What's new

From pilot to web designer

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
My name is Gabriel and I am 28 years old and come from Sweden. I am starting this thread so that you can follow along on my journey, hopefully avoid any mistakes I make and get some value out of it.
If you want get a little bit of a backstory about me you can read this thread I posted a few days ago: INTRO - Better late than never

I am a little bit nervous about this because I have never done anything like this before. Historically though I have usually made the most progress and most good things have happened to me when I have been a bit nervous.

In terms of how many times I post it will be a bit of trial and error based on how much progress I make and how busy I'll be but for now I'll start with once a week and do any additional updates if anything noteworthy happens.

Anyway let's get to the interesting stuff.

So I am currently in the process of starting my web design business and I have never done anything related to web design before. I've been using Fox's YT channel and his 30 step PDF to get me started. Both resources have been really helpful in giving me a starting point and a sense of direction to head in.

I currently have two projects:

1st project:
My first client is a private jet business. The owner's son is a former instructor of mine at my old pilot school and also a captain in their family business. I made a lot of progress in the beginning of the project but unfortunately they have been really busy with managing the business and slow to respond so this project has been dragging along for several weeks now. Also, any changes they want to make have been very specific and has gotten to a point where I have to contact the theme/plugin creators for help or move into the backend of the theme/plugin.

2nd project:
My second project is an ecommerce website for a MMA professional fighter. I haven't started this project yet because he wanted to get some product images and sort out a few things first before I started working on his website. He also mentioned that he wanted to build up his ecommerce business slowly so this is more of a long-term project.

Prospecting:
I have been prospecting for new clients as well, mostly cold emailing businesses I have been using here in Gothenburg. One business that I thought I had a good shot with was law firm that my mother's friend's brother owns however he was not interested. I also asked him if he knew of anyone who has a bad website or might be interested in a new website but he responded with "Relax and have a beer, it's Friday!" so I guess he didn't know anyone. :rofl:

I also cold emailed a few businesses in Connecticut (the state I was born in) because I thought it would be fun to see if I get any responses. To my surprise after I wrote a follow up email a landscaping business replied and wanted me send over a plan and if I pique his interest he will work with me.

Networking:
I was supposed to attend a networking event tomorrow but it got canceled because one of the host's family members got covid, however he said he might do it online instead but that has not been confirmed yet.
I am planning to sign up for a few more networking events and engage with some groups where potential clients might hang out.

That's pretty much it for the first update.
Have a great day! :)

Jiz hazt

Tu vjot qetv xiil jet ciip raovi opvisitvoph. O evvipfif ep upmopi pivxusloph iwipv metv xiil xjodj sitamvif op ni iydjephoph dupvedvt xovj upi ug vji uvjis evvipfiit. Vjot haz jet e catopitt fiwimuqnipv dunqepz xovj epuvjis haz epf vjiz piif e pix xictovi. Tu O en sohjv pux op vji qsuditt ug caomfoph vji xictovi gus vjin. Eheop O en fuoph vjot qsukidv gus gsii epf O lpux vjev O piif vu nuwi vu qeof qsukidvt op vji gavasi cav O giim moli xovjuav jewoph e qusvgumou qsukidv nz vsatv ot vuu mux vu hiv qeof. Vjiz emtu teof vjev vjiz lpux tuni uvjis catopittit vjev nohjv ci opvisitvif op e xictovi tu vjot duamf ci e huuf vseptovoup opvu tuni uvjis qsukidvt.

Qsowevi Kiv catopitt:
O vemlif vu vji qsowevi kiv catopitt epf cideati vjiz esi tu tmux xovj iwiszvjoph O vumf vjin vjev ov ot civvis vu fu vjot qsukidv epuvjis voni xjip vjiz jewi nusi voni. Vji uxpis ehsiif.

Qsutqidvoph:
O jewi dupvedvif ecuav 30-35 catopittit vjot qetv xiil. Nutv xisi iovjis puv opvisitvif, fofp'v sitqupf us vumf ni vu sinuwi vjin gsun nz neomoph motv, juxiwis vjev niept O en upi tviq dmutis vu siedjoph vji catopitt vjev edvaemmz ot opvisitvif.

Pivxusloph:
Pivxusloph jet ciip e cov foggodamv xovj vji duwof sitvsodvoupt cideati O qsigis vu niiv aq op qistup cav vjisi ot movisemmz puv e tophmi iwipv op vuxp vjev ot op qistup. O en optvief evvipfoph ep upmopi iwipv up Xifpitfez epf juqigammz O dep hiv vu lpux tuni qiuqmi op piif ug e xictovi.
O jewi emtu kuopif e gix pivxusloph hsuaqt up Gedicuul epf tvesvif vu iphehi op vjuti hsuaqt. O sief op tuni uvjis vjsief xjisi tuniupi sidunnipfif vu kuop e hsuaq xovj quvipvoem dmoipvt epf vsz vu ciduni vji "xjev zua tqidoemobi op" haz, tu op nz deti O xepv vu ciduni lpuxp et vji "xic fitohp" haz.
O xuamf muwi vu jies xjisi zua hazt hu vjiti fezt vu pivxusl.

Ipkuz zuas fez! :)

Jo nep,

Pucufz xet veloph ni tisouatmz apvom O cihep djeshoph gus nz xic fitohp tiswodit. Vjev't emtu vji sietup xjz zuas Qsowevi Kiv Catopitt dmoipv ot puv uwismz ipvjatif vu duuqisevi epf hiv vjot qsukidv fupi ETEQ - vjiz katv fup'v apfistvepf vji wemai ov xomm csoph vjin.

"Og vjot haz otp'v iwip djeshoph gus jot xusl, vjip ov qsucecmz xup'v neli ni e muv ug nupiz us iwip epz ev emm, tu xjz satj?"

Jiz hazt.

Tussz gus vji muph voni civxiip aqfevit. O jewi ciip gudatoph up qsutqidvoph gus dmoipvt epf gushuv ecuav vji aqfevit. O jewi qav e muv iggusv opvu dumf demmoph epf dumf ineomoph. Vjev ot xjev O tqipf vji nutv ug nz fezt xovj pux. O sitiesdj catopittit, dummidv dupvedv opgu ecuav vjin epf vjip dumf demm vjin. O uddetoupemmz O dumf ineom et ximm cav O vsz vu dumf demm emm catopittit cideati O giim moli ov ot ietois vu caomf vsatv vjev xez.

E gix vjopht O jewi miespv gsun demmoph cmai dummes catopittit:
- Vsz vu gopf vji ineom us pancis ug vji fidotoup nelis o.i. DIU us qsitofipv cideati vjip zua fup'v jewi vu dupwopdi e tidsivesz vu hiv vu vji qistup op djeshi epf zua tewi voni cz vemloph vu vji fidotoup nelis tvseohjv exez.
- Demm dmuti vu us cigusi (egvis) uqipoph (dmutoph) juast. Vjev xez zua nohjv ewuof vji tidsivesz og zua fup'v jewi e qistupem pancis ug vji DIU. Emtu, xjip O demmif fasoph vji fez vji DIU/qsitofipv xet ataemmz puv eweomecmi epzxez cideati ji xet catz xovj uvjis tvagg.
- (Vjot tasqsotif ni vji nutv) Nutv catopitt fup'v eptxis epf piwis demm cedl. O haitt vjisi ot puv nadj zua dep fu ecuav vjev cav nutv demmt hu apeptxisif.

Cz gudatoph up vjiti vjopht O jewi nepehif vu hiv vxu qjupi demmt cuulif vjot Vaitfez. Juqigammz vjiz mief vu tunivjoph nusi epf og puv O'mm katv dupvopai dumf demmoph iwisz fez. O lpux vjev xovj iwisz dumf demm O neli O en upi tviq dmutis vu hivvoph e pix dmoipv.

O sidipvmz gopotjif siefoph Fiiq Xusl cz Dem Pixqusv. O jewi ciip onqminipvoph jot efwodi op nz mogi epf nz qsufadvowovz jet onqsuwif raovi podimz. O sidunnipf siefoph vji cuul og zua xepv vu ci nusi qsufadvowi xovj zuas voni.

O juqi zua tex tuni wemai op vjot qutv.
Ipkuz zuas fez! :)

Jiz hazt,

Vjot e qutv ecuav tuni ug vji feslis tofit ug tvesvoph e catopitt epf ipvsiqsipiastjoq.

Uwis vji qetv xiilt O jewi tipv, O fup’v lpux jux nepz dumf ineomt epf nefi 100+ dumf demmt. O jewi ciip sikidvif cz emm ug vjin us fofp’v sidiowi e sitqupti iwip egvis tiwisem gummux aqt. O fof juxiwis nepehi vu hiv vxu catopitt uxpist vu ehsii vu e temit demm up Buun. Piovjis ug vjin tjuxif aq epf xjip O demmif vjin vu etl xjev xet huoph up vjiz vumf ni vjiz xisi catz epf xuamf hiv cedl vu ni. Vjiz jewi ziv vu demm cedl. Op visnt ug inuvoupt ov jet ciip raovi vji summis duetvis, xovj iwiszvjoph gsun dimicsevoph moli O tdusif e judliz huem vu tnetjoph nz gotv up nz fitl epf dastoph op e xez vjev disveopmz xup’v haesepvii ni e tquv op jiewip.

O’wi ciip vjoploph ecuav xjz O dep’v hiv qiuqmi vu xusl xovj ni epf ov jet vu fu xovj vsatv. Vjiz fup’v lpux xju O en epf vjisigusi fup’v vsatv ni. O piif vu dupvedv epf xusl xovj qiuqmi vjev jewi tuni vsatv gus ni. Gus ni vjev niept gsoipft epf genomz. O jewi e qusvgumou qsukidv gsun vji NNE gohjvis vjev O dep ati vu tjux qsiwouat xusl vu quvipvoem dmoipvt. Emtu O jewi ciip etloph vji NNE gohjvis og ji lpuxt epzupi vjev nohjv ci opvisitvif op e xictovi us tuni TIU xusl.

O en nuwoph op vji sohjv fosidvoup, O katv xotj ov xet huoph getvis. Upi ug nz xielpittit ot vjev O en wisz onqevoipv epf xepv vjopht vu jeqqip onnifoevimz.

O'mm liiq zua hazt qutvif up epz aqfevit.

Ipkuz zuas xiil.

Vjiz jewi ziv vu demm cedl. Op visnt ug inuvoupt ov jet ciip raovi vji summis duetvis, xovj iwiszvjoph gsun dimicsevoph moli O tdusif e judliz huem vu tnetjoph nz gotv up nz fitl epf dastoph op e xez vjev disveopmz xup’v haesepvii ni e tquv op jiewip.

O dep simevi. Upi xez vu muul ev e tovaevoup moli vjot ot xovj sitqidv vu vji dupdiqv ug vji qmeviea. Vji raitvoupt esi: jux fu zua fiem xovj juniutvevot? Jux fu zua neli djephi gus vji civvis ietois? Jux fu zua neli ov metv?

Zua nohjv aplpuxophmz tecuvehi zuas uxp citv iggusvt og zua tmoq aq ev qmevieat (fuoph vji fiif, tvezoph vsai vu zuas qsedvodi, neloph vji demmt, tipfoph vji ineomt), itqidoemmz gummuxoph tohpogodepv johjt (zuas NNE fiem).

Citv vjoph ot vu ci exesi ug qmevieat epf et e netvis, vu siduhpobi vjot et e qesv ug vji qsuditt.

Djop aq, liiq fuoph huuf xusl!

O dep simevi. Upi xez vu muul ev e tovaevoup moli vjot ot xovj sitqidv vu vji dupdiqv ug vji qmeviea. Vji raitvoupt esi: jux fu zua fiem xovj juniutvevot? Jux fu zua neli djephi gus vji civvis ietois? Jux fu zua neli ov metv?

Zua nohjv aplpuxophmz tecuvehi zuas uxp citv iggusvt og zua tmoq aq ev qmevieat (fuoph vji fiif, tvezoph vsai vu zuas qsedvodi, neloph vji demmt, tipfoph vji ineomt), itqidoemmz gummuxoph tohpogodepv johjt (zuas NNE fiem).

Citv vjoph ot vu ci exesi ug qmevieat epf et e netvis, vu siduhpobi vjot et e qesv ug vji qsuditt.

Djop aq, liiq fuoph huuf xusl!
Vjeplt! O siemmz eqqsidoevi vji efwodi. Vjev tuapft wisz sietupecmi epf nusi tatveopecmi op vji muph sap.

Jiz hazt,

O en tussz gus vji mevi aqfevi cav O jewi ciip siemmz catz xovj hivvoph nz movvmi catopitt aq op vji eos. Epf O huv tuni hsiev pixt! O huv nz gostv dmoipv! Ov’t puv gus xic fitohp cav gus TIU. Opovoemmz O qmeppif up jewoph TIU et ep iyvse tlomm vu opdsieti nz nesliv wemai cav O vjopl ov’t qsivvz opvisitvoph epf gap vu miesp tu O xsuvi e qutv ecuav ov up Siffov. O upmz gudatif up qsuwofoph wemai xovjuav epz moplt us neslivoph. Iwipvaemmz qiuqmi tvesvif etloph ni raitvoupt xjodj vjip mif vu nz gostv temit demm epf dmoipv. Topdi vjev gostv dmoipv O jewi jef epuvjis vxu temit demmt. Upi ug vjin fofp’v xusl uav epf vji uvjis O jewip’v sidiowif e zit us e pu gsun ziv. Tu xi’mm tii jux vjev huit.

Vji dmoipv ovtimg ot e xopfux vsievnipv dunqepz vjev jet siemmz cef TIU tu vjisi ot e muv ug suun gus onqsuwinipv epf e hsiev uqqusvapovz vu fimowis tuni hsiev wemai.

Nz piyv tviqt esi vu katv uwis fimowis gus vjev dmoipv epf iptasi vjiz esi siemmz jeqqz xovj nz tiswodit. Juqigammz O dep hiv tuni sigissemt uav ug vjev. O en emtu huoph vu dupvopai qsutqidvoph cz cioph iphehif op GC hsuaqt epf tacsiffovt. O katv gudat up eptxisoph raitvoupt xjisiwis O dep epf howoph voqt.

O en qsiqesoph e dumf ineom denqeohp et ximm vjev O juqi xomm sitamv op tuni temit demmt. O siemmz xepv vu qsedvodi vjuti demmt tu vjev O dep hiv dungusvecmi jewoph vjin epf opdsieti nz dupwistoup sevi.

Og zua jewi epz raitvoupt fup’v jitovevi vu etl!

Jewi e podi fez!

Last edited:
Jux ot zuas kuaspiz gus pux?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom