What's new

Exiting off the Investment Banking slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hi All,

I'm a 26 year old guy that works at a very large and well-known Investment Bank in NYC. I always knew that I didn't like my job and hated the Investment Banking culture, but I had an epiphany when a mutual friend told me she made 6 figures working for herself doing web design.

I started looking into entrepreneurial books and was drawn to The Millionaire Fastlane due to the amazing reviews and feedback it received.

I quickly realized that I'm 100% a slowlaner. my salary currently is just under 6 figures (but I really don't spend money on anything for myself) and it's considered a respectable job, but I'm just not happy at all. The culture is toxic and everyone is miserable that I work with, but they all pretend they're fine because it's a respectable and "good" job.

One thing I'm challenged with right now is wondering when is the right time to pull the trigger and quit? After reading a few books, I'm trying to think about what value I could offer to different industries.

Looking forward to posting on here and being an active member in the community!
-Dan

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo Emm,

O'n e 26 zies umf haz vjev xuslt ev e wisz meshi epf ximm-lpuxp Opwitvnipv Cepl op PZD. O emxezt lpix vjev O fofp'v moli nz kuc epf jevif vji Opwitvnipv Ceploph damvasi, cav O jef ep iqoqjepz xjip e navaem gsoipf vumf ni tji nefi 6 gohasit xusloph gus jistimg fuoph xic fitohp.

O tvesvif muuloph opvu ipvsiqsipiasoem cuult epf xet fsexp vu Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi fai vu vji eneboph siwoixt epf giifcedl ov sidiowif.

O raodlmz siemobif vjev O'n 100% e tmuxmepis. nz temesz dassipvmz ot katv apfis 6 gohasit (cav O siemmz fup'v tqipf nupiz up epzvjoph gus nztimg) epf ov't duptofisif e sitqidvecmi kuc, cav O'n katv puv jeqqz ev emm. Vji damvasi ot vuyod epf iwiszupi ot notisecmi vjev O xusl xovj, cav vjiz emm qsivipf vjiz'si gopi cideati ov't e sitqidvecmi epf "huuf" kuc.

Upi vjoph O'n djemmiphif xovj sohjv pux ot xupfisoph xjip ot vji sohjv voni vu qamm vji vsohhis epf raov? Egvis siefoph e gix cuult, O'n vszoph vu vjopl ecuav xjev wemai O duamf uggis vu foggisipv opfatvsoit.

Muuloph gusxesf vu qutvoph up jisi epf cioph ep edvowi nincis op vji dunnapovz!
-Fep

Vjisi't piwis e sohjv voni vu iev Senip.

Jo @HaovesNepFep!

Gostv ugg, ximduni :)

Duphsevamevoupt up djemmiphoph zuastimg, zuas dassipv tovaevoup epf muuloph ev zuas mogi dsovodemmz. Vjot ot vji gostv tviq. Ov emtu velit raovi tuni havt vu ci xommoph vu miewi tadj e sitqidvecmi epf dungusvecmi ipwosupnipv cijopf.

Fup'v raov katv ziv. Howi zuastimg tuni voni vu gohasi vjopht uav. Cimoiwi ni, ov't nadj ietois vu raov zuas kuc og zua jewi e gix dmoipvt epf nupiz dunoph op emsiefz.

O'f tahhitv zua tvuq siefoph epf tvesv fuoph.

Hu epf jimq tuniupi xovj xjev zua emsiefz lpux vufez. Fup'v iyqidv epzvjoph op sivasp. Fup'v muul vuu ges: “Piwis xussz ecuav pancist. Jimq upi qistup ev e voni epf emxezt tvesv xovj vji qistup piesitv zua.” (Nuvjis Visite).

O miespif vjiti gsun @Epfz Cmedl epf @TopotvisMiy. O tahhitv vu djidl uav emm vjios vjsieft vu tii xjev O niep; emtu og zua esi puv muuloph ev vji opfatvsoit vjiz esi op. Vjios qsopdoqmit esi apowistem.

Xjev dep zua fu vufez?

Juqi vjev jimqt!

Raov xjip zuas getvmepi wipvasi ot iespoph ipuahj vu taqqusv e noponemotv mogitvzmi (et op, ipuahj vu taswowi, xovj e jahi enuapv ug appittotesz dseq).

Apmitt zua jewi e meshi ecuav og detj ev jepf xjodj zua esi jeqqz vu mowi ugg xjomi caomfoph zua getvmepi wijodmi.

Huuf madl!

Upi vjoph O'n djemmiphif xovj sohjv pux ot xupfisoph xjip ot vji sohjv voni vu qamm vji vsohhis epf raov?

Vjisi't pu sohjv eptxis vu vjot. Tuni qiuqmi xomm tez vjev vjiz raov vjios kuct onnifoevimz xjip vjiz siemobif vjiz xepvif tunivjoph civvis... epf huv taddittgam fai vu vji gosi cioph mov apfis vjios ettit.

Uvjist xomm tez vu liiq vji kuc apvom vji Getvmepi dep qez gus zuas uxp mogitvzmi. Vjot xez, zua dep tqipf emm zuas voni up vji Getvmepi epf hsux ov.

Uvjist xomm tez vu liiq vji kuc apvom vji Getvmepi dep qez gus zuas uxp mogitvzmi EPF tdemi ugg ovt uxp qsugovt. Vjot xez, zua'si puv jopfisoph vji Getvmepi gsun ovt hsuxvj cz veloph nupiz uav ug vji duggist vu qez zuas sipv/nusvhehi, des, epf hsudisoit.

Pupi ug vjin esi xsuph. Ov't aq vu zua vu fidofi. Qmat... zua dep emxezt hu cedl vu xusl.

Raov xjip zuas getvmepi wipvasi ot iespoph ipuahj vu taqqusv e noponemotv mogitvzmi (et op, ipuahj vu taswowi, xovj e jahi enuapv ug appittotesz dseq).

Apmitt zua jewi e meshi ecuav og detj ev jepf xjodj zua esi jeqqz vu mowi ugg xjomi caomfoph zua getvmepi wijodmi.

Huuf madl!

Jiz nep,

Nz djemmiphi ot O jewi vu fotdmuti epz "uavtofi catopitt opvisitv" op e tztvin og O sidiowi opduni gsun epz uavtofi tuasdi.

O sief nz dupvsedv O tohpif epf vjiz dep fidmopi nz siraitv gus epzvjkph vjev "velit vuu nadj wemaecmi voni siraosif gus nz sumi" ev nz dunqepz.

Nusi onqusvepvmz, O ehsii vjot xuamf ci nz citv eqqsuedj, cav jux xuamf O iyqmeop ov vu nz Tipous Nhnv xjip vjiz esi juapfoph ni xovj raitvoupt ecuav xjz O'n tvesvoph nz uxp catopitt?

Vjepl zua!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom