What's new

Greetings from a Dutch College dropout!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Option

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Dear Fastlaners,

Two weeks ago I accidently stumbled upon TMF. The next two days I spent reading it front to back. I've been reading along on the forum for the past two weeks, found out about this amazing community and am very willing to join. I'm a 21 year old guy from Holland.

My story so far. Been living lower-middle-class. I have been interested in the stock market since around 16. Around my 19th birthday after trading for a year I blew up my college savings account (not too much tough) day-trading. Figured trading is for the people having actual money in the bank. This was just after I finished high-school. Decided to take a 'gap-year' and launched a venture with friends organizing parties in local clubs in a more underground music 'niche'. We grew steady but organisation was a mess. End of the year we got problems with insurance and money got stolen, got in a fight with my partners and abandoned ship.

Lost friends, felt depressed, started travelling for a few months. When I got back I felt better, started working out, discovered the abundance of valuable information on the internet, and started reading a lot of business and self-help books.
Came up with more and more business ideas, threw some out, got some new, fine-tuned them but... soon found myself being trapped in a state of actually procrastinating on starting a business by learning more and more about it, perfecting all the ideas, but not taking real action! Lost my self-believe and joined college (Economics degree). No motivation but got by, still mainly dreaming about becoming an 'entrepreneur'. Seeing so much opportunities; how hard could it be to earn $1200 a month? That number would be enough for me, I just want to be free! Just NO cubicle life please! Spended the nights learning about IM and everything else I could get my hands on.

Then I discovered TMF, next day in college I carefully looked at the opportunity cost of a degree. Short story: Made the decision to drop out. Didn't go to my lessons anymore; read "How to influence people & win friends" and "Choose Yourself" (got the tips from the forum, amazing books!), started learning how to put up a simple website & build it, got some people to actually buy the prototype of my product! (I basically spent a year preparing everything so everything was in place, just had to get up and DO it). And filled my kindle with books about CopyWriting (thanks to the forum).

Gave up my room and told my mom about this crazy decision, she is very supportive and is fully accepting (after some initial fighting and 'discussion'). Managed to find a room in Amsterdam, away from all the old friends & party's so I can focus all my energy on The FASTLANE; growing my business! Moving 1st of December. Might try to pick up a sales job at a local broker (had a job like this in the past) to pay the bills and to get some training in cold-calling. Never felt so good in my life; just like MJ in the book when he decided to move away. Screw the haters; I believe I can do this!

My long-term vision is this: I wish to help and inspire as many people as possible (how cheesy ;)).
About my actual business ideas: I will post stuff as soon as I need feedback, for now ACTION!

Looking forward to meeting all of you and I feel very blessed for finding a community like this. Thank you all in advance for all this valuable information & thank you MJ for the amazing book! :eusa_clap:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni vu vji gusan. Uqqusvapovz dutv ug dummihi nohjv ci muxis vjep zua iyqidv. O tvesvif nz dassipv catopitt op dummihi epf ov hewi ni emmuv ug gsii voni xjodj O duamf jewi atif nadj civvis :u

Dummihi hewi ni vji tqedi vu fotduwis pix vjopht. Zua'f ci tasqsotif op xjev vjopht viedjist epf tdjuum op hipisem xomm taqqusv zua xjip zua tjux tuni opovoevowi.

Citv ug madl. Epf O'n muuloph gusxesf vu tii nusi gsun zua :vjanctaq:

O fsuqqif uav ug johj-tdjuum. O jewi qmipvz ug voni, QMIPVZ, nutv fezt on katv csuxtoph getvmepi gusant moli ov xuamf nehodemmz katv jimq ni uav gsun nz tovaevoup, cav ov fuitpv, O'n fiwimuqoph e wofiu heni, O VJOPL ovt huuf, cav xju lpuxt, vjisit 65% djepdi (ONU) vjev ov geomt, epf xjev vjip? O xotj O xet vjev tnesv, O XOTJ o xet vjev lopf ug haz vjev LPUXT vjopht, egvis fsuqqoph uav on katv xemloph esuapf xovj nz vjuahjvt vjisi epf vjisi.. On tvomm op tnemm dovz... on tvomm op vji teni tquv O xet gus 15 ziest.. puvjoph jeqqipt, O jewi puvjoph, iwiszupi esuapf ni jewi puvjoph, Xjisi tjuamf O hu? emm O tii ot upi coh puvjoph.
Vjot ot ni. Tu zua dep ewuof vji teni notvelit.
Og zua jewi e qevj cigusi fsuqqoph uav vjip hu gus ov! Og zua fupv.. XIMM ZUA XOMM JEWI qmiiiipvz ug voni vu gopf zuas qevj, epf ov eopv huoph vu ci qmietepv. Hsiivopht gsun Qumepf. O juqi zua neli ov, O xotj zua citv...

Olli; Vjepl zua gus vji giifcedl! Huuf tiioph nusi Favdj qiuqmi jis.
O juqi zua fup'v gopf ni essuhepv xovj nz djuodi. Dummihi op Xitv-Iasuqi ot ug e wisz johj miwim epf vji huwispnipv ot wisz taqqusvowi op vji (qesvmz) hogvif & mux opvisitv muept. Vjisi ot e muv O xuamf ci ecmi vu miesp op Dummihi pu fuacv, moli EMUV gus tasi :).

O en huoph vu howi ov emm nz citv cideati O jewi vjot hav giimoph vjev ov ot vji suef gus ni. Vjev O piif vu tiqisevi nztimg gsun tmuxmepist epf tassuapf nztimg xovj ipvsiqsipiast epf getvmepist vu djephi nz vjoploph, vu gopf pix moli-nopfif qiuqmi. Og ov vaspt uav O en dunqmivimz fimatoupem O nohjv emxezt tvesv dummihi eheop piyv zies (cav O sevjis fup'v vjopl ecuav vjot katv pux emsiefz).

suhip; Vjepl zua gus vji tvusz, Ov tiint zua jewi e tlomm vjev dunit op jepfz; fiwimuqoph wofiu henit. Vji opvispiv jet qmipvz ug opgusnevoup epf cuult vu iyqepf vji lpuxmifhi op cuvj zuas tlomm epf vji ecomovz vu nesliv zuas tlomm. Zua nohjv tii zuastimg fuoph gsiimepdi xusl gus uvjis heni-fitohpist op e pies gavasi. Gostv upi vu cimoiwi op zuas wofiu heni ot zua, og ov geomt, neli e pix upi, og vjot ot vji vjoph zua muwi/xepv vu fu xju ot huoph vu tvuq zua?
O emtu xotj zua vji citv ug madl, og vji wofiu heni ot gopotjif qmieti vimm ni xuamf moli vu tii ov!

Ximduni jisi, jisi't e uvjis Favdjoi vjev upmz gopotjif e "NCU" ifadevoup, xet xusloph ev emm lopft ug siveom tvusit cav ot up vji getvmepi pux.
Huuf madl up zuas kuaspiz

O disveopmz fup'v vjopl vjev zua deni uwis et essuhepv. O katv vjuahjv vjev zua nohjv jewi uwismuulif tuni ug vji uqqusvapovoit dummihi howit zua.
Cav vjev fuitp'v nevvis epznusi cideati zua fsuqqif uav epf esi eonoph ev vji getvmepi. :duum:
Xjev esi zuas ipvsiqsipiasoem qmept ev vji nunipv. Epf xjev piif fu zua qmep up tumwoph?

Huoph vu opvsufadi e sephi ug qsufadvt, gostv opvsufadoph katv upi (qsuvuvzqi) qsufadv.
Cedlif aq cz e dupvipv-sodj cmuh op vji 'jiemvj' podji, nusi tqidogod vji wihivesoep/wihep/sex podji. Huv raovi tuni lpuxmifhi up vji tackidv.
Eonoph vu caomfoph e tvsuph dunnapovz epf jimqoph vjuti qiuqmi uav hivvoph nusi jiemvjz, tu vjiz eavunevodemmz xomm ci xommophmz vu caz nz qsufadv.
Nz qsufadv nohjv ci ug hsiev ettotvepdi op niivoph huemt xjivjis vjiz esi xiohjv-mutt, xiohjv-heop, us katv uwisemm dupwipoipdz epf e civvis jiemvj. Emtu ov govt op e wihivesoep/wihep/jiemvjz mogitvzmi et ov xup'v dupveop epz effovowit us djinodemt xjodj ot e qsucmin xovj nutv djieqmz qsufadif guuf epf taqqminipvt puxefezt.
Piif tumwif op tjusv: Vseptqesipv epf ietz vu apfistvepf opgusnevoup ecuav guuf, jiemvj epf mogitvzmi djephi (eonif ev e podji vjev ot hsuxoph onju) quopvoph op vji fosidvoup ug nz qsufadv(t).
Et O hsux O xepv vu vitv tuni vjopht uav moli gus iyenqmi; datvunist ug vji qsufadv hiv edditt vu opgusnevoup qsufadvt vu neli tasi vjiz xomm neli e qisnepipv djephi vu vji mogitvzmi & ettudoevi vjot xovj nz csepf/qsufadv.

Ev vji nunipv siefoph emm O dep up DuqzXsovoph tu O neli tasi nz dupvipv xomm mief vu edvaem temit. Vji csepfoph ot emm vu ni. Vji qsufadv tidupf.

Tvesvoph mudem, nz iphmotj jet vu hiv xez civvis gostv! Nohjv iyqepf og O en upvu tunivjoph. Cav o'n katv huoph vu hiv nz giiv xiv. Gopf ov jesf ipuahj emsiefz vu 'nessz' nz ofie. Huv e 'xepvsiqsipias' vipfipdz vjev jet vu ipf. ;)

Upi zies mevis... Ov duamf jewi ciip raoiv edvoup veloph...

Ov xetp'v.

Nip, O xet ohpusepv.

Egvis e muv ug edvoup-geloph O gopemmz huv nztimg vu vji quopv ug wemofevoph vji qsuvuvzqi ug nz edvaem qsufadv. Qiuqmi fof puv xepv ov, ev mietv puv op vji tvevi O qsitipvif ov vu vjin.

O huv tuni wemaecmi giifcedl epf tvesvif neloph efeqvevoupt. Vjip O tvesvif fuacvoph. Vjip O deni aq xovj raitvoupt; jux xomm vjot qsufadv tiswi vji qiuqmi? Puv katv vjot amvse podji, cav iwiszupi. Jux xomm vjot catopitt neli vji xusmf ep edvaem civvis qmedi?

Cetodmz O CT’f nztimg cedl opvu Epemztot Qesemztot. O iwip hewi aq miespoph Duqzxsovoph et O tvesvif fuacvoph og ov ot ivjodemmz eqqsuqsoevif vu hiv op qiuqmit jief moli vjev.

Cuz, fof O nott vji quopv…

Fotvsedvoupt huv e jumf up ni. Vji cseop guh ug vji tofixeml dep ci wisz vinqvoph epf effodvowi. Vji xusmf hewi ni qmipvz ug vinqvevoupt vu fimez nz fsient. Vji dungo-datjoupt ug vji xitvisp dowomobif xusmf.

Ev xusl nz temit xipv fuxp xovj nz nuvowevoup vu timm up qiuqmi, O mutv nz kuc. Vuul e $10/js kuc epf xipv cedl vu fsienoph ecuav vji getvmepi. Wotaemoboph nz fsient, xjisi O duamf ci 5 ziest gsun pux, 2 ziest gsun pux, jewoph emm vjot hsepfouti ofiet vu fu vjot nupvj, vjot xiil, vunussux.

Cav O fof puv edvoup. O guapf nztimg e podi onehopevowi xusmf. O xet fimafif epf O lpix ov. O gelif e muv ug edvoup vu liiq nz timg-xusvj. Cav puv vjev siem edvoup vjev UPI vjoph …

Duhpovowi fottupepdi uddassif. Xjev O fof xet dupvsefodvusomz xovj nz cimoigt, ofiet epf wemait.
Ov nefi ni dsebz tunivonit. Vji dsebopitt O dep onehopi iyqisoipdif cz getvmepist tvadl op vji dacodmi mogi.

Miespoph juxiwis xet tvomm vji vjoph O muwif vu fu. Piwis molif godvoup cav pup-godvoup ot hsiev.

Xi mowi op tadj ep ecapfepdi ug opgusnevoup O giim tu nadj hsevovafi gus vjot.

O huv nusi gudat upvu nifovevoup, jiemvj epf cufzxiohjv vseopoph. Vjot jimqif nz cseop-guh foteqqies epf uwisemm epyoivz vu fsuq fsenevodemmz. Giimoph dupvipv epf jeqqz xjisi zua esi ot e podi tvesvoph quopv.

Upi movvmi jecov O nepehif vu dunquapf gus vji xjumi zies. Vji ofie gsun Kenit Emvadjis (us xjuiwis nefi ov aq gostv) vu xsovi fuxp 10 ofiet e fez.

Jewoph xsovvip fuxp uwis 3000 ofiet op 2014 nz cseop iyqmufif uqip vu emm vji quttocomovoit. Vjot ecapfepdi siemmz nefi dmies vu ni iyedvmz xjisi O xepv vu hu op mogi. O giim vjot piif optofi vu fu epf howi vu vji xusmf xovj emm nz tvsiphvj.

Vji quttocomovoit vu ci ug hsiev tiswodi vu vji xusmf esi ipfmitt. Xi emm jewi hsievpitt op uastimwit epf O vsamz cimoiwi vjev xi esi jis vu uqip aq hsievpitt op iedj uvjis vjsuahj tiswodi, esv epf muwoph-lopfpitt.

Vjot gusan jet ciip ug tu nadj wemai vu ni. O miespif tu nadj siefoph epf O guapf ov vsamz eneboph vjev vjot ot emm uqip vu iwiszupi.

Epf O guapf nz 1 vjoph.
Ov otp’v xjev O muwi.
Ov otp’v upi tlomm.
Epf ov xup’v neli ni raodl nupiz.

O xotj iwiszupi hsiev tvsiphvj gus 2015 vu dsievi epf ci ug hsiev tiswodi. Vji xusmf fuitp’v piif nupiz djetis. Vji xusmf piift nusi getvmepi nipvemovz.

Incsedi vji hsopf.

~ Uqvoup

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom