The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Documenting my eCommerce journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Hello Everyone ,

I will be documenting my ecommerce startup will be sharing my daily updates here . Quich background on myself , I have been working in the corporate industry for around 5 years , and have always wanted to start something of my own. I have had many of my personel projects ranging from a creating a programming platform for developers to blogging about hair fashion , but they did not do well .

MJ's book provided me the much needed insight to adjust my mindset and get my act together. I have started my eCommerce business and have created this thread so I can document my journey , Share progress,share process and learn new things .

My eCommerce is in the competitive electronic space . There are serious big players in the niche and our plan is to capture as much market share as we possibly can. my GF works along with me
partime as well , she is a partner in the business . I feel my products will add value to the current market and I am hoping the market feels the same ... :)

My progress so far:
-Currently sell on Shopclues (a marketplace similar to amazon in India)
-Private labelled 1 product
-This products ranks no1 on shopclues for its sub category (have been assigned a best seller batch)
-Been in business for 2 monthsa
-Current Revenue : Rs 10,000 per month ( ~140$ :p)
-Have a rough version of the website ready , not completely functional
-Have setup a automateted marketing campaign backend process ready for the website .
-Registration not complete for amazon india , as they require documentation
-Have registered my company .
-Have shortlisted supplier

Goals Tracking :
Plans Ahead for 2016Q3:
-Plan to add two more products (30% complete)
-Get registered on amazon and 3 other popular marketplaces (0%)
-Focus on amazon and try to to break through the top3 pages for all my products (0%)
-Complete the website and complete the marketing automation process (60%)
- get to atleast Rs 100,000 per month revenue (~ $1,500) - (10%)
- get financial freedom for my GF from her slowlane job ,so she can give her full attention to the business (0%)
-get a dropshipper to epxand my product line without too much costs (0%)
-Get a brand setup (10%)

Long Term Plan
-Be the best charging brand in india, which people love
-Become the top sellers on amazon for our product categories
-Achieve true financial freedom and use time to do things that really matter.
-marry my GF and travel the world with my family :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Queenyheads

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Apr 6, 2015
Hello Everyone ,

I will be documenting my ecommerce startup will be sharing my daily updates here . Quich background on myself , I have been working in the corporate industry for around 5 years , and have always wanted to start something of my own. I have had many of my personel projects ranging from a creating a programming platform for developers to blogging about hair fashion , but they did not do well .

MJ's book provided me the much needed insight to adjust my mindset and get my act together. I have started my eCommerce business and have created this thread so I can document my journey , Share progress,share process and learn new things .

My eCommerce is in the competitive electronic space . There are serious big players in the niche and our plan is to capture as much market share as we possibly can. my GF works along with me
partime as well , she is a partner in the business . I feel my products will add value to the current market and I am hoping the market feels the same ... :)

My progress so far:
-Currently sell on Shopclues (a marketplace similar to amazon in India)
-Private labelled 1 product
-This products ranks no1 on shopclues for its sub category (have been assigned a best seller batch)
-Been in business for 2 monthsa
-Current Revenue : Rs 10,000 per month ( ~140$ :p)
-Have a rough version of the website ready , not completely functional
-Have setup a automateted marketing campaign backend process ready for the website .
-Registration not complete for amazon india , as they require documentation
-Have registered my company .
-Have shortlisted supplier

Plans Ahead for 2016Q3:
-Plan to add two more products .
-Get registered on amazon and 3 other popular marketplaces
-Focus on amazon and try to to break through the top3 pages for all my products
-Add product to shopclues and other marketplaces to supplement amazon revenue.
-Complete the website and complete the marketing automation process .
- get to atleast Rs 100,000 per month revenue (~ $1,500)
- get financial freedom for my GF from her slowlane job ,so she can give her full attention to the business
-get a dropshipper to epxand my product line without too much costs
-Get a brand setup

Long Term Plan
-Be the best charging brand in india, which people love
-Become the top sellers on amazon for our product categories
-Achieve true financial freedom and use time to do things that really matter.
-marry my GF and travel the world with my family :)

Ping me, If you need any help!!

I'm good at selling on eBay!!

First get registered VAT better yet get one LLP. Keep going.

I stay in Bangalore. My expertise is E-commerce. I'm still yet start my biz!

Regards,

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Ping me, If you need any help!!

I'm good at selling on eBay!!

First get registered VAT better yet get one LLP. Keep going.

I stay in Bangalore. My expertise is E-commerce. I'm still yet start my biz!

Regards,

Hey there , thanks for your response!!

Yeah , I have already registered an LLP , and have registered for VAT / CST :)

Cool , ebay is awesome . Something that i may pursue in the future.

Thanks

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Will keep updating this as I go along in my journey to update the areas below.
Will also make daily updates of things implemented/experiments

Update #2

Execution Plan (The King)
- Speak to target audience to understand their concerns .
- Find a point that will differentiate me from the market .
- Get a small test order from 4 shorlisted vendors .
- Create a listing using target search terms and customer lingo.
- Drive initial traffic through the marketplace PPC
- Continous Optimize and Testing
- Prepare for launch
- hire an accountant
- get trademarked
- get professional tax setup

Website / MarketPlace listing
- Will have my VAT/CST Number in 5 days, just waiting for my documents . Once I have this will register on Amazon India (selllers are not allowed to sell unless they have these govt docs) .
- Websites setup on wordpress , there are a few bugs and a few enhacement to be done

Marketing (Queen)
- have been driving traffic using Google ads.
- will give google ads 1month sprint wherein i am planning to learn and implement various stratergies to minimze cost increase clicks
- shitty part abt seeling on marketplaces , cannot track conversion if i drive traffic through different sources . Hence will be doing this one at a time
to benchmark conversion .
-Trying out Shopclues ad as well , have a budget of 100$ to test this out .
- Have created a list of Amazon reviewers for my product launch in AMZ for outreach once product is live
-Will start with amz ppc when available
-Created social media accounts (FB,twitter ,insta)

Sales Benchmarking :

Customer Support (BISHOP) :
- customer support on Shopclues is taken care by them , 0 complaints or negative reviews so far
- Customer service setup on website : Chat and support email created .

People (ROOK):

Ideas (PAWNS) :
-test out social media ads
-Content marketing
- get brand trademarked
-get quick books for accounting
-Lendingkart as a loan source , low interest rates 1.29% (for scaling)
- Start with 3 flagship products. In the low-margin , mig-margin and high margin range.
- Planning to give the low cost product at an insanely low cost to accquire atleast 200 customer . will bear the expenses.
- Once I have the customer details will , drive them through the funnel to upsell my mid-margin product
- Will forward the high-margin product once they go through the mid-range.
- will use these details to attract similar demographic in FB .
- Will use these emails to nutrure them and brand indoctrination as well.

Highlights of day:
USB gets approved
Submitted for brand registry
Bank account creation
VAT CST Resitration competed , waiting for docs
Branding package bought .

Greg Black

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 24, 2016
Bournemouth, UK.
Will keep updating this as I go along in my journey to update the areas below.
Will also make daily updates of things implemented/experiments

Update #2

Execution Plan (The King)
- Speak to target audience to understand their concerns .
- Find a point that will differentiate me from the market .
- Get a small test order from 4 shorlisted vendors .
- Create a listing using target search terms and customer lingo.
- Drive initial traffic through the marketplace PPC
- Continous Optimize and Testing
- Prepare for launch
- hire an accountant
- get trademarked
- get professional tax setup

Website / MarketPlace listing
- Will have my VAT/CST Number in 5 days, just waiting for my documents . Once I have this will register on Amazon India (selllers are not allowed to sell unless they have these govt docs) .
- Websites setup on wordpress , there are a few bugs and a few enhacement to be done

Marketing (Queen)
- have been driving traffic using Google ads.
- will give google ads 1month sprint wherein i am planning to learn and implement various stratergies to minimze cost increase clicks
- shitty part abt seeling on marketplaces , cannot track conversion if i drive traffic through different sources . Hence will be doing this one at a time
to benchmark conversion .
-Trying out Shopclues ad as well , have a budget of 100$ to test this out .
- Have created a list of Amazon reviewers for my product launch in AMZ for outreach once product is live
-Will start with amz ppc when available
-Created social media accounts (FB,twitter ,insta)

Sales Benchmarking :

Customer Support (BISHOP) :
- customer support on Shopclues is taken care by them , 0 complaints or negative reviews so far
- Customer service setup on website : Chat and support email created .

People (ROOK):

Ideas (PAWNS) :
-test out social media ads
-Content marketing
- get brand trademarked
-get quick books for accounting
-Lendingkart as a loan source , low interest rates 1.29% (for scaling)
- Start with 3 flagship products. In the low-margin , mig-margin and high margin range.
- Planning to give the low cost product at an insanely low cost to accquire atleast 200 customer . will bear the expenses.
- Once I have the customer details will , drive them through the funnel to upsell my mid-margin product
- Will forward the high-margin product once they go through the mid-range.
- will use these details to attract similar demographic in FB .
- Will use these emails to nutrure them and brand indoctrination as well.

Highlights of day:
USB gets approved
Submitted for brand registry
Bank account creation
VAT CST Resitration competed , waiting for docs
Branding package bought .

There is so much to do. In my experience I would focus on creating the best products that you can, ensuring that they are properly differentiated in some way and selling through the marketplaces before you even think about content marketing, your own website etc.

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
There is so much to do. In my experience I would focus on creating the best products that you can, ensuring that they are properly differentiated in some way and selling through the marketplaces before you even think about content marketing, your own website etc.

Hey Greg ,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, appreciate it very much .
I completely agree , The "Idea" section up there is just a collection of thoughts .

My main focus as of now is product differential and selling on the marketplace. Will be focussing completely on selling on the marketplace till we reach a point in time we are getting consistent and a high volume of sales and there is some brand recognition.

Some techniques i use to get to know my customer better , is i hang out in forums where my audience is .
I also go through negative reviews to understand what is missing in the products in my market.

Greg, would love to hear some action steps you take to differentiate your product in the marketplace ?

Greg Black

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 24, 2016
Bournemouth, UK.
Greg, would love to hear some action steps you take to differentiate your product in the marketplace ?

You need to find an angle that makes your product stand out to a particular segment. It may be something simple like size, but it needs to meet the needs of people in that market that nobody else is fulfilling.

One of the best ways to do this is to read all the reviews of competitive products and note down all the things that people say they want improved, how they use it, what they like and don't like and use this to make your product stand out. It may also be that you have personal experience of the products and you know instinctively what is missing from the market.

I recommend this simple ebook that outlines a process for positioning your product: https://www.amazon.com/Day-Brand-Learn-Physical-Product-ebook/dp/B00QPRMOTM

For overall branding, its important for the brand to represent what is in the packaging, rather than a generic broad name that represents many things. One of the best books on branding for guys like us is: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060007737/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Product1 has been live for a month , its been generating revenue but no profit . I have been using google ads to drive traffic to my listing with a daily budget
of Rs 200 . This has been driving ~24 clicks per day .

Weekly breakdown of my store analytics at shopclues:
Visitors : 169
Added to Cart : 12
Sold : 10
Click to Cart% : 7.10%
Click to Conversion : 5.92%
Cart to Coversion% : 83.3%

Need to improve upon the conversion rate . I plan to improve the conversion rate before I can really scale the traffic
and drive volume traffic to the page .

Optimized my google adwords campaign , by getting rid of low performing keywords . Have monitored my ads over a month , got rid of ads that were not working . Have created ads that are working well in an adgroup and have replicated it in other adgroups as well.

Have also been testing shopclues ads , their PPC program so far has given me 0 conversions . The ads have been running for a month , no major results .
impression : 1000 , clicks:6 , Conversions/Sales : 0 . This makes me wonder if their PPC platform is shitty or is my listing needs improvement to improve the CTR .

Currently the sales are not consistent , am aiming to have atleast 5 sales everyday.
I wish we had an A/B testing featues in these platforms .

Updates on Product2 ..
-have created listing on Shopclues
- the listings is awaiting approval
-recieved samples , they look alright
- Still negotiating on the pricing with the vendor for test orders.

Steps to improve conversion rate for P1
- Add new images
- use a service called https://www.pixelz.com/ , they are pretty amazing to create better images
- Will sprinkle in latent keywords in the listing
- Keep optimizing Adwords to reduce CPC
-Add relevevant search terms from Adwords to the listing

Attachments

• Store.PNG
    Store.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
You need to find an angle that makes your product stand out to a particular segment. It may be something simple like size, but it needs to meet the needs of people in that market that nobody else is fulfilling.

