What's new

Finding a mentor

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I've seen some comments/posts from people looking for a mentor. I've also been finding myself feeling overwhelmed/lost and thinking "It would be so helpful to have a mentor!" The internal dialogue that usually follows is "How would I even start that kind of relationship? Why would anyone want to be my mentor?" And, usually, this ends with a sigh or a grumble and me going about business as usual (reading, searching the internet/this forum, some kind of distraction, etc. etc.).

Not today though. Today I reflected a little deeper.

I feel I need a mentor because thinking and acting like an entrepreneur is new to me.
Okay, but I've certainly done new things before on my own, right? Heck, even all the way back to the first day of elementary school. I was put on a loud bus and taken to a big cinder block building where I was put in a room with 20 other crying kids and a stranger who said they were my teacher. Sure, I knew what a bus was. But there was no way Dad could fully prepare me for what being on the bus would be like. Sure, I was told I'd be going alone. But, again, there was no way for me to fully know what that was going to be like until I was in the situation.
But I knew enough to get through it.

I got through it so well that I kept going. College. More college. MORE college. Each time was a bit different and new; new places farther and farther away from home, new schools, new people, new expectations. And school isn't the only example. Jobs, internships, traveling, etc.
So why does entering the entrepreneurial world feel so different?
For one, I had a lot of mentorship, guidance, and friendship. Family, friends who had gone through it before or were also going through it, professors, academic advisors, university resources, bosses, etc. I'm not lazy and I'm not a horrible person, so it took practically zero effort on my part to get these mentorships.
It's easy to find help and common ground when you're doing what everyone around you is doing.

But certainly I've done things that people around me haven't done, right? .. Right? .. It's surprisingly hard to come up with examples! Here are a few of the ones I can think of:
  • First when I adopted a goldfish. Yes, a goldfish. I was determined to give that fish the best life. He wasn't going to die in a week like my last goldfish. I researched like crazy and found a forum on which I asked dumb questions until I had a 50 gallon tank for 3 fish set up with filters and air bubblers and I was doing water changes twice a week. EVERYONE, friends, family, boyfriend, thought I was actually insane. But here we are close to 10 years later and one of those goldfish is still with me.
  • Second when I went vegan; again tons of independent research and experimentation and a ton of criticism and opposition. And again, here I am almost a decade later and I'm happily not looking back.
  • Most recently, (this one is kind of iffy on the "alone" factor), last year when I adopted a ~3 year old Rottweiler with massive issues - major dog reactivity, severe separation anxiety (he broke out of crates, my apartment, and my car window...), and had a sad aversion to going potty. Besides a friend also dealing with a different kind of psychotic dog, no one I knew could relate. Once again, a lot of research and trial and error ensued. Not even a whole year later, this dog is the biggest Momma's boy and is happily cohabitating with another dog.
Okay, but those examples are relatively simple. I read a bit, watched some videos, and put what I learned into practice and refined it until it worked for me. Although one could have possibly been nice, I ultimately didn't need a mentor.

A better example might be when I started rock climbing. I went to a small local gym with some friends where they had volunteers belaying people, so we really only had to physically climb. One of my friends and I were hooked on day one. After a couple of weeks it was apparent that the volunteers were always busy belaying people and the wait time for a climb could be half an hour or more, sometimes you didn't even get to climb what you wanted. That's when we noticed there were people belaying who weren't volunteers and we realized that we could learn how to belay each other so we didn't need to rely on the volunteers. This is where the difference is between this example and those above. We couldn't just watch some videos and repeatedly drop each other off of cliffs until we got it right. We needed a mentor. We kept showing up and eventually got noticed by a regular climber who knew much more than us. He offered to belay us because he had seen us there several times before and all of the volunteers were busy. We asked if he could teach us how to belay. Things rocked from then on and we eventually became mentors ourselves.

The last bit of my climbing story is important. First, we had to show up. Not just once a month. We were there 2-3x a week. Second, someone had to be willing to be a mentor. Third, we had to show our willingness to learn and grow as climbers. He probably wouldn't have continued to belay and hang out with us if all we ever did was show interest in having him as our belay biotch.

So. Back to the entrepreneurial journey.

What is the problem in front of you? Have you committed to a single problem/project?
Do you know enough to get started?
Are you asking questions? Are they good questions?
Are you willing to take action? (Repeated trial and error is necessary.)

Do you currently need a mentor?
Are you showing up? (If you show up, you'll most likely easily find someone willing to be a mentor.)
What would a personal mentor provide you that you cannot get on this forum or elsewhere?
What's holding you back? (Fear? Laziness?)

Going through my past experiences and picking them apart has helped me realize that I truly haven't committed to a single project yet and that's where all of my feelings of being overwhelmed and lost come from. That's something I need to figure out on my own. Then I can move forward and find a mentor if I actually need one.

Anyway, I've been feeling overwhelmed with all of the information and wisdom I've been finding in MJ's books and on the forum, and I can relate to how someone might jump straight into feeling like they need a mentor instead of letting things sink in and taking the time to sort everything out. So, I thought maybe this could help at least one other newer forum member.

Wishing you all the best!

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O'wi tiip tuni dunnipvt/qutvt gsun qiuqmi muuloph gus e nipvus. O'wi emtu ciip gopfoph nztimg giimoph uwisxjimnif/mutv epf vjoploph "Ov xuamf ci tu jimqgam vu jewi e nipvus!" Vji opvispem foemuhai vjev ataemmz gummuxt ot "Jux xuamf O iwip tvesv vjev lopf ug simevouptjoq? Xjz xuamf epzupi xepv vu ci nz nipvus?" Epf, ataemmz, vjot ipft xovj e tohj us e hsancmi epf ni huoph ecuav catopitt et ataem (siefoph, tiesdjoph vji opvispiv/vjot gusan, tuni lopf ug fotvsedvoup, ivd. ivd.).

Puv vufez vjuahj. Vufez O sigmidvif e movvmi fiiqis.

O giim O piif e nipvus cideati vjoploph epf edvoph moli ep ipvsiqsipias ot pix vu ni.
Ulez, cav O'wi disveopmz fupi pix vjopht cigusi up nz uxp, sohjv? Jidl, iwip emm vji xez cedl vu vji gostv fez ug iminipvesz tdjuum. O xet qav up e muaf cat epf velip vu e coh dopfis cmudl caomfoph xjisi O xet qav op e suun xovj 20 uvjis dszoph loft epf e tvsephis xju teof vjiz xisi nz viedjis. Tasi, O lpix xjev e cat xet. Cav vjisi xet pu xez Fef duamf gammz qsiqesi ni gus xjev cioph up vji cat xuamf ci moli. Tasi, O xet vumf O'f ci huoph emupi. Cav, eheop, vjisi xet pu xez gus ni vu gammz lpux xjev vjev xet huoph vu ci moli apvom O xet op vji tovaevoup.
Cav O lpix ipuahj vu hiv vjsuahj ov.

O huv vjsuahj ov tu ximm vjev O liqv huoph. Dummihi. Nusi dummihi. NUSI dummihi. Iedj voni xet e cov foggisipv epf pix; pix qmedit gesvjis epf gesvjis exez gsun juni, pix tdjuumt, pix qiuqmi, pix iyqidvevoupt. Epf tdjuum otp'v vji upmz iyenqmi. Kuct, opvisptjoqt, vsewimoph, ivd.
Tu xjz fuit ipvisoph vji ipvsiqsipiasoem xusmf giim tu foggisipv?
Gus upi, O jef e muv ug nipvustjoq, haofepdi, epf gsoipftjoq. Genomz, gsoipft xju jef hupi vjsuahj ov cigusi us xisi emtu huoph vjsuahj ov, qsugittust, edefinod efwotust, apowistovz situasdit, cuttit, ivd. O'n puv mebz epf O'n puv e jussocmi qistup, tu ov vuul qsedvodemmz bisu iggusv up nz qesv vu hiv vjiti nipvustjoqt.
Ov't ietz vu gopf jimq epf dunnup hsuapf xjip zua'si fuoph xjev iwiszupi esuapf zua ot fuoph.

Cav disveopmz O'wi fupi vjopht vjev qiuqmi esuapf ni jewip'v fupi, sohjv? .. Sohjv? .. Ov't tasqsotophmz jesf vu duni aq xovj iyenqmit! Jisi esi e gix ug vji upit O dep vjopl ug:
  • Gostv xjip O efuqvif e humfgotj. Zit, e humfgotj. O xet fivisnopif vu howi vjev gotj vji citv mogi. Ji xetp'v huoph vu foi op e xiil moli nz metv humfgotj. O sitiesdjif moli dsebz epf guapf e gusan up xjodj O etlif fanc raitvoupt apvom O jef e 50 hemmup vepl gus 3 gotj tiv aq xovj gomvist epf eos caccmist epf O xet fuoph xevis djephit vxodi e xiil. IWISZUPI, gsoipft, genomz, cuzgsoipf, vjuahjv O xet edvaemmz optepi. Cav jisi xi esi dmuti vu 10 ziest mevis epf upi ug vjuti humfgotj ot tvomm xovj ni.
  • Tidupf xjip O xipv wihep; eheop vupt ug opfiqipfipv sitiesdj epf iyqisonipvevoup epf e vup ug dsovodotn epf uqqutovoup. Epf eheop, jisi O en emnutv e fidefi mevis epf O'n jeqqomz puv muuloph cedl.
  • Nutv sidipvmz, (vjot upi ot lopf ug oggz up vji "emupi" gedvus), metv zies xjip O efuqvif e ~3 zies umf Suvvxiomis xovj nettowi ottait - nekus fuh siedvowovz, tiwisi tiqesevoup epyoivz (ji csuli uav ug dsevit, nz eqesvnipv, epf nz des xopfux...), epf jef e tef ewistoup vu huoph quvvz. Citofit e gsoipf emtu fiemoph xovj e foggisipv lopf ug qtzdjuvod fuh, pu upi O lpix duamf simevi. Updi eheop, e muv ug sitiesdj epf vsoem epf issus iptaif. Puv iwip e xjumi zies mevis, vjot fuh ot vji cohhitv Nunne't cuz epf ot jeqqomz dujecovevoph xovj epuvjis fuh.
Ulez, cav vjuti iyenqmit esi simevowimz tonqmi. O sief e cov, xevdjif tuni wofiut, epf qav xjev O miespif opvu qsedvodi epf sigopif ov apvom ov xuslif gus ni. Emvjuahj upi duamf jewi quttocmz ciip podi, O amvonevimz fofp'v piif e nipvus.

E civvis iyenqmi nohjv ci xjip O tvesvif sudl dmoncoph. O xipv vu e tnemm mudem hzn xovj tuni gsoipft xjisi vjiz jef wumapviist cimezoph qiuqmi, tu xi siemmz upmz jef vu qjztodemmz dmonc. Upi ug nz gsoipft epf O xisi juulif up fez upi. Egvis e duaqmi ug xiilt ov xet eqqesipv vjev vji wumapviist xisi emxezt catz cimezoph qiuqmi epf vji xeov voni gus e dmonc duamf ci jemg ep juas us nusi, tunivonit zua fofp'v iwip hiv vu dmonc xjev zua xepvif. Vjev't xjip xi puvodif vjisi xisi qiuqmi cimezoph xju xisip'v wumapviist epf xi siemobif vjev xi duamf miesp jux vu cimez iedj uvjis tu xi fofp'v piif vu simz up vji wumapviist. Vjot ot xjisi vji foggisipdi ot civxiip vjot iyenqmi epf vjuti ecuwi. Xi duamfp'v katv xevdj tuni wofiut epf siqievifmz fsuq iedj uvjis ugg ug dmoggt apvom xi huv ov sohjv. Xi piifif e nipvus. Xi liqv tjuxoph aq epf iwipvaemmz huv puvodif cz e sihames dmoncis xju lpix nadj nusi vjep at. Ji uggisif vu cimez at cideati ji jef tiip at vjisi tiwisem vonit cigusi epf emm ug vji wumapviist xisi catz. Xi etlif og ji duamf viedj at jux vu cimez. Vjopht sudlif gsun vjip up epf xi iwipvaemmz cideni nipvust uastimwit.

Vji metv cov ug nz dmoncoph tvusz ot onqusvepv. Gostv, xi jef vu tjux aq. Puv katv updi e nupvj. Xi xisi vjisi 2-3y e xiil. Tidupf, tuniupi jef vu ci xommoph vu ci e nipvus. Vjosf, xi jef vu tjux uas xommophpitt vu miesp epf hsux et dmoncist. Ji qsucecmz xuamfp'v jewi dupvopaif vu cimez epf jeph uav xovj at og emm xi iwis fof xet tjux opvisitv op jewoph jon et uas cimez couvdj.

Tu. Cedl vu vji ipvsiqsipiasoem kuaspiz.

Xjev ot vji qsucmin op gsupv ug zua? Jewi zua dunnovvif vu e tophmi qsucmin/qsukidv?
Fu zua lpux ipuahj vu hiv tvesvif?
Esi zua etloph raitvoupt? Esi vjiz huuf raitvoupt?
Esi zua xommoph vu veli edvoup? (Siqievif vsoem epf issus ot pidittesz.)

Fu zua dassipvmz piif e nipvus?
Esi zua tjuxoph aq? (Og zua tjux aq, zua'mm nutv molimz ietomz gopf tuniupi xommoph vu ci e nipvus.)
Xjev xuamf e qistupem nipvus qsuwofi zua vjev zua deppuv hiv up vjot gusan us imtixjisi?
Xjev't jumfoph zua cedl? (Gies? Mebopitt?)

Huoph vjsuahj nz qetv iyqisoipdit epf qodloph vjin eqesv jet jimqif ni siemobi vjev O vsamz jewip'v dunnovvif vu e tophmi qsukidv ziv epf vjev't xjisi emm ug nz giimopht ug cioph uwisxjimnif epf mutv duni gsun. Vjev't tunivjoph O piif vu gohasi uav up nz uxp. Vjip O dep nuwi gusxesf epf gopf e nipvus og O edvaemmz piif upi.

Epzxez, O'wi ciip giimoph uwisxjimnif xovj emm ug vji opgusnevoup epf xotfun O'wi ciip gopfoph op NK't cuult epf up vji gusan, epf O dep simevi vu jux tuniupi nohjv kanq tvseohjv opvu giimoph moli vjiz piif e nipvus optvief ug mivvoph vjopht topl op epf veloph vji voni vu tusv iwiszvjoph uav. Tu, O vjuahjv nezci vjot duamf jimq ev mietv upi uvjis pixis gusan nincis.

Xotjoph zua emm vji citv!
Qiuqmi muwi vu jimq qiuqmi op nuvoup. Katv muul ev vji qsuhsitt vjsieft vjev hiv vsedvoup. Vjiz'si puv vji fidmesevoup vjsieft, vjiz'si vji vjsieft xjisi qiuqmi fudanipv xjev vjiz'wi emsiefz fupi, epf xjisi vjiz duptotvipvmz tjux aq.

Cioph op nuvoup emtu dsievit e wedaan cijopf zua. Liiq nuwoph op e fosidvoup epf qiuqmi hiv tadlif op cijopf zua epf gummux emuph.

Ugvip vjev't emm zua piif vu fu ot qodl e fosidvoup, hiv tvesvif, epf liiq huoph.

O'wi tiip tuni dunnipvt/qutvt gsun qiuqmi muuloph gus e nipvus. O'wi emtu ciip gopfoph nztimg giimoph uwisxjimnif/mutv epf vjoploph "Ov xuamf ci tu jimqgam vu jewi e nipvus!" Vji opvispem foemuhai vjev ataemmz gummuxt ot "Jux xuamf O iwip tvesv vjev lopf ug simevouptjoq? Xjz xuamf epzupi xepv vu ci nz nipvus?" Epf, ataemmz, vjot ipft xovj e tohj us e hsancmi epf ni huoph ecuav catopitt et ataem (siefoph, tiesdjoph vji opvispiv/vjot gusan, tuni lopf ug fotvsedvoup, ivd. ivd.).

Puv vufez vjuahj. Vufez O sigmidvif e movvmi fiiqis.

O giim O piif e nipvus cideati vjoploph epf edvoph moli ep ipvsiqsipias ot pix vu ni.
Ulez, cav O'wi disveopmz fupi pix vjopht cigusi up nz uxp, sohjv? Jidl, iwip emm vji xez cedl vu vji gostv fez ug iminipvesz tdjuum. O xet qav up e muaf cat epf velip vu e coh dopfis cmudl caomfoph xjisi O xet qav op e suun xovj 20 uvjis dszoph loft epf e tvsephis xju teof vjiz xisi nz viedjis. Tasi, O lpix xjev e cat xet. Cav vjisi xet pu xez Fef duamf gammz qsiqesi ni gus xjev cioph up vji cat xuamf ci moli. Tasi, O xet vumf O'f ci huoph emupi. Cav, eheop, vjisi xet pu xez gus ni vu gammz lpux xjev vjev xet huoph vu ci moli apvom O xet op vji tovaevoup.
Cav O lpix ipuahj vu hiv vjsuahj ov.

O huv vjsuahj ov tu ximm vjev O liqv huoph. Dummihi. Nusi dummihi. NUSI dummihi. Iedj voni xet e cov foggisipv epf pix; pix qmedit gesvjis epf gesvjis exez gsun juni, pix tdjuumt, pix qiuqmi, pix iyqidvevoupt. Epf tdjuum otp'v vji upmz iyenqmi. Kuct, opvisptjoqt, vsewimoph, ivd.
Tu xjz fuit ipvisoph vji ipvsiqsipiasoem xusmf giim tu foggisipv?
Gus upi, O jef e muv ug nipvustjoq, haofepdi, epf gsoipftjoq. Genomz, gsoipft xju jef hupi vjsuahj ov cigusi us xisi emtu huoph vjsuahj ov, qsugittust, edefinod efwotust, apowistovz situasdit, cuttit, ivd. O'n puv mebz epf O'n puv e jussocmi qistup, tu ov vuul qsedvodemmz bisu iggusv up nz qesv vu hiv vjiti nipvustjoqt.
Ov't ietz vu gopf jimq epf dunnup hsuapf xjip zua'si fuoph xjev iwiszupi esuapf zua ot fuoph.

Cav disveopmz O'wi fupi vjopht vjev qiuqmi esuapf ni jewip'v fupi, sohjv? .. Sohjv? .. Ov't tasqsotophmz jesf vu duni aq xovj iyenqmit! Jisi esi e gix ug vji upit O dep vjopl ug:
  • Gostv xjip O efuqvif e humfgotj. Zit, e humfgotj. O xet fivisnopif vu howi vjev gotj vji citv mogi. Ji xetp'v huoph vu foi op e xiil moli nz metv humfgotj. O sitiesdjif moli dsebz epf guapf e gusan up xjodj O etlif fanc raitvoupt apvom O jef e 50 hemmup vepl gus 3 gotj tiv aq xovj gomvist epf eos caccmist epf O xet fuoph xevis djephit vxodi e xiil. IWISZUPI, gsoipft, genomz, cuzgsoipf, vjuahjv O xet edvaemmz optepi. Cav jisi xi esi dmuti vu 10 ziest mevis epf upi ug vjuti humfgotj ot tvomm xovj ni.
  • Tidupf xjip O xipv wihep; eheop vupt ug opfiqipfipv sitiesdj epf iyqisonipvevoup epf e vup ug dsovodotn epf uqqutovoup. Epf eheop, jisi O en emnutv e fidefi mevis epf O'n jeqqomz puv muuloph cedl.
  • Nutv sidipvmz, (vjot upi ot lopf ug oggz up vji "emupi" gedvus), metv zies xjip O efuqvif e ~3 zies umf Suvvxiomis xovj nettowi ottait - nekus fuh siedvowovz, tiwisi tiqesevoup epyoivz (ji csuli uav ug dsevit, nz eqesvnipv, epf nz des xopfux...), epf jef e tef ewistoup vu huoph quvvz. Citofit e gsoipf emtu fiemoph xovj e foggisipv lopf ug qtzdjuvod fuh, pu upi O lpix duamf simevi. Updi eheop, e muv ug sitiesdj epf vsoem epf issus iptaif. Puv iwip e xjumi zies mevis, vjot fuh ot vji cohhitv Nunne't cuz epf ot jeqqomz dujecovevoph xovj epuvjis fuh.
Ulez, cav vjuti iyenqmit esi simevowimz tonqmi. O sief e cov, xevdjif tuni wofiut, epf qav xjev O miespif opvu qsedvodi epf sigopif ov apvom ov xuslif gus ni. Emvjuahj upi duamf jewi quttocmz ciip podi, O amvonevimz fofp'v piif e nipvus.

E civvis iyenqmi nohjv ci xjip O tvesvif sudl dmoncoph. O xipv vu e tnemm mudem hzn xovj tuni gsoipft xjisi vjiz jef wumapviist cimezoph qiuqmi, tu xi siemmz upmz jef vu qjztodemmz dmonc. Upi ug nz gsoipft epf O xisi juulif up fez upi. Egvis e duaqmi ug xiilt ov xet eqqesipv vjev vji wumapviist xisi emxezt catz cimezoph qiuqmi epf vji xeov voni gus e dmonc duamf ci jemg ep juas us nusi, tunivonit zua fofp'v iwip hiv vu dmonc xjev zua xepvif. Vjev't xjip xi puvodif vjisi xisi qiuqmi cimezoph xju xisip'v wumapviist epf xi siemobif vjev xi duamf miesp jux vu cimez iedj uvjis tu xi fofp'v piif vu simz up vji wumapviist. Vjot ot xjisi vji foggisipdi ot civxiip vjot iyenqmi epf vjuti ecuwi. Xi duamfp'v katv xevdj tuni wofiut epf siqievifmz fsuq iedj uvjis ugg ug dmoggt apvom xi huv ov sohjv. Xi piifif e nipvus. Xi liqv tjuxoph aq epf iwipvaemmz huv puvodif cz e sihames dmoncis xju lpix nadj nusi vjep at. Ji uggisif vu cimez at cideati ji jef tiip at vjisi tiwisem vonit cigusi epf emm ug vji wumapviist xisi catz. Xi etlif og ji duamf viedj at jux vu cimez. Vjopht sudlif gsun vjip up epf xi iwipvaemmz cideni nipvust uastimwit.

Vji metv cov ug nz dmoncoph tvusz ot onqusvepv. Gostv, xi jef vu tjux aq. Puv katv updi e nupvj. Xi xisi vjisi 2-3y e xiil. Tidupf, tuniupi jef vu ci xommoph vu ci e nipvus. Vjosf, xi jef vu tjux uas xommophpitt vu miesp epf hsux et dmoncist. Ji qsucecmz xuamfp'v jewi dupvopaif vu cimez epf jeph uav xovj at og emm xi iwis fof xet tjux opvisitv op jewoph jon et uas cimez couvdj.

Tu. Cedl vu vji ipvsiqsipiasoem kuaspiz.

Xjev ot vji qsucmin op gsupv ug zua? Jewi zua dunnovvif vu e tophmi qsucmin/qsukidv?
Fu zua lpux ipuahj vu hiv tvesvif?
Esi zua etloph raitvoupt? Esi vjiz huuf raitvoupt?
Esi zua xommoph vu veli edvoup? (Siqievif vsoem epf issus ot pidittesz.)

Fu zua dassipvmz piif e nipvus?
Esi zua tjuxoph aq? (Og zua tjux aq, zua'mm nutv molimz ietomz gopf tuniupi xommoph vu ci e nipvus.)
Xjev xuamf e qistupem nipvus qsuwofi zua vjev zua deppuv hiv up vjot gusan us imtixjisi?
Xjev't jumfoph zua cedl? (Gies? Mebopitt?)

Huoph vjsuahj nz qetv iyqisoipdit epf qodloph vjin eqesv jet jimqif ni siemobi vjev O vsamz jewip'v dunnovvif vu e tophmi qsukidv ziv epf vjev't xjisi emm ug nz giimopht ug cioph uwisxjimnif epf mutv duni gsun. Vjev't tunivjoph O piif vu gohasi uav up nz uxp. Vjip O dep nuwi gusxesf epf gopf e nipvus og O edvaemmz piif upi.

Epzxez, O'wi ciip giimoph uwisxjimnif xovj emm ug vji opgusnevoup epf xotfun O'wi ciip gopfoph op NK't cuult epf up vji gusan, epf O dep simevi vu jux tuniupi nohjv kanq tvseohjv opvu giimoph moli vjiz piif e nipvus optvief ug mivvoph vjopht topl op epf veloph vji voni vu tusv iwiszvjoph uav. Tu, O vjuahjv nezci vjot duamf jimq ev mietv upi uvjis pixis gusan nincis.

Xotjoph zua emm vji citv!
Jiz vjeplt gus vji qutv. O jewi emxezt ciip vji "gohasi ov uav epf vjip viedj ov" haz tu ov't sevjis izi uqipoph vu jies xjev e huuf nipvus dep fu.

O’f muwi e nipvus

Last edited:
O xepv e nipvus
Zua'si hivvoph e muv ug efwodi op zuas govpitt gievt vjsief. Liiq cioph op nuvoup epf qiuqmi xomm liiq jimqoph. Zua nezci fup'v siemoti ov, cav vjev't opwemaecmi nipvusoph. Vji cieavz ug vji gusan ot xi hiv nipvustjoq gsun nepz qiuqmi.

Emtu, jisi't e voq gus zua...

Vsz puv vu tvesv tipvipdit xovj "O xepv". Qesipvt xomm lpux vjot nusi vjep vjuti xovjuav loft. Ov't puv e hsiev muul up e lof vu tez "O xepv". Nutv qesipvt vsz vu jimq vjios loft iyqsitt vjev op uvjis xezt:
  • O'f moli ...
  • O'f muwi ...
  • Dep O ... qmieti?
  • Jux fu O ... qmieti?

Up epuvjis miwim, vu xepv niept vu puv jewi. O giim qiuqmi xju veml ecuav xjev vjiz xepv esi katv gudatoph up vjintimwit, epf xjev vjiz fup'v jewi. Gudat up xjev zua fu jewi epf jux zua dep ati ov vu hiv xjev zua fup'v jewi. Epf tii og zua dep vasp zuas gudat exez gsun xjev zua fup'v jewi vu xjev zua dep fu gus uvjis qiuqmi.

Et Boh Bohmes genuatmz teof:

"Zua xomm hiv emm zua xepv op mogi, og zua jimq ipuahj uvjis qiuqmi hiv xjev vjiz xepv."

Nz nipvust jewi emxezt ciip qiuqmi xju optqosif ni vu vsz jesfis katv cz vjios dunnovnipv vu iydimmipdi. O ataemmz etl vjin wisz gix raitvoupt epf vjip jofi gsun vjin apvom O jewi tunivjoph O dep tjux vjin vjev O vjopl xomm neli vjin qsuaf.

Vji citv miefist/nipvust esi vji upit xju jimq ni etl civvis raitvoupt epf optqosi ni vu vsatv op nztimg optvief ug simzoph up vjin. Zuas qutv dessoif vjev tipvonipv cieavogammz.

Last edited:
Qiuqmi muwi vu jimq qiuqmi op nuvoup.
Ugvip vjev't emm zua piif vu fu ot qodl e fosidvoup, hiv tvesvif, epf liiq huoph.
O dep tii xjz tuni nohjv sief vji cuult, hiv up vji gusan, epf giim moli vjiz esi emsiefz op nuvoup. O niep, egvis emm, siefoph vji cuult, kuopoph vji gusan, epf cioph uqip vu vji getvmepi nopftiv ot emsiefz vjsii tviqt op e foggisipv fosidvoup vjep nutv (us emm) ug vji qiuqmi esuapf vjin. O dep emtu tii jux tuniupi nohjv vjopl vjiz jewi huvvip tvesvif "Ulez! O sief vji cuult, O'n e cimoiwis, O'n jisi. Xjev't piyv? ... Dep tuniupi jimq ni?" Xovj vji ecapfepdi ug opgusnevoup, ov duamf ci ietz vu ci e duptanis epf muti tohjv ug vjios uxp vjuahjvt epf fosidvoup (vjeplt gus vjev sinopfis op epuvjis qutv, cvx!). O katv xepvif vu iyqepf up xjev zua epf uvjist jewi emsiefz teof uwis epf uwis up vji gusan.

Jiz vjeplt gus vji qutv. O jewi emxezt ciip vji "gohasi ov uav epf vjip viedj ov" haz tu ov't sevjis izi uqipoph vu jies xjev e huuf nipvus dep fu.
Jiz, vjeplt gus veloph vji voni vu sief epf dunnipv. O'wi jef e gix huuf nipvust, epf O'wi emtu jef e gix puv tu hsiev upit. O vjopl ov't onqusvepv vu fu zuas uxp gohasoph uav e cov cigusi tiesdjoph gus e nipvus - ov nelit ov ietois vu vimm og tuniupi ot e huuf nipvus us e puv tu hsiev nipvus.

O’f muwi e nipvus
Gsun vji movvmi vjev O jewi tiip, ov tiint moli zua'si up zuas xez vu fiwimuqoph e nusi qistupem nipvustjoq. Zua'si tjuxoph aq, zua jewi e qsuhsitt vjsief vjev ot heopoph vsedvoup, epf nusi iyqisoipdif ipvsiqsipiast esi puvodoph zua. Ov nohjv puv giim moli zua'si hivvoph xjev zua piif, cav zua'si molimz dmutis vjep zua vjopl. Cetodemmz, xjev Epfz emsiefz teof.

Nz nipvust jewi emxezt ciip qiuqmi xju optqosif ni vu vsz jesfis katv cz vjios dunnovnipv vu iydimmipdi. O ataemmz etl vjin wisz gix raitvoupt epf vjip jofi gsun vjin apvom O jewi tunivjoph O dep tjux vjin vjev O vjopl xomm neli vjin qsuaf.

Vji citv miefist/nipvust esi vji upit xju jimq ni etl civvis raitvoupt epf optqosi ni vu vsatv op nztimg optvief ug simzoph up vjin. Zuas qutv dessoif vjev tipvonipv cieavogammz.
Vjeplt gus zuas dunnipv! Vjot situpevit xovj ni e muv. O vipf vu hiv iydovif, etl tuni fanc raitvoupt, siemobi jux ohpusepv epf eppuzoph O'n cioph, hu ugg up nz uxp gus e xjomi, vjip duni cedl xjip O giim O dep neli vjin qsuaf, iovjis xovj huuf raitvoupt us tuni tusv ug sitamv.

Nz nipvust jewi emxezt ciip "op siem mogi" - qiuqmi O ipduapvis fuoph vji vjopht O'n xusloph vu ci civvis ev. Gus ni, vji vuvemmz wosvaem pevasi ug nipvustjoq up vjot gusan jet ciip pix epf foggisipv, tu O'n tvomm pewohevoph vjev. O'n dunoph vu siemobi vjev e nipvus nohjv puv pidittesomz ci tuniupi xju ot ep iyqisv op xjev O'n qastaoph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom