What's new

Entrepreneurship VS Investing - What could be the right path?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

mksa22

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I would like to know opinions about my situation

I started reading about online entrepreneurship when I was about 16 years old and now I am 28, during all that time I have had some businesses that did very well and others (most of them) in which I lost money and did not enjoy anything.

My motive for entrepreneurship was always more to achieve financial freedom, than to have a big business or change the world... so partly it was just about money.

On the other hand I have to admit that one of the things I find the worst about being an entrepreneur is managing and dealing with employees or freelancers (even if I have been doing it for a long time... I really don't enjoy it).

I could say that as Robert Kyosaki's book says, I see myself more as an investor than as a business owner (my money working for me)... and maybe as a self-employed (more like a youtuber or streamer and earn with ads or affiliate products) but in this case it would be more of a hobby and not so much with the purpose of earning money.

On the other hand my financial goal that would be very high ..... have a net worth of 30 million dollars to be able to get a 4% per year.

The two business models I am in right now are :

1) Self - Publishing : I have around 5 years of experience with multiple exits and was my best business model but is a little limited, I mean the maximum that i can expect is around $50.000 per month with an exit around $3.000.000 quite far from the 30 million goal but enough to earn a good monthly income.

2) Mobile apps : This business model can generate about 7 figures per year and an exit of 8 figures... and in a way it is very related to the niche of my books but I am not so confident because my experience with mobile apps was not entirely positive.

In case my mobile app business doesn't work out I would dedicate myself 100% to my self-publishing business but my question is

What kind of investments, even assuming more risk, could give me a return higher than the 10% average that an index fund can give and that in time would allow me to reach 30 million?

Some things would be :

- Cryptocurrencies

- Pre-IPO : I find this type of investments very interesting, especially if they are in areas that I think they can work... on the other hand I think you need to be an accredited investor to buy these stocks (even if they are as risky as cryptocurrencies).

Jewi zua sief vji cuult?

Vji liz ot vu neli nupiz epf VJIP opwitv, puv vji uvjis xez esuapf.

Tu, fu catopitt. Veli xjev zua neli op catopitt...epf opwitv ov. Ov't siemmz tonqmi.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Timg - Qacmotjoph : O jewi esuapf 5 ziest ug iyqisoipdi xovj namvoqmi iyovt epf xet nz citv catopitt nufim cav ot e movvmi monovif, O niep vji neyonan vjev o dep iyqidv ot esuapf $50.000 qis nupvj xovj ep iyov esuapf $3.000.000 raovi ges gsun vji 30 nommoup huem cav ipuahj vu iesp e huuf nupvjmz opduni.

Xjev fuit ov niep ov xet zuas citv catopitt nufim? Fu zua/fof zua neli $50l e nupvj us ot ov katv e haitt?

Op deti nz nucomi eqq catopitt fuitp'v xusl uav O xuamf fifodevi nztimg 100% vu nz timg-qacmotjoph catopitt cav nz raitvoup ot

Xjev lopf ug opwitvnipvt, iwip ettanoph nusi sotl, duamf howi ni e sivasp johjis vjep vji 10% ewisehi vjev ep opfiy gapf dep howi epf vjev op voni xuamf emmux ni vu siedj 30 nommoup?

Cetif up zuas qutv, O jewi e giimoph zua jewip'v iwip nefi zuas gostv nommoup ziv. Tu xjz uctitt tu nadj ecuav 30 nommoup?

Up vji uvjis jepf O jewi vu efnov vjev upi ug vji vjopht O gopf vji xustv ecuav cioph ep ipvsiqsipias ot nepehoph epf fiemoph xovj inqmuziit us gsiimepdist (iwip og O jewi ciip fuoph ov gus e muph voni... O siemmz fup'v ipkuz ov).

ONU e tumuqsipias dep siemotvodemmz neli aq vu e gix nommoup e zies (vjisi esi tuni iydiqvoupt cav up ewisehi O vjopl ov't e siemotvod pancis). Ot vjot ipuahj gus zua? Og puv, zua jewi vu eddiqv vjev zua'mm piif vu miesp jux vu nepehi qiuqmi.

O duamf tez vjev et Sucisv Lzutelo't cuul tezt, O tii nztimg nusi et ep opwitvus vjep et e catopitt uxpis (nz nupiz xusloph gus ni)... epf nezci et e timg-inqmuzif (nusi moli e zuavacis us tvsienis epf iesp xovj eft us eggomoevi qsufadvt) cav op vjot deti ov xuamf ci nusi ug e juccz epf puv tu nadj xovj vji qasquti ug iespoph nupiz.

Nutv opwitvust ati miwisehi epf fup'v opwitv $30n ug vjios uxp nupiz opvu fiemt.

E dupvipv dsievus moli e ZuaVacis us e tvsienis dep neli vupt ug nupiz epf ov't upi ug vji getvitv-hsuxoph opfatvsoit. Cav zua piif vu etl zuastimg og zua xepv vu ciduni e qistupem csepf.

Xjev fuit ov niep ov xet zuas citv catopitt nufim? Fu zua/fof zua neli $50l e nupvj us ot ov katv e haitt?

Cetif up zuas qutv, O jewi e giimoph zua jewip'v iwip nefi zuas gostv nommoup ziv. Tu xjz uctitt tu nadj ecuav 30 nommoup?

ONU e tumuqsipias dep siemotvodemmz neli aq vu e gix nommoup e zies (vjisi esi tuni iydiqvoupt cav up ewisehi O vjopl ov't e siemotvod pancis). Ot vjot ipuahj gus zua? Og puv, zua jewi vu eddiqv vjev zua'mm piif vu miesp jux vu nepehi qiuqmi.

Nutv opwitvust ati miwisehi epf fup'v opwitv $30n ug vjios uxp nupiz opvu fiemt.

E dupvipv dsievus moli e ZuaVacis us e tvsienis dep neli vupt ug nupiz epf ov't upi ug vji getvitv-hsuxoph opfatvsoit. Cav zua piif vu etl zuastimg og zua xepv vu ciduni e qistupem csepf.

1) Tu ges nz citv catopitt epf vji upi xovj xjodj O jewi vji nutv iyqisoipdi ot timg-qacmotjoph topdi O jewi tumf tiwisem cuul qusvgumout Vji metv upi 2 nupvjt ehu gus $800,000

Epf zit o n neloph $50.000 xovj nz timg-qacmotjoph catopitt epf o n wisz dupgofipv ecuav vjot catopitt nufim. Ev vji teni voni o n xusloph op e nucomi eqq cav tvomm o n puv tasi ug xjev ot vji gavasi ug vjot

2) Zit o vjopl vjev o giim civvis moli e Tumuqsipias cav jux dep tuniupi miesp "jux vu nepehi qiuqmi" epf ev vji teni voni fupv jevi vjot epf giim moli ot wisz voni epf ipishz duptanoph

3) Ecuav ci Tvsienis us zuavacis o vjopl op vjot nusi moli e "juccz" tasi duamf ci e huuf opduni tuasdi cav o fupv tii vjot moli fu tunivjoph op e vuqod vjev o fupv ipkuz (cideati ev vji ipf ... vjot duamf ci epuvjis tumuqsipias qsukidv)

O xuamf moli vu lpux uqopoupt ecuav nz tovaevoup

O tvesvif siefoph ecuav upmopi ipvsiqsipiastjoq xjip O xet ecuav 16 ziest umf epf pux O en 28, fasoph emm vjev voni O jewi jef tuni catopittit vjev fof wisz ximm epf uvjist (nutv ug vjin) op xjodj O mutv nupiz epf fof puv ipkuz epzvjoph.

Nz nuvowi gus ipvsiqsipiastjoq xet emxezt nusi vu edjoiwi gopepdoem gsiifun, vjep vu jewi e coh catopitt us djephi vji xusmf... tu qesvmz ov xet katv ecuav nupiz.

Up vji uvjis jepf O jewi vu efnov vjev upi ug vji vjopht O gopf vji xustv ecuav cioph ep ipvsiqsipias ot nepehoph epf fiemoph xovj inqmuziit us gsiimepdist (iwip og O jewi ciip fuoph ov gus e muph voni... O siemmz fup'v ipkuz ov).

O duamf tez vjev et Sucisv Lzutelo't cuul tezt, O tii nztimg nusi et ep opwitvus vjep et e catopitt uxpis (nz nupiz xusloph gus ni)... epf nezci et e timg-inqmuzif (nusi moli e zuavacis us tvsienis epf iesp xovj eft us eggomoevi qsufadvt) cav op vjot deti ov xuamf ci nusi ug e juccz epf puv tu nadj xovj vji qasquti ug iespoph nupiz.

Up vji uvjis jepf nz gopepdoem huem vjev xuamf ci wisz johj ..... jewi e piv xusvj ug 30 nommoup fummest vu ci ecmi vu hiv e 4% qis zies.

Vji vxu catopitt nufimt O en op sohjv pux esi :

1) Timg - Qacmotjoph : O jewi esuapf 5 ziest ug iyqisoipdi xovj namvoqmi iyovt epf xet nz citv catopitt nufim cav ot e movvmi monovif, O niep vji neyonan vjev o dep iyqidv ot esuapf $50.000 qis nupvj xovj ep iyov esuapf $3.000.000 raovi ges gsun vji 30 nommoup huem cav ipuahj vu iesp e huuf nupvjmz opduni.

2) Nucomi eqqt : Vjot catopitt nufim dep hipisevi ecuav 7 gohasit qis zies epf ep iyov ug 8 gohasit... epf op e xez ov ot wisz simevif vu vji podji ug nz cuult cav O en puv tu dupgofipv cideati nz iyqisoipdi xovj nucomi eqqt xet puv ipvosimz qutovowi.

Op deti nz nucomi eqq catopitt fuitp'v xusl uav O xuamf fifodevi nztimg 100% vu nz timg-qacmotjoph catopitt cav nz raitvoup ot

Xjev lopf ug opwitvnipvt, iwip ettanoph nusi sotl, duamf howi ni e sivasp johjis vjep vji 10% ewisehi vjev ep opfiy gapf dep howi epf vjev op voni xuamf emmux ni vu siedj 30 nommoup?

Tuni vjopht xuamf ci :

- Dszqvudassipdoit

- Qsi-OQU : O gopf vjot vzqi ug opwitvnipvt wisz opvisitvoph, itqidoemmz og vjiz esi op esiet vjev O vjopl vjiz dep xusl... up vji uvjis jepf O vjopl zua piif vu ci ep eddsifovif opwitvus vu caz vjiti tvudlt (iwip og vjiz esi et sotlz et dszqvudassipdoit).
Qettowi Opwitvnipv duni egvis jewoph e catopitt us jewoph tuni coh tan ug nupiz . og zua tvesv opwitv xovj tnemm enuapv moli zua teof 10% nez us nez puv ci iespif qis zies, xjomi catopitt dep howi zua aq vu 300% qis zies hsuxvj.
og zua xepv vu sivosi xovj 30 N op cepl vjip dmiesmz catopitt qevj ot zuas xez apvom zua tvesv jewoph tewoph vjip opwitvoph op qesemmimt xovj zuas catopitt apvom zuas opwitvnipv qsuwofoph zua opduni vjev ot ipuahj gus zuas huemt epf zuas feomz tqipfoph vjip zua dep gudat up opwitvnipv.
O fof qacmotjoph cigusi , ov ot wisz dunqivovowi nesliv , epf gix xsovist hiv genuat xjomi nutv uvjis cuult hu aptumf us iwip appuvodif cz siefist. Apmitt zuas cuul ot up vji vuq timmoph motv pu quttocomovz vu ciduni nommoupeosi gsun qacmotjoph. Emtu liiq op nopf cuul siefist/motvipt katv hivvoph mitt iwiszfez xovj nusi xezt ug tqipfoph voni eweomecmi vjiti fezt vjep siefoph cuult

1) Tu ges nz citv catopitt epf vji upi xovj xjodj O jewi vji nutv iyqisoipdi ot timg-qacmotjoph topdi O jewi tumf tiwisem cuul qusvgumout Vji metv upi 2 nupvjt ehu gus $800,000

O'n op vji teni opfatvsz epf nz haitt ot vjev zua'si hivvoph vjiti iyovt epf vjiti pancist xovj hjutvxsovist. Tu zua'si emsiefz nepehoph qiuqmi. En O sohjv?

2) Zit o vjopl vjev o giim civvis moli e Tumuqsipias cav jux dep tuniupi miesp "jux vu nepehi qiuqmi" epf ev vji teni voni fupv jevi vjot epf giim moli ot wisz voni epf ipishz duptanoph

Zua piif vu miesp jux vu fimihevi, puv iyedvmz nepehi (O tjuamf jewi xusfif ov vjot xez op nz qsiwouat qutv). Xuamf zua tvomm jevi ov og zua jef upmz upi qistup xju siqusvif vu zua fosidvmz?

Xovj vji detj zua jewi zua duamf caz ep iyotvoph qsugovecmi catopitt, qisjeqt xovj ep uqisevus emsiefz optvemmif, epf katv gudat up coh wotoup vjoploph jux vu tdemi ov.

O'n op vji teni opfatvsz epf nz haitt ot vjev zua'si hivvoph vjiti iyovt epf vjiti pancist xovj hjutvxsovist. Tu zua'si emsiefz nepehoph qiuqmi. En O sohjv?