One of the best ways to do this is to read all the reviews of competitive products and note down all the things that people say they want improved, how they use it, what they like and don't like and use this to make your product stand out. It may also be that you have personal experience of the products and you know instinctively what is missing from the market.

I recommend this simple ebook that outlines a process for positioning your product: https://www.amazon.com/Day-Brand-Learn-Physical-Product-ebook/dp/B00QPRMOTM

For overall branding, its important for the brand to represent what is in the packaging, rather than a generic broad name that represents many things. One of the best books on branding for guys like us is: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060007737/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Hey Greg , thanks for sharing .... very helpful .

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
UPDATES

Product1 :
-Shopclues ads have still not given any conversions .
- Have optimized the Ads to skim off non performing keywords and ads further today.
- The Cost per Click per campaign went up today after the changes I made yesterday . I am assuming the traffic now is targetted and there amazon competing for the same keyword , but the good thing is my average ad ranking is 1.2 across most ads . The CTR has gone up as well.
-Still averaging on 1 sale a day.
- The best seller on amazon sells almost 100 units a day.
- Aiming to attain 10 sales a day , i would need to drive at least 1,694 clicks (~250 clicks a day)
- My current campaign is Rs200 a day which generates ~ 20clicks a day . to generate 20 clicks will
- To get to 250 clicks per day need to set a campaign of Rs2500.\

Product2 , Product 3 -- still working out the final price and MOQs.

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Product1 Updates:
- Have had no sales for prod1 since the last update .
- I am not sure what the reason could be , last time I had changed a few keywords to phrase match from broad match
- I had raised my budget to 1000 per day in the hopes that the sales would increase . Did not happen .
- Need to revisit google adwords by Jerry Banfield .
- Shopclues Ads generated 104 clicks , no conversions .
- My Brand registration was not approved my amazon as I did have my brand trademarked and the images were not upto the mark. Need to work on them .
- Always make a practice to create copy of campaigns on Google adwords before making edits .

Product 2 - Product3
- The talks with vendor ended as they did not agree with our pricing.
- We will be looking out for more vendors .

VS-Recruit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 12, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Product1 Updates:
- I am not sure what the reason could be , last time I had changed a few keywords to phrase match from broad match
- I had raised my budget to 1000 per day in the hopes that the sales would increase . Did not happen .
- My Brand registration was not approved my amazon as I did have my brand trademarked and the images were not upto the mark. Need to work on them .
- Always make a practice to create copy of campaigns on Google adwords before making edits .

Product 2 - Product3

Good luck Nayak!

Quick question - Are your suppliers in India or you are importing products from outside India. I know imports products in India is not easy.

VS-Recruit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 12, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Product1 Updates:

Product 2 - Product3

Good luck Nayak!

Quick question - Are your suppliers in India or you are importing products from outside India. I know imports products in India is not easy.

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Good luck Nayak!

Hey There ,

Thanks for your question !!

Yes, My suppliers are from India . It definitely is challenging , There are a lot less responsive/flexible compared to Chinese suppliers .
But again being from India myself , I have some experience dealing with them .

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Updates

Product1 :
- Big screwup . As updated yesterday there were no sales , even though I tried scaling up the traffic n my campaign budget NO sales were generated.
- The reason behind was that the inventory quantity was not updated (I had reordered last week). I ran traffic to my listing with no inventory . Stupid Stupid mistake . Have updated my inventory options and will be running ads again with a lower campaign budget :(
- Have reverted my campaign to its previous form.

Product2/Product3 :
- Still finding vendors . Created an excel sheet . planning to go through 50 vendors .
- The process has been very painful . Most have them are not manufacturers. Most of them are wholesalers
and are trying to just offload their sub standard products in bulk . :(
- Considering going the chinese supplier route . But that would mean more delay .
- Will apply for IEC to start with the import/export licence that is needed for indian sellers

Execution -
- Have created a list of 100 blogs/influencers who are known in the market
- Need to find email/twitter/fb details for them . Maintain in CRM (agileCRM).
- Create a focussed target List
- Will start reaching out to them in form of blog comments , so I could build solid relationships until we get our produict shipped
- Need to do some ego-stroking for these individuals

Well my day-job has been taking a lot of my time as well , pushing through though .
[HASHTAG]#taking action[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
Hey Nayan,

Just wanted to let you know I read everyone of these. You are putting in the grind man keep it up. By the way - is this your full time job or do you work and do this?

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Hey Nayan,

Just wanted to let you know I read everyone of these. You are putting in the grind man keep it up. By the way - is this your full time job or do you work and do this?

Hey there ,

Thanks for the encouraging words . Really helpful !!

I have a full-time job as an IT engineer . I try to work on my business in between jobs and after working hours .
I use my monthly salary to fund my business :)

Last edited:

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Updates :

Product1 Updates :
- Reverted the google adwords , it is driving traffic but no sales generated again today.
- The shopclues platform does not give the capability to track conversions , this limits my capability to improve my google ads.
its like driving with your eyes closed .
- Anyways I am optimizing for maximum clicks , minimize price .
- Have been running ads for this product for 3 months now .
- Net revenue : 10,613 . Net loss : 4,000 . Doesnt look good , i m confident my slack adjuster product will cover up for them.
- This is a low cost , hence low margin and very little flexibility on google ads
- Highlights : Ranks 1 for main keyword on shopclues
- Will stop running google ads after august and document my findings . Hoping that organic sales will take over
-Will experiment with FB ads .

Product 2, Prod 3
- My product2, product3 listing has been approved on shopclues . Have created listing .
- still negotiating with suppliers , planning to finalise by week
- Will start creating some google ads for these products
- Will drive traffic to my shopclues listing initially and hope organic sales will then catch up.
- Will start setting up my website once I start receiving consistent organic sales.
- Continue creating a list of bloggers/influencers . Will start sharing and interacting with them to warm them up.

Execution:
- My Strategy for Adwords . Create ad groups form 5 keywords types ,which have commercial intent .
- Name Buy , Coupon, Discount , Saving .
- Will create two other keyword groups that have Informational Intent .
- Will setup an auto responder series to request for reviews.
- The good thing about shopclues is I get to retain the customer information . Plan is to form a list to which I can promote my website to in the future.
- Start selling on AMZ and Flipkart once VAT/CST ready

Achieved :
- Bank Account Created .
- VAT/CST registration in progress will complete by this week.
- Applied for IEC and Trademark
- RazorPay account confirmed , now I can accept payments from 52 banks debit and credit card.
- marketing automation set , I have used Drip (1$ per month)
- Customer support setup (Free)
- Registered LLP firm

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Just tried out using the Shopclues features to improve sales volume.
included value added services :
1) 1 unit item ordered would be shipping charges
2) with 2 items ordered the shipping is free
3) with 3 item ordered the cost sale price reduces by 10
4) with 4 item ordered the cost sale price reduces by 5
5) with 5 item ordered the cost sale price reduces by 5

Initiated the Trademark registration for my firm. This will help me with Brand registry with AMZ.
Applied for IEC code , which is needed to Import/Export .

Have extracted email ID's for influencers who I can reach out to for reviews ..
Stratergy to get ID's
-used the email hunter plugin .
-visited influencer site
- got email

Last edited:

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Updates

Got VAT Acnowledgement . Almost there .
Will be able to sell on Amz , Snapdeal and Shopclues after this (**excited**)
Have applied for IEC code
Once I am on amazon , will use their PPC .
Will also test shopclues ads against new product launches

Product1
- Have been getting one sale per day again , after making changes to adwords.
- Dont have any organic sales yet .
- Change of plans : will run google ads this entire week.
- Will scale google ads once more over the weekend will
- Will experiment with FB next week

Product2 , 3 :
-have contacted 30 vendors , will make a final decision on the best products soon.
-Product Listings created .
-Use AMZ Shark to understand the average reviews,average description and
average bullet points
- Will create images using a service called Pixelz , they are pretty awesome .

Gearing up my website , as I am going to stop wasting money by not tracking conversion.
My own website will help me track conversion write an awesome copy.
More margins.
Have resolved issues with checkout issues.
Will Use google ads to drive traffic to my website once my product is selling well on the market places.

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Updates :

Prod1 Update (Priority1)
- I see a gradual increase in the sales volume , after offering a packing deal .
- Wherein the higher is the quantity ordered lower is the price .
- I loose Rs2 when a person buys 1 product , but I gain money if a user buys atleast 2 products
- The seller fees on shopclues is insane (45% in seller +shipping fees) . I would be moving to amazon once everything looks alright.
-- Waiting for approval from Amazon
- Sales number is expected to go up once I get to AMZ . :)

Prod2,3 (Priority2)

-its holiday season here gue to ganesh festivals , most vendors are away.
-Many of them have not responded due to it .
-still pushing my way through interviewing these vendors .
-My listing that was approved after a lot of followup , suddenly rolled back to request approval state . This is frustrating as it means I will do another series of follow ups with the support team . This process is painful .
- I have anyways gone ahead and created my website anyways .
- Waiting for approval from Amazon

Website Updates (Priority3)
- Have almost completed the website .
-Have a backend email system process in place to move the customer through my funnel .
- Have slogged over the weeks to create emails that will keep the list engaged throughout the year.
- Just Need to setup weekly newsletters.
- Have recieved my branded packaging :)
- Have setup support over my website and social media .Used Freshdesk
-Have created a Twitter/Facebook and Instagram account.
- Have grown to 150 followers twitter 3 days . Will do the same for insta
- Have registered for TM and IEC Code

Pain Areas: Creating this so I can outsource some of these tasks to VA
- Coupons management is painful.
- Gathering emails from influencers is painful
- Content Writing .
- Following up with the marketplaces for approvals takes a lot of time and effort.

Last edited:

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
# Update (Adword Account Banned)

yesterday I create google ads for my website which I would be launching soon . While creating ads I was using ads from my previous campaigns that worked well . I recieved an email with the ads disapproval message: All display URLs within a single ad group must have the same domain.

I immediately corrected my ads . But today morning I was shocked to receive Account Suspension email . Does google have such 0 tolerant policies? . I have trying to reach support but in vain . This means my google ads wont run any longer :( . I have seen people disputing the Ban and not many have their problems resolved .

I will report a review as well . hope it comes through . Anyways I am not worried , will find a workaround .Will start testing FB ads starting this month.
Looking at the brighter side , have not spent a fortune on it , had a decent return . Spent - Rs.10,550 . revenue generated : Rs.10,163
Some hard lessons learnt : Read and follow the Terms and Conditions and be very careful before scaling/creating ads and adgroups.

There are a few people arguing on the google forum saying that google favors the big companies and let them get away with policy violations while the smaller businesses have their account suspended . is this true ? Any views on this ?

Anyways hustling through . :)

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
I have been staffed to a new project recently in my job , its been taking a lot of my time . Its been a super hectic week , was not able to focus on my FL business . But I have managed to find a vendor for my PB . I have ordered samples .

Meanwhile product 1 is doing fairly well . Have been using FB ads to drive traffic to the product listing . The sales volume has increased .

I have registered into AMZ and am learning about FBA during my travel time or lunch. Its been getting tough surely , but I will push through .

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
have been super occupied with my slowlane job . Have found very little to work on my fastlane business which is frustrating . Anyways , I have shortlisted on Prod2 , which has been pending for a while . We have recieved samples from the vendor , have tested it . The results look alright . We will be placing an order soon . We are planning to sell through amazon this time around . Have not been able to spend too much time learning the process ... Have registered for TM . Will have brand registry done .

I have asked my gf to take over the amazon business part until i get some free time in my SL job.My only worry being hope we dont screw up with the shipping dates and get our account banned .... FBA seems like a good option for now .

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Hi @Nayan Naik Read this today and wondered, how is it going now?

Hey Sadik ,

It's been going pretty good . I took a break from my social media account and forums to focus on getting things done .
Will post my updates below .

Nayan Naik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Mar 10, 2016
Update : hey everyone , I know I have been gone for a while and have not posted any updates . Nonetheless I have kept making progress .

We now have launched 5 products under our brand and are making around rs 300,000 (~4300$) per month in revenue for the last 4 months . However I have not been able to quit my slow lane job yet. However the slow lane job is funding most of the inventory .

Amazon is our primary source . In the coming months we will be diversifying into marketplaces like flipkart , snapdeal , Paytm , Tatacliq and amazon US and UK .

We also plan to launch our own website , but I feel we need to focus to get to sales in all market places , until people start using our brand name in the search terms .

Also I really excited for launch of another product which I feel will be a game changer and is in the IoT space . This will be such a huge value add for my market if everything works file .

I am grateful at how things are going for now , I have married my girlfriend and she is helping me achieve my fastlane goals .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.