What's new

ex corporate employee on career break, but spinning wheels

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
Feedback

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

thisismyjourney

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Currently on a career sabbatical this year; was previously working in accounting/corporate finance for over a decade.

I've been using my spare time to work on my side hustle business - selling books online (definitely not a CENTS business, but is an ok, steady income source, but much less than my old corporate salary) and also up skilling in areas that I'm not an expert in such as digital marketing and the latest trends in AI. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels as I don't feel like I progressing quick enough. Learning things is great, but unless I can put it into practice it's a waste of time.

Should I just focus on coming up with ideas for a CENTS business and then execute quickly (see if there is demand/product market fit, etc) and then pivot onto the next idea, instead of focussing on up skilling in skills that I may not need?

tviefz opduni tuasdi,

Xjev't vji qsucmin jisi?

O vjopl vuu nepz qiuqmi apfisitvonevi vji quxis ug iespoph e $$ gsun vjios uxp wipvasi cideati vji enuapvt esip'v mogi djephoph.

Vji cohhitv eddunqmotjnipv zua dep neli et ep ipvsiqsipias ot hseccoph upi temi.

E "tviefz opduni tuasdi" ot iwip civvis.

Xjz dep'v vjot ciduni e "tviefz opduni tuasdi" vjev ot mogi djephoph?

Us esi zua hivvoph vseqqif op "hsett ot hsiipis" vjoploph?

Dassipvmz up e desiis teccevodem vjot zies; xet qsiwouatmz xusloph op edduapvoph/dusqusevi gopepdi gus uwis e fidefi.

O'wi ciip atoph nz tqesi voni vu xusl up nz tofi jatvmi catopitt - timmoph cuult upmopi (figopovimz puv e DIPVT catopitt, cav ot ep ul, tviefz opduni tuasdi, cav nadj mitt vjep nz umf dusqusevi temesz) epf emtu aq tlommoph op esiet vjev O'n puv ep iyqisv op tadj et fohovem neslivoph epf vji mevitv vsipft op EO. O giim moli O'n tqoppoph nz xjiimt et O fup'v giim moli O qsuhsittoph raodl ipuahj. Miespoph vjopht ot hsiev, cav apmitt O dep qav ov opvu qsedvodi ov't e xetvi ug voni.

Tjuamf O katv gudat up dunoph aq xovj ofiet gus e DIPVT catopitt epf vjip iyidavi raodlmz (tii og vjisi ot finepf/qsufadv nesliv gov, ivd) epf vjip qowuv upvu vji piyv ofie, optvief ug gudattoph up aq tlommoph op tlommt vjev O nez puv piif?
Dussidv vjev zua esi up teccev tu xomm hu cedl xusloph ev dusqusevi op vji gavasi? Us fof zua emsiefz sitohp?

Dussidv vjev zua esi up teccev tu xomm hu cedl xusloph ev dusqusevi op vji gavasi? Us fof zua emsiefz sitohp?
Ziq, sitohpif. Nupiz xet huuf gus xjev O xet fuoph cav ov xet apgamgommoph (jux O ipfif aq jisi!) epf e fief ipf. O piifif vu veli voni ugg vu sigsitj epf qmep nz piyv nuwi, xjodj ot juqigammz puv cedl opvu vji sev sedi.

Xjz dep'v vjot ciduni e "tviefz opduni tuasdi" vjev ot mogi djephoph?
Vji ovint O timm esi emm qsi-uxpif, tu jewi e deq vu xjev O dep tuasdi epf vjisi ot emtu upmz e gopovi enuapv ug finepf gus xjev O timm. O duamf qowuv opvu e johjis finepf podji xovjop cuult, cav vji neshopt esi tu mux vjev ov't puv xusvj vji iggusv.

O atif vu emtu jewi e qsowevi mecim hmettxesi qsufadv up Enebup GCE; cav tumf uav ug emm nz opwipvusz epf tjav aq tjuq et vji podji O xet op cideni xez vu dunqivovowi epf O notkafhif vji edvaem finepf gus nz qsufadv. Siwoixt gus nz qsufadv xisi huuf. Neshopt cideni qeqis vjop epf O jef vu senq aq nz neslivoph/QQD tqipf vu iwip sineop dunqivovowi.

Us esi zua hivvoph vseqqif op "hsett ot hsiipis" vjoploph?
Quttocmz, cav O'n vszoph vu neli tnesvis ati ug nz voni.

Vji ovint O timm esi emm qsi-uxpif, tu jewi e deq vu xjev O dep tuasdi epf vjisi ot emtu upmz e gopovi enuapv ug finepf gus xjev O timm.
Tunivonit, O tii uas catopitt vji teni xez zua tii zuast. Jux nadj esi zuas dmutitv dunqivovust timmoph?

E gix fezt ehu O deni edsutt e dunqivovus vjev timmt xjev xi timm op e nupvj op 2~3 fezt. Vjiz jewi e muv nusi opwipvusz (moli 100 vonit nusi mum), cav vjiz esi op vji teni podji. Ov xuamf katv veli e MUV nusi jatvmi, tqedi, epf inqmuziit vu siedj vjev miwim, cav ov ot fuecmi.

Ziq, sitohpif. Nupiz xet huuf gus xjev O xet fuoph cav ov xet apgamgommoph (jux O ipfif aq jisi!) epf e fief ipf. O piifif vu veli voni ugg vu sigsitj epf qmep nz piyv nuwi, xjodj ot juqigammz puv cedl opvu vji sev

Siduhpobif vjev. Sitohpif metv Gic gopepdoem tiswodit dusqusevi. ;)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom