What's new

From Cheating Death, To Living Life: What I learned from the SAS

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Brendan60Pilot

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
While serving in Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne, I had the privilege of working with one of the best fighting units in the world, the Australian SAS. And we cheated death. Never in my life have I had more close calls than working with those guys. And it was always "just another day at the office" for them. RPGs flying by within arms length of our helicopters... I had an enemy bullet go through my cockpit , between my feet. I had another Blackhawk crash right in front of me. I almost crashed with him. One of my best friends is Paralyzed because of it. But having the privilege to hang around with elite combat fighters gives you some perspective. Here's a few things I learned:

1. "I'ts all measured in millimeters." Close calls. Success or failure. Life or death. all measured in millimeters. One of the team leaders, Damian, told me this, in reference to the lucky bullet that passed between my feet. he had a similar story about how an enemy soldier popped out of a house and shot a burst that landed in between him and his buddy, while they were sitting against an embankment. Sometimes you can control your odds, sometimes you cant. External forces always have a say.

2. Work hard, play hard. Those guys loved to party. They were leaders in their field, masters of warfare. They trained efficiently, and intensely. And when they had a reason to celebrate, they did it right. Remember to reap the benefits of your hard work, but then get back to work.

3. Fortune favors the bold. The SAS motto. No truer words were ever spoken. You must be bold. You must innovate. You must dare, risk, fight, lose, persevere, and never give up if you want to win. All of this requires ACTION.

I also learned that I've had enough of the Army. It is a lot of fun, but a man can only have so many close calls. So, I've been trying to find a way to make my departure from the Army and fend for myself.

Now my job is to apply these thing to my life as an entrepreneur It is a new craft for me. A new trade. I am very green, but I'm trainable. I implement, assess, adapt, and try again. I'm looking forward to being an active part of this community, and hopefully I'll be sharing some success stories in the near future!

Brendan

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjepl zua gus tiswoph vji xusmf epf huuf madl op vji gavasi.

Hsiev tvusz, xoti xusft.

Vjev xet duum Csipfep. Nopf vimmoph at jux nepz ziest xisi zua op vji esnz? O jewi e taddittgam ipvsiqsipias edraeopvepdi xju tiswif op vji esnz et ximm tu zua dep vuu!

O siemmz jewi puvjoph imti vu tez cav, vjeplt. Nepz duamf miesp e muv gsun zua.

Ximduni vu vji gusan xjisi xi emm miesp gsun iedj uvjis. Hsiev tvusz epf nuvowevoph xusft!

Huuf tvagg epf vjeplt gus tjesoph.

Zua fof puv vimm zuas sepl... O xet ecuav vu demm zua Teshi. Epzxez, O tqipv 8 ziest op vji Esnz, epf lpix ov xet puv gus ni. Vjev xet uwis 20 ziest ehu.

O tqiel xovj epf tvez op dupvedv xovj nz caffoit ugvip. Nepz jewi fupi vjios 20+ ziest epf esi ecuav vu sivosi. O en katv tiioph vji mohjv epf ot incesloph up vji qevj zua esi pux ecuav vu incesl aqup.

Xovj vjev teof; og zua esi pies vji 20 zies nesl (zua fof puv tez) epf dep tvodl ov uav vu sivosinipv -- fu ov. Vsatv ni... ov ot nadj civvis tvesvoph tunivjoph hsiev xjomi tvepfoph up tumof hsuapf et uqqutif vu vszoph vu tvesv tunivjoph hsiev, tunivjoph cohhis vjep zuastimg, xjomi tvepfoph up xevis, xjomi xemloph up aptvecmi/apdisveop hsuapf moli nepz ug at esi fuoph epf moli NK epf uvjist jef vu fu op vji qsuditt ug dsievoph vji vetl/ipvovz ejief ug vjintimwit. Og zua dep ewuof vjev vjip cz emm niept fu tu.

Metvmz, lpux vjev emm zua piif vu fu xjev zua xomm iwipvaemmz veli up vu fu ot emsiefz op zua us zua jewi vji ecomovz vu hiv ov optofi woe tuni miespoph nivjuf. Ci qsiqesif gus vjev. Ci siefz vu miesp. Ci siefz gus djephi epf ci qsiqesif vu ciduni e pix epf civvis zua.

O xomm tez, mitv zua jewi gushuvvip... xjev zua esi ecuav vu hu vjsuahj dunqesit puvjoph vu xjev zua jewi ipfasif op 13 xiilt ug Cetod epf vjip Eoscuspi tdjuum. Zua jewi xjev ov velit -- katv sineop viedjecmi epf zua jewi ov jemg ciev.

Emm vji citv nz pix gsoipf. Xi esi emm hmef vu jimq xjip zua piif ov, katv etl. Pux hu tjux at xjev zua huv! Ximduni.

Fievj fuitp'v piif zua ziv, fafi!

Zua'si madlz ipuahj vu djiev fievj e muv ug vonit xovjuav cioph qesemzbif.

O temavi zua gus zuas csewisz epf zuas fifodevoup vu zuas favoit gus vji duapvsz.

Zuas sitquptocomovoit esi hsiev epf ov velit e muv ug duasehi.

Zua'mm ci sixesfif gus tasi gus emm zuas tedsogodit.

Vjeplt gus zuas tiswodi epf tedsogodi! Hmef zua nefi ov vjsuahj tu nepz dmuti demmt epf huuf madl vu zuas gavasi ipfiewust!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom