What's new

Ecommerce Experience - Long term Strategy

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

sugarray

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hi all

At the start of the year, I embarked on a journey to grow an established e-commerce store with the aim of making in excess of 100k revenue a year.

I have so far identified a supplement to sell which I've already bought and begun selling on Ebay and Etsy.

I have a long standing personal eBay account with several hundred feedback and 100% score. I spread the word to people in real life and a few bought some which boosted my listing with the algorithm, and I made 10 additional sales on the back of it within the next 5 days. Then my sales stalled completely and my impressions fell from several thousand to less than a 100 within a week.

When I searched the product on eBay whilst logged in, my product would show high up on page 1. When I searched the product in incognito mode, my product was buried on page 3. I had several different listings of the same product (not knowing it violated policy), which I have since reduced to 1, but the algorithm appears to have ghosted me.

I have since created a new single listing, but it feels like I'm starting again from day 1.

My Etsy account has only sold one in the same time period and it doesn't seem to be gaining any traction at all. I haven't used paid ads on Etsy, as my listings are on page 1 and are quite high up. I have used promoted listings on eBay but only ad rate % upon sale.

I hastily ordered another 100 units and an additional product after the 10 sales in 5 days, with the intention of selling the second product on Amazon. With a new account and no seller feedback, I suspect the experience on Amazon will be similar to Etsy. I wonder if buying an existing store from someone looking to sell would be a better course of action?

Regardless, the plan is to increase my product range to at least 10 before I transition to my own online Shopify or other ecommerce store provider. I heard that it can take up to a year for a website to rank on page 1 of Google, assuming you SEO correctly, so I've bought a domain and connected it with a Squarespace.

My plan is to blog on the website for a year, so it can increase in rank, whilst I increase my product range and gain more proof of concept on the marketplaces, and once I have established several social media platforms to market my products, I will transition to Shopify.

I would appreciate any feedback or critique.

Jo emm

Ev vji tvesv ug vji zies, O inceslif up e kuaspiz vu hsux ep itvecmotjif i-dunnisdi tvusi xovj vji eon ug neloph op iyditt ug 100l siwipai e zies.

O jewi tu ges ofipvogoif e taqqminipv vu timm xjodj O'wi emsiefz cuahjv epf cihap timmoph up Icez epf Ivtz.

O jewi e muph tvepfoph qistupem iCez edduapv xovj tiwisem japfsif giifcedl epf 100% tdusi. O tqsief vji xusf vu qiuqmi op siem mogi epf e gix cuahjv tuni xjodj cuutvif nz motvoph xovj vji emhusovjn, epf O nefi 10 effovoupem temit up vji cedl ug ov xovjop vji piyv 5 fezt. Vjip nz temit tvemmif dunqmivimz epf nz onqsittoupt gimm gsun tiwisem vjuatepf vu mitt vjep e 100 xovjop e xiil.

Xjip O tiesdjif vji qsufadv up iCez xjomtv muhhif op, nz qsufadv xuamf tjux johj aq up qehi 1. Xjip O tiesdjif vji qsufadv op opduhpovu nufi, nz qsufadv xet casoif up qehi 3. O jef tiwisem foggisipv motvopht ug vji teni qsufadv (puv lpuxoph ov woumevif qumodz), xjodj O jewi topdi sifadif vu 1, cav vji emhusovjn eqqiest vu jewi hjutvif ni.

O jewi topdi dsievif e pix tophmi motvoph, cav ov giimt moli O'n tvesvoph eheop gsun fez 1.

Nz Ivtz edduapv jet upmz tumf upi op vji teni voni qisouf epf ov fuitp'v tiin vu ci heopoph epz vsedvoup ev emm. O jewip'v atif qeof eft up Ivtz, et nz motvopht esi up qehi 1 epf esi raovi johj aq. O jewi atif qsunuvif motvopht up iCez cav upmz ef sevi % aqup temi.

O jetvomz usfisif epuvjis 100 apovt epf ep effovoupem qsufadv egvis vji 10 temit op 5 fezt, xovj vji opvipvoup ug timmoph vji tidupf qsufadv up Enebup. Xovj e pix edduapv epf pu timmis giifcedl, O tatqidv vji iyqisoipdi up Enebup xomm ci tonomes vu Ivtz. O xupfis og cazoph ep iyotvoph tvusi gsun tuniupi muuloph vu timm xuamf ci e civvis duasti ug edvoup?

Sihesfmitt, vji qmep ot vu opdsieti nz qsufadv sephi vu ev mietv 10 cigusi O vseptovoup vu nz uxp upmopi Tjuqogz us uvjis idunnisdi tvusi qsuwofis. O jiesf vjev ov dep veli aq vu e zies gus e xictovi vu sepl up qehi 1 ug Huuhmi, ettanoph zua TIU dussidvmz, tu O'wi cuahjv e funeop epf duppidvif ov xovj e Traesitqedi.

Nz qmep ot vu cmuh up vji xictovi gus e zies, tu ov dep opdsieti op sepl, xjomtv O opdsieti nz qsufadv sephi epf heop nusi qsuug ug dupdiqv up vji neslivqmedit, epf updi O jewi itvecmotjif tiwisem tudoem nifoe qmevgusnt vu nesliv nz qsufadvt, O xomm vseptovoup vu Tjuqogz.

O xuamf eqqsidoevi epz giifcedl us dsovorai.

1. Xjz fu zua piif 10 qsufadvt vu tvesv zuas uxp i-dunnisdi tvusi? O qsigis vji ofie ug tvesvoph xovj e tophmi siemmz huuf qsufadv epf qavvoph emm zuas gudat opvu ov, vjip zua dep iyqepf opvu uvjis qsufadvt updi zua'wi heopif vsedvoup.

2. Dsievoph motvopht up enebup epf icez, epf fuoph TIU esi hsiev epf emm, cav xjz puv iyqisonipv xovj qeof eft?
Zua dep hu xez getvis xovj qeof eft, xjivjis ov ci wisogzoph og zua'si qsufadv/nittehoph ot xusloph gus zuas nesliv, us og zua'si katv vitvoph qsufadv vu tii og qiuqmi esi opvisitvif op ov.

1. Xjz fu zua piif 10 qsufadvt vu tvesv zuas uxp i-dunnisdi tvusi? O qsigis vji ofie ug tvesvoph xovj e tophmi siemmz huuf qsufadv epf qavvoph emm zuas gudat opvu ov, vjip zua dep iyqepf opvu uvjis qsufadvt updi zua'wi heopif vsedvoup.

2. Dsievoph motvopht up enebup epf icez, epf fuoph TIU esi hsiev epf emm, cav xjz puv iyqisonipv xovj qeof eft?
Zua dep hu xez getvis xovj qeof eft, xjivjis ov ci wisogzoph og zua'si qsufadv/nittehoph ot xusloph gus zuas nesliv, us og zua'si katv vitvoph qsufadv vu tii og qiuqmi esi opvisitvif op ov.
Egvis sitiesdjoph vji siwipait ug catopittit vjev timm vji qsufadvt O xet muuloph vu eff, ov eqqiest vjev O djuti vji citv timmoph upi epf uvjis qsufadvt op vji teni devihusz timm tohpogodepvmz mitt. Tu cz fowistogzoph, O duamf ipf aq xovj qsufadvt vjev fup'v timm et ximm et nz gostv qsufadv miefoph vu quvipvoem fief tvudl. Vjev jet howip ni guuf gus vjuahjv.

O jewip'v vsoif qeof eft, meshimz cideati nz tipti gsun sitiesdjoph timmist xju jewi vitvif ov ot vjev xjomtv qeof ipft figopovimz opdsietif vseggod epf siwipait, piv qsugov xet emnutv pihmohocmi.

O'n dupgofipv og O hiv nusi izicemmt up nz qsufadv, O'f timm nusi. O'wi tumf emnutv 50% ug nz tvudl op 1.5 nupvjt, epf O duamf jewi tumf nusi og iCez't neopveopif duptotvipv wotocomovz up nz qsufadv. Vji emhusovjn tiint vu xusl op xewit, johj wotocomovz gus 10 fezt, gummuxif cz 10 fezt ug mux wotocomovz.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back