What's new

GOLD POST Frugal Nutrition thread.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
108%
Hey Healthy people,

I wanted to make a thread that is gold worthy. But it requires everyone to pitch in. The goal here is to gather everyone’s methods of eating healthy as cheap as possible. Doesn’t mater if you are Paleo or Vegan or anything in between. Let’s hear where you shop, do you use coupons? What specific foods do you buy and how much does it cost per week? Is it a bland diet or one rich in variety? I’ll start with the tips I’ve learned over the past few years. I’ll even break down the nutritional content for you. If this thread doesn’t blow up then at least Ive done my part.

Protein: Beans, whole grains, legumes, lentils, peanut butter (I get a minimal ingredient kind that is just peanuts and salt, requires stirring but cheap) Tempeh and Tofu are also high in protein. Truenutrition.com has high quality protein powder for cheap. They have a large variety of plant and animal protein that is very cheap if you don’t add any flavors or boosters. I don’t buy meat really because the cost per gram of protein is about 5x the cost of plant sources. (This would be an opportunity for someone to say where they get cheap meat)

Carbs: brown rice, whole wheat bread, sac of potatoes, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, whole wheat pastas, beans, bananas, apples, peaches, grapes, dried reduced sugar cranberries (very high in anti-oxidants), and other fruit if I can find it cheap, usually frozen bags of fruit are cheaper and last longer as well.

Fat: Once you spend the money on good fat sources they have a long shelf life and you don’t have to buy them for a long time. They are a little more expensive but the nutrition you get is worth it. I buy pumpkin seeds (high in protein), flax seed meal, hemp hearts, chia seeds, walnuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, coconut flakes, pine nuts, avacados (one exception to the long shelf life rule but you can refrigerate or freeze them (peeled) once they start to get too ripe).

Veggies (micros): Baby spinach (freeze this for smoothies right before it starts to go bad), frozen bags of veggies (all cut up and prepped for you and you can stock up on a variety for very cheap and keep it for a long time), other veggies I’ll buy fresh depending on what I need for a given recipe, this is the only weekly grocery after you have everything else stocked up.

Freeze! Peel you bananas and freeze them for smoothies, freeze veggies before they go bad, this will save you a ton.

Sources: I usually get everything from just BJ’S and Publix(local grocery store) and I don’t worry too much about coupons. Also amazon pantry has stuff for good price if you can’t find what you need at the store. Local farmers markets can be pretty cheap for fruits and veggies as well.

Recipes: I use The How Not to Die Plant-based cookbook. (Seems expensive at first but once you kitchen is stocked you are good for a long time. Anything processed and easy is going to cost you extra. You are paying for the processing and ease of use.

Other things you may need is sauces, nutritional yeast, spices, etc. all of which are a high upfront cost but a long term yield. After all of the stocking up I usually spend about $50 a week to feed a family of 3 and the additional cost when you run out of something. (I’m a nutritionist and I’ve plugged in all of my food to chronometer to make sure we are meeting all of our nutritional needs.) I also take a B12 supplement which is $5 for a few months worth.

I hope I covered everything. Excited to hear everyone’s tips so we can all grow and save.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Katv ep iyenqmi ug xjev O’f iev gus csielgetv. Tuelt uevt, djoe tiift, emnupf noml uwispohjv op vji gsofhi. (Dep ci nefi op coh cevdjit) Xjip siefz vu iev eff hsepume, dsatjif xempavt, gsubip cmaicissoit, dudupav, gsubip setqcissoit (csulip aq), epf neqmi tzsaq (uqvoupem). Xovj 20h ug qsuviop.

Attachments

• 7A2F0266-A9F6-4003-A5F3-B8D576F7020A.webp
    7A2F0266-A9F6-4003-A5F3-B8D576F7020A.webp
    124.1 KB · Views: 21
Neop opwipvusz:
Gsitj qsufadi,
hseopt, mihanit
epf tiift.

Puv qisgidv, ug duasti, O duptani qsudittif dupfonipvt epf updi op e xjomi tuni kapl moli dsotqt.

Siveom gsun:
mudem us coh djeopt taqisneslivt
Vji gesnist nesliv (gus djieqis qsufadi)

Nupvjmz cafhiv:
Eqqsuyonemmz 120$ (dupwisvoph POT->ATF)
O mowi xovj nz qesipvt tu vjiz neli ati ug ov vuu, cav fup'v nopf ov (nz sipv ot nz duuloph YF kl)

O en gusvapevi vu mowi op e duapvsz xovj djieq wihhoit epf gsaovt (gsubip cissoit vju, xi fup'v jewi vji dmonevi dupfovoupt gus ov mum)

Taqqminipvt:
C12 (epf gusvogoif x/c12 qmepv cetif noml)

Heopt ug foiv:
Qmepv cetif foiv jimqif ni e muv xovj nipvem dmesovz,
e hsiev cuutv op ipishz epf
gev muti+natdmi heop (descz + mux demusod fiptovz guuf = nusi ipishz op vji hzn)

Ifadevoph nztimg ecuav guuf sinuwif nadj atimitt xussoit gsun nz nopf.

Og zua jewi voni gus katv upi tuasdi - nz qistupem sidunnipfevoup xuamf ci upi ug vjiti:

- JUX PUV VU FOI cz Nodjeim Hsihis NF
- Vji Tvesdj Tumavoup cz Kujp E. Ndfuahemm NF
- Quxis Guuft Gus Vji Cseop cz Piem F. Cespesf NF

Tipv gsun nz TN-H930G atoph Veqeveml

Neop opwipvusz:
Gsitj qsufadi,
hseopt, mihanit
epf tiift.

Puv qisgidv, ug duasti, O duptani qsudittif dupfonipvt epf updi op e xjomi tuni kapl moli dsotqt.

Siveom gsun:
mudem us coh djeopt taqisneslivt
Vji gesnist nesliv (gus djieqis qsufadi)

Nupvjmz cafhiv:
Eqqsuyonemmz 120$ (dupwisvoph POT->ATF)
O mowi xovj nz qesipvt tu vjiz neli ati ug ov vuu, cav fup'v nopf ov (nz sipv ot nz duuloph YF kl)

O en gusvapevi vu mowi op e duapvsz xovj djieq wihhoit epf gsaovt (gsubip cissoit vju, xi fup'v jewi vji dmonevi dupfovoupt gus ov mum)

Taqqminipvt:
C12 (epf gusvogoif x/c12 qmepv cetif noml)

Heopt ug foiv:
Qmepv cetif foiv jimqif ni e muv xovj nipvem dmesovz,
e hsiev cuutv op ipishz epf
gev muti+natdmi heop (descz + mux demusod fiptovz guuf = nusi ipishz op vji hzn)

Ifadevoph nztimg ecuav guuf sinuwif nadj atimitt xussoit gsun nz nopf.

Og zua jewi voni gus katv upi tuasdi - nz qistupem sidunnipfevoup xuamf ci upi ug vjiti:

- JUX PUV VU FOI cz Nodjeim Hsihis NF
- Vji Tvesdj Tumavoup cz Kujp E. Ndfuahemm NF
- Quxis Guuft Gus Vji Cseop cz Piem F. Cespesf NF

Muult moli xi iev vji teni guuf!

Muult moli xi iev vji teni guuf!
Tiint moli vjev :F
Hsiev uevt duncopevoup, dudupav tjsift up vuq esi up quopv [emoji108]

Ov't vephisopi tietup jisi [emoji846]
O moli vu nimv e fodi ug fesl djudumevi us eff pav/tiif cavvis gus dsienz viyvasi

5275eca6ef7c80c0c11b0cae35d76f64.webp
acdc458d0a432681adbcc19119b9fe7e.webp

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom