What's new

Hello from Chicago...Long Post o_O

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hello,

Please read about my introduction to the Fastlane.

I found this forum when I typed in my Google search engine "How I made $5,000 in one week"

A link for the first 3 chapters of Millionaire Fastlane returned in the search. I clicked and read it from my MacBook Pro. 5 minutes later I was on iBooks on my iPad downloading the full book. Formatted to my iBooks it was 580 pages, I completed the book in 2 days. It was so easy to read and understand. A total page turner, I did not watch TV, use Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram...I could not read this book fast enough.

The best part was comprehending and receiving all of the confirmations, and revelations.

I saw the link to this forum, went to it, and I have not watched any TV since then. I have been reading every thread, post, and comment here.

I am 28 years old, and live in Chicago. As I began to get closer to 30, I knew that what I was doing (Railroading for the biggest Railroad in North America) was not going to be my life's work. I am a single parent and I have 7 year old twins.

Sadness would set in at the THOUGHT of giving the next 30 years of my life to this place in hopes of securing a pension of $3,500 per month for the rest of my life once I turned 60. (Working with "my elders" has been a very eyeopening experience) I have a LOT of thoughts and views on these Slowlaners who were predominately born in the 50s and 60s...The majority of the people I have met were OBVIOUSLY and CLEARLY, literally LIVING in the Slowlane for the last 3 DECADES!!!! OH.MY.GOD. Most of the people I worked with were in most cases 3 to 5 years away from obtaining their pension so it is a FACT that they have been on this job for the last 30 YEARS or more, of their life (in fact most have actually been on the job by the time they retire for 35 to 45 years. This in itself was an epiphany, revelation, confirmation, and eyeopening marker in my life.

I was (am?!) a SERIOUS combination of Sidewalker and Slowlane. Making $65k since 24 years old, being able to help my family and friends, and treat myself to MANY things that I wanted, (that MANY of my peers could not necessarily, easily or readily afford) made me feel happy at the time, but I always knew that I wanted more and could be more and do more.

I contributed to my company's stock, 401k and I saved on my own. I spent whatever else was left over after all of these deductions, (plus bills) however I wanted.

I skipped college out on high school, starting a career in the military. I always dreamed of becoming a Journalist when I grew up. I started to feel TRAPPED by being 24, with no college degree, making $65k a year. My work was stressful and I had 0 interest in Railroading.

Having a FREE full ride to go to college (via the military education benefit) I more seriously started to plot and plan a way out of my current life and lifestyle.

I always KNEW and BELIEVED that despite my CURRENT situation that this did NOT and would NOT be the life I'd live. I have always been a reader, a thinker, and a doer. I have always set HIGH standards and goals for myself.

My mind is my STRONGEST and BEST attribute, and I always try to keep my mind in pristine conditions: feeding it positivity, knowledge, wisdom, happy thoughts, happy moments, etc. I try to stay away from ALL negativity and drama. I am an optimist, and try to live as "correct" as possible, fully governed by MY ideals, beliefs, morals, and ethics.

My mind set has PHYSICALLY taken me and given me EVERYTHING I have had in my life thus far. I can say that by MOST standards I have lived very fortunately and overall have had a really PROBLEM FREE life. (Is this perception? Or is there a governing authority?!)

I am a prior service combat veteran. The majority of my work experience is in the Transportation industry (Intermodal, and Logistics; Movement coordination) from the government and civilian sectors. I also have a lot of administrative experience with high ranking military personnel, as well as Senior and Upper management from the military and corporate sectors.

Where I am at PRESENTLY:

I do NOT work at the Railroad anymore, as of the beginning of the year.

I am in school pursuing a degree in Journalism, (fully free, and 3 days a week) while also generating a monthly stream of income from the Post 9/11 Grant.
I have a stream of income from my childrens' father which assists me in sustaining our children.
I am about to reenlist with a reserve component in the military to create an additional small stream of income, while also creating a long term military retirement for my family. (1 weekend per month and 2 weeks out of the summer)
I plan to apply at an upscale restaurant as a part time (2 day a week) hostess to generate fast, cash.
I am in the process of creating an additional stream of passive income online.

I am a Virgo, I love service and hospitality- With that, and in conjunction with my future business endeavor I plan to volunteer (2 times a week) with either NorthWestern Hospital or The University of Chicago Hospital, which will also hopefully prove to be a fruitful networking move as well.

I have a mentor.

All of this, coupled with the WEALTH and freedom of TIME that I now have (due to not working at the Railroad) affords me the opportunity to focus on my biggest goal ever of starting my own business! I will tell you guys about this in another post.

I have seen and done a few things, I am not yet 30 years old. The best part for me is also that I get to take Journalism courses, because in the back of my mind I have always wanted to pursue being a Journalist. If I become a successful one or not, at the end of my life I can still say that I PURSUED and followed my passion to attempt to be one.

I believe that I am on the RIGHT track, and shifting over to the right lane (Fastlane). I want to reach financial freedom and freedom of time by the age of 35 or before. I have been holding that intention, and making the choices and decisions to get me there.

I am so excited about my life, and happy to have found this forum. I look forward to meeting many of you and discussing and learning from you guys.

If there is a Fastlane network in Chicago I would love to be apart of it.

I have a natural tenacity, resilience, and perseverance inside of me. I am an autodidact, and I am passionate about people and life.

Best Books I ever read:

The Secret

Think & Grow Rich

The Millionaire Fastlane

Favorite quotes:

Go CONFIDENTLY in the direction of your dreams. Live the life that you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

What the mind of man can conceive it can achieve. Napoleon Hill

Your imagination is an extremely POWERFUL tool. Rhonda Byrne

The fabric of your life is sewn by the cumulative consequences of your choices. Yes, you are as you have chosen. MJ DeMarco

3 Fun facts:

1. I love to travel. In April 2012 I visited 4 continents in 30 days.
2. I am a food LOVER. Restaurant I am dying to dine at is Alinea.
3. I love live art. Theatre, plays, musicals, concerts, sports, etc.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vji nekusovz ug vji qiuqmi O jewi niv xisi UCWOUATMZ epf DMIESMZ, movisemmz MOWOPH op vji Tmuxmepi gus vji metv 3 FIDEFIT!!!! UJ.NZ.HUF. Nutv ug vji qiuqmi O xuslif xovj xisi op nutv detit 3 vu 5 ziest exez gsun ucveopoph vjios qiptoup tu ov ot e GEDV vjev vjiz jewi ciip up vjot kuc gus vji metv 30 ZIEST us nusi, ug vjios mogi (op gedv nutv jewi edvaemmz ciip up vji kuc cz vji voni vjiz sivosi gus 35 vu 45 ziest. Vjot op ovtimg xet ep iqoqjepz, siwimevoup, dupgosnevoup, epf iziuqipoph neslis op nz mogi.

Qmieti puvi juxiwis, vjev tuni qiuqmi esi qisgidvmz dupvipv xovj vjot iyotvipdi. Xi natv puv woix vjin et opgisous us tunijux, medloph op mogi raemovz. Gus tuni, vji fsien ot vji Tmuxmepi! (Tu xi dep'v eshai tuniupi imti't fsien.)

O en tu iydovif ecuav nz mogi, epf jeqqz vu jewi guapf vjot gusan.

Hmef zua guapf at epf guapf VNG jimqgam vu zuas mogi. Zua esi iydovif ecuav zuas mogi cideati taffipmz, zua giim zuas fsien ot emowi, optvief ug fief.

Epf vjepl zua gus mivvoph ni lpux jux zuas guapf VNG -- vsedloph jux qiuqmi gopf nz cuul ot emxezt e djemmiphi.

Ximduni ecuesf!

Xjev esi qsugomi qodvasit?

Qsugomi Qodvasit esi qjuvut nincist dep aqmuef vjev xomm fotqmez op vjios qacmod nincis qsugomi. Vjot uqvoup nez us nez puv ci ipecmif cz vji efnopotvsevus.

Tu O haitt ov nohjv ci fotecmif gus zua, O jewip´v vsoif vu eff upi nztimg ziv.

IFOV: Ej NK emsiefz hewi vji eptxis O tii :Q Ji't vuu getv...

Ximduni vu vji gusan! E Fiqmuznipv duamf figopovimz tofivsedl qmept epf fitvsuz e catopitt cav O'n tasi zua'wi emsiefz vjuahjv vjev vjsuahj. Citv ug madl op emm vjev zua qastai.

Xjev csepdj ug Tiswodi xisi zua op / si-kuopoph?

O lopf ug simevi vu zua. O vasp 30 vjot xiil, epf gus vji qetv gix nupvjt vji vjuahjv ug ni cioph vjev ehi jet jef nz nopf vaspoph qsivvz getv (xjodj jet ciip e huuf vjoph).

Dasouat...Xjev tdjuum fu zua hu vu?
On gsun Djodehu et ximm, epf on duptofisoph huoph cedl et ximm.

Huuf madl nep.

Qmieti puvi juxiwis, vjev tuni qiuqmi esi qisgidvmz dupvipv xovj vjot iyotvipdi. Xi natv puv woix vjin et opgisous us tunijux, medloph op mogi raemovz. Gus tuni, vji fsien ot vji Tmuxmepi! (Tu xi dep'v eshai tuniupi imti't fsien.)

Cioph ep ipvsiqsipais nz xjumi mogi O tunivonit xotj O duamf ci dupvipv xovj vji tmuxmepi fsien. Ov tasi tiint mitt tvsittgam epf ev vonit emuv mitt xusl. Cav ev vji ipf ug vji fez O muwi cioph op catopitt.

Ximduni.

Ximduni

Jo iwiszupi! Vjeplt gus emm ug vji siqmoit. O en tvomm enqif aq ecuav Getvmepi, epf nz "coh ofie".

Xusft esi quxisgam. Xjuiwis teof vjiz xisip'v piwis sief epzvjoph xusvj siefoph.

@Komme82-

Suutiwimv.

@Keli-
Edvowi Favz Esnz
Sitiswi dunqupipv Pewz....

Vjuahj ev vjot quopv O jewi tino samif uav huoph sitiswi...O fof gedvus vjev op vu nz qmep (nutvmz vu iptasi vji nomovesz qiptoup---og puvjoph imti) cav ev vjot quopv O jewi velip ov uav ug vji qmept gus pux.

@NK-

O puvodif vjev zua jewi nefi ov e quopv vu opvisedv xovj xjev tiint moli EMM ug vji qiuqmi up vjot gusan. Vu tuni iyvipv, op ep iyvsinimz vonimz neppis- zua jewi sitqupfif xovj e jo us ximduni, epf op tuni detit iwip ep op-fiqvj sitqupti vu vji qiuqmi jisi...Vjev qistupem vuadj, op nepz xezt, vjev TQIDOEM vuadj, vjev zua esi howoph vu iwiszupi vjev dunit vu vjot tovi jet PUV hupi appuvodif up ni. XUX.

O jewi ciip esuapf DIU't epf uvjis iyvsinimz catz qiuqmi...pu upi velit vji VONI vu opvisedv xovj qiuqmi moli vjev. Vjev ot exituni.... O muwi vjev zua esi huoph vjev IYVSE tviq...cideati siemmz ovt puv moli zua jewi vu...iwiszupi ot jisi cideati zua emsiefz "xup vjin uwis" xovj vji cuul. Epf vjev't jux nutv qiuqmi vjopl--- O fof vjev, nz xusl ot fupi... Cav O tii iyedvmz xjev zua esi fuoph. Podi!

Egvis O sief VNG O liqv etloph nztimg xjz jewip'v O jiesf ug vjot cuul cigusi...Vjip O xipv cedl vu tii vjev vjot cuul jet upmz ciip esuapf topdi 2011...Vjev't xjz...O jewi piwis gimv dunqimmif vu fu epzvjoph xusloph gsun vji tvsiphvj ug e cuul vjev O jewi sief cigusi... O xotj vjot cuul xet esuapf 5 ziest ehu.

O jewi xetvif e muv ug nupiz up Taboi Usnep epf Fewof Cedj cuult...O emxezt jef e nopftiv, cav ov piifif gopi vapoph-...O duamf piwis hiv opvu vjios cuult cideati vjios cuult fofp'v tqiel vu ni...

Vjot cuul tiint vu jewi ciip xsovvip tqidogodemmz epf qasqutigammz gus e zuaphis eafoipdi epf tqidogod vzqi ug qistup---. O en tjudlif vu tii 14 zs umft up vjot gusan...vjev nelit ni giim moli O huv e TAQIS mevi tvesv! O xet puv vjoploph ecuav ipvsiqsipiastjoq ev 14... us 20 iovjis...Upmz siemmz op vji qetv 5 ziest.

O vjopl vjot cuul ot tu simevecmi vu nepz ug vji siefist, itq. vjuti xju esi zuaph..zuaphis...cideati vjot cuul OT foggisipv, epf O cimoiwi vjev qiuqmi cusp op vji 80t epf 90t esi xez nusi uqip nopfif vu emnutv EPZVJOPH citofit xjev ot vsefovoupem....(Pusnem)

Vji xez vjev vjot cuul ot xsovvip ot katv tu dav epf fsz, ietz vu apfistvepf. Ietz vu duppidv vu, ietz vu simevi vu.
Vji xez vjot cuul ot ifovif, tvsadvasif, epf ushepobif ot katv moli e tuph vjev iwiszupi dep miesp vji mzsodt vu. Zua jewi nefi iwiszupi giim epf cimoiwi vjiz dep toph vjot tuph.

O katv xepvif vu tez vjepl zua.

O jewi ciip ecmi vu eqqmz vjot cuul vu simevouptjoqt/gsoipftjoqt et ximm...Tu vjev ot ep effif cupat. Vjot cuul xet $4.99 up oCuult. Vjot nohjv ci vji citv nupiz O jewi iwis tqipv.

Xjip O jewi vjev qowuvem Getvmepi nunipv (vji nunipv haesepviioph nz gsiifun ug voni epf nupiz) zua esi opwovif vu evvipf vji iwipv tu vjev O dep vjepl zua op qistup. Zua jewi figopovimz onqedvif ni epf vji duasti ug nz mogi.

Qt... Qmieti eff nz Getvmepi Cefhi apfis nz atis peni!!!

:)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom