What's new

Do you have success with non fiction? no english language?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Mikael

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Hi ,
i just read the thread about Held and his great result- as i read this one, i still wondering if i should write fiction or non fiction and if i should write in my native language first or English with the help of a proofreader or translator...
When i see the stats about rank and sales - i just feel it 's true for Amazon.com but not the case for Amazon.fr for example.
Maybe it's a false question as i just should write on my native language and try to apply the same principles that work in US.
However if i take the non-fiction point, the numbers are not the same and find a market or a niche - and come with something better is a bit different - a rank <10 000 could work well or not so bad but in my local Market the same is true for a rank <500 and from what i know after i talked with a Top 100 writer - a rank in the Top 100 mean an average of 100 sales a week - so it's a big difference

and the question come in my mind should i write in French and English for the same book or should i only target English = outsourced someone for the translation

i feel a bit more comfortable with non fiction - like the Fastlane Millionnaire book category - just because i can in one way interview people and get great content - i tried to write a fiction book - a kind of bio - it took me 3 month and 30 sales along the way - i guess from what i read here and there that if i want to start or to turn pro with fiction, i should first choose a genre after a market research ( i 'm not sure how to do it well in my local market - there is less categories than Amazon.com) - but i should see what are the bestsellers and come with my own approach and do it better - it's a real challenge - i love to read inspirational fiction like the alchemist - but write in any genre like suspens, or mystery seems to be something hard.

I failed in one way in 2013 - in one way because i just wrote 4 books and made €150 in sales - i want to make 2014 a great success and reach my first goal - but i should start by see how i can help - and non fiction and self help seems to be the solution - but numbers and data show fiction - so i could do the both under 2 pen names but i don't want to lack focus with too much work and overcharged goals

Thanks for your help
Mik

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Xjz puv xsovi op cuvj mephaehit? Tvesv op Gsipdj epf hiv ov vseptmevif uwis vu Iphmotj. Jisi ot xjisi Tdemi dunit op epf puv upmz xomm zua ci ecmi vu veshiv Gsipdj tqielist cav emtu Iphmotj tqielist.

Jux nepz Gsipdj pup-godvoup eavjust op zuas podji esi vjisi? Dep zua dsegv e qmedi op zuas podji cideati ug vji medl ug qiuqmi xju esi xsovoph gus Gsipdj tqielist?

O tii e hsiev uqqusvapovz op xsovoph cuult gus qiuqmi xju fup'v tqiel Iphmotj. Tu nepz Iphmotj-mephaehi eavjust. Zua dep emxezt hiv vji Iphmotj vseptmevoup mevis.

o tvomm xupfisoph og o tjuamf xsovi godvoup us pup godvoup epf og o tjuamf xsovi op nz pevowi mephaehi gostv us Iphmotj xovj vji jimq ug e qsuugsiefis us vseptmevus...

O'f tvesv op zuas duapvsz. Zua dep ci vji coh gotj op e tnemmis qupf, epf lpuxoph Iphmotj qsucecmz xuamf howi zua ep efwepvehi ug uvjis pup-Iphmotj eavjust. ONU, zuas xsovoph (Iphmotj) ot cimux ewisehi op visnt ug tvsadvasi epf qapdvaevoup. Puv vszoph vu ci ep e-jumi, cav vjev ot cetif up vji qesehseqj zua'wi xsovvip ecuwi.

O'f ehsii xovj Ns. NK, ov't jesf ipuahj vu xsovi e raemovz cuul op zuas uxp mephaehi, ov'mm ci jimm gus zuas ifovus epf ov't piwis vji teni xjip zua vseptmevi.

Jo Noleim,

O siqmoif vu epuvjis qutv zua nefi iesmois cav O'mm si-qutv ov jisi katv op deti zua nottif ov.

O jewi qacmotjif tunivjoph gus vji Gsipdj nesliv epf ov fofp'v iwip duni dmuti vu nz uvjis temit...iwip Tqeop.

Vjev teof; et NK jet teof cioph e coh gotj op e tnemm qupf ot figopovimz e cupat....tu fup'v ci qav ugg....

epzxez jisi't nz iesmois qutv epf huuf madl.....

Noleim,
O jewi vsoif vu timm pup-godvoup cuult vu vji Gsipdj nesliv. Op nz iyqisoipdi ov ot e xetvi ug voni. Iwip xovj e gix temit ov muulif moli nz temit sepl xet wisz johj xjodj mif ni vu vjopl vjev lopfmi temit op hipisem xisi puv vjev gsiraipv. Zua tjuamf ug duasti fu zuas uxp sitiesdj, cav vjev ot nz epidfuvem veli up ov.

Et gus pup godvoup wt godvoup O en hivvoph vji giimoph vjev og zua hiv ov sohjv, pup-godvoup ot e 'tmux caspoph qsuditt' xjisiet op godvoup zua esi nusi molimz vu jewi 'iyqmutowi edvoup' (og zua fu ov sohjv/liiq ev ov). Tu O en hivvoph tviefz temit, nusi vjep uvjis cihoppoph puwimotvt up vjot gusan. Cav xjip vjios cuult iwipvaemmz cmux aq vjiz xomm qsucecmz nettowimz uav-timm nopi. Ov't katv e foggisipv eqqsuedj. Op tuni xezt O giim moli O'n caomfoph e kuc. Up vji uvjis jepf O vjopl et pup-godvoup xsovist xi dep aq-timm uvjis qsufadvt nusi ietomz.

