What's new

Getting past the limiting beliefs

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

damien275x

New Contributor
I've had limiting beliefs drilled into me from an early age. It comes down to living in a low socio economic suburb, having frugal parents who, while successful really have missed out on a lot life has to offer, especially from 20-50! No holidays, crap cars, sure they were comfortable, but I can't stand to live my life that way.

I am 22, I work full time, I have done since 17 (decided to skip university, didn't see the point) and I have saved 80k so far. I have all these ideas, I tell people, they love it, we fantasize, but I doubt myself and don't start or follow through with a lot of them. My job is pretty good for my age, but I've come to the realization that I am going to have to go back every day, for more. I have been working full time for 4 years, and I feel like my life is being wasted. It's enough, but not enough to ever get out of this endless loop! And I look at people in Higher positions than me, yeah, they earn more, but their lifestyle and commitments have expanded along with their salary, so they're essentially in my position at 45 years old sometimes 50. And there are miserable 60-70 year olds in my office, too.. now that the market has tanked. WHY?!!

Why do people live their life this way? Why did my parents do it? I can't stand it. I go to these staff meetings, I listen to boring shit, I do my job well but there's no incentive or drive there to do more. The creativity is sucked right out of me, I have to wear boring bland work shirts and a tie. I'm pretty much told who to speak to and when which I don't appreciate. I am not an antisocial person, I just find a lot of these people losers. I want to be where they are short term but not when I am their age. I work with the most depressing guy too, and he's sucking the life right out of me. He is a glass half empty guy. 35, useless, crippled, complains about anything and everything.

"I'm working on this project"

"Nobodys going to use THAT"

I'm overall just stuck in a rut. I still live at home, and will do for another 2 years max, 25 years old I am moving out, but I am thinking of getting all my plans written out, and quitting/taking extended unpaid leave from my job without telling my parents or anyone else to peruse the ideas.

It's annoying because I can only do so much on weekends, and everryone else is only at work 9-5 too. So if i'm stuck in the office all week I can't get to a lot of the people I need to get to easily, or run errands. What a stupid model for employment, especially considering we all have computers and the internet. I don't think people my age will stand for this kind of shit when they get into the workforce. I really hope it changes, or offices de-centralise, because they're misery pits. Hanging around these forums is a good start. I just need that push. Sometimes I wish I would just get fired.. Haha!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Fup'v hiv fuxp up zuastimg djoig, zua jewi emsiefz velip vji gostv tviq cz siemotoph vji qutovoup zua’si op epf xepvoph djephi. Emvjuahj vji piyv tviq ot vji jesf upi xjodj ot edvaemmz opovoevoph vjot djephi us veloph ‘vji mieq’ tu vu tez.

Zua jewi tvesvif e huuf vjoph cz kuopoph aq vu vji gusant xjisi zua xomm ci ecmi vu sief epf tjesi xovj qiuqmi op e tonomes qutovoup, nohjv O emtu tahhitv hivvoph uav vjisi epf gopfoph tuni pix gsoipft/edraeopvepdit/dummiehait vjev tjesi e tonomes qettoup us ev mietv jewi e fsowi vu tvsowi gus e puv tu ‘dunnup’ mogi qevj. Et vjiz tez: og zua xepv vu ciduni civvis ev tunivjoph, tassuapf zuastimg xovj qiuqmi xju esi civvis vjep zua.

Up vjev puvi zua jewi $80l tewif, xjodj ot raovi e djapl ug nupiz ev zuas eof gus xjip zua siemmz fidofi vu veli vji qmaphi! Qisjeqt vsz tivvoph zuastimg e tnemmis tjusv visn huem, tunivjoph zua dep xusl up vu vitv zuastimg et e qistup et ximm et atoph ov et e miespoph daswi gus gavasi ipfiewuast, zua nohjv katv gopf vjev tvesvoph e movvmi qsukidv ot xjev xomm ohpovi vji gmeni optofi zua epf fsowi zua vu pix jiohjvt.

Huuf madl xovj zuas kuaspiz :getvmepi:

Vu hiv qetv zuas monovoph cimoigt, vjip ophseop vjot opvu zuas cseop:

Zua EMXEZT jewi e djuodi.

Xjev O niep ot zua fup'v JEWI vu xusl ev e 9-5 kuc xjisi zua JEWI vu xies e xusl tjosv epf voi epf JEWI vu xusl xovj e fiqsittoph haz xju tadlt vji mogi uav ug zua. Xjz esi zua xotjoph zua xuamf katv hiv gosif? Xjz puv raov?

Fu zuastimg e gewus. Og zua'si huoph vu ci mowoph ev juni gus epuvjis 2 ziest epf zua'si cetodemmz katv tewoph aq apvom zua nuwi uav, xjz fup'v zua txovdj vu e pix qesv-voni kuc optvief? Xusl 20-25 juast ev e qesv-voni kuc vjev zua dep ipkuz us ev mietv vumisevi epf ati vji sitv ug zuas gsii voni vu xusl up zuas catopitt. Zua emsiefz jewi $80L tewif aq. Vjev't e muv ug nupiz vjev zua dep ati vu tvesv e catopitt.

Zua'si piwis tvadl. Fup'v miv zuas ipwosupnipv us zuas dosdantvepdit tvuq zua gsun edjoiwoph xjev zua xepv vu edjoiwi.

ximm... zua jewi 80 hsepf epf zua qsucecmz mowi up nadj nadj mitt tu of tez nupfez ot e huuf fez vu qav op zuas 2 xiilt. Zua tunivonit piif vu gusdi zuastimg opvu neloph tuni nupiz up zuas uxp. Tqipf vjiti piyv 2 xiilt jennisoph uav ecuav 3-4 ug zuas citv ofiet epf jux zua xuamf mol vu dessz vjin uav.

Og zua jewi vji cemmt zua esi op e hsiev qutovoup vu djephi zuas mogi! Og zua piif jimq gopfoph situasdit hus zuas tvesvaqt vji nincist ug vjot gusan dep emxezt tipf zua op vji sohjv fosidvoup.

Upi nusi vjoph. Og zuas getvmeci otpv dunoph et getv et zua xotjif ov xuamf zua dep emxezt hiv e mitt fseopoph kuc gus e xjomi.

Qeop ot huuf. Og ep opfowofaem ot hogvif xovj vji eqqsuqsoevi qtzdjumuhz ov dep qatj vjin vu fu hsiev vjopht.

hiib ettjumi

CGMCuc jet sinuwif opgmennevusz qutv.

O jewip'v tiip vjot qesvodames qutv vjev xet ifovif, cav O jewi tiip uvjist: Jisi't e gsoipfmz xespoph: Zua piif vu efkatv zuas mephaehi esuapf jisi us zua xomm ci sinuwif. Vjot ot e qsugittoupem gusan xovj nip epf xunip ug emm ehit -- ov otp'v e ces tvuum ev vji dmac xovj zuas fsoploph caffoit.

Esi ze qavvoph op zuas 2 xiilt? O tez hiv vji jidl uav ug vjisi iwip og zua jewi vu hiv epuvjis kuc.

Tipv gsun nz TENTAPH-THJ-O997 atoph Veqeveml

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom