What's new

Geo-arbitrage: a food product

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Master K. Stone

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hello, everyone!

I don't post often on the forum as I am a man of few words. So I'll briefly explain what my situation is and how my business is going.
I arrived in the USA 4 years ago (from a third-world country) as a student and could not work on a business as it would go against my VISA stipulations.

I got a one-year extension on my VISA that allowed me more leeway. I came from severe poverty, and I do not want to go back to that. Right now, there seems to be no long-term way for me to stay in America legally and long term. This might be my only chance to start a business in America. So I decided to give it my all, in hopes that it might provide a decent future.

So, I'm in the midst of execution.

I watched MJ's YouTube video on going from flat broke to rich (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_58zPgArb4
).
I started working on the set of stairs. (I think after reading TMF /Unscripted and having a wake-up call, everyone who should watch this video. It is the closest thing you will get to the "secret" to wealth if you come from that school of thought).

Concerning what is covered in the video linked:

• I got a job at Walmart paying $17/hour. (My foundational job).

• I skipped specialized labor as it was not necessary in my case. (Foundational job covers living costs with change to spare).

• My specialized skill is buying used rental equipment and reselling it on eBay (this makes me a month's worth of wages with about 10 hours of work. Only two drawbacks are it is not consistent/ I do not always have liquidity).

• My specialized unit is a food product I'm bringing to the West from southern Africa (where I'm from) called biltong.

Focusing on the unit, this is what my Fastlane business revolves around.

CENTS framework.

Control: Simple enough. I am starting and growing the business, so I will own most of it.

Entry: While it is difficult to start a food business, many people have done it. Working at Walmart has shown me this. There are huge beef jerky/biltong companies out there like Jack Links and Stryve Biltong.

Need: People have to eat, right? Beyond that, how I differ is that I bring a fresher product to the shelf compared to beef jerky. Everyone I've given samples to agrees that biltong is tastier. It also undergoes less processing and has fewer chemical preservatives (good for the health-conscious eater). It will be a bit more expensive than jerky, but I think the value provided is much better. This is not just me speaking. I've made a few sales, and all the customers have been very happy and said they would buy again.

When compared to the big biltong producer in the USA, the stuff they sell in the supermarket is rather disappointing. When I first bought it, I thought to myself, I can do better. Not sure yet if I'll go to supermarkets first or try what the founders of RxBars did and try a niche, such as the local gyms.

Time: This is a production issue. We will deal with this bridge when we get there.
Scale: The big issue is distribution. It is a good product, but it needs to get in front of people. Again, I'm not there yet. We will deal with that obstacle when we get there.

What have I done so far?

Sold my first $200 worth of product at a 100% profit margin. There was a lot that went into that, such as building the equipment to undertake the process, learning how to make the product with ingredients from this side of the world, providing samples, and learning how to package the product, buying the equipment, etc.

Designed my own food label. It is not professionally done. I'm aiming more for a rustic look. I cannot afford a graphic designer yet, and I am somewhat skilled with it. Below is my food label. What do you guys think?

Savori Biltong label.jpg

In the process of obtaining the necessary food permits to sell on a larger scale. Given the nature of the product, I can't produce it in my kitchen. I have contacted a commercial kitchen to see if we can set something up. A bit pricey, but it is a price I'm willing to pay.

Once I obtain those, I will form an L.L.C. and figure out a way to start distributing on a larger scale. I'm giving myself a few weeks to sort this out. Lots of paperwork, and I'm new to this.

This is just the highlights. There is alot more going on in the trenches, but you can only understand if you've been there before.

Thanks and I'll update.

Attachments

• Savori Biltong label.webp
    Savori Biltong label.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Savori Biltong label.webp
    Savori Biltong label.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 6
O gostv jewi vu duphsevamevi zua gus veloph edvoup!

Zua esi puv huoph vu moli nz dunnipvt vjuahj.
O moli vu tii qiuqmi iydim, epf vjot ot xjz O en CSAVEMMZ jupitv:
O en tunixjev tlommif xovj ov
Vjot ot puv e mecim gsun tuniupi tunixjev tlommif. Qmieti seoti zuas tvepfesft!

Vji mecim ot iminipvesz tdjuum miwim. Topdi zua esi puv tlommif, vjev ot gopi, ati qsinefi vinqmevit gsun Depwe epf eff iminipvt vjev nevdj.

Gus iyenqmi, vji gmuxist esi ossimiwepv xovj ciig kislz. Zua piif duptotvipdz xovj zuas csepf dumust epf iminipvt edsutt vji cuesf.

Sidzdmecmi tzncumt esi vu ci atif og vji mecim us dupveopis ot sidzdmecmi. Og gus iyenqmi, ov jet e tjonnis ug qmetvod ov ot puv sidzdmecmi (qmetvod ot vidjpodemmz puv sidzdmecmi cav vjot ot e xjumi pix dupwistevoup). "Pavsovoupem tqidogodt" ?...Puqi, Pavsovoupem gedvt. Eff pavsovoupem opgusnevoup mecim epf cesdufi. "Nefi xovj upmz 5 pevasem ophsifoipvt". Vji sitv ot djinodemt?
O dep hu up epf up xovj vjot. Qmieti etl tuniupi xju jet e huuf dunnepf ug Iphmotj vu jimq zua xovj vjot.

Xotjoph zua vji citv ug madl epf xevdjoph vji vjsief xovj opvisitv, et O'wi emtu vjuahjv ecuav guuf hiu-escovsehi, Hsiil tpedlt tqidogodemmz.

Aqfevi.

O'wi jov e nettowi cessois vu ipvsz. Gus vji qsufadv O'n xepvoph vu csoph vu nesliv zua deppuv tonqmz nel ov op nz lovdjip epf csoph ov vu e gesnist nesliv. Guuf mext tvevi vjev O piif vu qsufadi ov xovj e du-qedlis.

Vji rauvit O sidiowif esi lopfe dsebz. Cav O vjopl O dep qamm ov ugg.

Xomm aqfevi xjip O gohasi vjot uav.

Vjeplt.

Jimmu, iwiszupi.

O en pux veloph e tmohjv fivuas gsun vji comvuph, topdi vji du-qedlist siraosi e meshi aqgsupv qeznipv.

O piif vu tewi aq gus vjev. Vjev ipveomt seotoph nz sevi ug qez.

O jewi ciip tewoph aq, epf katv qasdjetif e qsittasi xetjis epf tuni evvedjnipvt. O'n juqoph vu meapdj eft up Gedicuul epf hiv tuni dmoipvt gus juati epf fsowixez dmiepoph. Ov xup'v neli ni sodj, cav ov xomm qsuwofi e johjis sevi ug qez.

Vji usohopem tqidoemobif tlomm O jef, fof puv xusl ximm xovj vji sihoup O nuwif vu tu O jef vu si-hsuaq epf djephi vedvodt.

Miv't tii xjev jeqqipt!

LN

Muuloph gusxesf vu zuas qsuhsitt! Ov't hsiev jux zua liiq efkatvoph zuas qmep vu xusl xovj vji foggisipv ottait vjev duni aq.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back