The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join today.

Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has helped entrepreneurs win their freedom with over 38,000 game-changing posts. Join over 90,000 members and a library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Have you ever had an Amazon package stolen from your front porch? (Generating ideas to fix this problem of porch pirating)

Idea threads

Gypsy Soul

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jun 27, 2024
San Antonio, TX
Hey it's 5AM and wondering if anyone has ever had a Amazon (or other) package stolen from their front porch?

Ideas in my head
1) What ways can I deter/prevent package thieves
2) Ring Cam is not enough
3) Should I create a custom locker for my Amazon packages?
4) Should I automate the retrieval of my package while I am not home?
5) Should I pay someone to retrieve my package from front porch?
6) Should I install a larger front door chute?

Just brainstorming ideas. Please let me know if you have solved this problem in your own experiences.

Thanks
:praise:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• istockphoto-1339164248-612x612.jpg
    istockphoto-1339164248-612x612.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 8

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
In the UK a delivery is not legally a delivery just by leaving a package on the doorstep and taking a picture. It actually has to be delivered to the person.

So now the delivery companies all text you with a link to say where do you want your package left if you are out and it can't be posted as a way to bypass this law as it was costing them £millions (The retailer has to refund and they therefore don't pay the delivery company)

So now I start to see houses with these by the front door if there is space.

In the US almost every property has plenty of space. In your picture there would be zero problem this being bolted to the wall.

So when you get the text from the delivery company you just put the code in for them to open the box. The they can take a photo of the parcel in the box which is proof they must have opened the box and then just shut it and flip the dials to lock it.

Whole thing takes them 30 seconds which isn't much longer than just putting it on the doorstep and they won't have any charge backs from the retailers.

Problem is that most UK housing stock is Victorain terraced houses where the front door opens straight onto the pavement so there is nowhere to have such a box and only option is for the delivery to be left on the doorstep for any thieving scrote to take.

You don't have this problem.

Dan

Gypsy Soul

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jun 27, 2024
San Antonio, TX
In the UK a delivery is not legally a delivery just by leaving a package on the doorstep and taking a picture. It actually has to be delivered to the person.

So now the delivery companies all text you with a link to say where do you want your package left if you are out and it can't be posted as a way to bypass this law as it was costing them £millions (The retailer has to refund and they therefore don't pay the delivery company)

So now I start to see houses with these by the front door if there is space.

In the US almost every property has plenty of space. In your picture there would be zero problem this being bolted to the wall.

So when you get the text from the delivery company you just put the code in for them to open the box. The they can take a photo of the parcel in the box which is proof they must have opened the box and then just shut it and flip the dials to lock it.

Whole thing takes them 30 seconds which isn't much longer than just putting it on the doorstep and they won't have any charge backs from the retailers.

Problem is that most UK housing stock is Victorain terraced houses where the front door opens straight onto the pavement so there is nowhere to have such a box and only option is for the delivery to be left on the doorstep for any thieving scrote to take.

You don't have this problem.

Dan
Those lockable parcels are an eye sore. This is my 1st time seeing one of those things. I would hate to have one of those in my front yard. And I would rather not drive to an Amazon locker it's just a time suck to me. Thanks Dan.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

This isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. Since 2007, multi-millionaire entrepreneur and best-selling author MJ DeMarco has been a daily, hands-on mentor at the Fastlane Forum, authoring a staggering 38,000 posts filled with invaluable insights, strategies, and advice. When you join Fastlane, you’re not merely becoming a member—you’re entering MJ’s inner circle, a supportive home where you’re never left to navigate alone. Embrace the power of true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read/response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.