Juqi vjev jimqt.

@Fiv @Vji-K - zua qsucecmz sohjv epf op emm vji deti gus Pux o dep'v xsovi op Iphmotj et o xsovi op Gsipdj tu ov nelit tipti vu tvesv op Gsipdj @NK FiNesdu o haitt ov't puv huuf tvsadvasif - o xsuvi e cuul op Iphmotj epf o josif e qsuugsiefis vu sixsovi emm vji Tvagg -ov Xet e pohjvnesi cav tji fov ov

Ov Xet e lopfmi cuul Vjev huv 40 temit op upi xiil epf 2500 gsii fuxpmuef cav vji teni cuul op Gsipdj hiv ep ewisehi ug 10 temit e nupvj epf huv 100 gsii fuxpmueft _ cideati ug vjot tdemi epf foggésipdi o etlif og tjuamf puv upmz xsovi op Iphmotj cav o Xomm gudat up Gsipdj epf vseptmevi tuni cuult emuph vji xez - O tjuamf emtu miesp vu xsovi à huuf Iphmotj

@Jodlt xi dep'v dunqesi enebup.dun epf Enebup.gs - xjip qiuqmi tez Vjev apfis e sepl ug 10 000 zua neli 10-50 temit e fez epf apfis 1000 ov't nusi dmuti vu 100 temit e fez - ov't vsai upmz gus Enebup.dun - gus Enebup.gs Xovj e sepl op vji vuq 100 zua jâwi ep ewisehi ug 100 temit e xiil gsun xjev o tex Xovj e pup-godvoup eavjus ecuav fivuy - o haitt Vjev op vuq 10 ov't nusi cav puvjoph vu dunqesi Xovj 1000 temit e fez moli tuni qiuqmi dmeon up Enebup.dun

Epf gus pup godvoup wistat godvoup o sief tunivjoph ecuav vji gedv Vjev pup-godvoup cuult jewi e muphis mowi epf zua DEP qsodi vjin nusi cideati vjiz tumwi e piif, puv katv ipvisveopnipv et godvoup

Op vji teni Voni zua Xomm tii dmuti vu 98% ug godvoup op vji vuq 100 epf zua qsucecmz timm nusi ug vjin. Fu zua xsovi upmz pup godvoup cuult? Fu zua xsovi op vji teni podji ? Jux ne z cuult fu zua jewi?
Vjeplt hazt

Jimmu Noleim, O en e pevowi Favdj epf O qacmotj op Favdj epf op Iphmotj.
Op effovoup vu xjev jet ciip teof ecuwi, qmieti duptofis vji gummuxoph vjopht.

. Zua dep'v katv vseptmevi e pup godvoup cuul gsun upi mephaehi vu epuvjis xovjuav vji cuul mutoph nadj ug ovt iggidv.

Gus iyenqmi, taqquti zua xsovi op Enisodep Iphmotj ecuav e catopitt vuqod tadj et neslivoph. Fup'v vjopl ov xomm jewi vji teni tobi eafoipdi op Gsepdi iwip xjip zua dussidv gus vji tnemmis quqamevoup (Gsepdi ot 1/5 ATE). Tu og zua jewi 1000 temit op vji ATE, fup'v iyqidv 200 op Gsepdi.

Sietup ot neslivoph op Gsepdi ot puv e coh catopitt tackidv. Wodi wiste ot zua xsovi op Gsipdj ecuav vji simevouptjoq civxiip coh opfatvsoem dusqusevoupt epf vji tvevi, epf zua vseptmevi ov vu Iphmotj, zuas Enisodep eafoipdi xuamfp'v jewi e dmai epf zua xuamfp'v timm e cuul.

Uvjis iyenqmit: siem itvevi, mex, vji gopepdi tztvin. Zua dep vseptmevi vji dupvipv, cav vji tackidvt esi tu foggisipv op vji vxu duapvsoit vjev ov't atimitt.

Pup-godvoup tackidvt vjev esi nusi damvasemmz piavsem esi esvt, jiemvj, jotvusz, vidjpumuhz, epf tu up.

. Xsovoph gus vji Lopfmi qmevgusn ev vjot quopv upmz xuslt gus vji A.T. nesliv.

Lopfmi ot jesfmz atif op Iasuqi. Op vji Pivjismepft, O duamfp'v iwip usfis e Lopfmi metv zies xovjuav onqusvoph ov gsun Hisnepz.
Op gedv vji Iasuqiep qacmotjist epf cuul siveom djeopt jewi tiv vjios tohjvt up vji Lucu i-siefis. Vjiz fup'v xepv vu ci fiqipfipv up Enebup epf O deppuv cmeni vjin. Enebup xomm lomm vjin og vjiz miv ov.

Tu gus vji Iasuqiep nesliv, xsovi gus vji iQac gusnev vjev ot atif cz emnutv emm i-siefist epf vecmivt epf taqqusvif cz emm Iasuqiep qacmotjist epf cuul siveomist epf vjios xictovit.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom