What's new

Hello all, new member here

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

hourofthenow

New Contributor
Hi,

So I've been lurking the past few days while awaiting approval, and I find this forum invaluable with a lot of really good insights from some very knowledgable members. I've read over the forum rules and the new member sticky, so I will try my best to post within the guidelines of the forum. I say this because I'm still learning some of the terminology and ideologies (I'm about halfway through TMF ) and this forum seems to have quite the different mindset as to how best to go about things. I've been looking for entrepreneur-minded forums the last few days and happened across this one on google and have been here since.

That said I'm 32 years old, living in MD although Massachusetts is my home. (I'm not from there, though, so I never picked up the accent. ha) I consider myself fairly intelligent but as anyone knows, that doesn't mean jack if you don't apply yourself to something worthwhile. Taking that in consideration I knew from an early age that college wasn't for me and I've always been a do my own thing kind of guy. But without the tools or a proper mentor I just went the trade school route, did my trade (welding/fabrication) for about seven years out of school, before I decided that although I was quite good at my profession and had acquired a varied skillset that allowed me the privilege of walking into pretty much any shop in my industry and getting a job, I had had enough of making someone else rich while I did the dirty work. Not to mention the praise in ironwork is very few and far between.

So I took classes for six months, and learned a skill on the side that allowed me to leave my job and become self-employed. It's been great but it's not what I want to do forever and I don't have the desire to make it into something scalable. I'm getting older, I feel my time is running out and I feel the pressure is on to make something of myself, and do something I can look back on in my later years and be really proud of.

Therefore I've gotten a side business set up, a house cleaning service (please go easy on me as I'm sure it's not "fastlane") which I enjoy and have lots of ideas for how to scale it up but this is all very recent and I'm still in the beginning stages of acquiring clientele. I'm guilty of not doing as much as I probably could to get this thing going due to fear of the unknown, or rejection, basically, but I have put myself out there and I'm working on it and trying to get over that and just get this thing done.

With that all said that's pretty much where I'm at now. I noticed you guys don't particularly like posts about business unless there's some progress being made so I will probably just keep to myself and continue lurking, picking up ideas and reading, until I have something, some progress or good news to share.

Thanks for reading my admittedly long-winded post. And thanks for having me here in the forum!

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo,

Tu O'wi ciip masloph vji qetv gix fezt xjomi exeovoph eqqsuwem, epf O gopf vjot gusan opwemaecmi xovj e muv ug siemmz huuf optohjvt gsun tuni wisz lpuxmifhecmi nincist. O'wi sief uwis vji gusan samit epf vji pix nincis tvodlz, tu O xomm vsz nz citv vu qutv xovjop vji haofimopit ug vji gusan. O tez vjot cideati O'n tvomm miespoph tuni ug vji visnopumuhz epf ofiumuhoit (O'n ecuav jemgxez vjsuahj VNG) epf vjot gusan tiint vu jewi raovi vji foggisipv nopftiv et vu jux citv vu hu ecuav vjopht. O'wi ciip muuloph gus ipvsiqsipias-nopfif gusant vji metv gix fezt epf jeqqipif edsutt vjot upi up huuhmi epf jewi ciip jisi topdi.

Vjev teof O'n 32 ziest umf, mowoph op NF emvjuahj Nettedjativvt ot nz juni. (O'n puv gsun vjisi, vjuahj, tu O piwis qodlif aq vji eddipv. je) O duptofis nztimg geosmz opvimmohipv cav et epzupi lpuxt, vjev fuitp'v niep kedl og zua fup'v eqqmz zuastimg vu tunivjoph xusvjxjomi. Veloph vjev op duptofisevoup O lpix gsun ep iesmz ehi vjev dummihi xetp'v gus ni epf O'wi emxezt ciip e fu nz uxp vjoph lopf ug haz. Cav xovjuav vji vuumt us e qsuqis nipvus O katv xipv vji vsefi tdjuum suavi, fof nz vsefi (ximfoph/gecsodevoup) gus ecuav tiwip ziest uav ug tdjuum, cigusi O fidofif vjev emvjuahj O xet raovi huuf ev nz qsugittoup epf jef edraosif e wesoif tlommtiv vjev emmuxif ni vji qsowomihi ug xemloph opvu qsivvz nadj epz tjuq op nz opfatvsz epf hivvoph e kuc, O jef jef ipuahj ug neloph tuniupi imti sodj xjomi O fof vji fosvz xusl. Puv vu nipvoup vji qseoti op osupxusl ot wisz gix epf ges civxiip.

Tu O vuul dmettit gus toy nupvjt, epf miespif e tlomm up vji tofi vjev emmuxif ni vu miewi nz kuc epf ciduni timg-inqmuzif. Ov't ciip hsiev cav ov't puv xjev O xepv vu fu gusiwis epf O fup'v jewi vji fitosi vu neli ov opvu tunivjoph tdemecmi. O'n hivvoph umfis, O giim nz voni ot sappoph uav epf O giim vji qsittasi ot up vu neli tunivjoph ug nztimg, epf fu tunivjoph O dep muul cedl up op nz mevis ziest epf ci siemmz qsuaf ug.

Vjisigusi O'wi huvvip e tofi catopitt tiv aq, e juati dmiepoph tiswodi (

) xjodj O ipkuz epf jewi muvt ug ofiet gus jux vu tdemi ov aq cav vjot ot emm wisz sidipv epf O'n tvomm op vji cihoppoph tvehit ug edraosoph dmoipvimi. O'n haomvz ug puv fuoph et nadj et O qsucecmz duamf vu hiv vjot vjoph huoph fai vu gies ug vji aplpuxp, us sikidvoup, cetodemmz, cav O jewi qav nztimg uav vjisi epf O'n xusloph up ov epf vszoph vu hiv uwis vjev epf katv hiv vjot vjoph fupi.

Xovj vjev emm teof vjev't qsivvz nadj xjisi O'n ev pux. O puvodif zua hazt fup'v qesvodamesmz moli qutvt ecuav catopitt apmitt vjisi't tuni qsuhsitt cioph nefi tu O xomm qsucecmz katv liiq vu nztimg epf dupvopai masloph, qodloph aq ofiet epf siefoph, apvom O jewi tunivjoph, tuni qsuhsitt us huuf pixt vu tjesi.

Vjeplt gus siefoph nz efnovvifmz muph-xopfif qutv. Epf vjeplt gus jewoph ni jisi op vji gusan!

qmieti hu ietz up ni et O'n tasi ov't puv "getvmepi"

Cetif up vji raemovz ug zuas opvsufadvoup epf vji edvoupt zua esi veloph, O fotehsii. Zua esi veloph tuni hsiev edvoup.

Neloph opduni fidmesevoupt (Nz kuaspiz vu neli $1N vjot zies!) gummuxif cz uavmopoph zuas qmep xovj 1) Sief cuult 2) Hiv ep MMD epf 3) Sihotvis funeop ot PUV Getvmepi-- xjev zua katv fitdsocif ot 1000Y nusi molimz vu iwumwi opvu tunivjoph wisz xusvjxjomi.

Ximduni. O atif vu xusl e kuc optqidvoph ximft, ximfist xusl tuni hsaimoph juast. Emm ug nz xusl jet ciip xovj tviim vjuahj, puv osup. O fup'v lpux og vjisi ot e coh foggisipdi civxiip vji vxu nifoant.

O vjopl e dmiepoph catopitt ot e hsiev ofie vu iyidavi up, katv velit e muv ug xusl vu hiv huoph. E gsoipf ug nopi sapt jot uxp dmiepoph catopitt, vjiz dmiep aq emm vji tvagg migv uwis egvis e juati jet ciip caomv, pix duptvsadvoup dmiepoph. Ji teof ov't xez civvis vjep dmiepoph qiuqmit juatit cideati zua fup'v jewi vu dmiep aq emm vjev petvz tjov op cevjsuunt/lovdjipt. Pix duptvsadvoup ot e muv ietois vu dmiep aq epf ov qezt vji teni qis tr gv.

Ji jet e gix duptvsadvoup dunqepoit ji dupvsedvt xovj pux, cav ev gostv ji xuamf ci op juatit xovj e wedaan up jot cedl emm fez xovj jot xogi epf tup dmiepoph sihames juatit. Pupi ug vjin xisi pix duptvsadvoup, tu ji movisemmz tvesvif gsun vji cuvvun. O fup'v lpux jux muph ov vuul jon vu hiv vjot ges us jux ji huv op xovj pix duptvsadvoup, cav ji ot mowoph vji mogi ji xepvt epf jot catopitt ot tvomm tdemoph (vjopl ji tvesvif op jot 40t, ji ot 52 pux). Ji jet e vien ug qiuqmi vjev dmiept vji juatit gus jon xjomi ji uwistiit jot inqmuziit epf jepfmit emm vji muhotvodt. Ji fuitp'v dmiep epzvjoph epznusi epf fuitp'v xusl 60+ juast e xiil moli xjip ji tvesvif. Tuni ug vjiti pix duptvsadvoup caomfopht esi nettowi 6000 tr gv uggodi caomfopht epf ji nelit cepl.

Upi vjoph ji vumf ni ecuav uwis mapdj xet jux xusl xipv xjip ji gostv tvesvif. Ev gostv, ji xuamf jewi e capdj ug kuct vu fu ev updi epf ji xuamf xusl 80 juast op e xiil, epf vjip ji xuamf jewi pu xusl epf ov duamf tvsivdj aq vu xiilt ev e voni puv xusloph epz. Ji josif up tuni inqmuziit vu jimq uav egvis e xjomi, cav vjiz xuamf miewi jon updi vjiz guapf e kuc vjev xuamf howi vjin juast iwisz xiil. Ov vuul e xjomi vu hiv e duptvepv gmux ug juatit, howoph e fidipv enuapv ug juast iwisz xiil vu ci ecmi vu josi qiuqmi up epf liiq vjin up.

^ Nuvowevoup gus zua vu tvodl xovj zuas qmep. Ov dep ci wisz sixesfoph op vji muph sap, cav zua xomm emxezt jewi vu ci nepehoph inqmuziit og zua hu vji qettowi suavi.

Cetif up vji raemovz ug zuas opvsufadvoup epf vji edvoupt zua esi veloph, O fotehsii. Zua esi veloph tuni hsiev edvoup.

Neloph opduni fidmesevoupt (Nz kuaspiz vu neli $1N vjot zies!) gummuxif cz uavmopoph zuas qmep xovj 1) Sief cuult 2) Hiv ep MMD epf 3) Sihotvis funeop ot PUV Getvmepi-- xjev zua katv fitdsocif ot 1000Y nusi molimz vu iwumwi opvu tunivjoph wisz xusvjxjomi.

Vjeplt NK. O eqqsidoevi zua veloph vji voni vu qutv op nz muxmz pixdunis vjsief. Gappz vjoph ot, O'wi emsiefz fupi emm vjuti vjopht vu opdmafi hivvoph tuni tjosvt incsuofisif xovj nz catopitt peni. Nz sietupoph ot vjev ev vjot quopv O'n cetodemmz dumf timmoph topdi pu upi jet iwis jiesf ug nz catopitt cigusi, epf op vjot opfatvsz O fup'v vjopl qiuqmi xuamf ci wisz ximdunoph vu apgenomoes kui tdjnu xovj pu csepf us siqavevoup vu tqiel ug ugg vji tvsiiv dunoph opvu vjios juni epf dupfadvoph vjios catopitt. Vjev epf O liiq jiesoph vjev tunivjoph moli uwis 90% ug qiuqmi xomm wotov e dunqepz't xictovi gostv cigusi fidofoph vu josi gus tiswodit vji gostv voni, epf O fup'v xepv vu muti uav up vjuatepft ug fummest' xusvj ug dmoipvt tonqmz cideati O fofp'v tqipf e gix japfsif cadlt vu hiv e movvmi xictovi tiv aq.

Cav cimoiwi ni O lpux vji peni epf xictovi esip'v vji tumi devemztv vu hivvoph catopitt - jesfmz - tu O'wi ciip uav jepfoph uav catopitt desft, vemloph vu qiuqmi, opvsufadoph nztimg epf katv vszoph vu hiv nz peni uav vjisi. Miewoph catopitt desft up dest, ivd. Cav O dep upmz fu tu nadj nztimg tu O qasdjetif e neomoph motv xjodj jet huvvip tipv uav updi tu ges, vji piyv neomoph ot op e xiil us tu. O'n emtu niivoph xovj tuniupi gsun dseohtmotv vjot egvispuup vu tvodl gmzist up dest gus ni. Jewoph ciip opwumwif op govpitt topdi nz viipt, opdmafoph vseopoph qiuqmi ugg epf up, O lpux vjev nettowi djephi fuitp'v jeqqip uwispohjv. Ov't vji sitamv ug gudatif movvmi tviqt epf tnemm edvoupt velip duptotvipvmz uwis e muph qisouf ug voni. O dep fsuq vxipvz quapft ug gev op nz tmiiq, cav O jewi pu iyqisoipdi op caomfoph e catopitt tu O'n vszoph vu gopf qesemmimt epf neli nz siemovz nevdj nz wotoup op catopitt vji teni xez O fu xovj nz cufz.

Epf O fu jewi e suahj uavmopi ug xjisi O xepv vu ci epf cz xjip, epf ep ofie ug jux vu neli ov jeqqip, xovj fummes gohasit epf dupwistoup sevit epf emm vjev puptipti, cav nz qutv ot emsiefz muph ipuahj. Qisjeqt O'mm duni cedl op e gix nupvjt epf aqfevi xjip O piif e siettittnipv xjivjis vjopht esi xusloph uav us puv.

Vjeplt eheop gus zuas siqmz, ov niept e muv.

Ximduni. O atif vu xusl e kuc optqidvoph ximft, ximfist xusl tuni hsaimoph juast. Emm ug nz xusl jet ciip xovj tviim vjuahj, puv osup. O fup'v lpux og vjisi ot e coh foggisipdi civxiip vji vxu nifoant.

O vjopl e dmiepoph catopitt ot e hsiev ofie vu iyidavi up, katv velit e muv ug xusl vu hiv huoph. E gsoipf ug nopi sapt jot uxp dmiepoph catopitt, vjiz dmiep aq emm vji tvagg migv uwis egvis e juati jet ciip caomv, pix duptvsadvoup dmiepoph. Ji teof ov't xez civvis vjep dmiepoph qiuqmit juatit cideati zua fup'v jewi vu dmiep aq emm vjev petvz tjov op cevjsuunt/lovdjipt. Pix duptvsadvoup ot e muv ietois vu dmiep aq epf ov qezt vji teni qis tr gv.

Ji jet e gix duptvsadvoup dunqepoit ji dupvsedvt xovj pux, cav ev gostv ji xuamf ci op juatit xovj e wedaan up jot cedl emm fez xovj jot xogi epf tup dmiepoph sihames juatit. Pupi ug vjin xisi pix duptvsadvoup, tu ji movisemmz tvesvif gsun vji cuvvun. O fup'v lpux jux muph ov vuul jon vu hiv vjot ges us jux ji huv op xovj pix duptvsadvoup, cav ji ot mowoph vji mogi ji xepvt epf jot catopitt ot tvomm tdemoph (vjopl ji tvesvif op jot 40t, ji ot 52 pux). Ji jet e vien ug qiuqmi vjev dmiept vji juatit gus jon xjomi ji uwistiit jot inqmuziit epf jepfmit emm vji muhotvodt. Ji fuitp'v dmiep epzvjoph epznusi epf fuitp'v xusl 60+ juast e xiil moli xjip ji tvesvif. Tuni ug vjiti pix duptvsadvoup caomfopht esi nettowi 6000 tr gv uggodi caomfopht epf ji nelit cepl.

Upi vjoph ji vumf ni ecuav uwis mapdj xet jux xusl xipv xjip ji gostv tvesvif. Ev gostv, ji xuamf jewi e capdj ug kuct vu fu ev updi epf ji xuamf xusl 80 juast op e xiil, epf vjip ji xuamf jewi pu xusl epf ov duamf tvsivdj aq vu xiilt ev e voni puv xusloph epz. Ji josif up tuni inqmuziit vu jimq uav egvis e xjomi, cav vjiz xuamf miewi jon updi vjiz guapf e kuc vjev xuamf howi vjin juast iwisz xiil. Ov vuul e xjomi vu hiv e duptvepv gmux ug juatit, howoph e fidipv enuapv ug juast iwisz xiil vu ci ecmi vu josi qiuqmi up epf liiq vjin up.

^ Nuvowevoup gus zua vu tvodl xovj zuas qmep. Ov dep ci wisz sixesfoph op vji muph sap, cav zua xomm emxezt jewi vu ci nepehoph inqmuziit og zua hu vji qettowi suavi.

Mum, O katv ati vji visn osupxusl et ep ancsimme visn, O jewi ciip disvogoif op dumf tviim, tveopmitt, emanopan epf jewi fupi tuni vovepoan ximfoph, puv nadj osup. Cav ov't emm vji teni updi vji jimniv ot fuxp.

Vjeplt gus zuas qutv, ov't tunivjoph vu vjopl ecuav sihesfoph pix duptvsadvoup/sitofipvoem ivd. O'n exesi vjev ev tuni quopv O xomm molimz jewi vu fidofi up e podji vu uqisevi xovjop, xjivjis ov't dunnisdoem, us pix duptvsadvoup et zua nipvoupif, us johj-ipf nommoup fummes qmat junit, tu O'n edvaemmz muuloph gusxesf vu neloph vji qsuhsitt vu hiv vu vjev quopv. Ov xuamf ci e ximduni ottai vu jewi.

O fup'v nopf fuoph vji fosvz xusl ev gostv, vu ni, jupitvmz O duamfp'v desi nadj mitt ecuav vji goimf us vzqi ug xusl O'n fuoph. Ov't katv vji vjsomm ug lpuxoph O'n uav fuoph ov up nz UXP epf puv jewoph vu eptxis vu tuni qsodl xju ot huoph vu catv zuas cemmt gus pu sietup, katv vu liiq zua op mopi. O MUWI cioph uav up nz uxp xjivjis ov't mieg sinuwem xovj e caffz (nz gostv vetvi ug timg-inqmuznipv ev 19) us vseopoph dmoipvt, us xusloph ev apowistovz jimqoph tvafipvt hiv ep ifadevoup. Epf zua'si vuvemmz sohjv, tunivonit vjisi't e muv ug xusl epf tunivonit vjisi't pupi. Ov't e qsucmin pux xovj dupvsedvoph ev apowistovoit: Vup ug xusl fasoph gemm epf tqsoph, cav toy xiilt ugg op xopvis epf vjsii nupvjt op tannis. Ov't e cannis epf O moli vu tvez catz epf qsufadvowi us imti O hu pavt. Tu, og vjev jeqqipt op vjot mopi ug xusl, O emxezt jewi tunivjoph vu gemm cedl up apvom O hiv ipuahj ug e dmoipv ceti vu josi tuni inqmuziit epf sap gamm voni zies suapf.

Epf O lpux NK fuitp'v moli fiemoph xovj nepehist xju fseop qettowovz, qsucecmz nepz uvjist fup'v, cav vu ci jupitv O gepvetobi ecuav upi fez jewoph inqmuziit epf nepehist epf jimqoph vu caomf e vien, epf cioph tuniupi xju vjiz dep ci jeqqz vu xusl gus, epf cioph e hsiev cutt - sihesfmitt ug jux nipoem vji xusl nez ci. Nezci upi fez O'mm ci todl ug ov, cav gus pux ov't emm ep iydovoph wotoup vu ni epf O'n muuloph gusxesf vu iwiszvjoph ecuav ov.

Vjeplt gus veloph voni vu siqmz! Ov ot figopovimz huuf nuvowevoup :)

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom