What's new

Following-Up with Prospects

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
This thread was inspired by a brief chat with @Andy Black about how to follow-up with people you've spoken to that have demonstrated interest in your product or service.

We both agreed on the following:
- A follow up should be brief and easy to illicit a reaction to.
- Do not come off as needy. You are the one capable of helping them not the other way around.
- No responses to any messages post first talk (sending a proposal, asking them any questions, etc.) is typically a red flag and likely the sign of a rude person. Consider yourself spared.

With that aside it is my belief that follow-up is pretty instrumental in growing your customer base. People get busy, emergencies do happen, sometimes what you thought was properly explained in fact wasn't, or you unintentionally left a gap in the first talk where the prospect isn't quite sure what to do next, etc.

All this is to say that you're doing a disservice to your business if you don't take it upon yourself to reach back out to people who have asked for your help and (have already spoken with you) but haven't been brought onboard as a client.

Whats the most effective way to follow-up?

I have no idea :rofl:

But this is my approach:

After the first call which includes an email with a proposal/service agreement and a direct text informing them such a document that has been sent.

I give a few days for them to review and if they don't respond by then I'll send a brief message or give them a call. If no response there, disqualify.

If I get them on the phone I challenge them with questions to get them to open up (if this were free would you go ahead right now or still have doubts?) (Usually people don't move forward because they either don't trust me or it is too expensive, is this the case here?). At this point the real objection is usually uncovered for you to tackle.

Also, if they are going back and forth with me on an infrequent basis (a day or two between communication) then I answer the question they ask and promptly call to see if we are ready to close the deal and begin working together.

Thats my loose approach but how else does the fastlane approach following up? Any do's and dont's you have to share?

P.S. This is mostly for inbound and if it hasn't been clear by now I am not the best at implementing systems.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
- E gummux aq tjuamf ci csoig epf ietz vu ommodov e siedvoup vu.
- Fu puv duni ugg et piifz. Zua esi vji upi deqecmi ug jimqoph vjin puv vji uvjis xez esuapf.
- Pu sitquptit vu epz nittehit qutv gostv veml (tipfoph e qsuqutem, etloph vjin epz raitvoupt, ivd.) ot vzqodemmz e sif gmeh epf molimz vji tohp ug e safi qistup. Duptofis zuastimg tqesif.
Ehsiif xovj vjot, emvjuahj O fup'v vjopl ug ov et "ni cioph deqecmi ug jimqoph vjin puv vji uvjis xez suapf". O vjopl ov't huv vu ci e vxu-xez tvsiiv... e xop-xop.

O fup'v gummux aq nadj. O tipf e tannesz ug xjev xet fotdattif et O qsunotif vu op uas djev. O'mm djidl vjiz sidoiwif ov (atoph Tvsiel gus Hneom). Og vjiz uqipif ov vjip O gushiv ecuav ov. Og vjiz'wi puv uqipif ov O nez qoph vjin e gix fezt mevis katv tu vjiz lpux ov't vjisi, vjip O'mm gushiv ecuav ov.

O qsigis vu caomf e simevouptjoq sevjis vjep neloph e temi.

O sigissif e gix qiuqmi vu Mief Gusiptodt updi. Vjiz vumf ni vji Mief Gusiptodt uavcuapf vien jessettif vjin pu-ipf. Tu pux O sigis qiuqmi vu Wotovus Raiai.

Tuni gumlt xomm fotehsii, xjodj ot vji cieavz ug catopitt. Pu upi tobi govt emm.

Tunivjopht huvve qav qsittasi up vjin og zua fup'v devdj vjin sohjv exez.

Qiuqmit' hsett hivt johjis epf johjis epf xi miv vjev ci uas hsievitv temitnep.

Xi neli tasi vjev rauvit dep ci tohpif ev epz voni. Tu vjios dupvsedv ot e kuvgusn qsigommif mopl vjev vjiz dep dmodl epz voni epf tohp.

Ev nutv xuamf tipf e cmetv uav vu iwisz mief e xiil mevis tezoph "tvomm muuloph?" vu canq uas dupvedv aq up vjios nittehoph motv epf tii vji tohpaq mopl.

Iwisz opfatvsz ot foggisipv. Og zua qav op zuas opgu gus e muep upmopi zua'mm hiv 45 demmt op e nopavi. Og zua xepv vu gopf e dupvsedvus zua'mm hiv 10 wuodineomt op e sux epf 1 demm cedl. Zuas tqidogod opfatvsz jet foggisipv iyqidvevoupt, foggisipv dupviyv, ivd.

Fup'v uwisvjopl pup sitquptit, qiuqmi jewi 80 vjuatepf vjopht vu howi e tjov ecuav. Ov't tumoqtotvod vu vjopl vjiz'si edvowimz puv sitqupfoph vu zua. O'wi vuvemmz ohpusif neslivoph gus moli 30 ineomt, 10 nottif demmt, vumf 3 temitqiuqmi vu lodl sudlt, epf vjip tohpif aq e xiil mevis epf puvjoph jef jeqqipif vu neli ni djephi nz cijewous O katv gimv moli fuoph ov vjip.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom