The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good idea or not?

Idea threads

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
As some of you may know, I've already been working on something, but here is another idea that with proper execution can possibly be the next big lead gen. market.

I've done a bit of research on this and there are a few companies out there doing it but it's more just some directories and the ones that are doing it just SUCK.

I was talking to a co-worker and he has a $700 drone. Someone in the local area asked him if he would take footage of her event (which he declined).

So -- I googled for a while and there IS a demand for drone operators. Now, anyone can buy a cheap drone but if businesses wanted some good footage you need someone with experience as an operator and has a good device. There's a HUGE community being built up around this, but very few that are connecting them to the community.

Most industries already have lead gen. models -- but this one since it's fairly new, there's only a few directory websites.

If someone made a good b2b website for local drone operators I believe it may become a lucrative platform.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Damage Inc.

There's no return from 86
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
I think you're on to something with this new market, but it's hard to say if this avenue is viable or not. There were photographers taking aerial footage and pictures with r/c helicopters before drones came along, so I don't know if this is differentiated enough from the regular photography field to have it's own lead gen website. I feel like it's more likely that a professional videographer or photographer buys a drone to increase business than a guy with a drone suddenly becomes a professional photographer. So are people going to be looking for professional photographers on a photography lead gen website and then filter for aerial capability (probably), or will they be looking for drone operators who moonlight as photographers? Maybe just jump in and try to connect a few people and see how it goes.

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
Real estate agents across the country could be customers.
That is true, I am a realtor myself. My fellow realtors and myself are always looking for someone to take some good aerial shots. I really think you could be on to something here.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I hate 90% of the ideas posted here.

I like yours.

Now the question is... Are you a playa or a player?

Are you going to make it happen?

Because... It could be awesome.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
This idea came up at C&B in 2014. We talked it over but I can't remember who all was around.

The biggest hurdle is going to be getting approval from the FAA to fly the drones for commercial purposes.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
I hate 90% of the ideas posted here.

I like yours.

Now the question is... Are you a playa or a player?

Are you going to make it happen?

Because... It could be awesome.

I've never revealed the idea I'm working on, I think it's better. I've full brim with great idea's, but they are worthless if they aren't excecuted. Thank you for the tip about realtors... IDK. This one seems pretty good to.

This idea came up at C&B in 2014. We talked it over but I can't remember who all was around.

The biggest hurdle is going to be getting approval from the FAA to fly the drones for commercial purposes.

Good point, but it wouldn't be my responsibility, I would just connect the contractor to the business. Lead generation.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
I have to admit I've already gotten some PM's about this and it sounds like it may be a good path to go down...

Mamadoo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 12, 2014
Toronto
Sounds like a good idea. Just checked it out, its being done. I say BEING because there are a few sites already out but they dont seem to prominent. Good luck!

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I see drone operators/owners advertising often for such work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.