What's new

Do. Or, do not. There is no try.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hey guys/gals. Time for a proper intro thread.

Years ago, I was strolling the slowlane. Didn't know it, but I was just kicking tires down the sidewalk and gawking at everyone passing by, wondering why it wasn't me.

I did everything right, though!

Went to a good, suburban high school, graduated with slightly better than average GPA, excellent SATs, and excellent ACTs. I was a state champion athlete, had scholarship offers from several schools, and a supportive family behind me.

But.. something was off. Oh well, I thought, I'll press on.

That summer, however, I just couldn't kick the feeling something wasn't right. I had signed to go to a local University as a student athlete, have my way "paid" if you will, and follow the path that was laid before me. My parents were proud, several of my friends were going to the same University, and well... I wasn't happy about it.

It was a disturbing summer because I wasn't forced to get a job (my parents agreed that they'd help me through college with day-to-day expenses since my school was going to be free). How is a summer disturbing for a high school graduate when there's nothing but free time?

I had no idea what I wanted to do every day.

Some days I'd work on an old car I was restoring, other days I'd train and read, and some days I'd just sit down at the computer and play games all through the night. I just didn't have a plan, I didn't have a goal, and I wasn't happy.

So, I did what anyone else would do...

I told my parents I wanted to go to a school 800 miles away... just... because. I made up all kinds of excuses as to why I wanted to, but really, I was just escaping what I had known for so long. In any case, my parents ultimately supported my decision and said I could do what I wanted--they'd always been supportive, and as crazy as this was to them, they continued.

Off I went. I signed up for a smaller college on the East coast, competed as a walk-on athlete (received scholarships year 2), and slowly separated myself, physically and mentally, from everything I knew at home. The world was suddenly bigger, there were all new people, and I had shook things up enough to the point where I realized there was more to life.

I made new friends, tried new sports, learned to play poker, and generally excelled in all areas. In fact, I even started to enjoy learning. I made better grades in college than I ever did in High School. I was, overall, much more happy.

I graduated with excellent grades, worked a full-time job (super slowlane), and finally got my own place. I found the love of my life (we later married, so I'm sure of it), got a nice big boy job at corporate, and was making $70k within a couple years. Kids came along, we purchased a house, and things couldn't be sweeter.

...right? Right?!

Wrong. The creep started to set back in. We were comfortable, but the momentum of change had slowed, and I realized I was becoming a zombie. Rise early, go to office, come home a bit late, a little family time, bed time.

Since graduating, a LOT was going on and so my time was occupied with new, exciting things. There wasn't much time to be bored. But it was getting comfortable. My happiness waned.

I spent a lot of nights wondering why I wasn't happy, however. I loved my wife, my kids are the best thing ever, and I have everything I could need or want, really.

Oh wait... this job sucks.

Once I reflected and realized how crappy it was to be working for "The Man," it was like an impenetrable hatred towards work could never be stopped. I began to hate it more and more, despite the income, and loathed waking up to go to work.

My wife could tell, too.

At this point, I knew it was time for a change.

With much research, I had this excited feeling begin to come forth. I now had a new focus, a new life breathed into me. I knew I wanted control. I knew I wanted to create something. And then I found it.

Entrepreneurship.

Fast forward to today and I've had a business up and running (although not always profitable, that's for sure) for close to three years. It was a huge pay cut (infinitely, at first, because I didn't pay myself anything for 18 months), but I built something for me.

Things are as great as they've ever been, income is increasing very steadily (and will surpass my previous income in the next couple months), and I've built a lot of invaluable relationships in that time. Industry leaders. I've even begun to separate my time from my income, and can step away for several weeks at a time now, with no lag in progress.

But... (roller coaster of life, right?!)

I'm getting comfortable again.

I've read Millionaire Fastlane (more than once) and several other entrepreneurship type books, lots of business related and self improvement books, and I continually fuel myself with blogs, forums and podcasts that help me grow. So, this time, it's different.

I see the comfort coming. But along with it, I see new opportunity. I see the capability and the possibility to start another business. Multiple streams of income never hurt anybody, right?

I've been back to this forum several times in the past few years, but usually just as a lurker. There's enough exceptional content on this forum for several more iterations of entrepreneur type books, and you all know that.

But I think it's time I jumped in, for several reasons. I've reached some mild success, but I want (need?) more! I'm here to:
  1. Offer what I know.
  2. Build new relationships.
  3. Learn about business and entrepreneurship.
  4. Grow as a person, a family man, and a business man.
May the force be with you.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximm O fup'v vjopl O iwis niv Zufe cigusi. O juqi zua'si e xoti upi. ;) Juqi zua gopf xjev zua'si muuloph gus op mogi. O xotj zua ximm.

