Hi Fastlaners,
I'm jmod and I came across this channel after reading Fastlane Millionaire 2 years ago after being completely disatified with my job and life. At the time I felt like I'd done all the traditionally 'right' things (college degree, competitive grad job, expensive city apartment) but I was completely miserable and dreading the fact that I had to go into work everyday. It wasn't like I had a bad job, my bosses were great and for a grad I had quite a competitve salary, but I just couldn't handle the idea of spending another minute sitting behind that desk.
I thought for a long time that there was something wrong with me because my whole life I was convinced that this was what successful adults did. That's when I started to think objectively about what made me happy and what success really was, I stripped away all of my predisposed ideas of what others around me throught being 'successful' meant and wrote down what made me happy and excited about life. Unfortunately, none of them required a college degree (although, I'm still proud I got one as my family are first generation refugees), a job at a top listed ASX company, financed car loan that I could barely afford or 3 weeks of annual leave that was at the mercy of my boss's mood that day.
That's when I stumbled across Fastlane Millionaire -- it was confronting and a total game changer for me. It was as if someone was reassuring everything I felt and knew was true. Since then, I've quit my job (almost 2 years now!), I've lived in Europe for a year with my partner while working online and am now saving up for my next big idea. The journey hasn't always been easy, I've invested lots of time into dead end business ideas and learnt expensive lessons. I don't have my million dollar idea yet, I work longer hours and I'm probably not making as much money as I would have if I just kept working my corporate job, but I feel freer than ever and have not once felt that horrible sinking feeling in my stomach of having to wake up and live my life on someone elses terms. I'm comforted by the fact that every mistake and setback I've made so far has made me smarter, more resiliant and closer to launching a successful business.
Sorry for the long intro! I look forward to contributing and learning from this thread.
jmod
I'm jmod and I came across this channel after reading Fastlane Millionaire 2 years ago after being completely disatified with my job and life. At the time I felt like I'd done all the traditionally 'right' things (college degree, competitive grad job, expensive city apartment) but I was completely miserable and dreading the fact that I had to go into work everyday. It wasn't like I had a bad job, my bosses were great and for a grad I had quite a competitve salary, but I just couldn't handle the idea of spending another minute sitting behind that desk.
I thought for a long time that there was something wrong with me because my whole life I was convinced that this was what successful adults did. That's when I started to think objectively about what made me happy and what success really was, I stripped away all of my predisposed ideas of what others around me throught being 'successful' meant and wrote down what made me happy and excited about life. Unfortunately, none of them required a college degree (although, I'm still proud I got one as my family are first generation refugees), a job at a top listed ASX company, financed car loan that I could barely afford or 3 weeks of annual leave that was at the mercy of my boss's mood that day.
That's when I stumbled across Fastlane Millionaire -- it was confronting and a total game changer for me. It was as if someone was reassuring everything I felt and knew was true. Since then, I've quit my job (almost 2 years now!), I've lived in Europe for a year with my partner while working online and am now saving up for my next big idea. The journey hasn't always been easy, I've invested lots of time into dead end business ideas and learnt expensive lessons. I don't have my million dollar idea yet, I work longer hours and I'm probably not making as much money as I would have if I just kept working my corporate job, but I feel freer than ever and have not once felt that horrible sinking feeling in my stomach of having to wake up and live my life on someone elses terms. I'm comforted by the fact that every mistake and setback I've made so far has made me smarter, more resiliant and closer to launching a successful business.
Sorry for the long intro! I look forward to contributing and learning from this thread.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
