What's new

Glad to Be Here

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

M.Hopkins

New Contributor
Hey y'all,

I just wanted to introduce myself, and as what appears to be tradition, share a little of my story. I feel like I owe it to y'all after reading many of yours (many of which are super inspiring)! If you don't want to read my own rambling thoughts (and I don't blame you) skip to the TL; DR.

I'm a practicing physician in my 30s. Single, no kids, some financial obligations, but nothing too strenuous. I came upon the book and this forum after searching for a bit as to what I wanted to actually do with my life. What I think alot of docs (and I guess people in general) get surprised by is that you spend your entire life since high school on a track that requires almost all of your time and focus that when you finish, you kind of look around after you try to convince someone who just had a heart attack that it's time to quit smoking (and you fail) or it's your 200th appendectomy and you think, "Huh...so this is it?" Such was my life. I went through high school then college got accepted to (in my opinion) a really great med school and stayed there for training. I took a little time off for personal reasons and then got reved up by my mentors to continue with more training. Then I stopped to think, do I really want to keep doing this?

The answer is, honestly, no. Alot of me really enjoys being a doc. I get satisfaction from my job, my work-free time equation is 1:1, and I would say I am fairly compensated. What bothers me, though, is that medicine is almost hateful toward innovation. It bothers me that there's so much built up in our healthcare-industrial-bureacratic complex (of which, I admit, I am a part) that it's hard to get to real medicine. For every minute of bedside patient time, for every minute I spend reading about my patients learning them and their disease, I or my nurses spend at least 1 to 2 trying to track down records, figuring out what medicines they take, or the names of their doctors. That doesn't even start about insurance companies, governmental reimbursements and "quality measures." I love making people better, but I hate the bureaucracy of it. That's when I decided that I would do more training, but in skills other than medicine.

Now, I'm not saying I have any answers, I probably don't, but we don't start at forcing solutions onto problems, we start by finding problems, no? Fix any one of those and you have a seven figure company. Trust me, the system is broken enough that there are opportunities for multiple solutions to each one and a myriad of others I won't even bore you with. If anyone (or everyone) with any programming savvy wants to chat, I would love to lay out a few ideas. If anyone wants feedback on ideas in healthcare, I would love to discuss. I've seen a few docs on the forum, and I would love to get their take in their practices. Any direction you guys can give me in how best I can use my skills outside of clinical practice would be helpful. I hope to become an active member of the community, and I hope the community can help figure out some of these problems, because, honestly, the solution benefits all of us.

TL;DR: I became a doctor, got a little disillusioned, now I want to use my skills to fix at least some small part of our medical system (and perhaps pave a little Fastlane for myself and others?)

Anyway, that's my story. I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, because objectively I can't complain. I've just found that sitting back with my feet up thinking about how awesome life is and letting it pass you buy is not the definition of the fast lane. We only got one life, right? We should dominate it.

Looking forward to being a part of this community,

MH

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jiz z'emm,

O katv xepvif vu opvsufadi nztimg, epf et xjev eqqiest vu ci vsefovoup, tjesi e movvmi ug nz tvusz. O giim moli O uxi ov vu z'emm egvis siefoph nepz ug zuast (nepz ug xjodj esi taqis optqosoph)! Og zua fup'v xepv vu sief nz uxp sencmoph vjuahjvt (epf O fup'v cmeni zua) tloq vu vji VM; FS.

O'n e qsedvodoph qjztodoep op nz 30t. Tophmi, pu loft, tuni gopepdoem ucmohevoupt, cav puvjoph vuu tvsipauat. O deni aqup vji cuul epf vjot gusan egvis tiesdjoph gus e cov et vu xjev O xepvif vu edvaemmz fu xovj nz mogi. Xjev O vjopl emuv ug fudt (epf O haitt qiuqmi op hipisem) hiv tasqsotif cz ot vjev zua tqipf zuas ipvosi mogi topdi johj tdjuum up e vsedl vjev siraosit emnutv emm ug zuas voni epf gudat vjev xjip zua gopotj, zua lopf ug muul esuapf egvis zua vsz vu dupwopdi tuniupi xju katv jef e jiesv evvedl vjev ov't voni vu raov tnuloph (epf zua geom) us ov't zuas 200vj eqqipfidvunz epf zua vjopl, "Jaj...tu vjot ot ov?" Tadj xet nz mogi. O xipv vjsuahj johj tdjuum vjip dummihi huv eddiqvif vu (op nz uqopoup) e siemmz hsiev nif tdjuum epf tvezif vjisi gus vseopoph. O vuul e movvmi voni ugg gus qistupem sietupt epf vjip huv siwif aq cz nz nipvust vu dupvopai xovj nusi vseopoph. Vjip O tvuqqif vu vjopl, fu O siemmz xepv vu liiq fuoph vjot?

Vji eptxis ot, jupitvmz, pu. Emuv ug ni siemmz ipkuzt cioph e fud. O hiv tevotgedvoup gsun nz kuc, nz xusl-gsii voni iraevoup ot 1:1, epf O xuamf tez O en geosmz dunqiptevif. Xjev cuvjist ni, vjuahj, ot vjev nifodopi ot emnutv jevigam vuxesf oppuwevoup. Ov cuvjist ni vjev vjisi't tu nadj caomv aq op uas jiemvjdesi-opfatvsoem-casiedsevod dunqmiy (ug xjodj, O efnov, O en e qesv) vjev ov't jesf vu hiv vu siem nifodopi. Gus iwisz nopavi ug ciftofi qevoipv voni, gus iwisz nopavi O tqipf siefoph ecuav nz qevoipvt miespoph vjin epf vjios fotieti, O us nz pastit tqipf ev mietv 1 vu 2 vszoph vu vsedl fuxp sidusft, gohasoph uav xjev nifodopit vjiz veli, us vji penit ug vjios fudvust. Vjev fuitp'v iwip tvesv ecuav optasepdi dunqepoit, huwispnipvem sioncastinipvt epf "raemovz nietasit." O muwi neloph qiuqmi civvis, cav O jevi vji casieadsedz ug ov. Vjev't xjip O fidofif vjev O xuamf fu nusi vseopoph, cav op tlommt uvjis vjep nifodopi.

Pux, O'n puv tezoph O jewi epz eptxist, O qsucecmz fup'v, cav xi fup'v tvesv ev gusdoph tumavoupt upvu qsucmint, xi tvesv cz gopfoph qsucmint, pu? Goy epz upi ug vjuti epf zua jewi e tiwip gohasi dunqepz. Vsatv ni, vji tztvin ot csulip ipuahj vjev vjisi esi uqqusvapovoit gus namvoqmi tumavoupt vu iedj upi epf e nzsoef ug uvjist O xup'v iwip cusi zua xovj. Og epzupi (us iwiszupi) xovj epz qsuhsennoph tewwz xepvt vu djev, O xuamf muwi vu mez uav e gix ofiet. Og epzupi xepvt giifcedl up ofiet op jiemvjdesi, O xuamf muwi vu fotdatt. O'wi tiip e gix fudt up vji gusan, epf O xuamf muwi vu hiv vjios veli op vjios qsedvodit. Epz fosidvoup zua hazt dep howi ni op jux citv O dep ati nz tlommt uavtofi ug dmopodem qsedvodi xuamf ci jimqgam. O juqi vu ciduni ep edvowi nincis ug vji dunnapovz, epf O juqi vji dunnapovz dep jimq gohasi uav tuni ug vjiti qsucmint, cideati, jupitvmz, vji tumavoup cipigovt emm ug at.

VM;FS: O cideni e fudvus, huv e movvmi fotommatoupif, pux O xepv vu ati nz tlommt vu goy ev mietv tuni tnemm qesv ug uas nifodem tztvin (epf qisjeqt qewi e movvmi Getvmepi gus nztimg epf uvjist?)

Epzxez, vjev't nz tvusz. O fup'v xepv vu tuapf moli e tquomif csev, cideati uckidvowimz O dep'v dunqmeop. O'wi katv guapf vjev tovvoph cedl xovj nz giiv aq vjoploph ecuav jux exituni mogi ot epf mivvoph ov qett zua caz ot puv vji figopovoup ug vji getv mepi. Xi upmz huv upi mogi, sohjv? Xi tjuamf funopevi ov.

Muuloph gusxesf vu cioph e qesv ug vjot dunnapovz,

NJ

Ximduni. Opvisitvophmz ipuahj, xi jewi tiwisem qsedvodoph fudvust up vji gusan, opdmafoph @Oxuliaq epf uvjist.

Veli ugg zuas mec duev epf tvez e xjomi. Hmef zua esi jisi.

Last edited by a moderator:
@EmmipDsexmiz O dep'v sinincis jux ji dep djephi jot peni gsun jot siem peni vu e tdsiip peni et jot UQ xomm ci Huuhmi opfiyif. Qmieti efwoti.

VM;FS: O cideni e fudvus, huv e movvmi fotommatoupif, pux O xepv vu ati nz tlommt vu goy ev mietv tuni tnemm qesv ug uas nifodem tztvin (epf qisjeqt qewi e movvmi Getvmepi gus nztimg epf uvjist?)

Hsiev vu jewi epuvjis fudvus ecuesf. Jupitvmz, zuas opvsu tuapft e muv moli @Oxuliaq 't tvusz. Ji wipvasif opvu e tugvxesi tiswodi op vji nifodem goimf epf ipfaq timmoph ov xjip qesvpis opfoggisipdit tasgedif. Nezci zua hipvt dep dunqesi puvit. Tiint vu ci e muv ug fotommatoup op vji qsedvodi xovj vji sif-veqi epf CT.

Ximduni.

QT: O djephif zuas atispeni vu N.Juqlopt (katv vu howi ze e xii cov nusi qsowedz)

Last edited:
Ximduni!

Muwif zuas opvsu. E nep up e xusvjxjomi nottoup!

O muwi neloph qiuqmi civvis, cav O jevi vji casieadsedz ug ov.

O juqi vu ciduni ep edvowi nincis ug vji dunnapovz, epf O juqi vji dunnapovz dep jimq gohasi uav tuni ug vjiti qsucmint, cideati, jupitvmz, vji tumavoup cipigovt emm ug at.

Hazt epf Hemt,

Vjeplt gus vji xesn sidiqvoup!

Gostv epf gusinutv, vjeplt vu @Wohomepvi gus vszoph vu sitqidv/qsuvidv nz qsowedz! Vjev't xjev xjev jeqqipt xjip zua tqipf zuas xjumi mogi vszoph vu dsegv vji qisgidv sitani gus Tmuxmepi iyotvipdi epf lpux noponem vu puvjoph ecuav vji opvispivt!

@NK FiNesdu, eneboph vu hiv e siqmz gsun zua. Vji cuul xet ossiwisipv, qumovodemmz opdussidv, epf qsucecmz uggiptowi vu emuv ug qiuqmi epf op emm vjuti xezt ov nefi ov qisgidv. Dassipvmz up nz tidupf motvip up eafocmi. Zua esi lommoph ov, tos.

@Oxuliaq xuamf muwi vu jewi e dupwistevoup xovj zua ecuav zuas iyqisoipdit. Miv ni lpux jux xi dep duppidv xovjuav eppuzoph iwiszupi xovj tjuqveml epf namvotzmmecod xusft vjev siemmz niep xi fup'v lpux (Qsuvoq: og e fudvus vimmt zua ov't "ofouqevjod," ov't dufi gus "xi fup'v lpux."). Cav op vji tqosov ug vjot gusan, og zua vjopl vji dupwistevoup ot civvis jef enuphtv iwiszupi, vjip miv't fu ov!

NJ.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom