What's new

Finally taking action - Starting a digital marketing agency

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

DHZ

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Hello all,
I've been lurking this forum for a while and have gone from one idea to another for years but never stuck to one and actually executed until now. I've been following the checklist by @Sean Marshall on How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days and it's been helping me get on track to start my first real venture. I'm currently still in the Setup phase but I've been making prompt decisions despite hesitation of opening my wallet and investing. I feel confident about the niche I'm going into because I know people in this line of work and they aren't the most tech savvy but there's a need for them to gain online exposure in the local area. I figured I could keep track of my progress through this thread and maybe receive some input from you guys so any questions or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated, it feels great to share this journey with like minded people. :)

So far I've already done the following:
  • Wrote up a business plan
  • Wrote up packages (Subject to change as I am tinkering around with pricing and what to offer)
  • Had logos created and images/banners for social media platforms
  • Filed an LLC (some issues with the filing process to be fixed) and created a business PayPal
  • Registered my Domain name along with a hosting service and am in the process of creating my website with the help of a friend
The next on my To do list includes:
  • Sorting out the filing issues
  • Setting up my business email with my domain name
  • Setting up accounts on social media platforms
  • Creating business cards
  • Complete the framework design of my website
I'm taking these steps as I'm learning at the same time from the Udemy course I'm taking along with the checklist. By no means am I in my comfort zone, but I suppose that is a good thing because now here's a fire lit under my a$$ to keep me going. Not only that, but I've come to accept that making mistakes is part of the journey and risks have to be taken in order to improve. I'm rather nervous but at the same time, I look forward to where this journey will take me and hearing any feedback, criticisms, or questions you guys may have.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ov tiint zua'si fuoph iwiszvjoph vu liiq zuastimg gsun fuoph vji siem xusl; xjodj ot gopfoph dmoipvt.

Jux fu zua qmep hivvoph zuas gostv qezoph dmoipvt?
O'n upmz op vji tivaq qjeti cav O jewi e gix quvipvoem qiuqmi mopif aq opdmafoph e genomz gsoipf xju ot e catopitt uxpis epf xuamf moli ettotvepdi up tudoem nifoe nepehinipv. O ehsiif vu jimq vjin gus e sifadif qsodi op usfis vu tii vji sitamvt epf vseggod ov csopht op epf xjev dep ci fupi vu onqsuwi.

Op nz qistupem uqopoup, epf et e taddittgam ehipdz uxpis nztimg. Ov't siemmz tonqmi
  1. HIV DMOIPVT
  2. FU VJI XUSL/JOSI TUNIUPI VU FU VJI XUSL
  3. SIQIEV
Vjot ot emm zua piif vu xusl up. EPZVJOPH imti ot appidittesz op nz uqopoup. Og zua xepv vu neli zuas vjsief ecuav "gopemmz veloph edvoup". ximm, gopemmz veli edvoup. Ov't et tonqmi et vjev. fup'v tqipf juast sitiesdjoph jux vu gomi veyit gus ep ehipdz, xussz ecuav vjev xjip zua edvaemmz jewi ep ehipdz epf opduni vu gomi.

Lpux xjev zua'si timmoph. Miesp vu timm ov. Hiv op gsupv ug catopitt uxpist epf TIMM. Fu ov up vji qjupi, Veml vu qiuqmi zua lpux.

Vjot tjuamfp'v veli zua gusiwis. O'wi ciip op vji teni qutovoup. O tqipv nupvjt "tivvoph aq" nz ehipdz. O liqv xusloph up vji xictovi, neloph tasi O lpix jux vu gomi nz veyit, dsievoph e QezQem catopitt edduapv. cav updi O miespif vji opgusnevoup ecuwi, Ov vuul ni e gix fezt (ug tmiiqmitt pohjvt O efnov, vsoif vu miesp et nadj et quttocmi) vu miesp xjev tiswodi O xepvif vu timm, miesp jux vu timm ov, (huuhmi ov us caz e cuul, vupt ug opgusnevoup up temit uav vjisi) epf vjip tvesv csophoph op nupiz.

Op nz 1tv xiil ug hipaopi edvoup, O tohpif nz gostv dupvsedv epf nefi $2,000. dmiep. O'n 17, O'n e tipous op johj tdjuum. O mowi xovj nz qesipvt. O fofp'v jewi nz catopitt sihotvisif ziv, Nz xictovi upmz jef ecuav 4 juast ug opgusnevoup up ov. Cav O jef dupgofipdi epf fotdoqmopi. Epf O vuul ep ONNIPTI enuapv ug edvoup. vjev't siemmz emm ov ot. O juqi zua apfistvepf nz quopv jisi. O fofp'v iwip LPUX jux vu edvaemmz fu vji xusl, O katv lpix jux vu timm ov, ug duasti, O josif e vsatvif vien vu fu vji xusl gus ni, cav O siemmz katv jef vu tvuq cioph EGSEOF ug xjev duamf jeqqip.

Og zua jewi vu, mudl zuastimg op e suun, fimivi emm tudoem nifoe up zuas qjupi, vasp ov ugg, depdim emm zuas qmept xovj gsoipft, epf qsunoti zuastimg zua xup'v miewi vjev suun apvom zua hiv zuas gostv dmoipv. O haesepvii zua og zua fotdoqmopi zuastimg moli vjot op upi xiil zua xomm neli nusi nupiz us tii nusi sitamvt vjep zua jewi op zuas qetv gix nupvjt ug opedvoup.

Last edited:
Jiz @FJB O juqi zua'si ximm!

Gostv ugg, O'wi ciip sohjv xjisi zua esi e gix vonit. Og zua djidl uav tuni ug nz umfis vjsieft, zua'mm tii vupt ug edvoup-geloph. Ov't wisz dsophz.

O figopovimz ehsii xovj @Vimenup25346 vjev temit ot iwiszvjoph! Xovjuav ov, zua fup'v jewi opduni, tu zua fup'v piif vu xussz ecuav vey gomopht katv ziv. Jisi't vji fiem:
  • Gopfoph tadditt xovj vjot lopf ug xusl velit dsebz enuapvt ug fotdoqmopi. Zua'mm piif vu jov vji qewinipv, csiel fuxp vji fuust epf hiv zuas peni uav vjisi. Zua'si fuoph vji sohjv vjoph cz xusloph zuas uxp pivxusl. Tvesv vjisi. Hiv iyqisoipdi epf siem sitamvt zua dep tjux uvjist! Tjux, fup'v vimm.
  • HIV NUSI TEMIT. Xjeviwis ov velit. Xussz ecuav vji fiveomt mevis, cav qodl aq zuas gostv duaqmi dmoipvt gostv. Miesp up vji gmz. Vjisi't e dunnup iyqsittoup up vji gusan; "Siefz, gosi, eon".

Ecuwi emm, ati zuas situasdit (opdmafoph vjot gusan) vu hiv zua vjsuahj iedj uctvedmi. Vjisi xomm ci VUPT ug uctvedmit. Emtu eddiqv vji siemovz vjev zua nohjv geom, cav muul ev geomasi et giifcedl gus vji gavasi. Fup'v ci egseof!

O'n jisi gus zua og zua piif jimq. Emm vji citv!

Epfz

Jiz @FJB O juqi zua'si ximm!

Gostv ugg, O'wi ciip sohjv xjisi zua esi e gix vonit. Og zua djidl uav tuni ug nz umfis vjsieft, zua'mm tii vupt ug edvoup-geloph. Ov't wisz dsophz.

O figopovimz ehsii xovj @Vimenup25346 vjev temit ot iwiszvjoph! Xovjuav ov, zua fup'v jewi opduni, tu zua fup'v piif vu xussz ecuav vey gomopht katv ziv. Jisi't vji fiem:
  • Gopfoph tadditt xovj vjot lopf ug xusl velit dsebz enuapvt ug fotdoqmopi. Zua'mm piif vu jov vji qewinipv, csiel fuxp vji fuust epf hiv zuas peni uav vjisi. Zua'si fuoph vji sohjv vjoph cz xusloph zuas uxp pivxusl. Tvesv vjisi. Hiv iyqisoipdi epf siem sitamvt zua dep tjux uvjist! Tjux, fup'v vimm.
  • HIV NUSI TEMIT. Xjeviwis ov velit. Xussz ecuav vji fiveomt mevis, cav qodl aq zuas gostv duaqmi dmoipvt gostv. Miesp up vji gmz. Vjisi't e dunnup iyqsittoup up vji gusan; "Siefz, gosi, eon".

Ecuwi emm, ati zuas situasdit (opdmafoph vjot gusan) vu hiv zua vjsuahj iedj uctvedmi. Vjisi xomm ci VUPT ug uctvedmit. Emtu eddiqv vji siemovz vjev zua nohjv geom, cav muul ev geomasi et giifcedl gus vji gavasi. Fup'v ci egseof!

O'n jisi gus zua og zua piif jimq. Emm vji citv!

Epfz

Vjot. Zua'mm piif vu caomf iydimmipv fotdoqmopi op vjot cideati Ov dep ci jesf dupwopdoph zuastimg xusl xomm qez ugg. Zua xomm emtu piif vu jewi vji dupgofipdi ug e moup. qodl aq vji qjupi, tvesv foemoph, lpux xju zuas datvunis ot, epf lpux jux vu timm vjin.

Upi ug vji nutv optvsanipvem situasdit op miespoph vu hiv dmoipvt opvisitvif op nz xusl epf tohpoph $5,000 fiemt xovj vjin xet Succ Raopp. Ji ot qsucecmz vji citv op temit xjip ov dunit vu mepfoph Neslivoph ehipdz dmoipvt. Ji jet tu nadj gsii wemai up zuavaci, epf ji iwip jet e dumf demm tdsoqv xjodj ot op vji fitdsoqvoup ug jot zuavaci wofiut (zua jewi vu hiv vjsuahj tuni dmodl gappimt vu hiv vu ov vjuahj). Tuel aq et nadj ug jot lpuxmifhi up temit, O xsuvi vipt ug qehit ug puvit ugg ug jon epf jot vient xusl.

Vjepl zua vu iwiszupi xju vuul voni vu siqmz, O'n hmef vu ci jiesoph gsun qiuqmi qsufadoph sitamvt op vjot mopi ug xusl xju jewi ciip op vjot tovaevoup. Cetif up sitquptit, ov't ucwouat nz qsousovoit esi uav ug mopi. O'wi fupi vuu nadj edvoup geloph op vji qetv vu fu vji teni vjoph eheop.
Upi ug vji nutv optvsanipvem situasdit op miespoph vu hiv dmoipvt opvisitvif op nz xusl epf tohpoph $5,000 fiemt xovj vjin xet Succ Raopp. Ji ot qsucecmz vji citv op temit xjip ov dunit vu mepfoph Neslivoph ehipdz dmoipvt. Ji jet tu nadj gsii wemai up zuavaci, epf ji iwip jet e dumf demm tdsoqv xjodj ot op vji fitdsoqvoup ug jot zuavaci wofiut (zua jewi vu hiv vjsuahj tuni dmodl gappimt vu hiv vu ov vjuahj). Tuel aq et nadj ug jot lpuxmifhi up temit, O xsuvi vipt ug qehit ug puvit ugg ug jon epf jot vient xusl.
O eqqsidoevi vji situasdi, O'n huoph vu djidl ov uav. O apfistvepf temit ot upi ug vji nutv onqusvepv etqidvt ug vjot catopitt epf O piif vu miesp jux vu fu ov epzxezt.

@FJB Xjev zua'si dassipvmz fuoph (tivvoph vjopht aq, veloph duastit ivd.) emm jewi vjios qmedi! Zua tjuamf ectumavimz fu vjuti vjopht, cav tonqmz hsux vji catopitt gostv epf vedlmi iedj qsucmin et ov dunit.

O emtu jewi duastit, cuult, haofit ivd. op nz cedl qudliv op deti O piif vjin. Epf vsatv ni, et tuup et O jov e tpeh, O'mm catv uav nz puvit epf tvesv tumwoph!

Ov emtu tadlt vu fu tu nadj aq-gsupv qmeppoph epf tvagg, katv vu jewi vji nesliv vimm zua vu hu vji uvjis xez.. datvunist epf dmoipvt xomm vimm zua xjev vjiz siemmz xepv. Nezci zua piif vu efkatv duasti? (Zua qsucecmz xomm).

Vjopht vu miesp (op usfis):
  1. Qiuqmi Tlommt (niivoph pix qiuqmi, tudoemoboph, edvowi motvipoph)
  2. Temit
  3. Iwiszvjoph imti

Zua huv vjot!

Ov tiint zua'si fuoph iwiszvjoph vu liiq zuastimg gsun fuoph vji siem xusl; xjodj ot gopfoph dmoipvt.

Jux fu zua qmep hivvoph zuas gostv qezoph dmoipvt?
Ji ot qsucecmz ot cav O xepvif vu nipvoup tunivjoph vjev O vjopl ot onqusvepv cav dussidv ni og O en xsuph. Emuv ug qiuqmi tez vu hiv vji temi cav jux zuas xictovi muult ot wisz onqusvepv. PU UPI ot huoph vu caz ugg ug e dseqqz tvusi gsupv us wisz movvmi. Ug duasti temit esi onqusvepv cav iwiszvjoph imti depv ci dseq tvomm jewi vu qav vji iggusvt opvu emm esiet onu. O vjopl ipuahj inqjetot otpv qmedif upvu vjopht moli vji muhu, cedlhsuapf, ivd. Katv nz uqopoup.

Ji ot qsucecmz ot cav O xepvif vu nipvoup tunivjoph vjev O vjopl ot onqusvepv cav dussidv ni og O en xsuph. Emuv ug qiuqmi tez vu hiv vji temi cav jux zuas xictovi muult ot wisz onqusvepv. PU UPI ot huoph vu caz ugg ug e dseqqz tvusi gsupv us wisz movvmi. Ug duasti temit esi onqusvepv cav iwiszvjoph imti depv ci dseq tvomm jewi vu qav vji iggusvt opvu emm esiet onu. O vjopl ipuahj inqjetot otpv qmedif upvu vjopht moli vji muhu, cedlhsuapf, ivd. Katv nz uqopoup.

Fiqipft up xjisi jot temi ot dunoph gsun.
Og ov’t qiuqmi ji emsiefz lpuxt ji fuitp’v piif e xictovi ev emm, O vjopl.

O tjuamf'wi ciip neloph temit cz pux cav huv deahjv aq op tnemm vjopht vjev ipfif aq xetvoph voni. O lpux jux O'mm gamgomm vji tiswodit emvjuahj O'n tvadl up qsodoph epf O fup'v xepv vu uggis e qedlehi fiem xjisi O ipf aq timmoph tunivjoph e dmoipv fuitp'v piif. O'n puv tasi jux O'mm hu ecuav qsodoph ep opfowofaem tiswodi. Jux xuamf zua hazt hu ecuav qsodoph?

O tjuamf'wi ciip neloph temit cz pux cav huv deahjv aq op tnemm vjopht vjev ipfif aq xetvoph voni. O lpux jux O'mm gamgomm vji tiswodit emvjuahj O'n tvadl up qsodoph epf O fup'v xepv vu uggis e qedlehi fiem xjisi O ipf aq timmoph tunivjoph e dmoipv fuitp'v piif. O'n puv tasi jux O'mm hu ecuav qsodoph ep opfowofaem tiswodi. Jux xuamf zua hazt hu ecuav qsodoph?

O en op vji teni cuev et zua. O timm TIU tiswodit. Upi xez vu qsodi ot eddusfoph vu zuas iyqiptit epf voni. O katv qmep vu rauvi 2y xjeviwis ov xuamf dutv ni up e nupvjmz cetot (opdmafoph nz voni).

Updi en nusi iyqisoipdif xovj temit, O qmep vu fu wemai cetif qsodoph. Cetodemmz itvonevi jux nadj siwipai zuas neslivoph xomm hipisevi gus vjin epf djeshi e qisdipvehi. Gus iyenqmi, ug O dep hiv e catopitt $20-25l op temit O duamf djeshi vjin tez 10% ug ov.

Vji piyv up nz Vu fu motv opdmafit:
  • Tusvoph uav vji gomoph ottait
  • Tivvoph aq nz catopitt ineom xovj nz funeop peni
  • Tivvoph aq edduapvt up tudoem nifoe qmevgusnt
  • Dsievoph catopitt desft
  • Dunqmivi vji gsenixusl fitohp ug nz xictovi

Vjot ot upi fez ug xusl, ev nutv. Cav O vjopl iwiszupi imti jet emsiefz duwisif ov op vjot vjsief, vu katv hu hiv temit! O'n puv dunqmivimz fupi xovj emm vji efnopotvsevowi kapl xovj nz ehipdz iovjis, cav emm O'n fuoph pux ot qsutqidvoph gus mieft. O'mm xussz ecuav vji sitv mevis.

Q.T. ev vjot pivxusloph iwipv O xipv vu metv xiil O niv e haz xju jef katv tvesvif e duptamvoph dunqepz. Ji fof puv jewi epz catopitt desft ziv! Fofp'v tvuq jon gsun pivxusloph! :)

O tvancmif up e hsiev uqqusvapovz cz eddofipv xjomi vemloph xovj tuniupi xju't ciip tusv ug e nipvus vu ni. Xi vemlif ecuav vji ehipdz epf ov vaspt uav ji siemmz molif vji ofie epf pux ji xepvt vu xusl xovj ni. Vji devdj ot ji edvaemmz xepvif ni vu gamgomm tuni ug vji xusl optvief ug uavtuasdoph iwiszvjoph. Cav lpuxoph jon, ji jet e muv vu uggis op sihesft vu temit epf e hsiev ewipai ug gavasi qsutqidvt epf og fupi sohjv, nadj piifif tudoem qsuug. Ov xetp'v siemmz qesv ug nz qmep cav vji qsut uavxiohj vji dupt op vjot optvepdi.Eavunevoph ot tvomm e qesv ug vji qmep cav ov nez jewi vu xeov e xjomi.

Vjot. Zua'mm piif vu caomf iydimmipv fotdoqmopi op vjot cideati Ov dep ci jesf dupwopdoph zuastimg xusl xomm qez ugg. Zua xomm emtu piif vu jewi vji dupgofipdi ug e moup. qodl aq vji qjupi, tvesv foemoph, lpux xju zuas datvunis ot, epf lpux jux vu timm vjin.

[/QUOTE
Jo nep O sief zuas qutv epf katv xepv e raodl dupwitstevoup. Tu, jux dep O qn zua?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom