The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding problems to solve — product ideas.

Idea threads

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm finishing The Great Rat Race Escape and it feels like the next thing I have to learn is finding problems. So how can I learn to see and find them to make products? Are there any books or courses and etc.?

So your life is perfect?

Congratulations on achieving what few humans can accomplish, the perfect life with no problems, struggles, inconveniences, or issues.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 2, 2024
So your life is perfect?

Congratulations on achieving what few humans can accomplish, the perfect life with no problems, struggles, inconveniences, or issues.
My life isn't perfect because there are problems to which I have not yet found the solutions. I do notice inconveniences that could possibly be an opportunity, but it's always stuff like traffic. It sounds like a great idea(if solved) but I have absolutely no clue how to fix traffic.

Somehow the only problems I notice are the ones that I don't know how to solve. But I'm trying to observe products that people sell to maybe come up with something by analogy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
but I have absolutely no clue how to fix traffic.

That the point. You find problems and inconveniences. Most of them will be very hard to solve! If they were easy to solve, would it remain a problem for long? Wouldn’t someone else fix it already?

If you want to make it in Entrepreneurship, remember that you need to become an inventor. It’s not easy, never has been and never will be.

What steps can you take to become better at inventing solutions?

If that sounds too scary, can you rephrase it to the way @Andy Black says it “who can you help and get paid?”

An elderly couple who needs their driveway … what?

It’s that simple. Not easy, but simple.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.