I know that some people have a lot of experience in the health supplement field. Here is my question: Has anyone here ever made Whey Protein Powder at home? If so, then how did you do it (if you don't mind sharing)? I can't find the methodology on Google.
My idea is pretty simple. It might be stupid. It might exist. I don't really know. It's just an idea.
For those of you who don't know. A lot of people who workout drink protein either after their workout and/or at various times throughout the day. There are many different types of protein, Whey apparently is one of the more effective kinds. Drinking protein kind of sucks sometimes. It can be expensive, it can get chunky in your water or milk, and it can make you feel bloated, and you have to take the time to drink it. There are various ways to deal with these issues, such as using a shaker cup, mixing it with fruits, and so on. Actually I find that whey doesn't clump as much as others.
So my idea is simple. Use the concept of 5 hour energy and consolidate the protein shake into a protein shot. It would come in a bottle just like 5 hour energy. The consumer will be able to quickly consume their protein shake in one gulp and continue with their day. This will save them time, prevent the bloated feeling that some people get, and they can take the protein on the go.
The problem here is that I would have to figure out how make the whey protein. I also would have to figure out how to make it a liquid, which can be stored at room temp. Luckily my sister's husbon is a Chemistry major with experience with supplements, so I might take this idea to him. I know that he hates drinking protein as well haha
If this doesn't exist, then there might be some potential here. I could easily market it myself in my spare time, or just try to license it to one of the millions of supplement companies out there.
Anyone have any experience with creating protein from scratch? If the idea doesn't exist, then can I just create the packaging, formula, and the brand, then licensee it to a company that already has the systems in place to produce the liquid?
My idea is pretty simple. It might be stupid. It might exist. I don't really know. It's just an idea.
For those of you who don't know. A lot of people who workout drink protein either after their workout and/or at various times throughout the day. There are many different types of protein, Whey apparently is one of the more effective kinds. Drinking protein kind of sucks sometimes. It can be expensive, it can get chunky in your water or milk, and it can make you feel bloated, and you have to take the time to drink it. There are various ways to deal with these issues, such as using a shaker cup, mixing it with fruits, and so on. Actually I find that whey doesn't clump as much as others.
So my idea is simple. Use the concept of 5 hour energy and consolidate the protein shake into a protein shot. It would come in a bottle just like 5 hour energy. The consumer will be able to quickly consume their protein shake in one gulp and continue with their day. This will save them time, prevent the bloated feeling that some people get, and they can take the protein on the go.
The problem here is that I would have to figure out how make the whey protein. I also would have to figure out how to make it a liquid, which can be stored at room temp. Luckily my sister's husbon is a Chemistry major with experience with supplements, so I might take this idea to him. I know that he hates drinking protein as well haha
If this doesn't exist, then there might be some potential here. I could easily market it myself in my spare time, or just try to license it to one of the millions of supplement companies out there.
Anyone have any experience with creating protein from scratch? If the idea doesn't exist, then can I just create the packaging, formula, and the brand, then licensee it to a company that already has the systems in place to produce the liquid?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
