A little intro:
I am working on creating a product. I took an existing product and applied a new twist that is used in another industry. I can give more details if needed. I have done market research and asked people who use the current product what imporvements or what annoyances they have. Based on that, I make a mockup of the elements that needed innovating. I am working on the prototype at the moment.
While waiting on parts to come in, I get kind of frustrated that I cant move the project along faster. I do all the research I can regarding various things while I wait:
1. Importing/exporting my product
2. How to file patents and patent research etc.
3. E-commerce platforms
4. How and if I should introduce product variation
5. What spare parts to offer customers
But all this is fine and dandy, but I cant move forward until I prove my prototype works. Its currently at the stage where I am waiting on a component to arrive. Testing this component is cruicial, cause it either make or break my idea.
There is high level of entry for this as it requires some engineering of various components. Will say what the idea is once I know it can be done.
Any suggestions on what to do in the mean time? I get anxious waiting for parts...:smxD:
I am working on creating a product. I took an existing product and applied a new twist that is used in another industry. I can give more details if needed. I have done market research and asked people who use the current product what imporvements or what annoyances they have. Based on that, I make a mockup of the elements that needed innovating. I am working on the prototype at the moment.
While waiting on parts to come in, I get kind of frustrated that I cant move the project along faster. I do all the research I can regarding various things while I wait:
1. Importing/exporting my product
2. How to file patents and patent research etc.
3. E-commerce platforms
4. How and if I should introduce product variation
5. What spare parts to offer customers
But all this is fine and dandy, but I cant move forward until I prove my prototype works. Its currently at the stage where I am waiting on a component to arrive. Testing this component is cruicial, cause it either make or break my idea.
There is high level of entry for this as it requires some engineering of various components. Will say what the idea is once I know it can be done.
Any suggestions on what to do in the mean time? I get anxious waiting for parts...:smxD:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?




