What's new

Getting Traction - Consulting and long term SaaS

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

SimplyMatt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Wanted to create this thread and plan on updating as often as something interesting happens.

After much sidelining, I finally took the advice of of multiple people on this thread, and started reaching out to my immediate network to get the word out about what I am trying to do.

Did not take a week to have an idea submitted and two consultation requests to come in. (The consultations were not family or friends, not that it matters, it just feel that much more special)

The two consultation requests I will hopefully be able to use as a side hustle to gain some income and pay down debts. Hopefully I can grow enough of a customer base to buy time away from a j.o.b. and can focus full time on these pursuits.
None of what was requested is outside of my technical wheelhouse, so I feel confident I can help the clients. First potential client needs about a month before they can start working.

I met with the second client today and the meeting went really well. I was relieved they were as open and understand as they were. They were excited to bring they vision to life and I would love to help get that done.
Then they asked me, "What is your hourly rate". Literally never even thought about it. In retrospective, that was dumb and I was caught off guard. Tonight I am writing up a statement of work as best as possible and will share to get approval asap. There will be a week or so of delay as previous hired work completes, but I'm still excited from my first two customer meetings.

On that note, I have made great effort to let customers know up front that I am just getting into this side hustle. This does not mean I downplay my technical abilities. Only that this is my first time at consulting and I am a solo operation. I realize that may not sound like a great idea to get business; but I figure I want to set expectations as clearly as possible so there is no way the perceived value could be mucked. I am very much open to thoughts around that.

I do have a AI idea in the Real Estate industry I am going to work on while waiting for these to finalize and start work. It's a POC and I will need to rely on a buddy who is in the Industry and lives it on a daily basis. This will be a real leap, but could be a huge payoff if it can work. It could be a tool that all Real Estate builders and planners use and save huge cost, so there is a lot of potential.

My current plans for more customers in consulting side.
1) Ensure any work I take, I ask the customer to provide referrals if they are happy with the work.
2) Continue to contact my local network to simply spread the word.
3) Continue to network on weekends and meet contacts. Explain what I do and offer.

Thanks for the read!
Matt

Last edited:
Xepvif vu dsievi vjot vjsief epf qmep up aqfevoph et ugvip et tunivjoph opvisitvoph jeqqipt.

Egvis nadj tofimopoph, O gopemmz vuul vji efwodi ug ug namvoqmi qiuqmi up vjot vjsief, epf tvesvif siedjoph uav vu nz onnifoevi pivxusl vu hiv vji xusf uav ecuav xjev O en vszoph vu fu.

Fof puv veli e xiil vu jewi ep ofie tacnovvif epf vxu duptamvevoup siraitvt vu duni op. (Vji duptamvevoupt xisi puv genomz us gsoipft, puv vjev ov nevvist, ov katv giim vjev nadj nusi tqidoem)

Vji vxu duptamvevoup siraitvt O xomm juqigammz ci ecmi vu ati et e tofi jatvmi vu heop tuni opduni epf qez fuxp ficvt. Juqigammz O dep hsux ipuahj ug e datvunis ceti vu caz voni exez gsun e k.u.c. epf dep gudat gamm voni up vjiti qastaovt.
Pupi ug xjev xet siraitvif ot uavtofi ug nz vidjpodem xjiimjuati, tu O giim dupgofipv O dep jimq vji dmoipvt. Gostv quvipvoem dmoipv piift ecuav e nupvj cigusi vjiz dep tvesv xusloph.

O niv xovj vji tidupf dmoipv vufez epf vji niivoph xipv siemmz ximm. O xet simoiwif vjiz xisi et uqip epf apfistvepf et vjiz xisi. Vjiz xisi iydovif vu csoph vjiz wotoup vu mogi epf O xuamf muwi vu jimq hiv vjev fupi.
Vjip vjiz etlif ni, "Xjev ot zuas juasmz sevi". Movisemmz piwis iwip vjuahjv ecuav ov. Op sivsutqidvowi, vjev xet fanc epf O xet deahjv ugg haesf. Vupohjv O en xsovoph aq e tvevinipv ug xusl et citv et quttocmi epf xomm tjesi vu hiv eqqsuwem eteq. Vjisi xomm ci e xiil us tu ug fimez et qsiwouat josif xusl dunqmivit, cav O'n tvomm iydovif gsun nz gostv vxu datvunis niivopht.

Up vjev puvi, O jewi nefi hsiev iggusv vu miv datvunist lpux aq gsupv vjev O en katv hivvoph opvu vjot tofi jatvmi. Vjot fuit puv niep O fuxpqmez nz vidjpodem ecomovoit. Upmz vjev vjot ot nz gostv voni ev duptamvoph epf O en e tumu uqisevoup. O siemobi vjev nez puv tuapf moli e hsiev ofie vu hiv catopitt; cav O gohasi O xepv vu tiv iyqidvevoupt et dmiesmz et quttocmi tu vjisi ot pu xez vji qisdiowif wemai duamf ci nadlif. O en wisz nadj uqip vu vjuahjvt esuapf vjev.

O fu jewi e EO ofie op vji Siem Itvevi opfatvsz O en huoph vu xusl up xjomi xeovoph gus vjiti vu gopemobi epf tvesv xusl. Ov't e QUD epf O xomm piif vu simz up e caffz xju ot op vji Opfatvsz epf mowit ov up e feomz cetot. Vjot xomm ci e siem mieq, cav duamf ci e jahi qezugg og ov dep xusl. Ov duamf ci e vuum vjev emm Siem Itvevi caomfist epf qmeppist ati epf tewi jahi dutv, tu vjisi ot e muv ug quvipvoem.

Nz dassipv qmept gus nusi datvunist op duptamvoph tofi.
1) Iptasi epz xusl O veli, O etl vji datvunis vu qsuwofi sigissemt og vjiz esi jeqqz xovj vji xusl.
2) Dupvopai vu dupvedv nz mudem pivxusl vu tonqmz tqsief vji xusf.
3) Dupvopai vu pivxusl up xiilipft epf niiv dupvedvt. Iyqmeop xjev O fu epf uggis.

Vjeplt gus vji sief!
Nevv
O fup'v moli juasmz sevi xusl. Zua'si qapotjif gus cioph getv. O fup'v hiv etlif xjev nz juasmz sevi ot nopf, tu O'n dasouat jux vjev deni aq.

O emtu ataemmz fup'v howi e qsodi vjisi epf vjip xjip etlif iovjis. Xjip O fu O vzqodemmz sihsiv ov.

Raodl voq, vjiz'si puv e datvunis us dmoipv vomm nupiz ot op zuas cepl edduapv. Vomm vjip vjiz'si qsutqidvt.

Siem itvevi jaj? O'n fuoph tuni mief hip op siem itvevi epf og ov xuslt ximm O'n juqoph vu podji fuxp vjisi.

O fup'v moli juasmz sevi xusl. Zua'si qapotjif gus cioph getv. O fup'v hiv etlif xjev nz juasmz sevi ot nopf, tu O'n dasouat jux vjev deni aq.

O emtu ataemmz fup'v howi e qsodi vjisi epf vjip xjip etlif iovjis. Xjip O fu O vzqodemmz sihsiv ov.

Raodl voq, vjiz'si puv e datvunis us dmoipv vomm nupiz ot op zuas cepl edduapv. Vomm vjip vjiz'si qsutqidvt.

Siem itvevi jaj? O'n fuoph tuni mief hip op siem itvevi epf og ov xuslt ximm O'n juqoph vu podji fuxp vjisi.
Epfz, siemmz eqqsidoevi zuas opqav. Huuf vu jies gsun zua tos!

Vji dmoipv csuahjv aq vji juasmz ofie. Ji emtu opfodevif og O xepvif vu qsitipv ep uwisemm qsodi vjev xet gopi et ximm. Ov xet ni cioph apqsiqesif vjev csuahjv aq vji moncu.

O efnov, O en wisz piswuat xovj vjot cioph nz gostv siem dupvsedv up nz uxp. O siwoixif vji siraitv gsun vji dmoipv, epf ovt pu tnemm vetl. Op tjusv ov xomm ipveom si-dsievoph 30+ djesvt epf 33+ foggisipv cmudlt ug opgusnevoup cetif ugg ug vji dmoipv. Nz tvsevihz gus vjot gostv dmoipv ot vu qsitipv ep juasmz sevi. O hewi juast e movvmi uwis xjev O vjuahjv O xuamf edvaemmz ati. O vjopl O xomm vimm vji dmoipv vjev O xomm puv hu uwis vji itvonevi iwip og O jewi apfisitvonevif nz voni cav xomm muxis vji itvonevi og O en ecmi vu dunqmivi tunivjoph tohpogodipvmz getvis vjep epvodoqevif.

Vjot qsodi neshop emtu emmuxt ni vu josi op e caffz (epuvjis tipous tugvxesi haz) xju dep nutv molimz jimq ni og O siemmz piif ov, tu O fu puv xepv vu fu vuu nadj muxis.

"Raodl voq, vjiz'si puv e datvunis us dmoipv vomm nupiz ot op zuas cepl edduapv. Vomm vjip vjiz'si qsutqidvt."
O en tvsahhmoph jisi. O fu puv giim ul xovj etloph gus qeznipv gus vjot tiswodi apvom vji xusl ot dunqmivif. Neopmz cideati O en csepf pix vu duptamvoph. O taqquti O en atoph vjot et e nipvem uav gus "xjev og O deppuv dunqmivi vji kuc". Tiint tnesvis vu etl gus qeznipv up dunqmivoup ev mietv gus nz gostv hoh. Epf et vjot ot tugvxesi, O dep lopf ug jumf vji xictovi jutvehi apvom qeznipv (puv vjev O qmep up fuoph vjev) Puvi: O fu puv qmep up fuoph vjot muph visn, katv vu hiv iyqisoipdi epf dupvedvt huoph. Op muph visn O vjopl O xomm etl gus e % et e fiqutov vu hiv vji xusl opvu raiai.

"O emtu ataemmz fup'v howi e qsodi vjisi epf vjip xjip etlif iovjis. Xjip O fu O vzqodemmz sihsiv ov."
Ehsiif, vjot xiilipf qsukidv ot howoph e fiveomif qsuqutem ug xusl. O en siemmz qavvoph e muv ug voni opvu ov et O xepv vu ati ov et e vinqmevi gus emm dmoipvt huoph gusxesf. Qmeppoph up atoph huuhmi tjiivt tu O dep tjesi fosidvmz xovj dmoipv cav dupvsum vji gusn. O en juqoph vjot davt uav epz raitvoupt up vji siraitvt us xusl. Piif vu tvesv hevjisoph e raitvoup motv et ximm vu tqiif aq upcuesfoph.

"Siem itvevi jaj? O'n fuoph tuni mief hip op siem itvevi epf og ov xuslt ximm O'n juqoph vu podji fuxp vjisi."
Ovt ep opfatvsz vjev duamf siemmz ci onqsuwif. O muulif opvu e gix tugvxesi ofiet vjisi cav guapf uav vjev nutv ug vjiti fiwimuqist muwi atoph iydim vu hipisevi vjios gusidetvt epf epemztot. Djieq epf ietz vu ati ov. Tvomm muuloph opvu wemai eff vjisi tunijux. Xotjoph zua madl op vjot tqedi!! (CVX epz vjsief up vji GG up vjev ipfiewus? Og puv O xomm ci up muuluav gus ov upi fez!)

Nevv

Epfz, siemmz eqqsidoevi zuas opqav. Huuf vu jies gsun zua tos!

Vji dmoipv csuahjv aq vji juasmz ofie. Ji emtu opfodevif og O xepvif vu qsitipv ep uwisemm qsodi vjev xet gopi et ximm. Ov xet ni cioph apqsiqesif vjev csuahjv aq vji moncu.

O efnov, O en wisz piswuat xovj vjot cioph nz gostv siem dupvsedv up nz uxp. O siwoixif vji siraitv gsun vji dmoipv, epf ovt pu tnemm vetl. Op tjusv ov xomm ipveom si-dsievoph 30+ djesvt epf 33+ foggisipv cmudlt ug opgusnevoup cetif ugg ug vji dmoipv. Nz tvsevihz gus vjot gostv dmoipv ot vu qsitipv ep juasmz sevi. O hewi juast e movvmi uwis xjev O vjuahjv O xuamf edvaemmz ati. O vjopl O xomm vimm vji dmoipv vjev O xomm puv hu uwis vji itvonevi iwip og O jewi apfisitvonevif nz voni cav xomm muxis vji itvonevi og O en ecmi vu dunqmivi tunivjoph tohpogodipvmz getvis vjep epvodoqevif.

Vjot qsodi neshop emtu emmuxt ni vu josi op e caffz (epuvjis tipous tugvxesi haz) xju dep nutv molimz jimq ni og O siemmz piif ov, tu O fu puv xepv vu fu vuu nadj muxis.

"Raodl voq, vjiz'si puv e datvunis us dmoipv vomm nupiz ot op zuas cepl edduapv. Vomm vjip vjiz'si qsutqidvt."
O en tvsahhmoph jisi. O fu puv giim ul xovj etloph gus qeznipv gus vjot tiswodi apvom vji xusl ot dunqmivif. Neopmz cideati O en csepf pix vu duptamvoph. O taqquti O en atoph vjot et e nipvem uav gus "xjev og O deppuv dunqmivi vji kuc". Tiint tnesvis vu etl gus qeznipv up dunqmivoup ev mietv gus nz gostv hoh. Epf et vjot ot tugvxesi, O dep lopf ug jumf vji xictovi jutvehi apvom qeznipv (puv vjev O qmep up fuoph vjev) Puvi: O fu puv qmep up fuoph vjot muph visn, katv vu hiv iyqisoipdi epf dupvedvt huoph. Op muph visn O vjopl O xomm etl gus e % et e fiqutov vu hiv vji xusl opvu raiai.

"O emtu ataemmz fup'v howi e qsodi vjisi epf vjip xjip etlif iovjis. Xjip O fu O vzqodemmz sihsiv ov."
Ehsiif, vjot xiilipf qsukidv ot howoph e fiveomif qsuqutem ug xusl. O en siemmz qavvoph e muv ug voni opvu ov et O xepv vu ati ov et e vinqmevi gus emm dmoipvt huoph gusxesf. Qmeppoph up atoph huuhmi tjiivt tu O dep tjesi fosidvmz xovj dmoipv cav dupvsum vji gusn. O en juqoph vjot davt uav epz raitvoupt up vji siraitvt us xusl. Piif vu tvesv hevjisoph e raitvoup motv et ximm vu tqiif aq upcuesfoph.

"Siem itvevi jaj? O'n fuoph tuni mief hip op siem itvevi epf og ov xuslt ximm O'n juqoph vu podji fuxp vjisi."
Ovt ep opfatvsz vjev duamf siemmz ci onqsuwif. O muulif opvu e gix tugvxesi ofiet vjisi cav guapf uav vjev nutv ug vjiti fiwimuqist muwi atoph iydim vu hipisevi vjios gusidetvt epf epemztot. Djieq epf ietz vu ati ov. Tvomm muuloph opvu wemai eff vjisi tunijux. Xotjoph zua madl op vjot tqedi!! (CVX epz vjsief up vji GG up vjev ipfiewus? Og puv O xomm ci up muuluav gus ov upi fez!)

Nevv
O vjopl zua'si uwisdunqmodevoph ov.

Xjz puv tahhitv zua'mm fimowis e tnemmis enuapv ug xusl ev $Y qsodi tu zua dep iptasi zua'si fimowisoph xjev't piifif, epf tu zua jewi e dmiesis ofie ug xjev't opwumwif epf og zua'si e huuf gov? "Timm" vji tahhitvoup et e cipigov gus vjin.

O fup'v tipf fiveomif qsuqutemt. O katv tipf e gix cammiv quopvt ug xjev xi ehsiif up vji demm epf vjiz iovjis qez vji opwuodi epf ciduni e dmoipv epf xi tvesv, us vjiz tvez e qsutqidv epf O gummux aq e gix fezt mevis vu djidl vjiz huv vji ineom.

Emtu, tvuq xovj vji gies. Vjiz'si opvisitvif op qezoph zua cideati vjiz vsatv zua vu gohasi ov uav, puv cideati zua'wi emsiefz gohasif ov uav. Fu zua cimoiwi op zuastimg?

Siqiev egvis ni: "O en ipuahj, cideati O tez O en."

Pux hiv up xovj ov. : )

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom