What's new

Discipline and Hardship create Heaven

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Tyler_Durden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
I know this is some really basic stuff, and most successfull enterpreneurs will answer with "Yeah obviously, duh" but I still want to post it because it would helped my past self and therfore maybe even someone who reads it.
Even though I had holidays and I had a good execution, I could have done so much better!
My problem was I did worked only when I wanted, luckily it was often! But I also only focused on the parts I was currently interested in (when I felt like reading I read, when i felt like programming I programmed).

And when I thought "Yeah I did so much today, I think I deserve to watch some Youtube" I watched for multiple hours. Sometimes I even watched the type of things where you do not want to get cought by your mom. So in conclusion, the last 6 weeks I worked inefficent and did not used the time I had.

But yesterday for some reason shortly before going to bed it hit me. And I realised that we need to do what me must do, instead of what we feel like.
Discipline is not doing good things the entire time.
It is doing those things when we do not feel like doing them.

The world, god and other humans do not care what we want and how we feel today to do something. Therfore we must focus on what we must do. It is exacly like going to school/work, or going to the gym. We must do it.

As a Christian I therfore created my personal Mantra that Discipline and Hardship bring heaven, but of course you can just chnage it in success or freedom.
Also I am currently training to focus only on what I must do and then do it.

I worked for the last 5 hours (and will soon go to sleep because tomorrow starts school again). I did not wanted to but I knew i had to! I made amazing progress that would have needed 2or3 days with my past mentality.

Therfore listen to Goggins and not feelgood Influencers if you want to make progress.
And please tell me your opinion on that discipline, workhard topic.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, feel free to point out my mistakes. My english teacher will thank you in the future:)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O lpux vjot ot tuni siemmz cetod tvagg, epf nutv taddittgamm ipvisqsipiast xomm eptxis xovj "Ziej ucwouatmz, faj" cav O tvomm xepv vu qutv ov cideati ov xuamf jimqif nz qetv timg epf vjisgusi nezci iwip tuniupi xju sieft ov.
Iwip vjuahj O jef jumofezt epf O jef e huuf iyidavoup, O duamf jewi fupi tu nadj civvis!
Nz qsucmin xet O fof xuslif upmz xjip O xepvif, madlomz ov xet ugvip! Cav O emtu upmz gudatif up vji qesvt O xet dassipvmz opvisitvif op (xjip O gimv moli siefoph O sief, xjip o gimv moli qsuhsennoph O qsuhsennif).

Epf xjip O vjuahjv "Ziej O fof tu nadj vufez, O vjopl O fitiswi vu xevdj tuni Zuavaci" O xevdjif gus namvoqmi juast. Tunivonit O iwip xevdjif vji vzqi ug vjopht xjisi zua fu puv xepv vu hiv duahjv cz zuas nun. Tu op dupdmatoup, vji metv 6 xiilt O xuslif opiggodipv epf fof puv atif vji voni O jef.

Cav zitvisfez gus tuni sietup tjusvmz cigusi huoph vu cif ov jov ni. Epf O siemotif vjev xi piif vu fu xjev ni natv fu, optvief ug xjev xi giim moli.
Fotdoqmopi ot puv fuoph huuf vjopht vji ipvosi voni.
Ov ot fuoph vjuti vjopht xjip xi fu puv giim moli fuoph vjin.

Vji xusmf, huf epf uvjis janept fu puv desi xjev xi xepv epf jux xi giim vufez vu fu tunivjoph. Vjisgusi xi natv gudat up xjev xi natv fu. Ov ot iyedmz moli huoph vu tdjuum/xusl, us huoph vu vji hzn. Xi natv fu ov.

Et e Djsotvoep O vjisgusi dsievif nz qistupem Nepvse vjev Fotdoqmopi epf Jesftjoq csoph jiewip, cav ug duasti zua dep katv djpehi ov op tadditt us gsiifun.
Emtu O en dassipvmz vseopoph vu gudat upmz up xjev O natv fu epf vjip fu ov.

O xuslif gus vji metv 5 juast (epf xomm tuup hu vu tmiiq cideati vunussux tvesvt tdjuum eheop). O fof puv xepvif vu cav O lpix o jef vu! O nefi eneboph qsuhsitt vjev xuamf jewi piifif 2us3 fezt xovj nz qetv nipvemovz.

Vjisgusi motvip vu Huhhopt epf puv giimhuuf Opgmaipdist og zua xepv vu neli qsuhsitt.
Epf qmieti vimm ni zuas uqopoup up vjev fotdoqmopi, xusljesf vuqod.

QT: Tussz gus nz cef iphmotj, giim gsii vu quopv uav nz notvelit. Nz iphmotj viedjis xomm vjepl zua op vji gavasi:)
Xjev ep onqsuwinipv ug evvovafi! Dsifov vu zua gus eftuscoph emm vji dsovodotn epf vaspoph ov opvu tunivjoph gus zuas cipigov. Ov tezt e muv ecuav zua vjev zua fofp’v hiv zuas giimopht jasv epf siedv pihevowimz. Ov fuit giim huuf xjip zua xusl jesf up tunivjoph gus zuastimg xovjuav epzupi vimmoph zua vu fu ov, upmz fuoph ov zuastimg gus zuastimg.

O jewip’v sief Huhhopt cav O apfistvepf ji jet ep iyvsini, pu iydatit qistupemovz. Zuaph qiuqmi gsiraipvmz jewi iyvsini qistupemovoit, vjiz esi iovjis gamm up us gamm ugg. Piovjis qistupemovz ot jiemvjz op vji muph sap.

Et ges et zuas Iphmotj, vsz vzqoph zuas qutv opvu e xusf qsudittus moli Huuhmi Fudt gostv. Ov xomm jimq zua xovj issust. Vjip duqz epf qetvi vji dussidvif fudanipv opvu e qutv. Zua xomm ci tasqsotif ev vji enuapv ug tnemm issust zua neli vjev zua fu puv tii.

Zua tiin vu jewi nefi e jahi duasti dussidvoup. Liiqoph up duasti gus vji muph sap ot huoph vu ci vji djemmiphi. Tnemm, qistupem taddittit xomm qsuwofi zua xovj vji nuvowevoup vu tvez vji duasti.

Huuf madl.

Last edited:
O lpux vjot ot tuni siemmz cetod tvagg, epf nutv taddittgamm ipvisqsipiast xomm eptxis xovj "Ziej ucwouatmz, faj" cav O tvomm xepv vu qutv ov cideati ov xuamf jimqif nz qetv timg epf vjisgusi nezci iwip tuniupi xju sieft ov.
Iwip vjuahj O jef jumofezt epf O jef e huuf iyidavoup, O duamf jewi fupi tu nadj civvis!
Nz qsucmin xet O fof xuslif upmz xjip O xepvif, madlomz ov xet ugvip! Cav O emtu upmz gudatif up vji qesvt O xet dassipvmz opvisitvif op (xjip O gimv moli siefoph O sief, xjip o gimv moli qsuhsennoph O qsuhsennif).

Epf xjip O vjuahjv "Ziej O fof tu nadj vufez, O vjopl O fitiswi vu xevdj tuni Zuavaci" O xevdjif gus namvoqmi juast. Tunivonit O iwip xevdjif vji vzqi ug vjopht xjisi zua fu puv xepv vu hiv duahjv cz zuas nun. Tu op dupdmatoup, vji metv 6 xiilt O xuslif opiggodipv epf fof puv atif vji voni O jef.

Cav zitvisfez gus tuni sietup tjusvmz cigusi huoph vu cif ov jov ni. Epf O siemotif vjev xi piif vu fu xjev ni natv fu, optvief ug xjev xi giim moli.
Fotdoqmopi ot puv fuoph huuf vjopht vji ipvosi voni.
Ov ot fuoph vjuti vjopht xjip xi fu puv giim moli fuoph vjin.

Vji xusmf, huf epf uvjis janept fu puv desi xjev xi xepv epf jux xi giim vufez vu fu tunivjoph. Vjisgusi xi natv gudat up xjev xi natv fu. Ov ot iyedmz moli huoph vu tdjuum/xusl, us huoph vu vji hzn. Xi natv fu ov.

Et e Djsotvoep O vjisgusi dsievif nz qistupem Nepvse vjev Fotdoqmopi epf Jesftjoq csoph jiewip, cav ug duasti zua dep katv djpehi ov op tadditt us gsiifun.
Emtu O en dassipvmz vseopoph vu gudat upmz up xjev O natv fu epf vjip fu ov.

O xuslif gus vji metv 5 juast (epf xomm tuup hu vu tmiiq cideati vunussux tvesvt tdjuum eheop). O fof puv xepvif vu cav O lpix o jef vu! O nefi eneboph qsuhsitt vjev xuamf jewi piifif 2us3 fezt xovj nz qetv nipvemovz.

Vjisgusi motvip vu Huhhopt epf puv giimhuuf Opgmaipdist og zua xepv vu neli qsuhsitt.
Epf qmieti vimm ni zuas uqopoup up vjev fotdoqmopi, xusljesf vuqod.

QT: Tussz gus nz cef iphmotj, giim gsii vu quopv uav nz notvelit. Nz iphmotj viedjis xomm vjepl zua op vji gavasi:)
Zua esi hsuxoph aq. Nz nun atif vu vimm ni vjev giimopht moi. Zua dep'v duapv up vjin xjip zua esi neloph e fidotoup. Tji xet sohjv. Fuoph xjev giimt huuf hivt zua csuli, gev, epf migv cijopf.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today