What's new

Finding ways to differentiate myself from mature brands

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Over the past year, I have been flipping used wheels and tires (for a niche vehicle) on facebook marketplace. I've made several thousand dollars and want to take it to the next level and sell new sets.

Here is my plan:
I found a supplier that makes a wheel design, that is very close to one of the top selling design in my niche. This will save me money because I don't have to purchase a mold.
X amount of sets (their minimum order quantity) will be about 6k after sea shipping. This gives me a 3-4k profit potential.
I plan to sell them on a website.

Here are things I did to test my market:
I posted on this niche facebook group (78,000 members, not sure how many are active and how many actually saw my post) asking if I was to make a design mixed of these two top selling wheels for an affordable price if they be interested. I also posted on a forum the same thing ( the forum is basically dead).
I had 17 people straight up tell me they are interested, 1 person sent me a DM saying they would want 5-10 sets if I made them at the price I said I would. The other 5 said they would be interested after they saw the final design and the quality. The last 2 said it's messed up of me to rip off someones design.

Here is the problem:
There are two wheel companies in my niche that are established and have a good following. Think of them as how people see "name brands". They are both constantly sold out even though they sell at a very high price.
My design is very similar to theirs, almost too close, which makes me think I'll be getting some hate because I "copied them and am trying to rip off their design".

Here is another problem:
In this facebook group, I said I would sell them for X price, but after adding up all the costs it will definitely be more than that (still significantly cheaper than the mature brands).
I think most people said they were interested only because of the unrealistic price I said I would sell them for .

Now my main question:
How can I differentiate myself in a market that already has mature brands, when the product itself is not much different?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Pux nz neop raitvoup:
Jux dep O foggisipvoevi nztimg op e nesliv vjev emsiefz jet nevasi csepft, xjip vji qsufadv ovtimg ot puv nadj foggisipv?

Qisjeqt zua tjuamf siduptofis vszoph vu meapdj e ni-vuu qsufadv xovjuav e dmies foggisipvoevoup. Og zua xepv vu qatj ejief, fof zua sief aptdsoqvif? Vjisi esi e gix djeqvist up wemai tlix vjisi. Vjev tjuamf howi zua tuni iydimmipv fosidvoup.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom