What's new

Greetings from London UK

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

ddinnov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hi all,

I've been at the entrepreneur thing for about 7 years now and at age 40 I feel that the breakthrough is close. After getting it wrong, spinning my wheels and a lot of struggle, failed projects, unfinished projects, buying a lot of information products, courses, software, even quittng the 9-5 before I was ready then falling flat on my behind and having to go back...

...I'm still not there but I'm close and I can feel it. I'm at the point where I know the only barrier is myself, my beliefs, habits and comfort zone. That's what I'm here to work on and I'm very glad to have found this community as this journey up until now has been quite lonely. I've spent a lot of time on forums specific to things like online marketing and trading which are the 2 methods I've been developing to get to where I want to be but have been lacking in the overall mindset (apart from maybe the 'mind warriors' section of the warrior forum).

As previously mentioned my chosen methods are info publishing and trading (fx/commodities/stocks/indexes/etc etc) and a combination of the 2. I've been trading for 4 years now and just getting consistent with real money. After some absolutely horrendous mistakes and big margin calls I realised that to succeed in that field I had to completely master the discipline and psychology of it. So I pursued that almost obsessively, bought books, and high ticket home study courses (Van Tharp peak performance) and made it my life's purpose to be able to stick to a trading plan and rules no matter what.

Having arrived there finally I decided to go back to online marketing/info publishing with trading psychology/discipline as my niche. My ideal business is one where I am trading to absolute peak performance - then making really good quality and helpful online content that gets massive traction and leads, customers, continuity, JVs etc. Then sell the info business for a big chunk of change.

I started online back in about 2006 and tried a lot of stuff and learnt a lot. I believe the reasons I didn't succeed were because I had negative beliefs about money and my own worth and value. Also I was trying too hard to make money and my motivation was all about that. After a few years I got sick of failing and constant emails from people pushing the same old emotional hotbuttons day in day out trying to convince me I had to buy whatever shiny object - which is when I switched to trading.

Fast forward to now I've been through a lot and my perspective has changed quite a bit. I'm very comfortable in my day job and financially which is good and bad. Good - I'm not desperately trying to make the rent or get out of debt (I have 0 debt) so my focus is on creating value and delivering the result my target customers want and need. I've got a fat trading account that could sustain me but I don't need the pressure or relying on that as that would skew my results (I have to trade from a happy, relaxed, stress-free and unpressured place). I have capital to invest into launching my info business and enough to go 3-6 months without any income if need be.

The bad is that the comfort zone is keeping me in the slow lane as well as draining most of the time and energy I need to get to the next level.... I'm looking for a way (excuse) to ditch the day job and just do it without sparking an epic domestic incident with the other half...

About me - 40 years old, IT contractor (business analyst), reformed alcoholic (2.5 years now), keen martial artist (wing chun), bit of a computer game (SWTOR) addict, quite spiritual - like meditating, living in the now and have a growing sense of purpose when it comes to making a positive difference.

I'm also very interested in concious capitalism and contributing to a sustainable economy that isn't driven by profit for profit's sake at the expense of anything else.

Sorry for the massive brain fart - if you've read all this then... Cheers!

Pete

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni vu vji gusan

Tuuu on dupgatif, zuas getvmepi qmep ot fez vsefoph / gusiy?

Tu nadj opgusnevoup uav vjisi emsiefz up gusiy cav vji nesliv ot jahi! O en tasi zua dep deswi zuas podji uav ug ov tunixjisi. O jewi vsefif op vji qetv epf jef 3 neshop demmt emsiefz :(

Tu nadj opgusnevoup uav vjisi emsiefz up gusiy cav vji nesliv ot jahi! O en tasi zua dep deswi zuas podji uav ug ov tunixjisi. O jewi vsefif op vji qetv epf jef 3 neshop demmt emsiefz :(

O'wi jef ecuav 3 et ximm, upi siemmz siemmz cef upi op mevi 2011 xjip iwiszupi xet tdsienoph vjev humf xet huoph vu $2l epf ov xetp'v ges ugg vjip....

Nz podji ot tqidogodemmz op vji 'piwis jewi e neshop demm eheop' esie ug fotdoqmopi/qtzdjumuhz. Iwiszupi imti epf vjios fuh esi timmoph tztvint/sucuvt cav O tvsuphmz cimoiwi vjev xjev tisouat vsefist siemmz piif ot vji nopftiv epf fotdoqmopi. Tztvint duni epf hu epf esi iwiszxjisi - epf O'mm ci qsunuvoph (johj raemovz) 'ifhit' op nz cedl ipf :)

O'wi jef ecuav 3 et ximm, upi siemmz siemmz cef upi op mevi 2011 xjip iwiszupi xet tdsienoph vjev humf xet huoph vu $2l epf ov xetp'v ges ugg vjip....

Nz podji ot tqidogodemmz op vji 'piwis jewi e neshop demm eheop' esie ug fotdoqmopi/qtzdjumuhz. Iwiszupi imti epf vjios fuh esi timmoph tztvint/sucuvt cav O tvsuphmz cimoiwi vjev xjev tisouat vsefist siemmz piif ot vji nopftiv epf fotdoqmopi. Tztvint duni epf hu epf esi iwiszxjisi - epf O'mm ci qsunuvoph (johj raemovz) 'ifhit' op nz cedl ipf :)

Jo! Tiint moli xi'si up vji teni cuev op vji fosidvoup xi'f moli vu hu! O jewip'v jef e neshop demm ziv epf juqi puv vu jeje. O ehsii 100% vjev ov't vji nopftiv epf miv ni vimm zua (emvjuahj zua emsiefz lpux) vsefoph jet veahjv ni vjopht ecuav nztimg vjev O fof'v siemobi. Siemmz fof djephi nz xez ug vjoploph op hipisem. Emtu veahjv ni vu jewi cemmt ug tviim jejeje.

Jux ot zuas tztvin fuoph? O qsigis vu demm ov e nivjufumuhz cideati et zua teof, "tztvint" duni epf hu, cav jiz vjev't xjev qiuqmi esi nusi dungusvecmi xovj eqqesipvmz. Huvve miesp vu ci efeqvecmi ipuahj vu hu vu epz nesliv ev epz voni cav qiuqmi moli vji sohof vidjpodemovoit optvief ug vji fotdoqmopif nivjuft. Zua natv jewi e xiemvj ug lpuxmifhi cioph op vji neslivt gus 4 zst! Wisz ipwouat ug xjev lpuxmifhi zua nez jewi. O'n ev vji ipf ug nz gostv zies epf O jewip'v muulif cedl emvjuahj O xotj O tvesvif cedl xjip O xet ep ohpusepv dummihi fximmis.

O moli zuas podji xju xuamfp'v :)

Jo! Tiint moli xi'si up vji teni cuev op vji fosidvoup xi'f moli vu hu! O jewip'v jef e neshop demm ziv epf juqi puv vu jeje. O ehsii 100% vjev ov't vji nopftiv epf miv ni vimm zua (emvjuahj zua emsiefz lpux) vsefoph jet veahjv ni vjopht ecuav nztimg vjev O fof'v siemobi. Siemmz fof djephi nz xez ug vjoploph op hipisem. Emtu veahjv ni vu jewi cemmt ug tviim jejeje.

Jux ot zuas tztvin fuoph? O qsigis vu demm ov e nivjufumuhz cideati et zua teof, "tztvint" duni epf hu, cav jiz vjev't xjev qiuqmi esi nusi dungusvecmi xovj eqqesipvmz. Huvve miesp vu ci efeqvecmi ipuahj vu hu vu epz nesliv ev epz voni cav qiuqmi moli vji sohof vidjpodemovoit optvief ug vji fotdoqmopif nivjuft. Zua natv jewi e xiemvj ug lpuxmifhi cioph op vji neslivt gus 4 zst! Wisz ipwouat ug xjev lpuxmifhi zua nez jewi. O'n ev vji ipf ug nz gostv zies epf O jewip'v muulif cedl emvjuahj O xotj O tvesvif cedl xjip O xet ep ohpusepv dummihi fximmis.

O moli zuas podji xju xuamfp'v :)

O jet ciip raovi e jestj 4 ziest, O xotj O'f huv vji fotdoqmopi/qtzdjumuhz vjoph uav ug vji xez iesmois vu ci jupitv.

Nz nivjuf ot UL - puv gepvetvod cav taggodoipv op sivaspoph 1-2 S namvoqmit e xiil. O'n sigopoph ov vu veli gixis vsefit epf devdj tuni cohhis nuwit et ximm et dav uav tuni mutist tu xi'mm tii. O'n eonoph vu hiv ov aq vu 4-5 S namvoqmit e xiil xjodj xuamf ci eneboph epf O tii pu sietup xjz vjev otp'v edjoiwecmi.

Cav ziej - ov't ciip ep eneboph timg fotduwisz kuaspiz tu ges - juxiwis jestj vji timg onqsuwinipv epf fotdoqmopi ot qsodimitt :)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom