The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For all fellow wantrapreneurs

Anything related to matters of the mind

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
I have just read this on reddit and wanted to copy it here, to increase its reach.

It is well written in my opinion.

"If you read this sub for even just a few days, you'll see dozens of questions posed by people exploring the idea of entrepreneurship:

• How can I make an extra $1000 per month?
  • I have $100,000 and I want to start a business - what should I do?
  • My job/life/finances suck and I think starting a business would fix it - how do I do this?
These are the WRONG questions. You could put any amount of money or any amount of desperation in there, and it's still the wrong question.

Instead, you need to ask:

1. What problem would I enjoy solving for people?
  2. What do I know about or love learning about that would be valuable to others?
  3. What product or service could I build that I could do a great job of?
  4. What experiences, books, habits, resources, or personal connections might make 1, 2, and 3 more attainable and successful?
  5. Once I've developed something, how will people who value it find out about me?
If you can answer those questions well and execute on them, it will make $1000 a month look small. Once you've set out on a path, keep working at it. You won't build Rome in a day, and it's a marathon, not a sprint. Look to make incremental progress every week. Focus relentlessly on first developing your minimum viable product. Once you have that, pour everything into client acquisition and making it easy for people who value your services/products to find you.

The consulting business I started as a side hustle is bringing in $250k in revenue and $170k in profit each year, and still growing. I'm still working on figuring out scaling and driving growth. But I know I'm asking the right questions."

Very fundamental (and probably why it needs to be kept in mind with effort)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Dec 5, 2020
You need to pick something and just go out and do the thing.

Right now you are just a tire kicker that’s inspecting every business and then deciding it’s not good enough.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
You need to pick something and just go out and do the thing.

Right now you are just a tire kicker that’s inspecting every business and then deciding it’s not good enough.
Sustaining effort goes deeper than that.

There are thousands of ways to earn money. People sell matches or services to reach orbit, to earn money.

Which of these can you enjoy for a sustainable period of time?

You can sell skiing equipment of course, but if you do not like cold, that will probably be a huge drain on you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.