What's new

Fastlane Bound

• Thread starter Thread starter GuestUser202
  • Start date Start date
  • INTRO 

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
G

GuestUser202

So...a little about me, since I hope to be quite active on here. I am 40 yrs old this year, divorced with 2 kids. My daughter is living with her mom full time some 500 miles away, while my son is with me full time (sans maybe the summers). I never worked at Subway (although I did McDonland's for 2 weeks), and I never really considered myself a sidewalker...perhaps a REALLY slow slowlaner with jobs such gas station attendant, pizza restaurant assistant manager (glorified shift leader), pizza delivery driver, auto mechanic, and a 7+ year career in IT (help desk, desktop support). I didn't get my 1st slowlane job until the ripe old age of 35...you know, the 9-5, 5 days a week, save 10%, 401k. I thought I had it made. I felt secure because I now had BENEFITS!! Sick time, vacation time, 401k, employee stock purchase option...but after 5 yrs of this, I realized I will never get what I want. I will never have the life I want or give my kids the life I want. Something HAS to change.

Ever since taking auto mechanics in high school, I think I've wanted my own business fixing cars...ideally, either customizing (Chip Foose style), or full blown 100% restoration of cars. Unfortunately, I don't have such skills and the market place for this type of work is VERY slim. So I started working in garages and dealers as a mechanic. Although I enjoyed the work, I knew I did not want to that for a living. My mindset was this: I'll work in this industry long enough to acquire tools and enough knowledge to fix my own cars...so I can save money by not paying someone else to fix them. Plus I just couldn't seem to make a decent living off of this.

5 years of a pro mechanic and topping out at a whopping $28k/yr, I ditched the mechanic role, keeping the tools and knowledge and fixing my own cars while I worked mostly delivering pizza. Sadly, with tips and mileage, I was making more than I was as a mechanic...still not enough though (obviously). I spent 4+ years delivering pizza at a company I HATED...DREDDED going to work to almost every day. Somewhere around 2 1/2-3 years into delivering pizza, I decided to go back to college for Information Technology (IT). I applied to ITT Technical Institute, got accepted, enjoyed the work, did VERY well, and graduated with highest honors (3.98/4.00 gpa). AND I had MOST of it covered by grants.

So this started my career in IT, bouncing from job to job to job as entry level jobs were almost always contact work. My last contract position was with IBM (don't get too excited, it's NOT all that), lasting a quick 5 months. THEN it happened...it FINNALLY happened! A direct hire job with almost twice the pay, benefits. I had SICK TIME!! Vacation time!! I MADE IT!!!

At the time of this writing, I am still employed at that very same company. But, all the while, I've been dabbling in fix n flip cars, even when I was delivering pizza. I mean why not? I have the tools and I have the knowledge, might as well make some extra money, right? So I started dabbling more around 2010, making money, losing money.

Divorce and selling the house and finding a place to live and aftermath soon hit, so all the fix n flip kinda took a back seat. I started again in 2014, making good profits off of what I was able to sell/trade, but for whatever reason, I thought continuing on with IT was a safe bet. I started studying for my CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), but I wasn't passionate about it...not passionate about computers or IT at all. One day, I started to watch a video n Youtube for the CCNA, but I got side tracked by the ad that t plays at the beginning of Youtube videos. It was a message from Tai Lopez, a proclaimed self made millionaire. The next day, I spent half the day at work watching his video, and I ALMOST fell for his $67 quick tips for getting rich scheme...until I read it's $67/mo until I cancel. F THAT!! But what I got out of his video was that it seems most self made millionaires read. They read about how others got rich. So I thought, "Well shoot, I can!" And so somehow, I think a google search of some sort, I landed here, downloaded the free sample of The Millioniare Fastlane, and INSTANLY got addicted! It's now feeding my desire to fix and flip for a living!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom