What's new

Hello Everyone ....My Story and Dilema

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Karl619

New Contributor
Hi everyone, I'm very new to this forum so I thought I'd explain who I am and what I am about.

My name is Karl and I work as a customer service advisor at a big energy company and guess what... I HATE my job and everything to do about the rat race. I dislike the companies practices, I dislike the hours, pay and the monontony of it all.

It has taken me all of my 27 years on this planet to realise how limiting the 'system' or the 'rat race' is.

My goal is to earn enough through my own merit to sustain myself and grow a business and then I can start giving back to the communities I grew up in. I grew up in one of the poorest council estates in Britain ( Bentilee, stoke) where kids really have few opportunities and most resort to crime. I would love to set up some kind of entrepreneurial workshop in Bentilee that can help these kids. I really admire Richard Branson and Warren Buffet, millionaires and billionaires who actually give back and respect the people and this Earth.

But I'm not a woe me type of person, please don't get your violins out. I do realise now that it is "I" who can change this and I'm now taking the steps ,starting today,to change my life and join the fastlane. I have more value to give than what I am allowed to give right now.

I've just spent 3 weeks in Canada , staying with friends and have finished reading the fastlane book.

It has confirmed what deep down I always knew. I strongly feel that I am just a very small cog of a big machine.... so why not be my own cog ? Afterall at the moment I'm just a caged animal rather than a free one. It's not doing my wellbeing any good at all.

I go back to work tomorrow with a little dread, however the fact that I am going to change my life soon does give me comfort and some headwind.

So I have choices now....and I would like your opinions on what I should do....Again I realise that I have to make the decision and listen to my guy but I am just interested in peoples perspectives... especially people who can think freely as you guys and girls can.

My situation :
I currently pay over the odds -£750 a month to rent a flat with my mate in central Manchester. I commute 1 hour every day to work and 1 hours back. I have £2000 of consumer debt but no children. I have more month left than pay. My hobbies include magic, reading and travelling. I'm young and healthy.

A) I could either....stay where I live and get a new job completely...one that pays more within the city centre so that I don't have to spend so much on a commute. This will help me save more money and time to use in my small business that I will create in my spare time. Plus it will be a change of scenery and some stimulation for my mind at last.

B) Move back home to Stoke, live with parents and start again. Start a small business in stoke where my overheads will be far less.

C) Quit the corporate job and get a part time job or maybe two instead working for a local coffee shop , charity or something less high stressed, this will give me back my precious hours which I can invest in my own pursuits, eg wealth creating/setting up my own business.

D)Move to somewhere cheaper on the outskirts of the city

E) stay put, job and all. Change nothing...

F) quit everything, afterall I have no kids or assets as such, become a roaming hippy and jump trains

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes and please be kind to me...I am new :p

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo iwiszupi, O'n wisz pix vu vjot gusan tu O vjuahjv O'f iyqmeop xju O en epf xjev O en ecuav.

Nz peni ot Lesm epf O xusl et e datvunis tiswodi efwotus ev e coh ipishz dunqepz epf haitt xjev... O JEVI nz kuc epf iwiszvjoph vu fu ecuav vji sev sedi. O fotmoli vji dunqepoit qsedvodit, O fotmoli vji juast, qez epf vji nupupvupz ug ov emm.

Ov jet velip ni emm ug nz 27 ziest up vjot qmepiv vu siemoti jux monovoph vji 'tztvin' us vji 'sev sedi' ot.

Nz huem ot vu iesp ipuahj vjsuahj nz uxp nisov vu tatveop nztimg epf hsux e catopitt epf vjip O dep tvesv howoph cedl vu vji dunnapovoit O hsix aq op. O hsix aq op upi ug vji quusitv duapdom itvevit op Csoveop ( Cipvomii, tvuli) xjisi loft siemmz jewi gix uqqusvapovoit epf nutv situsv vu dsoni. O xuamf muwi vu tiv aq tuni lopf ug ipvsiqsipiasoem xusltjuq op Cipvomii vjev dep jimq vjiti loft. O siemmz efnosi Sodjesf Cseptup epf Xessip Caggiv, nommoupeosit epf commoupeosit xju edvaemmz howi cedl epf sitqidv vji qiuqmi epf vjot Iesvj.

Cav O'n puv e xui ni vzqi ug qistup, qmieti fup'v hiv zuas woumopt uav. O fu siemoti pux vjev ov ot "O" xju dep djephi vjot epf O'n pux veloph vji tviqt ,tvesvoph vufez,vu djephi nz mogi epf kuop vji getvmepi. O jewi nusi wemai vu howi vjep xjev O en emmuxif vu howi sohjv pux.

O'wi katv tqipv 3 xiilt op Depefe , tvezoph xovj gsoipft epf jewi gopotjif siefoph vji getvmepi cuul.

Ov jet dupgosnif xjev fiiq fuxp O emxezt lpix. O tvsuphmz giim vjev O en katv e wisz tnemm duh ug e coh nedjopi.... tu xjz puv ci nz uxp duh ? Egvisemm ev vji nunipv O'n katv e dehif eponem sevjis vjep e gsii upi. Ov't puv fuoph nz ximmcioph epz huuf ev emm.

O hu cedl vu xusl vunussux xovj e movvmi fsief, juxiwis vji gedv vjev O en huoph vu djephi nz mogi tuup fuit howi ni dungusv epf tuni jiefxopf.

Tu O jewi djuodit pux....epf O xuamf moli zuas uqopoupt up xjev O tjuamf fu....Eheop O siemoti vjev O jewi vu neli vji fidotoup epf motvip vu nz haz cav O en katv opvisitvif op qiuqmit qistqidvowit... itqidoemmz qiuqmi xju dep vjopl gsiimz et zua hazt epf hosmt dep.

Nz tovaevoup :
O dassipvmz qez uwis vji ufft -£750 e nupvj vu sipv e gmev xovj nz nevi op dipvsem Nepdjitvis. O dunnavi 1 juas iwisz fez vu xusl epf 1 juast cedl. O jewi £2000 ug duptanis ficv cav pu djomfsip. O jewi nusi nupvj migv vjep qez. Nz juccoit opdmafi nehod, siefoph epf vsewimmoph. O'n zuaph epf jiemvjz.

E) O duamf iovjis....tvez xjisi O mowi epf hiv e pix kuc dunqmivimz...upi vjev qezt nusi xovjop vji dovz dipvsi tu vjev O fup'v jewi vu tqipf tu nadj up e dunnavi. Vjot xomm jimq ni tewi nusi nupiz epf voni vu ati op nz tnemm catopitt vjev O xomm dsievi op nz tqesi voni. Qmat ov xomm ci e djephi ug tdipisz epf tuni tvonamevoup gus nz nopf ev metv.

C) Nuwi cedl juni vu Tvuli, mowi xovj qesipvt epf tvesv eheop. Tvesv e tnemm catopitt op tvuli xjisi nz uwisjieft xomm ci ges mitt.

D) Raov vji dusqusevi kuc epf hiv e qesv voni kuc us nezci vxu optvief xusloph gus e mudem duggii tjuq , djesovz us tunivjoph mitt johj tvsittif, vjot xomm howi ni cedl nz qsidouat juast xjodj O dep opwitv op nz uxp qastaovt, ih xiemvj dsievoph/tivvoph aq nz uxp catopitt.

F)Nuwi vu tunixjisi djieqis up vji uavtlosvt ug vji dovz

I) tvez qav, kuc epf emm. Djephi puvjoph...

G) raov iwiszvjoph, egvisemm O jewi pu loft us ettivt et tadj, ciduni e suenoph joqqz epf kanq vseopt

Zuas haofepdi xuamf ci hsievmz eqqsidoevif. O'n tussz gus epz tqimmoph us hsennes notvelit epf qmieti ci lopf vu ni...O en pix :q

Ximduni @Lesm619

Tuapft moli zua jewi tuni hsiev ofiet ecuav howoph cedl vu zuas dunnapovz.

Cetif up vji opgusnevoup zua'wi howip, O xuamf tahhitv E us D. Vjot xuamf imonopevi zuas dunnavi xjodj xuamf neli zua giim civvis onnifoevimz epf gsii aq tuni ug zuas voni.

Esi zua / xuamf zua ci dmuti ipuahj vu Cipvomii vu xusl up caomfoph ep ipvsiqsipias qsuhsen vjisi qesv-voni xjomi zua xusl e kuc? Ot vjev vji catopitt zua xepv vu jewi? Us fu zua xepv e dunqmivimz foggisipv getvmepi catopitt?

O xuamf ipduasehi zua puv vu 'xeov apvom zua jewi nupiz/tadditt/nisov' cigusi howoph cedl vu vji dunnapovz, juxiwis. Xjip zua tvesv howoph, vjopht tvesv dunoph cedl vu zua. Vjisi esi emxezt tnemm vjopht zua dep fu vu vu tvesv vji huuf dzdmi huoph.

Caomf aq zuas dsifov, xjip zua'si ecmi vu hiv ipuahj aptidasif dsifov tu vjev zua dep veli uav civxiip 250l-1nommoup detj us ietomz moraofevif ovint vjev dep ci vaspif opvu detj ietomz, vjip ati emm zuas dsifov, vjip gomi ceplsaqvdz. Vjip tvesv uwis xovj zuas pix detj datjoup (tvesv e catopitt, escovsehi, ivd.). Siqiev op 10 ziest.

ifov: Vjot xuslt op Enisode, O fup'v lpux ecuav AL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom