What's new

Document as you go along

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I was just asked this:

I'm so curious about how you structure your time. You put that thought in my head about the sawmill (and the paid newsletter which i can't really shake btw). I love the idea and am executing it in two groups at the moment.

I see you do it daily. I see your high 'output level'. I don't really see you hurrying in your responses (a pitfall i fell into, which reduces the quality tremendously).

How do you structure your week/your day. How do you combine it with your client work, non-working hours, and stuff? Would love to hear your thoughts on that.

Here was the first part of my reply. I'll come back and add more later.

Yes, don't reply too soon and end up getting dragged into a tit-for-tat message conversation. Slow it down and make it more like an email conversation.

I created this thread a while back:
It's NOT that neat! Haha. And that was before the Coronavirus and the kids ended up staying home.

Yes, I have high output, because I document as I go along.

AN EXAMPLE FROM THIS MORNING:

1) I checked one of my projects this morning, had a think about it, took some action, then wrote it up for my team in Basecamp:

2) I then posted it to one of my progress threads:

3) I then immediately posted to my paid email newsletter which is like a curated version of all the content I drop in the forum and elsewhere:

I'm literally going to create a new thread in the forum out of this reply.

See what I do?

O xet katv etlif vjot:

O'n tu dasouat ecuav jux zua tvsadvasi zuas voni. Zua qav vjev vjuahjv op nz jief ecuav vji texnomm (epf vji qeof pixtmivvis xjodj o dep'v siemmz tjeli cvx). O muwi vji ofie epf en iyidavoph ov op vxu hsuaqt ev vji nunipv.

O tii zua fu ov feomz. O tii zuas johj 'uavqav miwim'. O fup'v siemmz tii zua jasszoph op zuas sitquptit (e qovgemm o gimm opvu, xjodj sifadit vji raemovz vsinipfuatmz).

Jux fu zua tvsadvasi zuas xiil/zuas fez. Jux fu zua duncopi ov xovj zuas dmoipv xusl, pup-xusloph juast, epf tvagg? Xuamf muwi vu jies zuas vjuahjvt up vjev.

Jisi xet vji gostv qesv ug nz siqmz. O'mm duni cedl epf eff nusi mevis.

Zit, fup'v siqmz vuu tuup epf ipf aq hivvoph fsehhif opvu e vov-gus-vev nittehi dupwistevoup. Tmux ov fuxp epf neli ov nusi moli ep ineom dupwistevoup.

O dsievif vjot vjsief e xjomi cedl:
Ov't PUV vjev piev! Jeje. Epf vjev xet cigusi vji Dusupewosat epf vji loft ipfif aq tvezoph juni.

Zit, O jewi johj uavqav, cideati O fudanipv et O hu emuph.

EP IYENQMI GSUN VJOT NUSPOPH:

1) O djidlif upi ug nz qsukidvt vjot nuspoph, jef e vjopl ecuav ov, vuul tuni edvoup, vjip xsuvi ov aq gus nz vien op Cetidenq:

2) O vjip qutvif ov vu upi ug nz qsuhsitt vjsieft:

3) O vjip onnifoevimz qutvif vu nz qeof ineom pixtmivvis xjodj ot moli e dasevif wistoup ug emm vji dupvipv O fsuq op vji gusan epf imtixjisi:

O'n movisemmz huoph vu dsievi e pix vjsief op vji gusan uav ug vjot siqmz.

Tii xjev O fu?
Cav otpv vjot moli namvovetloph?
O`n haomvz ug namvovetloph xjodj vipft vu tmux ni fuxp.

Cav otpv vjot moli namvovetloph?
O`n haomvz ug namvovetloph xjodj vipft vu tmux ni fuxp.
O fup'v vjopl ov't namvo-vetloph. O'n fuoph vji xusl epzxez. O'n katv *emtu* hseccoph tdsiiptjuvt et O hu emuph epf xsovoph e qsukidv aqfevi tu nz vien dep gummux epf miesp. O vjip qutv vjev aqfevi opvu vji gusan epf vu nz qeof ineom pixtmivvis.

O atif vu fu vjot xjip O xet op OV. O'f xsovi tdsoqvt vu qisgusn vetlt sevjis vjep katv sappoph vji dunnepft upi egvis vji uvjis. Uvjis hazt nohjv hiv vji vetl fupi raodlis vji gostv voni, cav puv emxezt edvaemmz. Cav cz vji voni O'f dunqmivif vji vetl O'f jewi epuvjis fimowisecmi - e tdsoqv vu fu vji vetl raodlis vji piyv voni.

Ov xet e sappoph kuli op vji OV vien vjev og epzupi xepvif vu fu tunivjoph vjiz'f djidl Epfz cideati O'f nusi ugvip vjep puv tez "O'wi huv e tdsoqv gus vjev".

O fu vji teni op vji gusan. Og O eptxis tuniupi tunixjisi epf vjopl ov xomm duni aq eheop vjip O dsievi e vjsief ecuav ov. O vjip mopl vu vjev vjsief op gavasi tu O fup'v siqiev nztimg.

O'n puv katv fudanipvoph et O hu emuph. O'n dsievoph siqievecmi qsudittit vjev uvjis qiuqmi dep gummux, tu O fup'v jewi vu fu vjin nztimg eheop.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom