What's new

Hello from California, and thank you for this forum!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

itsme

New Contributor
Hello everybody! I came to this forum as a result of reading The Millionaire Fastlane , and I'd like to say thank you creating this forum as well as writing such a great book!

I went to college for the sole purpose of playing professional sports, and after an injury ended that dream, I’ve since struggled to find a new one. I’ve been employed by three companies since 2002, and was promoted within six months of my first day at each company. When it comes to working, I honestly feel like I can do any job better than anyone already doing it, given the right training and the desire to do so. I’m not cocky by any means of the word, I’ve just done it over and over and I’ve come to expect it from myself.

My desire to "climb the corporate ladder" has disappeared based on my most recent experience. Long story short - the company that I was working for was bought out by another company. Promises were made and not kept, and very quickly became a nightmare. My pay was reduced by 78% over six months, and the new company was based on ethics that made me feel very uncomfortable. I resigned when they told me to lie to my employees, and make them quit rather than firing them so they didn't qualify for unemployment. Two months later I would have been promoted to District Manager, along with a 900% raise.

I’ve started a few businesses in the past, but I haven’t profited from any of them. I built a couple different retail websites back in the late 90’s, a couple service-based websites (one of which my dad/business partner pitched to General Motors), and I spent about one year and thousands of dollars marketing to buy real estate. That may sound nice, but I would say that someone with experience in these particular fields could have made a lot of money.

The difference between my success in the work force and my lack of success on my own, I believe, comes from the hands-on training you get as an employee. The only hands-on training I’ve received from my business ventures came from a real estate mentor, who was teaching me to buy real estate when he wasn’t currently doing the same. I really learn by watching others do, and then make adjustments to make it work for me.

My big goal is to work with someone that is a successful entrepreneur; someone that I can learn from while providing them with a huge benefit as well. A mentor if you will, but not one that I can have for just four monthly payments of $2,500 so we can talk on the phone for 15 minutes a week. While I don’t feel qualified to teach anyone on how to be successful in business, I can probably chime in here and there with what not to do. Or if you have questions about a job, I may be able to input a little. Cheers!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom