The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Face it. The only way to make passive income for average guys is inventing.

Assertion

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
You all are now barking up the wrong tree; as soon as he discovered his cloaked promotional posts weren't going to work here (and he would be questioned about certain edgy takes) he asked for his account to be deleted, which I will honor tomorrow at the open of the business day.
You can't make this stuff up. I nearly fell off my chair. :rofl:
Whenever someone comes to the forum and starts blasting us with their shit, it is as if they think we are a bunch of idiots ready to buy into whatever is being promoted.
"YAY! Another course/book/podcast to add to my collection! Thank you, Sir! Where can I pay you $100??? I want to be a millionaire NOW!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
You all are now barking up the wrong tree; as soon as he discovered his cloaked promotional posts weren't going to work here (and he would be questioned about certain edgy takes) he asked for his account to be deleted, which I will honor tomorrow at the open of the business day.

Nah keep him up, maybe create a Hall of Shame thread to pin these guys so anyone on the forum that comes across them online knows they're full of shit.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
this was a fast one. I thought he’d last at least another month or two …
I'm surprised too. I thought he might have adjusted.

I even gave a gentle nudge:

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

It's a classic example of when someone doesn't come here to contribute or be part of a community, they come here and interact like it's a marketing channel.

And that's too bad as the guy definitely had some war stories to share.

Tip for new people on how to succeed here:

Community first.
Promotional second.

When you go promotional first and community second, you crash and burn.

For the record, several people reported his posts as spammy and indirectly promotional, I just stood by and watched.
I didn't know this. I should not have offered an invite to the call.

He already seemed really suspicious but I just thought I was being irrationally judgmental.

He's unwelcome at the inventor's meeting.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nah keep him up, maybe create a Hall of Shame thread to pin these guys so anyone on the forum that comes across them online knows they're full of shit.
Better to not have public halls of shame.

There's some great lines I like:

"Criticise in private. Praise in public."

"Catch them when they're good." (Meaning to reward with attention the behavior you want to encourage.)

Also, people make mistakes and can learn from them and change,

and I think we're better off judging the behavior rather than the person ("I hate people who queue jump" vs "I hate it *when* people queue jump").

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I didn't know this. I should not have offered an invite to the call.

He already seemed really suspicious but I just thought I was being irrationally judgmental.

He's unwelcome at the inventor's meeting.
He might just have a poor understanding of social media and forums. He may come across much better on a call, and be a valuable participant in the call. Heck, maybe you could even joke about it and get him to change his ways?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
He might just have a poor understanding of social media and forums.

The one thing that has really irritated me in the last 15 years are those who think they're being clever.

They join, and promote covertly in guise of progress threads, feedback requests where they really don't want feedback, and other obvious attempts at links and traffic.

The obvious tell is the question, "Are they here because the forum is a community? Or a marketing channel?"

This even happens with older members who disappear for years and "suddenly" return from the ashes.

My first thought, sadly but accurately is, "Oh, what are they trying to sell?"

Oh wow, its great to be back after 7 years! BTW, here's my new $2K course.

The reason why the forum has succeeded over the years is because I always held a community first approach with sell later.

I love hearing about what people are selling and doing, but not from drive-bys who have ZERO interest in the forum other than what they can "Squeeze" from it. (BTW, tell us what you're selling in the self-promo thread!!)

This is also why I stopped doing in-person summits; 90% of those who attended don't even visit the forum and prefer giving Zuckerburg the grease, so why should I bother?

One thing Reddit has nailed down, is those folks don't tolerate these subversive promotional attempts.

At Reddit, it is community and value first. If you're start dropping promotional crap early, they pile on and get rid of you.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
This attempt at using the forum as a marketing channel has not only failed - it backfired.

I will never watch this podcast.

Specifically due to this marketing stunt. It now has 0 credibility in my eyes.

Whenever someone comes to the forum and starts blasting us with their shit, it is as if they think we are a bunch of idiots ready to buy into whatever is being promoted.

What's funny is that he managed to fool a few members in his "introduction" post. I was skeptical and called it out immediately, but even got pushback for doing that.

I'm glad it only took some time before the truth revealed itself.

This even happens with older members who disappear for years and "suddenly" return from the ashes.

My first thought, sadly but accurately is, "Oh, what are they trying to sell?"

Oh wow, its great to be back after 7 years! BTW, here's my new $2K course.

The reason why the forum has succeeded over the years is because I always held a community first approach with sell later.

I don't know why, but I don't seem to have an issue with this as much as I should. Even recently with @noahkagan coming on here to sling his book after joining in 2015, and we'll probably never see or hear from him again (and I'm a fan of his).

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
I didn’t see this thread until after the carnage, and I hate to see that it ended this way. I watched several of Grant’s videos last year and also had a good phone call with him. While I don’t agree with all of his assessments and had a “WTF moment” when I saw this last post, he really is a great guy. He built his brand from nothing and it’s extremely successful and growing rapidly. Whether he has plans to someday monetize or otherwise leverage his podcast I can’t say, but for now he’s providing value for free to anyone who tunes in. Though his approach here bombed, don’t write him off as a charlatan or a douchebag because that’s not who the man is.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Better to not have public halls of shame.

There's some great lines I like:

"Criticise in private. Praise in public."

"Catch them when they're good." (Meaning to reward with attention the behavior you want to encourage.)

Love this, was a bit tongue in cheek from me but didn’t come across that way but you’re absolutely right, my comment wasn’t worth the effort. (Might have had a red wine or 2 after a long day :happy::happy:)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I didn’t see this thread until after the carnage, and I hate to see that it ended this way. I watched several of Grant’s videos last year and also had a good phone call with him. While I don’t agree with all of his assessments and had a “WTF moment” when I saw this last post, he really is a great guy. He built his brand from nothing and it’s extremely successful and growing rapidly. Whether he has plans to someday monetize or otherwise leverage his podcast I can’t say, but for now he’s providing value for free to anyone who tunes in. Though his approach here bombed, don’t write him off as a charlatan or a douchebag because that’s not who the man is.
Good to hear. It doesn't surprise me that he could be a good guy and just clumsy at posting on social media and in forums. Hopefully he's learned something and can adjust.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Love this, was a bit tongue in cheek from me but didn’t come across that way but you’re absolutely right, my comment wasn’t worth the effort. (Might have had a red wine or 2 after a long day :happy::happy:)
Well, your comment gave me yet another opportunity to drop some of my favourite lines. I should write a script that randomly drops them into threads to confuse people...

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Nov 21, 2016
At Reddit, it is community and value first. If you're start dropping promotional crap early, they pile on and get rid of you.
Can confirm. I'm permanently banned from several subreddits because I on!y value it for marketing.

My favorite formula they use is:

Hello handsome, genius, and sexy fastlane members. Hope you're all having a wonderful day of being handsome, brilliant, and sexy.

Bullshit sales pitch or self advertisment.

Thanks for taking the time to read my bullshit. Stay beautiful, brilliant, and sexy

Last edited:

Darklight

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jan 8, 2024
Alibaba wholesale, Saturated.

Software, Tricky.

Retail arbitrage, Dead.

Drop shipping, Lie.

Now I don't mean inventing like experimenting with the hottest new bio-chem discoveries or trying to change the way we fuel vehicles. I mean finding simple ways to make things better, verifying you can afford to make these changes ON YOUR OWN, and growing a pair of balls and learning how to sell it NOT LICENSE (scam).

Thoughts?
You're very assertive, maybe it is good, maybe not - but try to consider thousands of other options that may fit you more.

MartaMartina

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 10, 2024
If you invest in Bitcoin ,be aware of the Bitcoin scammer Vladislav Alimpiev(Residing in Finland).

maxfv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 28, 2023
UK
Why would you want to learn how to make passive income first?

You also need to fix your mindset.

Saying this is saturated or that is a lie, blah blah, is only digging your own grave.

I would recommend creating a sustainable online business. (You can do drop shipping)

I know you said it's "Saturated" but here's the thing...

Nothing. Is. Saturated. If. You. Are. Good.

I know a few teens making solid money from this.

What's the difference?

THEIR MINDSET.

Stop chasing after easy "passive" money and bite the bullet like a man and work.

Do you want to be rich or not?

- MAXFV

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.