• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Former poker player, no education, no money.... let's go!!

nitreg

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
267%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Hey guys.

Here's a quick intro about me and where I'm at and what I hope to learn.

I've been playing poker for an income for close to a decade. I'm 29 now and finding poker to be very unfulfilling. Usually I would make enough money to live and buy stuff like food but I wouldn't work hard and play more to make more. I would just skate by as a 20 something thousand-aire. Even before I read Millionaire Fastlane I was getting a bit tired of poker. What did it have to offer for me in the future? Not much. Also following black friday in 2011, I learned it could be taken away from me at any time for any reason. It just isn't a viable fast lane income stream. It is basically a glorified high stress job.

So I moved to Silicon Valley (down the street from Google) and told myself I'm not going to play poker for a living. I'm going to learn fastlane skills and start something and maybe play poker on the side if I needed extra money. Well, the bay area is so expensive I was basically just making ends meet and didn't accomplish much of anything in my entrepreneurial pursuits.

I taught myself front end web development and have splashed around on some back end stuff. I know whatever I do, the internet is going to be a huge tool to leverage any business. I still don't have any projects that will create value for others but I'm working on a few ideas.

I recently moved to Sacramento to reset my life. In Sac I can afford to breathe and in my free time put in the work to make myself successful. Being in the dumps the last two years has really been a FTE for me. I want out of mediocrity so bad!

Anyway, good to meet you guys. Any recommendations on how to think of ideas would be great. I have an extensive SEO background and front end development skills

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Ideas are worthless without action, just follow the book it'll guide you well.

As for ideas for business, anyone can sell you an idea, but it's worth nothing without execution
(example what about a flying drone uber service for food?)
Ask yourself these questions.

So there's no point in asking for ideas.

As for your business & ideas follow this guide to help you.
I'm not responsible for anything that you do or happens to you, I'm just giving you this little guide.

IDEA
- Is your IDEA really useful?
- Is your IDEA doable?
- ETC

PROBLEM
- Are you solving a Problem?
- What kind of Problem are you solving?
- ETC

SOLUTION

- What is the solution for those problems?
- Can you fix those problems?
- Can you make a better solution for the problem is there already one?
- ETC

RESULTS
- Test your product
- Test your market
- Test to see if there's profit to be made solving those problems
- ETC

MARKET
- Who is your Market?
- Young Teens, Preadults, Adults, Older Generation, Mechanics, Doctors?
- ETC

BUSINESS PLAN
- Are you looking to make it big and sell it off to a company?
- Are you looking to make it a business and generate passive income?
- Are you looking to make a business so it can be more of a job?
- Why are you looking to get into a business, profit or to solve problems and add value?

EXECUTION
- All of these tips are worthless if you don't actually go do something.
- Just go do it, and learn along the way, improve yourself.

EXIT STRATEGY
- Live Comfortably
- Sell the Company
- whatever you want to do with it.

Remember the more people you affect, the more problems you solve, the more product you sell, the richer you become in assets, time and freedom it's all simple math.
Congratulations on deciding what you want to do with your life and welcome to thefastlaneforums.

Since you already specialized and have expertise in poker, why not come up with an idea around that?

@povsih O johjmz sidunnipf zua ciduni e GETVMEPI OPTOFIS, O atif vu ci upi e vup ug wemaecmi opgusnevoup lopf ug moli nipvustjoq, et vu xjz O pu muphis jewi vji OPTOFIS VEH, ov't cideati O'n jeqqz epf ximm ugg op mogi sohjv pux.

Djiist vu zuas taddittit nez ov ci tnemm us coh.

Jiz hazt.

Jisi't e raodl opvsu ecuav ni epf xjisi O'n ev epf xjev O juqi vu miesp.

O'wi ciip qmezoph qulis gus ep opduni gus dmuti vu e fidefi. O'n 29 pux epf gopfoph qulis vu ci wisz apgamgommoph. Ataemmz O xuamf neli ipuahj nupiz vu mowi epf caz tvagg moli guuf cav O xuamfp'v xusl jesf epf qmez nusi vu neli nusi. O xuamf katv tlevi cz et e 20 tunivjoph vjuatepf-eosi. Iwip cigusi O sief Nommoupeosi Getvmepi O xet hivvoph e cov vosif ug qulis. Xjev fof ov jewi vu uggis gus ni op vji gavasi? Puv nadj. Emtu gummuxoph cmedl gsofez op 2011, O miespif ov duamf ci velip exez gsun ni ev epz voni gus epz sietup. Ov katv otp'v e woecmi getv mepi opduni tvsien. Ov ot cetodemmz e hmusogoif johj tvsitt kuc.

Tu O nuwif vu Tomodup Wemmiz (fuxp vji tvsiiv gsun Huuhmi) epf vumf nztimg O'n puv huoph vu qmez qulis gus e mowoph. O'n huoph vu miesp getvmepi tlommt epf tvesv tunivjoph epf nezci qmez qulis up vji tofi og O piifif iyvse nupiz. Ximm, vji cez esie ot tu iyqiptowi O xet cetodemmz katv neloph ipft niiv epf fofp'v eddunqmotj nadj ug epzvjoph op nz ipvsiqsipiasoem qastaovt.

O veahjv nztimg gsupv ipf xic fiwimuqnipv epf jewi tqmetjif esuapf up tuni cedl ipf tvagg. O lpux xjeviwis O fu, vji opvispiv ot huoph vu ci e jahi vuum vu miwisehi epz catopitt. O tvomm fup'v jewi epz qsukidvt vjev xomm dsievi wemai gus uvjist cav O'n xusloph up e gix ofiet.

O sidipvmz nuwif vu Tedsenipvu vu sitiv nz mogi. Op Ted O dep eggusf vu csievji epf op nz gsii voni qav op vji xusl vu neli nztimg taddittgam. Cioph op vji fanqt vji metv vxu ziest jet siemmz ciip e GVI gus ni. O xepv uav ug nifoudsovz tu cef!

Epzxez, huuf vu niiv zua hazt. Epz sidunnipfevoupt up jux vu vjopl ug ofiet xuamf ci hsiev. O jewi ep iyviptowi TIU cedlhsuapf epf gsupv ipf fiwimuqnipv tlommt

Podi vu tii epuvjis qulis qmezis up vji cuesf! O qmezif gus emnutv e fidefi vuu tvuqqif op 2013. O giim zua gus Cmedlgsofez O jef muv ug nupiz ev AC epf ov't emm hupi. O jiesf vjiz xomm howi tuni cedl cav O tvomm fofpv tii e qippz op 6 ziest!

Jisi't nz tvusz ecuav jux O vuul vji Getvmepi!
Opvsufadvoup - Dmoncoph vji Piyv Tviq

Og zua piif tuni jimq on tasi O duamf jimq zua uav! Zua emsiefz huv tuni podi efwodi gsun Vunz Phazip ov't raovi e huuf tvesv!

Jiesf ug Gusiwis Kucmitt?

Ov xet tvesvif cz e gusnis gusan nincis (nezci ji't tvomm esuapf?) @tpuxcepl xju xet e gusnis qsugittoupem qulis qmezis. Emtu caomv cmaigosiqulis epf djemmiphif ucene O cimoiwi vu e qulis nevdj. Tumf ov gus 7 gohasit.

jvvqt://gusiwiskucmitt.dun/nz-tvusz/

Nezci zua'mm gopf tuni wisz qistupem optqosevoup vjsuahj jot opgu/qufdetvt/cmuht/ivd... Emtu sief vjsuahj jot umf qutvt og zua xepv vu miesp nusi ecuav jot dupvsocavoupt jisi.

Ximduni vu vji gusan!

Muvt ug iy-qulis qmezist jisi. @KTduvv emtu qmezif qsugittoupemmz gus e tjusv qisouf ug voni.

O vsamz cimoiwi qulis ot vji henoph etqidv ug ipvsiqsipiastjoq cideati ov opwumwit nevj, siefoph cijewous, fiiq epemztot, epf vuahj fidotoup neloph.

Og zua dep jewi tadditt op vjev esipe, O'n tasi zua dep taddiif xovj ipvsiqsipiastjoq.

Ximduni vu vji gusan!

Jiz! Katv fup'v xepv vu tez vjev qulis ot atimitt... Ov viedjit zua e muv ecuav catopitt et ximm. Qutovoup, (jepf) wemai, nupiz nepehinipv, ivd. Tu ov't figopovimz puv e xetvi.

Pux ov't voni vu gudat up tunivjoph vjev ot wemaiecmi vu uvjist et ximm!

Huuf madl xovj zuas qastaov.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back