NoMoreSlowLanes
PARKED
- Joined
- Jun 17, 2015
- Messages
- 1
Rep Bank
$65
$65
Hey guys! I am new to this forum even though I've searched through this forum from when I was fifteen.(I'm now 28) I would read success stories and just dream about the day I could have the things you guys have. As a kid my parents have instilled working for yourself instead of killing yourself making money for someone else in me. I always had the drive but the thought of failure would scare me away. I was miserably working dead end jobs mainly in the automotive industry. Don't get me wrong I love cars but I've been a computer nerd since I was eight and 7.25/hr doesn't get you far. After a small auto shop closed a buddy of mine got me a job at a particle board plant. Same useless nonsense but with a five dollar pay increase I wasn't complaining. Fast forward three months I get bumped up to cab operator/shift lead for the worst shift because they hope my drive and work ethic can help pull it up. Two years later my shift is leading in production. Fifteen minutes before my shift ends a piece gets stuck in a rolling machine so I go to help one of the workers. We were standing on rollers eight feet high. Safety procedure says to put a board down but I along with everyone else would get screamed at for putting one down by the supervisor never knew why. Anyways.. As we pull I lose my balance, my right leg gets caught in between a roller, and I fall sideways. I lost my job because my supervisor lied and claimed he told me to put a board down. I get a metal rod and four screws in my leg and go through two years of pt. Shortly after my best friend who was more of my brother passed away from leukemia. (Plenty happened in between but this is long enough) As years pass for some reason I go back to the 9-5 hanging out with old friends that just sit at the bar wasting their paychecks never thinking about their future with no money to their name. They are great people but I found myself following in their footsteps. One night a few months ago I was outside thinking about life and that drive I never acted upon. As I sat there I grabbed my ipad and searched around for that forum I use to always go to for inspiration or ideas.. Ahh yes thefastlane! For the past three months I've been on this site constantly getting inspiration to change. As of writing this I have cut back on spending, just ordered my TMF book, started selling things I don't have use for to put some money in my account for my future plans, have come up with a few ideas for a business and have been attending medical school. I hope this doesn't seem messed up but I have pretty much stopped hanging out with my old friends because I want to be surrounded by successful people or at least someone with the same ambition as myself.(possibly even a mentor one day) I also like how you guys don't hold back. Let's say someone asks for help (I particularly remember someone asking for a mentor) you guys don't sugar coat it and say it like it is. If you think someone is going to fail you tell them instead of beating around the bush to make them happy. My apologies for the long post and I don't want this to come off as some sob story just a bit about my past and a thank you to everyone on here. You guys help a lot of people wether you realize it or not.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
