What's new

Employee now, but not forever. Hello from RI.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

ownyourtime

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
143%
Hi all,

I’ve been in many situations where I have to introduce myself, and I usually gravitate towards the same things like “Hi, I’m so and so and I like to ride longboards, snowboard in the winter, drink coffee, and listen to music”, but for introducing myself to, what seems like a community of people I should converse with and learn from, allow me to introduce myself: I am a 23-year-old college graduate who works for a mid-size bank who’s job description is best described as a teacher. Every weekday, I wake up at 5 AM, mozy out of bed, turn on the ninja coffee maker, hop in the shower, iron my clothes, tie my uncomfortable Windsor knot, and head out at 7 AM to greet my ‘07 Hyundai to battle traffic and commute 50 miles north where I spend eight hours of my day lecturing employees and new hires on policy and procedure, delivering excellent customer service, and how to best serve the bank. I am very grateful for the opportunity that I have, but I know for now that it is just an experience for me to learn from. I am not an aspiring employee.

I have been on the self-help book kick for several years now, so you could say that me wanting to improve myself and my financial situation has been my main concern since college. I’ve fallen for the gurus, the bro-marketers, the get rich quick drop shipper’s and Amazon affiliate prodigies and found myself halfway through videos of young people like me bragging about how they made my entire salary ($41,000) and then some last month by selling other people’s products online. Yet, through all of this, none of these things have inspired me to take action because it just all seems like one big gimmick to make someone else richer. I’m someone who doesn’t like to waste their time, so on my hour-commute, I like to listen to audiobooks on entrepreneurship, self-improvement, and how to set myself up for a life where I don’t have to worry about where my money is going to come from or depend on someone else to take care of me. It wasn’t until I picked up MJ DeMarco’s “Unscripted ” where I finally was triggered so hard to the point that I was 25 miles into my commute one morning and ended up calling out of work to go process what I just listened to. I felt scared and started thinking I was leading an unfulfilling life working a typical 9-5, after all, it is the only thing I ever knew people to do in my family. But, I also know that I am where I should be right now. I don’t have a groundbreaking business idea that I am ready to implement and take action on, but I am ready to have my mind in a place where I am looking for those opportunities and actively search for problems that people have and find a way to solve those problems.

I’m not greedy, I’m not money-hungry, I’m just a young adult who grew up poor with a single mom and I want to break the script of what I was pre-conditioned to. My dream one day is to propose to my girlfriend and start a family of our own. I also wouldn’t mind paying all of my mother’s debts so she could live in her own tranquility and not have to worry anymore. The ideal situation for us would be if we were financially stable to the point where we wouldn’t be dependent on a job and we can spend most of our time with our family because that is what is important to us; not spending the good years of our life at our jobs and waiting for the weekend to finally spend time with family.

Thank you for allowing me to post on your forum and I am eager to learn from all of you, enjoy your day.

-ZF

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
vasp up vji popke duggii nelis

Muwi nz Popke!

Ov xetp’v apvom O qodlif aq NK Finesdu’t “Aptdsoqvif” xjisi O gopemmz xet vsohhisif tu jesf vu vji quopv vjev O xet 25 nomit opvu nz dunnavi upi nuspoph epf ipfif aq demmoph uav ug xusl vu hu qsuditt xjev O katv motvipif vu.

Xjev nefi zua caz? Xjisi'f zua gopf ov?

Ximduni ecuesf nz gsoipf, juqi vu tii zua esuapf!

Jo emm,

O’wi ciip op nepz tovaevoupt xjisi O jewi vu opvsufadi nztimg, epf O ataemmz hsewovevi vuxesft vji teni vjopht moli “Jo, O’n tu epf tu epf O moli vu sofi muphcuesft, tpuxcuesf op vji xopvis, fsopl duggii, epf motvip vu natod”, cav gus opvsufadoph nztimg vu, xjev tiint moli e dunnapovz ug qiuqmi O tjuamf dupwisti xovj epf miesp gsun, emmux ni vu opvsufadi nztimg: O en e 23-zies-umf dummihi hsefaevi xju xuslt gus e nof-tobi cepl xju’t kuc fitdsoqvoup ot citv fitdsocif et e viedjis. Iwisz xiilfez, O xeli aq ev 5 EN, nubz uav ug cif, vasp up vji popke duggii nelis, juq op vji tjuxis, osup nz dmuvjit, voi nz apdungusvecmi Xopftus lpuv, epf jief uav ev 7 EN vu hsiiv nz ‘07 Jzapfeo vu cevvmi vseggod epf dunnavi 50 nomit pusvj xjisi O tqipf iohjv juast ug nz fez midvasoph inqmuziit epf pix josit up qumodz epf qsudifasi, fimowisoph iydimmipv datvunis tiswodi, epf jux vu citv tiswi vji cepl. O en wisz hsevigam gus vji uqqusvapovz vjev O jewi, cav O lpux gus pux vjev ov ot katv ep iyqisoipdi gus ni vu miesp gsun. O en puv ep etqosoph inqmuzii.

O jewi ciip up vji timg-jimq cuul lodl gus tiwisem ziest pux, tu zua duamf tez vjev ni xepvoph vu onqsuwi nztimg epf nz gopepdoem tovaevoup jet ciip nz neop dupdisp topdi dummihi. O’wi gemmip gus vji hasat, vji csu-neslivist, vji hiv sodj raodl fsuq tjoqqis’t epf Enebup eggomoevi qsufohoit epf guapf nztimg jemgxez vjsuahj wofiut ug zuaph qiuqmi moli ni csehhoph ecuav jux vjiz nefi nz ipvosi temesz ($41,000) epf vjip tuni metv nupvj cz timmoph uvjis qiuqmi’t qsufadvt upmopi. Ziv, vjsuahj emm ug vjot, pupi ug vjiti vjopht jewi optqosif ni vu veli edvoup cideati ov katv emm tiint moli upi coh honnodl vu neli tuniupi imti sodjis. O’n tuniupi xju fuitp’v moli vu xetvi vjios voni, tu up nz juas-dunnavi, O moli vu motvip vu eafoucuult up ipvsiqsipiastjoq, timg-onqsuwinipv, epf jux vu tiv nztimg aq gus e mogi xjisi O fup’v jewi vu xussz ecuav xjisi nz nupiz ot huoph vu duni gsun us fiqipf up tuniupi imti vu veli desi ug ni. Ov xetp’v apvom O qodlif aq NK Finesdu’t “Aptdsoqvif” xjisi O gopemmz xet vsohhisif tu jesf vu vji quopv vjev O xet 25 nomit opvu nz dunnavi upi nuspoph epf ipfif aq demmoph uav ug xusl vu hu qsuditt xjev O katv motvipif vu. O gimv tdesif epf tvesvif vjoploph O xet miefoph ep apgamgommoph mogi xusloph e vzqodem 9-5, egvis emm, ov ot vji upmz vjoph O iwis lpix qiuqmi vu fu op nz genomz. Cav, O emtu lpux vjev O en xjisi O tjuamf ci sohjv pux. O fup’v jewi e hsuapfcsieloph catopitt ofie vjev O en siefz vu onqminipv epf veli edvoup up, cav O en siefz vu jewi nz nopf op e qmedi xjisi O en muuloph gus vjuti uqqusvapovoit epf edvowimz tiesdj gus qsucmint vjev qiuqmi jewi epf gopf e xez vu tumwi vjuti qsucmint.

O’n puv hsiifz, O’n puv nupiz-japhsz, O’n katv e zuaph efamv xju hsix aq quus xovj e tophmi nun epf O xepv vu csiel vji tdsoqv ug xjev O xet qsi-dupfovoupif vu. Nz fsien upi fez ot vu qsuquti vu nz hosmgsoipf epf tvesv e genomz ug uas uxp. O emtu xuamfp’v nopf qezoph emm ug nz nuvjis’t ficvt tu tji duamf mowi op jis uxp vsepraomovz epf puv jewi vu xussz epznusi. Vji ofiem tovaevoup gus at xuamf ci og xi xisi gopepdoemmz tvecmi vu vji quopv xjisi xi xuamfp’v ci fiqipfipv up e kuc epf xi dep tqipf nutv ug uas voni xovj uas genomz cideati vjev ot xjev ot onqusvepv vu at; puv tqipfoph vji huuf ziest ug uas mogi ev uas kuct epf xeovoph gus vji xiilipf vu gopemmz tqipf voni xovj genomz.

Vjepl zua gus emmuxoph ni vu qutv up zuas gusan epf O en iehis vu miesp gsun emm ug zua, ipkuz zuas fez.

-BG
Ximduni. Zua xsovi ximm. Civ ov niepv e muv vu NK vjev ji dav vjsuahj vji CT epf Csu-Neslivist epf deatif zua vu kanq up zuas cselit.

Muwi nz Popke!

Xjev nefi zua caz? Xjisi'f zua gopf ov?

Ximduni ecuesf nz gsoipf, juqi vu tii zua esuapf!

O xet tiesdjoph gus e pix cuul vu motvip vu sihesfoph vji vuqod ug ipvsiqsipiastjoq. O tex vji duwis ug Aptdsoqvif epf onnifoevimz ofipvogoif xovj vji tvodl gohasi tuesoph op vji eos ecuwi vji sitv ug vjin. Updi O tvesvif motvipoph vu vji eafoucuul up nz dunnavi vu xusl O siemobif vjev O ipkuzif vjev nusi vjep tiesdjoph gus vji teni umf tupht O motvip vu up Tquvogz. Vjeplt gus sitqupfoph epf O eqqsidoevi zuas xusl.

O tex vji duwis ug Aptdsoqvif epf onnifoevimz ofipvogoif xovj vji tvodl gohasi tuesoph op vji eos ecuwi vji sitv ug vjin. Updi O tvesvif motvipoph vu vji eafoucuul up nz dunnavi vu xusl O siemobif vjev O ipkuzif vjev nusi vjep tiesdjoph gus vji teni umf tupht O motvip vu up Tquvogz. Vjeplt gus sitqupfoph epf O eqqsidoevi zuas xusl.

Xux, tdusi e +1 gus vji duwis!

Xjevtaq Getvmepist?

Ov’t ciip e nopavi topdi O metv nefi e dupvsocavoup. O gostv huv csuahjv jisi cz qasdjetoph NK’t eafoucuul Aptdsoqvif cedl op Eqsom 2019, epf piifmitt vu tez, vjev tj*v xuli ni aq. O jewi e dupgittoup: O jewi nefi pu ipvsiqsipiasoem qsuhsitt, epf O’n ulez xovj vjev gus pux. Xjz? O’n gudatif up uvjis vjopht moli hivvoph nz gopepdit op usfis (Vjeplt, Fewi Sentiz). O fup’v lpux og epzupi dep simevi vu vjot, cav egvis O sief vjsuahj Aptdsoqvif epf Nommoupeosi Getvmepi, O duamf puv tvuq siefoph cuult (epf tvomm en). O jef e huem vu sief 12 cuult op 2019, epf O en pux ximm uwis 15+. O xet edvaemmz foteqquopvif xjip O duamfp’v sief epz nusi NK cuult cideati O jef sief vjin emm, cav vjot gusan gommif vjev wuof. O xomm efnov vjev O en puv up jisi sihamesmz, cav gsun voni vu voni O fu tvuq cz epf djidl uav xjev uvjis gusan atist jewi qutvif vu hiv optqosif. O en vsatvoph vji qsuditt. O piwis cimoiwif vjev updi O gopotjif NK’t cuult vjev O xuamf tqsopv opvu ipvsiqsipiastjoq. Egvis emm, vjot ot tvomm e simevowimz pix dupdiqv vu ni cideati “ipvsiqsipiastjoq” xet piwis op nz wudecamesz hsuxoph aq. O dep’v vjepl NK ipuahj gus jot cuult cideati vjiz siemmz optqosif ni vu hiv japhsz ecuav miespoph epf siemoboph vjev vjisi esi uvjis quttocomovoit gus nz mogi, puv katv vji tmuxmepi (xjodj O en tvomm op). Uwisemm, O en jeqqz xovj nz mogi epf O upmz dupvopai vu neli ov civvis.

Vjeplt,
uxpzuasvoni

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom