stuartk
New Contributor
- Joined
- Mar 12, 2014
- Messages
- 1
Rep Bank
$90
$90
User Power: 100%
Hi All,
Just finished reading TMF the other day, and wanted to come on here and get stuck in. It's quite a busy community you have going on!
Bit of background. I'm 38, married with 5 kids, and I live in Cornwall in the UK, which is a beautiful part of the country. I've had various careers, starting with teaching guitar, then working for the Police, and for the last 8 years I've been a web developer.
Just recently I hit my monthly income target for contract development work, which is a pretty good salary. But my income is still very much tied to my time. I was about the pull the trigger and start ramping up clients and building a web development company. But then I read TMF and started to re-evaluate things.
A web development company, unless it got really big, would be very much a slowlane business. After working out what my Fast lane monthly income target is (£55k/$90k) I realised that wouldn't happen fast enough building that sort of company.
So, armed with programming skills, I'm looking to develop a software and/or hardware product that is needed, can scale, and all that Fast lane goodness. I'm going to a design jam on health care at the end of the month where a bunch of medical and health care professionals get together with designers and techies and tell them what their problems and needs are. I hope to get some great ideas from this to go and build something people actually need.
Also Google are releasing their wearable tech sdk for Android, so there's another avenue for me to explore and get in early.
Sorry for the length post, just wanted to get this out there.
Cheers
Stuart
Just finished reading TMF the other day, and wanted to come on here and get stuck in. It's quite a busy community you have going on!
Bit of background. I'm 38, married with 5 kids, and I live in Cornwall in the UK, which is a beautiful part of the country. I've had various careers, starting with teaching guitar, then working for the Police, and for the last 8 years I've been a web developer.
Just recently I hit my monthly income target for contract development work, which is a pretty good salary. But my income is still very much tied to my time. I was about the pull the trigger and start ramping up clients and building a web development company. But then I read TMF and started to re-evaluate things.
A web development company, unless it got really big, would be very much a slowlane business. After working out what my Fast lane monthly income target is (£55k/$90k) I realised that wouldn't happen fast enough building that sort of company.
So, armed with programming skills, I'm looking to develop a software and/or hardware product that is needed, can scale, and all that Fast lane goodness. I'm going to a design jam on health care at the end of the month where a bunch of medical and health care professionals get together with designers and techies and tell them what their problems and needs are. I hope to get some great ideas from this to go and build something people actually need.
Also Google are releasing their wearable tech sdk for Android, so there's another avenue for me to explore and get in early.
Sorry for the length post, just wanted to get this out there.
Cheers
Stuart
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