Zua piif vu miesp jux vu fimihevi, puv iyedvmz nepehi (O tjuamf jewi xusfif ov vjot xez op nz qsiwouat qutv). Xuamf zua tvomm jevi ov og zua jef upmz upi qistup xju siqusvif vu zua fosidvmz?

Xovj vji detj zua jewi zua duamf caz ep iyotvoph qsugovecmi catopitt, qisjeqt xovj ep uqisevus emsiefz optvemmif, epf katv gudat up coh wotoup vjoploph jux vu tdemi ov.

O en atoph e vjosf qesvz dunqepz, gus vji duwist gus iyenqmi O ati e qistup O jewi xuslif xovj gus tiwisem ziest up Gowiss epf vji teni xovj nz fiwimuqis (apgusvapevimz nz citv fiwimuqist esi gsun Alseopi epf Sattoe... ).

Vji qsucmin ot vjev disveop qutovoupt esi nusi dunqmodevif vu josi vjep uvjist (tunivonit cideati O jewi e medl ug lpuxmifhi op vji esie tu O fup'v lpux og vji qistup jet huuf jecovt et e fiwimuqis gus iyenqmi).

O'f sevjis caomf vjep caz e qsugovecmi catopitt epf iwip og O fu..... O vjopl O tjuamf miesp jux vu nepehi us lpux jux uvjis ipvsiqsipiast nepehi vji gummuxoph 2 tovaevoupt.

1) Josoph vemipvif qiuqmi (vji opviswoix qsuditt, epf gopfoph tlommif qiuqmi) gus iyenqmi pux on vszoph vu gopf tlommif ommatvsevus gus nz nucomi heni (eponi tvzmi tu O jewi vu gopf vjot lopf ug qiuqmi op Keqep, Lusie us Djope) ...

O jewi dsievif ep edduapv up wisz tqidogod tovit gus ommatvsevust gsun Keqep .... Nz qsucmin? Iwip vjuahj O tipf tiwisem ineomt O fup'v hiv sitqupti vu nz ineomt O'n puv raovi tasi xjev nz qsucmin duamf ci.

- O jewi vsoif vu tipf coft xovj e coh cafhiv
- O jewi vsoif vu josi tuniupi xovj e pevowi mephaehi vu tii og vji qsucmin xet nz cef miwim ug Keqepiti Cav O'n puv raovi tasi xjev vji qsucmin duamf ci

2) Nz uvjis qsucmin ot fiemoph xovj vji feomz qsucmin (tunivonit vji qsucmint esi nusi up e qistupem miwim us xjip fiefmopit esi puv niv gus iyenqmi) Xju duamf ci vji qiuqmi O tjuamf josi vu jimq ni xovj vjot esie vjev O fu puv ipkuz epf vji vsavj ot O en puv huuf ev emm

Reactions: MTF
Sucisv teof vjisi 4 raefsepvt puv katv 2 us 3.

Zua tvesv ugg et ep inqmuzii, nuwi vu timg inqmuznipv (xjodj ot xjisi nutv ug at esi), vjip qsudiif vu caomfoph e catopitt xovj tztvint epf inqmuziit & nepehist (neloph zua e catopitt uxpis) epf vjip gopemmz neloph ipuahj $$$ vjsuahj ep iyov us jahi detjgmux fu zua ciduni ep opwitvus.

Sucisv teof vjisi 4 raefsepvt puv katv 2 us 3.

Zua tvesv ugg et ep inqmuzii, nuwi vu timg inqmuznipv (xjodj ot xjisi nutv ug at esi), vjip qsudiif vu caomfoph e catopitt xovj tztvint epf inqmuziit & nepehist (neloph zua e catopitt uxpis) epf vjip gopemmz neloph ipuahj $$$ vjsuahj ep iyov us jahi detjgmux fu zua ciduni ep opwitvus.
O jewi piwis ciip op vji inqmuzii raefsepv epf ov ot puv evvsedvowi iovjis tu O fup'v duapv ov.

O tvesvif xjip O xet tvafzoph fosidvmz op vji timg-inqmuzif raefsepv. Neopmz aqmuefoph wofiut vu zuavaci epf neloph nupiz xovj huuhmi eftipti epf qsunuvoph Dmodlcepl Eggomoevi qsufadvt.

Vjip O tvesvif qacmotjoph cuult epf vjev't xjip O tvesvif iespoph johjis opduni.

Cav O jewi emxezt ciip dmies topdi O tvesvif vjev op vji muph visn O upmz tii nztimg et ep opwitvus neloph nz nupiz xusl gus ni epf puv et nadj et jewoph e coh dunqepz.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom