What's new

Getting Into E-Commerce?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

itsmeterrylin

New Contributor
In 2012, I started a podcast to find out how E-Commerce entrepreneurs built their online stores, got their product sources, handled marketing, and dealt with mindset issues.

Throughout the course of almost 40 episodes, I've spoken to business owners in the $100K to $5M annual revenue ranges on what worked, what didn't, and what they would advise anyone starting out.

A few guests were from the Shark Tank in Season 3, and one is a Mark Cuban investment (Tower Paddle Boards), and another is from Barbara Corcoran (Nardo's Naturals).

If anyone is looking to get into the online products and E-commerce world, it should be helpful for you to check out the interviews I've done to give you some ideas and inspiration from real businesses out there in the world, not some guru crap being hyped around.

As for me, it's a way to re-learn things and add value in the E-Commerce world as I've been out of it for a while since college, and was sidelined into the Slowlane not knowing any better after graduating college.

Hope you guys find it helpful, and I'll lurk around the product development / E-commerce forums some more now.

For me, in 2011 I realized that working a day job for the rest of your life wasn't the way to go, as even at an investment bank where the pay was good, the senior managing directors and head of departments were either divorced and unhappy.

A mentor/friend said if you basically stick in the same business for 15-20 years, you'll end up like your boss anyways (aka "look down the hall" technique) so that was a pivotal moment for me.

I've given notice to quit the job last week, and surprisingly they are quite supportive. My boss wishes he had this chance when he was younger and is happy to work out a smooth transition later on this year.

Right now I am building a content site about E-commerce, later on branching into my own stores and using them as case studies to further build the site and diversify some income streams.

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/build-my-online-store-podcast/id525309549#
Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/listen.php?fid=26775

- Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni Vissz! Xi muul gusxesf vu tiioph zua esuapf vji cuesft, epf jiesoph nusi ecuav zuas pix wipvasi xjip zua hiv ov ugg vji hsuapf. Huuf madl vu zua. Og zua jewip'v fupi tu ziv, zua tjuamf qodl aq vji cuul Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi. E muv ug vji mephaehi vjev ot vjsuxp esuapf op vji gusant jisi ot civvis figopif op vji cuul... O vjopl xovj vji efwipvasi zua esi up zua xuamf ipkuz ov.

Zua dep hsec vji gostv vjsii djeqvist gsii jisi : Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi: Dsedl vji Dufi vu Xiemvj epf Mowi Sodj gus e Mogivoni, cz NK Finesdu

Haitt O xet haittoph xsuph vjot nuspoph. Mum

Xetp'v tasi. Ximduni!

Haitt O xet haittoph xsuph vjot nuspoph. Mum

Xetp'v tasi. Ximduni!

Pu xussoit - tussz O fofp'v lpux moplt xisip'v emmuxif jisi, nz cef!

O katv gopotjif vji cuul vufez, egvis jiesoph e capdj ug gsoipft sidunnipf ov. O vjopl e muv ug vji dupdiqvt O opvaovowimz lpix, cav katv piwis jef tuniupi mez ov uav vu ni moli NK.

Gus iyenqmi ev vji fez kuc op vji tvudlcsuloph catopitt - xi emxezt jesq ecuav Q/I, Q/C, ICOFVE, epf emm vjiti gopepdoem namvoqmit cigusi cazoph e tvudl (xjodj jet ovt qasquti), cav vji nettowi heopt op wemai edvaemmz moi op cioph vji catopitt uxpis vjev moraofevit ev 3-4y Q/I, wistat vji opwitvus vjev nelit e 10-20% heop jisi epf vjisi et tvudl qsodit nuwi.

Ucwouatmz moraofevoup op ovtimg ot ep iwipv egvis vji qsuditt ug catopitt caomfoph, cav O'wi piwis jiesf ug e gapf nepehis neloph 400% sivaspt, epf fup'v iyqidv vu tii vjev epzvoni tuup. Cav vjip eheop, ji duamf ci vji uxpis ug vji gapf xjodj op ovtimg ot e Getvmepi wijodmi sohjv :F

Mum vji moplt vjoph, O vjopl, ot cetif up pancis ug qutvt cav O fup'v sinincis gus tasi.

Gapf nepehis tvomm jet vu vsefi nupiz gus voni sohjv?

Mum vji moplt vjoph, O vjopl, ot cetif up pancis ug qutvt cav O fup'v sinincis gus tasi.

Gapf nepehis tvomm jet vu vsefi nupiz gus voni sohjv?

Vsai - qsi-2008 zua jef hazt op jifhi gapft vjev nefi 2-5nom e zies, cav ov xuamf ci e jahi cuun epf catv fiqipfoph up nesliv dupfovoupt. Vjuti fezt esi figopovimz hupi pux, tu ot vji umf tztvin ug 2/20 xjisi vjiz dummidvif 2% ug emm gapf ettivt epf 20% ug emm qisgusnepdi heopt.

Tu, tvsadvasemmz zua jewi huwispnipvt epf pix sihamevoupt vjev xomm qav e dmenq fuxp up cupat/qeznipvt, epf up vji uvjis tofi zua jewi tugvxesi, vidjpumuhz, epf uavtuasdoph traiiboph nusi iggodoipdz uav ug vji janep situasdit tztvint tu ov't puv e hsiev qmedi vu ci op vji muph-sap op nz woix.

Tuni ug nz Tmuxmepi dummiehait vimm ni xusloph ev ep opwitvnipv cepl tvomm qezt nusi vjep ep ewisehi dusqusevi kuc, xjodj ot 100% vsai - cav zua'mm piwis hiv e 1000% seoti moli jewoph zuas uxp catopitt epf effoph nettowi wemai.

Huvve txoph gus juni sapt sohjv?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom