The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Executing order fulfilment for a book.

For any book discussion

Jamie9106

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 21, 2023
Hey guys, I've designed a book that I want to sell. I already have a physical copy which I ordered for myself to sort out the sizing. I've also made a Shopify store to sell it. The problem I have is that there aren't any print-on-demand apps that can be integrated with Shopify. This means I'd have to take the orders from Shopify, give them to the printer and deliver then deliver the books to the customers. The problem with that is if I order the books as a single copy the cost is too expensive. I'm just a bit confused with this step of the process and I'd appreciate if anyone has any advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Hey guys, I've designed a book that I want to sell. I already have a physical copy which I ordered for myself to sort out the sizing. I've also made a Shopify store to sell it. The problem I have is that there aren't any print-on-demand apps that can be integrated with Shopify. This means I'd have to take the orders from Shopify, give them to the printer and deliver then deliver the books to the customers. The problem with that is if I order the books as a single copy the cost is too expensive. I'm just a bit confused with this step of the process and I'd appreciate if anyone has any advice.
I just searched the Shopify App Store and there are quite a few POD apps with reasonable ratings.

WHy can't you use one of these?

Jamie9106

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 21, 2023
I just searched the Shopify App Store and there are quite a few POD apps with reasonable ratings.

WHy can't you use one of these?
They do print on demand but not for books. Some might allow you to make notebooks and upload a custom cover but they don't allow inside content.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
May 29, 2021
You could do Amazon paperbacks and have them do the printing for you? At least for now until you're getting orders for the book at a higher scale.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamie9106

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 21, 2023
You could do Amazon paperbacks and have them do the printing for you? At least for now until you're getting orders for the book at a higher scale.
When I last tried to sign up to the Amazon printing thing it required some numbers that you only get with a business bank account which you can only open above 18 years old. If I could get a parent to open a business account this might work though.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
When I last tried to sign up to the Amazon printing thing it required some numbers that you only get with a business bank account which you can only open above 18 years old. If I could get a parent to open a business account this might work though.
That's odd. I use a personal bank account for my Amazon POD books.

Have you considered getting a Wise account? You may still need a parent's help to meet the criteria but it's multi-currency, available in a lot of countries and free. I use it to receive foreign currency payments from Amazon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.