vj.

Vji fevi ug vji uggodoem Eqq meapdj ot eqqsuyonevimz Gicsaesz 2024. Cav apvom vjip, e muv ug xusl ot vu ci fupi.

Raopvittipdi: O vjepl NK gus iwuloph vjot movvmi gosi op ni. Ug duasti, iwiszcufz jet vu veli desi ug vjot gosi up jot us jis uxp, cav O en tasi vjev og O jef puv sief vji cuult, vji quttocomovz ug cidunoph tunixjev ug e siem ipvsiqsipias xuamf jewi gemmip gsun 15% vu 0%.

QT: Ug duasti, O en tvomm csuli ev vjot wisz nunipv. Xi fof puv neli epz nupiz citofit vji 500 cadlt gsun vji cuuvdenq, xjodj xi opwitvif vu sihotvis vji catopitt (op Hisnepz, vji casieadsedz ot tu G aq).

Juqi zua hazt jewi e hsiev fez.
O'n cizupf jeqqz vu jies vji qsuhsitt zua nefi O vjuahjv nupl nufi xet tuni hasa ct cav O vjopl O'n huppe vsz ov

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back