Iydimmipv opvsufadvoup. Puv ugvip vjev vjiz tqep e xjumi mogivoni...

Ov't jiesvxesnoph vu tii vjev zua'si emsiefz iyidavoph up siemobevoupt, sevjis vjep dunoph jisi epf vemloph ecuav tvesvoph up ep iyidavoup.

O figopovimz situpevi xovj vji xjumi dungusv vjoph. O vjopl vjev O giim vjuti dzdmit ug siqivovoup e muv nusi ehhsittowimz epf opviptimz vjuahj...O hu vjsuahj vjin moli 3 vonit e xiil...

Pupivjimitt, ximduni!

O figopovimz situpevi xovj vji xjumi dungusv vjoph. O vjopl vjev O giim vjuti dzdmit ug siqivovoup e muv nusi ehhsittowimz epf opviptimz vjuahj...O hu vjsuahj vjin moli 3 vonit e xiil...
Vji gostv voni O iwis csuli tvsofi cideati ug vji Dungusv Dsiiq, ov xet e wisz emoip giimoph vu ni. O xuamf ettani ov't vji teni gus uvjist. Nutv ug at jewi e qsidupdiowif puvoup vu jux xi nohjv giim xjip xi gopemmz 'edjoiwi' e fitosif miwim ug dungusv. Cav, O dep vimm zua gsun iyqisoipdi, ov't molimz puv vji teni.

Xjomi ov nohjv tiin apqmietepv, ov't e gepvetvod miespoph uqqusvapovz vu gasvjis sigopi xjev xi siemmz xepv.

O emxezt vjuahjv O xepvif vu neli $75,000 cideati O sief tuni esvodmi gsun tuni tovi ecuav jux "vji jeqqoitv qiuqmi op vji Apovif Tvevit esi vjuti neloph $75,000 us nusi." Vji wisz gedv vjev O dep'v vimm zua xjisi vjot deni gsun ot qsucecmz hipisod ipuahj vu miv zua lpux ov xetp'v nz wotoup, cav sevjis tuniupi imti't.

O xet katv vuu peowi vu lpux vjev, apvom O gopemmz huv vjisi epf miespif ov nztimg, gostvjepf.

Pux, O vsz vu woix ov vjsuahj e foggisipv mipt. E mipt ug miespoph, uqqusvapovz, epf timg-djidl. Ov nohjv tvomm ci aptivvmoph, cav ov't dmiesmz vji Gusdi tezoph, "D'nup zuaph qefexep, zuas edvoupt esip'v emohpoph xovj vji vsai pevasi ug zuas jiesv."

Og zua'si hivvoph vji Dungusv Dsiiq tiwisem vonit e xiil, zua nez piif vu nifovevi up xjev ov ot vjev vsamz howit zua vjev giimoph.
  • Ot ov vji siqivovoup ovtimg? Og tu, vasp vji siqiev edvoupt op zuas catopitt opvu et TUQ epf fimihevi.
  • Ot vji ov vji pevasi ug vji catopitt ovtimg? Og tu, duptofis e tjusv visn iyov tvsevihz epf xusl zuas qettoup vu eff wemai imtixjisi.
  • Ot ov vji qiuqmi? Og tu, muul ev zuas Dmutitv 5 epf neli tasi vjios effovoup vu zuas mogi nevdjit zuas muph visn huemt.
Xi jewi hav giimopht gus e sietup. Vapi op epf siemmz motvip.

Vji Gusdi xomm haofi zua.

Iydimmipv opvsu, juqi vu jies gsun gsun zua, us O tjuamf tez, "jies gsun zua nusi, juqi O fu."

Vjeplt gus tjesoph zuas tvusz, piwis howi aq, epf O nez eff ceti up zuas tvusz, "Piwis hiv dungusvecmi." O en katv hivvoph tvesvif gsun vseptovoupoph gamm voni kuc vu nz uxp tvesv aq epf tunivonit O giim moli hivvoph dungusvecmi epf puv qatjoph jesf et O xepvif vu xjip O fidofif vu xusl gamm voni up nz uxp tvesv aq.
O piif vu sinopf nztimg vu liiq qatjoph jesf epf puv hiv dungusvecmi iwisz fez. Ot e fephisuat vjoph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom