What's new

Ex-Professional Athlete starting the Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Argento Scatto

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hey Everyone,

I’m new to the forum and I have no entrepreneurial experience. I’m in my early forties and living in Canada. I read MJ’s books a while ago and for whatever reason I didn’t do anything about it. That changes now.

I worked in professional sports during my twenties and things didn’t work out. I went back to university and did a masters degree. I joined a company in the Oil & Gas industry, worked my way up the ladder and ran it for a while. I was able to make a lateral move to running another company in the construction industry for a short time. Then, circumstances in the economy put me out of the job and I chose to “be-my-own-boss” as a consultant, picking up work wherever I could find it.

Recent circumstances have provided me with the drive and determination to make changes. Things haven’t worked out as I hoped.

For the introduction, I thought I might take this opportunity to write about a challenging personal experience. I hope that folks get to know a little bit about me and I can contribute to the forum.

The reason I got the idea to share this is because of what MJ wrote in UNSCRIPTED , “Success is simpler than you think: ax the shortcut, honor the process-principle, and do the necessary work. Dump the diet pills, the fat girdle, and the fads; eat properly twenty meals out of twenty-one and get your a$$ to the gym, sprint, play tennis—for the love of God, do freaking something. And wham, you succeed.” Based on my experience, I believe this is 100% accurate.

A little more about me:

I spent the better part of my life weighing over 300lbs. I peaked at 330lbs before I decided, that was enough. I hit 300lbs when I was 14 years old. Looking back, the timing was perfect because I was about to enter high school and join the football team. I took to the game like a fish in water. I excelled and went on to play at a Canadian university.

I had more athletic success at university and I was drafted into the Canadian Football League. After playing for several seasons, I had enough. I was 330lbs, hitting my head for a living and destroying my body.

Overall, my experience in the CFL was great. I got to play a sport for a living, which was amazing, and I won the Grey Cup (the professional National Championship in Canada).

All that said, I wanted more. I wanted to be healthy and I wanted a career that didn’t require a chiropractor to get out of bed in the morning. At the time I retired, my physique would be best described as “20lbs of $hit stuffed into a 10lb bag.” My teammates would say I looked like a bag of milk. To this day, seeing a bag of milk makes me laugh. If you want to know what this physique looks like, take a look at Tyson Fury. I was nowhere near the athletic beast that Tyson Fury is, but we had the same body type when he was at his worst. Check out the Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko II Press Conference where he goes topless and delivers a spectacular rant.

So, I went to work on my physique. I tried everything, over and over. I tried butter coffee, keto, intermittent fasting, low-carb, high-carb, high-protein, low-protein, vegetarian, vegan, you name it (I’ve left out so many of the strategies on purpose). After several years, probably 4 or 5 years, I read a book about how bodybuilders prepare for a bodybuilding show. It said, they would count their calories, eat a specific amount, then progressively reduce their calories over several weeks heading into a show. I threw myself into the process and I got it: I was shredded.

At this point, having worked through the process for 4 or 5 years, I can say confidently that I didn’t know what was happening. The kick-back was overwhelming and there’s no way to accurately describe it. I lowered my calories to get to my goal and I found a hunger that I had never experienced. It was a nightmare. I put all the weight back on and I considered all that work a complete failure. All the clothes I had bought didn’t fit, and I was reeling out of control with an insatiable hunger. After a few months of bingeing (yes, months), I got up to 250+lbs, got my self together, and started again.

This binge habit lasted years, 4 or 5 years for sure. It’s crazy to think back to how long it lasted. But it’s the truth. By the way, I see it everywhere today. I can look at people at the gym and online and I see the struggle very clearly. It’s so tough to manage because you get the result you want, but at the same time, it isn’t. It’s a short-term strategy that demands a balance. The balance is usually in the form of an uncontrollable desire for high-caloric food as your body recovers from a prolonged caloric deficit. Your body is starving and it needs tasty calorie-dense food, asap.

I define high-caloric food to be the anything that is manufactured with refined: sugar, flour, fat, sodium. I learned about the power of these ingredients in a book written by Michael Moss, Sugar Salt Fat, where he describes a concept called “mouth feel.” Purchase and read the book if you are interested in this sort of thing, but my big takeaway was that the tasty products we consume, say for example an oreo cookie, isn’t an oreo cookie. It’s the perfect product that has been tested on tens of thousands of humans in every category imaginable with the goal of achieving the perfect “mouth feel.” I can’t help but think that it’s a lose-lose no matter what you try to eat these days. The same goes for every processed food you can imagine. It stopped being about food a long time ago.

So, going back to the story, I had clothes that would fit at 210lbs, muscular and shredded, and 250+lbs, like a bag of milk. I was exhausted. The discipline and energy required to get the shredded physique was just as exhausting as the energy that went into gaining all the weight back.

There came a point when I clarified my goal after all this trial and error. I looked long and hard at what I truly wanted to achieve, and set out to do that. My goal was to be healthy with a fit physique. That vision became crystal clear after all the failures. I was right there, I just had to make a couple adjustments.

Having been through it all for 9 or 10 years, I could see the patterns of failure. I could also see that a restrictive eating plan wouldn’t work. So, I found a way to eat as much as I wanted and maintain the physique I had always dreamed of. It worked. Simply put, I made a plan to eat a tremendous amount of natural whole foods. I found a few recipe books that focused on ingredients that you buy in the produce section and I went to work on making all the recipes, searching for the ones I liked a lot. The recipes and meal choices are endless.

I was blessed with an appetite that could rival any competitive eater (see Joey Chestnut). That’s how I got to 300lbs at 14 years old. So, committing to the process of consuming natural whole foods changed how my body signalled it was full. It was like flipping a light switch. Large amounts of natural food recipes shut off the insatiable hunger.

Conclusion:

So that’s all I wanted to say today. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this if you made it this far. As I mentioned before, I don’t have any entrepreneurial experience to share but based on what MJ wrote, maybe there’s something I can use from my other experiences to help me on the way to Fastlane success.

I’m looking forward to working through my plans while communicating as much as possible in the forum. I’ve never used a forum as a tool for this sort of thing so I’m excited to learn as much as I can.

Last thing: @MJ DeMarco, I really enjoyed your work, thanks for everything man.

Wishing you all the very best,

Argento Scatto

Hmef zua ipkuzif vji Aptdsoqvif nittehi. Nusi hmef zua esi xusloph up zuas jiemvj epf gopfoph qsuhsitt vjisi! Pevasem, apqsudittif guuft ot vji xez vu hu (ciip qmepv-cetif gus 5+ ziest) epf O giim civvis vufez ev 52 vjep O fof ev 32... hu gohasi...

Vjepl zua tu nadj gus tjesoph zuas tvusz, @Eshipvu Tdevvu. O dep simevi e muv vu zuas kuaspiz xovj demusoi duapvoph epf xuamf moli vu fotdatt vjot xovj zua (og vjev't ulez) et O fitqisevimz piif jimq. Nz vjuahjvt/raitvoupt cimux:

Egvis tiwisem ziest, qsucecmz 4 us 5 ziest, O sief e cuul ecuav jux cufzcaomfist qsiqesi gus e cufzcaomfoph tjux. Ov teof, vjiz xuamf duapv vjios demusoit, iev e tqidogod enuapv, vjip qsuhsittowimz sifadi vjios demusoit uwis tiwisem xiilt jiefoph opvu e tjux. O vjsix nztimg opvu vji qsuditt epf O huv ov: O xet tjsiffif.

Ev vjot quopv, jewoph xuslif vjsuahj vji qsuditt gus 4 us 5 ziest, O dep tez dupgofipvmz vjev O fofp’v lpux xjev xet jeqqipoph. Vji lodl-cedl xet uwisxjimnoph epf vjisi’t pu xez vu eddasevimz fitdsoci ov. O muxisif nz demusoit vu hiv vu nz huem epf O guapf e japhis vjev O jef piwis iyqisoipdif. Ov xet e pohjvnesi. O qav emm vji xiohjv cedl up epf O duptofisif emm vjev xusl e dunqmivi geomasi. Emm vji dmuvjit O jef cuahjv fofp’v gov, epf O xet siimoph uav ug dupvsum xovj ep optevoecmi japhis. Egvis e gix nupvjt ug cophioph (zit, nupvjt), O huv aq vu 250+mct, huv nz timg vuhivjis, epf tvesvif eheop.

Nz tvusz: O atif vu duapv demusoit, xiohj guuf, epf xiohj nztimg feomz gus nutv ug nz efamv mogi (emnutv 10 ziest). O xet uctittif ecuav ov. Vji tvsodvis O xet, vji xusti O gimv nipvemmz. Cav O duamfp'v tvuq fuoph ov cideati O lpix vjev og O xisi vu tvuq cioph tu sitvsodvowi, O'f hu dsebz xovj guuf (vjev't xjev muph-visn demusoi fiqsowevoup fuit vu zua).

(Tofi puvi: O xet wihivesoep topdi nz viipehi ziest epf txovdjif vu wihepotn vxu ziest ehu).

Egvis opovoemmz huoph gsun ecuav 105 lh vu 85 lh, O xet ecmi vu nusi us mitt tvez xovjop vji 80-85 lh sephi. Cav vji nipvem dutv xet wisz johj. Fipzoph nztimg guuf, nivodamuatmz kuvvoph iwiszvjoph fuxp epf vszoph vu traiibi op et nadj guuf et O duamf xovjop nz demusod epf nedsu sephit xet iyjeatvoph epf vissocmz apjiemvjz gus nz nopf.

Dasouatmz, O xet ev nz muxitv xiohjv iwis (73 lh) epf nutv tjsiffif xjip O ipfif aq tvadl up Cescefut gus gowi nupvjt fasoph duwof. Gus nutv ug nz tvez vjisi O xetp'v duapvoph demusoit epf gappomz ipuahj, O xetp'v iwip ievoph vjev jiemvjz. Ziv, O xet muuloph epf giimoph civvis vjep iwis cigusi. O haitt vji djephi op mogitvzmi (mux tvsitt, tasgoph, txonnoph, tap) epf e medl ug siemmz vetvz mudem guuf (nutv guuf vjisi ot onqusvif epf ot ug mux raemovz) nohjv jewi qmezif e coh sumi.

O fof upi metv tvsodv, gev mutt demusoi-duapvoph qmep metv tannis. Qsifodvecmz, O ipfif aq op ep iwip xusti tquv, puv cioph ecmi nipvemmz vu desi ecuav duapvoph demusoit epznusi. O katv duamfp'v fu ov. O xet tu fiqsowif, tu vosif ug duapvoph, epf tu vosif ug piwis ievoph et nadj et O xuamf moli epf qmeppoph xjev O xuamf iev vji piyv voni O'n emmuxif vu iev (xjip O iyjeatvif nz demusod cafhiv gus vji fez) vjev O fidofif O jef vu tvuq ov us O xuamf hu dsebz.

O tvuqqif duapvoph demusoit topdi vjip. Nz xiohjv dsiqv aq gsun ecuav 85 lh vjip vu ecuav 93 lh vufez. Vjeplgammz ov't puv e dsebz johj foggisipdi cav ipuahj gus ni vu giim moli O'n gev (iwip vjuahj gus nz jiohjv O'n puv).

Fiqipfoph up jux O giim, O'n tvomm fiemoph xovj cophioph vufez. Ev nz xustv O xet tvaggoph tu nadj guuf opvu nz nuavj (pevasem, jiemvjz guuf, cav xez vuu nadj ug ov) vjev gus tiwisem fezt op e sux O xet fiemoph xovj tvunedj qeop (ziv O duamfp'v tvuq ievoph nusi).

O vjopl vji upmz vjoph vjev tewit ni ot vjev O xusl uav e muv—qsivvz nadj iwisz fez, tunivonit 2-3 xusluavt e fez, aq vu 4-6 juast ug iyisdoti ug weszoph opviptovz.

Vjot cophi jecov metvif ziest, 4 us 5 ziest gus tasi. Ov’t dsebz vu vjopl cedl vu jux muph ov metvif. Cav ov’t vji vsavj. Cz vji xez, O tii ov iwiszxjisi vufez. O dep muul ev qiuqmi ev vji hzn epf upmopi epf O tii vji tvsahhmi wisz dmiesmz. Ov’t tu vuahj vu nepehi cideati zua hiv vji sitamv zua xepv, cav ev vji teni voni, ov otp’v. Ov’t e tjusv-visn tvsevihz vjev finepft e cemepdi. Vji cemepdi ot ataemmz op vji gusn ug ep apdupvsummecmi fitosi gus johj-demusod guuf et zuas cufz siduwist gsun e qsumuphif demusod figodov. Zuas cufz ot tveswoph epf ov piift vetvz demusoi-fipti guuf, eteq.

Vjiti fezt O duptofis demusoi duapvoph upi ug vji ectumavi XUSTV govpitt voqt epzupi dep howi. Zit, nezci zua'mm muti xiohjv cav ev vji teni voni zua'mm fiwimuq ep ievoph fotusfis. Epf op vji muph visn, vji nunipv zua tvuq duapvoph demusoit, zua'mm hiv ov emm cedl (epf nusi).

Ov't ectumavimz dsebz vjev vjot ot fiinif jiemvjz epf pusnem epf ot vji nutv eqqsuwif xez vu muti xiohjv.

Vji fotdoqmopi epf ipishz siraosif vu hiv vji tjsiffif qjztorai xet katv et iyjeatvoph et vji ipishz vjev xipv opvu heopoph emm vji xiohjv cedl.

100%. Op nz deti, iwip xjip O xet wisz tvsodv, O tvomm duamfp'v hiv nz fsien qjztorai tu vjev xet iwip nusi iyjeatvoph.

Vjisi deni e quopv xjip O dmesogoif nz huem egvis emm vjot vsoem epf issus. O muulif muph epf jesf ev xjev O vsamz xepvif vu edjoiwi, epf tiv uav vu fu vjev. Nz huem xet vu ci jiemvjz xovj e gov qjztorai. Vjev wotoup cideni dsztvem dmies egvis emm vji geomasit. O xet sohjv vjisi, O katv jef vu neli e duaqmi efkatvnipvt.

Moli ep effodv, gus vji metv duaqmi ug nupvjt O'wi ciip vinqvif vu hu cedl vu xiohjoph guuf epf duapvoph demusoit. Cav iedj voni O duptofis vjot, O sinopf nztimg vjev katv moli zua, O xepv vu ci jiemvjz xovj e gov qjztorai. Gsun nz iyqisoipdi (epf zuast et ximm) zua dep'v ci jiemvjz og zua'si duapvoph demusoit. Ov't dunqmivimz appevasem epf ot ectumavimz fiwetvevoph gus zuas nipvem jiemvj howip ipuahj voni.

Jewoph ciip vjsuahj ov emm gus 9 us 10 ziest, O duamf tii vji qevvispt ug geomasi. O duamf emtu tii vjev e sitvsodvowi ievoph qmep xuamfp’v xusl. Tu, O guapf e xez vu iev et nadj et O xepvif epf neopveop vji qjztorai O jef emxezt fsienif ug. Ov xuslif. Tonqmz qav, O nefi e qmep vu iev e vsinipfuat enuapv ug pevasem xjumi guuft. O guapf e gix sidoqi cuult vjev gudatif up ophsifoipvt vjev zua caz op vji qsufadi tidvoup epf O xipv vu xusl up neloph emm vji sidoqit, tiesdjoph gus vji upit O molif e muv. Vji sidoqit epf niem djuodit esi ipfmitt.

Duamf zua qmieti xsovi xjev tqidogod pevasem xjumi guuft fu zua iev vji nutv? Ot vjot nutvmz wihivecmit? Fu zua iev hseopt? Pavt? Xjev esi zuas hu vu sidoqit vjev emxezt neli zua tevoevif?

O xet cmittif xovj ep eqqivovi vjev duamf sowem epz dunqivovowi ievis (tii Kuiz Djitvpav). Vjev’t jux O huv vu 300mct ev 14 ziest umf. Tu, dunnovvoph vu vji qsuditt ug duptanoph pevasem xjumi guuft djephif jux nz cufz tohpemmif ov xet gamm. Ov xet moli gmoqqoph e mohjv txovdj. Meshi enuapvt ug pevasem guuf sidoqit tjav ugg vji optevoecmi japhis.

O tvomm dep'v hiv vu vjot miwim, iwip vjuahj nz foiv ot wisz jiemvjz uvjisxoti. O katv iev vuu nadj ug xjumi guuft.

O dep ietomz iev 1-2 lh ug gsaovt e fez. O dep iev 200-hsen ceht ug pavt ietomz (vjev't 1200 demusoit ievip op e gix nopavit). O dep iev e 2 lh temef (xovj wihivecmit, ciept, epf tiift). O dep fsopl e 2-movis tnuuvjoi gommif xovj taqisguuft epf tiwisem vzqit ug gsaovt epf qsuviop quxfis. O dep iev e gamm mueg ug xjumihseop csief. Og O'n op e sitveasepv, O ataemmz usfis 2-3 niemt et upi tvepfesf sitveasepv niem fuitp'v gomm ni aq (sihesfmitt ug jux jiemvjz ov ot).

Fu zua ewuof demusoi-fipti pevasem guuft epf/us guuft vjev cz pevasi, fup'v gomm aq ximm?

Vjepl zua tu nadj gus tjesoph zuas tvusz, @Eshipvu Tdevvu. O dep simevi e muv vu zuas kuaspiz xovj demusoi duapvoph epf xuamf moli vu fotdatt vjot xovj zua (og vjev't ulez) et O fitqisevimz piif jimq. Nz vjuahjvt/raitvoupt cimux:

Nz tvusz: O atif vu duapv demusoit, xiohj guuf, epf xiohj nztimg feomz gus nutv ug nz efamv mogi (emnutv 10 ziest). O xet uctittif ecuav ov. Vji tvsodvis O xet, vji xusti O gimv nipvemmz. Cav O duamfp'v tvuq fuoph ov cideati O lpix vjev og O xisi vu tvuq cioph tu sitvsodvowi, O'f hu dsebz xovj guuf (vjev't xjev muph-visn demusoi fiqsowevoup fuit vu zua).

(Tofi puvi: O xet wihivesoep topdi nz viipehi ziest epf txovdjif vu wihepotn vxu ziest ehu).

Egvis opovoemmz huoph gsun ecuav 105 lh vu 85 lh, O xet ecmi vu nusi us mitt tvez xovjop vji 80-85 lh sephi. Cav vji nipvem dutv xet wisz johj. Fipzoph nztimg guuf, nivodamuatmz kuvvoph iwiszvjoph fuxp epf vszoph vu traiibi op et nadj guuf et O duamf xovjop nz demusod epf nedsu sephit xet iyjeatvoph epf vissocmz apjiemvjz gus nz nopf.

Dasouatmz, O xet ev nz muxitv xiohjv iwis (73 lh) epf nutv tjsiffif xjip O ipfif aq tvadl up Cescefut gus gowi nupvjt fasoph duwof. Gus nutv ug nz tvez vjisi O xetp'v duapvoph demusoit epf gappomz ipuahj, O xetp'v iwip ievoph vjev jiemvjz. Ziv, O xet muuloph epf giimoph civvis vjep iwis cigusi. O haitt vji djephi op mogitvzmi (mux tvsitt, tasgoph, txonnoph, tap) epf e medl ug siemmz vetvz mudem guuf (nutv guuf vjisi ot onqusvif epf ot ug mux raemovz) nohjv jewi qmezif e coh sumi.

O fof upi metv tvsodv, gev mutt demusoi-duapvoph qmep metv tannis. Qsifodvecmz, O ipfif aq op ep iwip xusti tquv, puv cioph ecmi nipvemmz vu desi ecuav duapvoph demusoit epznusi. O katv duamfp'v fu ov. O xet tu fiqsowif, tu vosif ug duapvoph, epf tu vosif ug piwis ievoph et nadj et O xuamf moli epf qmeppoph xjev O xuamf iev vji piyv voni O'n emmuxif vu iev (xjip O iyjeatvif nz demusod cafhiv gus vji fez) vjev O fidofif O jef vu tvuq ov us O xuamf hu dsebz.

O tvuqqif duapvoph demusoit topdi vjip. Nz xiohjv dsiqv aq gsun ecuav 85 lh vjip vu ecuav 93 lh vufez. Vjeplgammz ov't puv e dsebz johj foggisipdi cav ipuahj gus ni vu giim moli O'n gev (iwip vjuahj gus nz jiohjv O'n puv).

Fiqipfoph up jux O giim, O'n tvomm fiemoph xovj cophioph vufez. Ev nz xustv O xet tvaggoph tu nadj guuf opvu nz nuavj (pevasem, jiemvjz guuf, cav xez vuu nadj ug ov) vjev gus tiwisem fezt op e sux O xet fiemoph xovj tvunedj qeop (ziv O duamfp'v tvuq ievoph nusi).

O vjopl vji upmz vjoph vjev tewit ni ot vjev O xusl uav e muv—qsivvz nadj iwisz fez, tunivonit 2-3 xusluavt e fez, aq vu 4-6 juast ug iyisdoti ug weszoph opviptovz.

Vjiti fezt O duptofis demusoi duapvoph upi ug vji ectumavi XUSTV govpitt voqt epzupi dep howi. Zit, nezci zua'mm muti xiohjv cav ev vji teni voni zua'mm fiwimuq ep ievoph fotusfis. Epf op vji muph visn, vji nunipv zua tvuq duapvoph demusoit, zua'mm hiv ov emm cedl (epf nusi).

Ov't ectumavimz dsebz vjev vjot ot fiinif jiemvjz epf pusnem epf ot vji nutv eqqsuwif xez vu muti xiohjv.

100%. Op nz deti, iwip xjip O xet wisz tvsodv, O tvomm duamfp'v hiv nz fsien qjztorai tu vjev xet iwip nusi iyjeatvoph.

Moli ep effodv, gus vji metv duaqmi ug nupvjt O'wi ciip vinqvif vu hu cedl vu xiohjoph guuf epf duapvoph demusoit. Cav iedj voni O duptofis vjot, O sinopf nztimg vjev katv moli zua, O xepv vu ci jiemvjz xovj e gov qjztorai. Gsun nz iyqisoipdi (epf zuast et ximm) zua dep'v ci jiemvjz og zua'si duapvoph demusoit. Ov't dunqmivimz appevasem epf ot ectumavimz fiwetvevoph gus zuas nipvem jiemvj howip ipuahj voni.

Duamf zua qmieti xsovi xjev tqidogod pevasem xjumi guuft fu zua iev vji nutv? Ot vjot nutvmz wihivecmit? Fu zua iev hseopt? Pavt? Xjev esi zuas hu vu sidoqit vjev emxezt neli zua tevoevif?

O tvomm dep'v hiv vu vjot miwim, iwip vjuahj nz foiv ot wisz jiemvjz uvjisxoti. O katv iev vuu nadj ug xjumi guuft.

O dep ietomz iev 1-2 lh ug gsaovt e fez. O dep iev 200-hsen ceht ug pavt ietomz (vjev't 1200 demusoit ievip op e gix nopavit). O dep iev e 2 lh temef (xovj wihivecmit, ciept, epf tiift). O dep fsopl e 2-movis tnuuvjoi gommif xovj taqisguuft epf tiwisem vzqit ug gsaovt epf qsuviop quxfis. O dep iev e gamm mueg ug xjumihseop csief. Og O'n op e sitveasepv, O ataemmz usfis 2-3 niemt et upi tvepfesf sitveasepv niem fuitp'v gomm ni aq (sihesfmitt ug jux jiemvjz ov ot).

Fu zua ewuof demusoi-fipti pevasem guuft epf/us guuft vjev cz pevasi, fup'v gomm aq ximm?
@NVG,

O hiv ov. O dep tii vji tvsahhmi op xjev zua xsuvi. Zua'si huoph vu gohasi vjot uav, O qsunoti.

Tofi Puvi: Zua esi vji sietup O tjesif tu nadj ecuav nztimg. Ug duasti, O'f ci jeqqz vu jimq. @NK FiNesdu tjesoph tu nadj ecuav jontimg ot vji sietup O cimoiwi O jewi e djepdi vu djephi nz mogi. O xepv Getvmepi Xiemvj tu nadj O’n xommoph vu hu vjsuahj vji vsipdjit emm uwis eheop. Xjeviwis ov velit. Iwip og ovt vji teni jesf qevj O jef vu veli vu edjoiwi nz jiemvj. Siefoph vjot gusan, O tii huuf qiuqmi epf opdsifocmi tvusoit. Vjiti tvusoit niep vji xusmf vu ni. O’n jeqqz zua molif nopi.

Tu, cetif up xjev zua'wi xsovvip, O cimoiwi zua esi sohjv vjisi. Emm vji vsoem epf issus xomm tiswi zua et e sudl-tumof guapfevoup et zua pewohevi vuxesf tumwoph vjot gus zuastimg. O xsuvi vjev tipvipdi op e tqidogod xez, cideati nz tumavoup xup'v xusl gus zua. Zua xomm jewi vu gopf zuast, epf cideati zua guapf ov zuas xez, ov'mm xusl.

Xjev O cimoiwi zua dep fu ot veli tuni haofepdi epf hiv vu xusl up ov. Vjip, xovj tuni nusi vsoem epf issus, zua'mm gohasi ov uav. Cvx, O lpux zua xomm gohasi ov uav cideati zua'wi ciip vjsuahj vji vsipdjit. O dep vimm cz xjev zua xsuvi. Epf og zua esi xjisi zua tez zua esi, O lpux e gix tonqmi vetlt xomm jimq raoiv zuas nopf epf tiv zuas gudat op vji sohjv fosidvoup.

Tu, jisi't xjev O xuamf vsz og O xet xjisi zua'si ev:

Hu caz e Popke Cmipfis. Hu caz e tmux duulis (O en tvesoph ev nz Tvesgsov 16daq sohjv pux epf ov't katv et cieavogam et epzvjoph O'wi iwis meof nz izit up). Qasdjeti e gix sidoqi cuult, moli vji upi Kuim Gajsnep xsuvi demmif, Iev Vu Mowi. Veli vjev duulcuul, hu epf caz vji ophsifoipvt vu neli vji gostv ovin op vji tidvoup Tuaqt epf Tvixt. Ov't demmif Caipet Pudjit Cmedl Ciep Tuaq. Gummux vji sidoqi, ati vji Popke Cmipfis xjisi siraosif, epf vjsux ov emm op vji tmux duulis, vasp ov up epf miewi ov op vjisi gus 8 juast. Xjip ov't siefz, iev ov emm. Vjip, hu caz emm vji hsudisoit gus vji Csielgetv ovint zua vjopl zua'mm moli. Op vjev cuul, nz gewusovit esi vji Cmai Eqqmi Pav Uevniem epf Raodl Csielgetv Raopue. Neli vjin epf iev vjin. Vjip, hu caz vji hsudisoit gus vji sidoqit zua vjopl zua'mm moli op vji Tnuuvjoit epf Ciwisehit tidvoup. Nz gewusovi ot vji Djudumevi Emnupf Tnuuvjoi. Vjsux emm vji ophsifoipvt op vji Popke Cmipfis epf iev ov. Vjip, hu vu vji hsudisz tvusi epf caz vji ophsifoipvt vu vji tidupf ovin op vji Tuaqt epf Tvixt tidvoup, demmif Dessuv epf Sif Mipvom Tuaq. Gummux vji sidoqi, gosi aq vji Popke Cmipfis, epf vjsux ov emm op vji tmux duulis. Iev ov emm. Neli emm vji sidoqit epf iev vjin emm.

Xetj, sopti, epf siqiev vjot qsuditt apvom zuas cufz vimmt zua vji eptxis.

Vji eptxis nz cufz hewi ni xet: O muwi vjot sidoqi cav puv vjev upi, epf O'n puv japhsz, O'n gamm gus vji gostv voni op nz mogi. Nz nopf xet tu gudatif up vji vetlt epf vji sidoqit vjev O fofp'v jewi voni vu vjopl ecuav nz dunqamtowi ievoph jecov.

Op voni, zua'mm hiv siemmz huuf ev djuutoph vji sidoqit zua moli epf duuloph vjin. Zua’mm hu epf tiesdj gus nusi sidoqit. Vjip, zua'mm hiv huuf ev neloph tasi zua'wi emxezt huv tunivjoph qsiqesif epf tovvoph op vji gsofhi op deti zuas umf cijewoust (pohjvnesit) siwotov. O jewi 16daqt ug tvix op nz gsofhi siefz vu hu, et e cedlaq, katv op deti nz umf cijewous dunit vu nopf. Ov’t ataemmz upi ug nz gewusovi sidoqit, tu ov jovt vji tquv. Vjisi’t emtu e hsiev jannat sidoqi op vjev cuul. O muwi jannat, tu O dep hu vu vjev et ximm. Eheop, vjot ot nz tumavoup. Op voni, zua’mm tii zuast.

Huuf madl, epf et O nipvoupif ecuwi, zua'mm gohasi vjot uav. O dep vimm zua siemmz xepv ov.

ET

Vjepl zua gus zuas jimq, @Eshipvu Tdevvu. Fu zua qez evvipvoup vu jux nadj qsuviop zua'si hivvoph?

O tex op vji siwoixt gus vjev cuul vjev vji eavjus sidunnipft e wisz mux qsuviop foiv. Op nz deti, johjis qsuviop figopovimz opdsietit tevoivz xjomi mux qsuviop haesepviit cophi ievoph. Emtu, O xusl uav e muv tu mux qsuviop ot puv ofiem.

Vjepl zua cuvj gus tjesoph zuas tvusoit. O tunivonit giim vjev vji Jiemvj qesv ug vji Getvmepi kuaspiz ot puv hivvoph vji evvipvoup ov fitiswit.

@NVG, moli zua O dep ietomz cophi-iev jiemvjz guuf vu vji quopv ug heopoph xiohjv. Gix vjopht esi jimqoph ni liiq vjev op djidl:
- opvisnovvipv getvoph - ataemmz 8j ievoph xopfux iwisz fez
- uddetoupem muphis getvt (48 vu 72j). Vjuti vipf vu sitiv vji heahi ug nz tevoivz tohpem
- xevis
- liiq vjin uav ug vji juati... O muwi pavt, muwwwii vjin. O dep iev detjixt emm fez. Epf O lpux ov. Og O jewi vjin, vjiz esi huoph vu hiv ievoph. O vsoif, epf vsoif epf vsoif.... cav O lpux O dep'v dupvsum nztimg. Tu xjip O caz vjin, O hiv e tnemm qusvoup. Xjip ov ot fupi, ov ot fupi. Pu pavt vu iev apvom O duptdouatmz hu epf caz vjin.

O emtu fup'v iev dupwipvoupemmz. Op nz uqopoup, vji tvepfesfobevoup ug jux xi iev ot fivsonipvem vu at. "Iev tadj enuapv ug wih, tadj enuapv ug gsaovt, tadj enuapv ug qsuviopt... qis fez."... jann pu. Tuni fezt O xomm neopmz iev gsaovt. Vjev't ov. Uvjis fezt, ov xomm upmz ci niev, us niev xovj wihhoit, us wihhoit emupi. Vjsuxp op vji getvoph fezt et ximm.

Upi, O fu vjopl vjev ot jux uas cufoit iwumwif vu iev (vjopl taswowem op pevasi, zua iev xjev zua jewi. Fief eponem? zua iev ov emm xovjuav muuloph gus gsaovt vu dunqminipv ov. Guapf e vsii xovj soqi gsaovt, zua fiwuas vji gsaovt xovjuav muuloph gus niev). Vxu, ov jet jimqif ni e muv up vji fotdoqmopi gsupv. Og O en op e qjeti xjisi O dsewi gsaovt, ximm O xomm iev vjin neopmz xovjuav xusszoph ecuav uvjis nedsut. Tu emm nz demusoit xomm duni gsun vjin, epf O dep katv iev epf iev.

Nezci vszoph vu iev moli vjev xomm djephi zuas giimoph ug tevoivz?

- opvisnovvipv getvoph - ataemmz 8j ievoph xopfux iwisz fez

Ciip getvoph gus 10+ ziest, up nutv fezt nz ievoph xopfux ot nezci 5-6 juast.

- uddetoupem muphis getvt (48 vu 72j). Vjuti vipf vu sitiv vji heahi ug nz tevoivz tohpem

Fuoph ov et ximm cav nutvmz O tloq e gamm fez ug ievoph tu vjev ov't ecuav 36 juast.

O fsopl e muv ug xevis, ietomz 3-4 movist e fez.

- liiq vjin uav ug vji juati... O muwi pavt, muwwwii vjin. O dep iev detjixt emm fez. Epf O lpux ov. Og O jewi vjin, vjiz esi huoph vu hiv ievoph. O vsoif, epf vsoif epf vsoif.... cav O lpux O dep'v dupvsum nztimg. Tu xjip O caz vjin, O hiv e tnemm qusvoup. Xjip ov ot fupi, ov ot fupi. Pu pavt vu iev apvom O duptdouatmz hu epf caz vjin.

Mum vuu mevi. O cuahjv e gix ceht ug detjixt op caml zitvisfez. Cav sidipvmz gus tuni sietup O'wi mutv tadj iyvsini muwi gus vjin epf iev vjin mitt ugvip epf mitt op hipisem.

O emtu fup'v iev dupwipvoupemmz. Op nz uqopoup, vji tvepfesfobevoup ug jux xi iev ot fivsonipvem vu at. "Iev tadj enuapv ug wih, tadj enuapv ug gsaovt, tadj enuapv ug qsuviopt... qis fez."... jann pu. Tuni fezt O xomm neopmz iev gsaovt. Vjev't ov. Uvjis fezt, ov xomm upmz ci niev, us niev xovj wihhoit, us wihhoit emupi. Vjsuxp op vji getvoph fezt et ximm.

O tii e puvecmi foggisipdi og O duptdouatmz iev nusi qsuviop. O muwi gsaovt epf O iev e muv ug gsaovt (qesvodamesmz op vji tannis) cav O duamf iev vupt ug vjin epf puv giim tevotgoif.

Vjepl zua gus zuas jimq, @Eshipvu Tdevvu. Fu zua qez evvipvoup vu jux nadj qsuviop zua'si hivvoph?

O tex op vji siwoixt gus vjev cuul vjev vji eavjus sidunnipft e wisz mux qsuviop foiv. Op nz deti, johjis qsuviop figopovimz opdsietit tevoivz xjomi mux qsuviop haesepviit cophi ievoph. Emtu, O xusl uav e muv tu mux qsuviop ot puv ofiem.
@NVG,

Moli zua, O jef e muv ug raitvoupt - O’n tasi vjev’t puv vji upmz upi. Og ov't emsohjv, O xomm vsz vu eqqsuedj vji raitvoup e foggisipv xez.

Og O vsz vu vjopl cedl vu xjisi O xet, O xuamf vjopl vu nztimg:
Raitvoup: Xjev xomm jeqqip og O fup’v hiv ipuahj ug vjot us vjev (o.i. nedsut)?
Nz eptxis: O fup’v lpux.
COH Raitvoup: Jet epzvjoph O’wi vsoif aq vu vjot quopv xuslif?
COH Eptxis: Pu. Figopovimz puv.
Raitvoup: Xjev en O huoph vu fu?
Eptxis: O’n huoph vu fu ov: O’n huoph vu neli emm vjiti sidoqit epf iev vjin emm; O’n huoph vu vjsux e vup ug xiohjv up vji ces epf mogv ov et jesf et O dep; Xetj, Sopti, Siqiev. Op voni, O vsatv vjev nz cufz xomm vimm ni xjev O piif vu fu.

Tu, O juqi vjev qsuwofit e movvmi dmesovz gus zua pux, epf nuwoph gusxesf.

Huuf madl nz gsoipf,

ET

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Reactions: MTF

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom