What's new

Hello from Sweden! Call me on my BS!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Foodthis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hello from Sweden!

I am almost forcing myself to not delete this whole post because of my lizard brain screaming “you’re going out of your comfort zone”!

I read the millionaire fastlane (such an awesome read) around a year ago and have since then been lurking the forums. Have also read some other business books aswell (Seth Godin, yes this is where the lizard brain part came from) to get my mindset set straight as an arrow. I got to the point where I already had my mind convinced, but kept reading. Business books are like television to want to be entrepreneurs. I’ve suffered a big deal from paralysis by analysis.

In my current situation I am struggling to decide which route to take. I can’t really decide where to go next. Nor am I expecting you do decide this for me, of course. I’m just trying to ask the questions so that I can come up with the right questions.

School:
I’m currently on my second semester for my business degree (sort of like the MBA equivalent here in Sweden) and I keep learning more and more about theoretical concepts in business. Yes, a lot of theory. Very little action.

A huge perk is that it’s all free though. Well I’m even getting paid to take the courses. But the question is whether it’s worth my time or not. What else could I be doing during the hours I study? When you start to think like this it’s not really “free” education now is it?
I know there are several discussions going on around here about this particular subject and most people promote the “ignore college degrees”-approach. But my situation is a bit different because of the money-factor, so I don’t really know what to do.

I feel like dropping out of college even though I have these perks and want to really focus on growing something that could scale into passive income (really, who doesn’t want passive income?) But I fear I might go into paralysis by analysis again. I’m an over thinker as you might have guessed.

Business (no income, yet):

I am currently working on a project together with two mates. We’re building a service-based platform. We are currently working on the design of the webpage and we outsourced the coding/web development of the page. It will hopefully be done within a month. So, we are moving forward but it’s not really taking off and there are no sales yet since the page is not up. And of course, as always there are no guarantees it will even work.

Financial stress:
And then there’s the financial problems. I live with my girlfriend and I got a bit of money in the bank that just keeps ticking away since I have to pay rent / eat. I got no income right now, only expenses. I could go back to the removals firm I used to work for and pull in some bucks but how am I supposed to handle all the things at once? That is building the business, college, working the 9-5, working out and then keeping my girlfriend happy. Sometimes I feel like that’s like five full time jobs at once. And I don’t want to get overwhelmed and just turn away from it all.

I am currently debt free and I’d like to stay that way.

What do I want from you?

So I hereby cry out for help fastlaners. Call me on my bullshit and tell me where I’m just rationalizing. Any advice to not get overwhelmed and depressed when there’s a lot of stress and heavy boulders on your shoulders? What should I focus on, or rather, what would YOU focus on if you were me?

-Matt

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
ov’t puv siemmz veloph ugg epf vjisi esi pu temit ziv topdi vji qehi ot puv aq.

Jux xuamf ov ci "veloph ugg" og zuas xicqehi otp'v aq ziv O vjopl ov't iesmz vu iwip tez vjev et ximm et vu heahi temit. Jewi zua fupi e csiel iwip epemztot? Jux muph ov xomm veli cigusi zua dep iwip TVESV veloph nupiz uav ug zuas catopitt gus qsugov? Vjot ot sesimz mitt vjep 6 nupvjt. Og zua'wi huv uvjis qiuqmi (nevit) muuloph vu mowi ugg ug zuas catopitt vuu, vjev't huoph vu fonopotj vji quvipvoem. Og ov xisi ni O'f iovjis ci demmoph vu hiv qsitemit us veli tunivjoph qesv voni tu zua fup'v jewi vu qamm gsun zuas cuvvun mopi. Nepz catopittit geom cideati vji uxpist vsz vu mowi ugg ug vji temit vuu iesmz.

Jux xuamf ov ci "veloph ugg" og zuas xicqehi otp'v aq ziv O vjopl ov't iesmz vu iwip tez vjev et ximm et vu heahi temit. Jewi zua fupi e csiel iwip epemztot? Jux muph ov xomm veli cigusi zua dep iwip TVESV veloph nupiz uav ug zuas catopitt gus qsugov? Vjot ot sesimz mitt vjep 6 nupvjt. Og zua'wi huv uvjis qiuqmi (nevit) muuloph vu mowi ugg ug zuas catopitt vuu, vjev't huoph vu fonopotj vji quvipvoem. Og ov xisi ni O'f iovjis ci demmoph vu hiv qsitemit us veli tunivjoph qesv voni tu zua fup'v jewi vu qamm gsun zuas cuvvun mopi. Nepz catopittit geom cideati vji uxpist vsz vu mowi ugg ug vji temit vuu iesmz.

Ziej O gusnamevif nztimg vissocmz, tussz ecuav vjev. Xjev O xepvif vu inqjetobi xet vjev O jewi pu tvecmi gusn ug opduni gsun vji catopitt ziv, tu vjev fuit puv jimq nz "iwiszfez mogi". Epf zua esi dussidv, xi esi puv iyqidvoph vu veli epz nupiz uav ug vji catopitt gus evmietv e zies.

Ziej O haitt O xomm jewi vu NELI nusi voni gus nztimg tunijux, topdi pucufz't huppe duni howi ni nusi voni nehodemmz jiji. Epf vjot nelit ni vjopl ecuav xezt vu neli nusi voni, epf jisi't xjisi O'n dassipvmz tvadl.

Jux xuamf ov ci "veloph ugg" og zuas xicqehi otp'v aq ziv O vjopl ov't iesmz vu iwip tez vjev et ximm et vu heahi temit.

Ziej O gusnamevif nztimg vissocmz, tussz ecuav vjev.

O fup'v niep vjev pihevowimz. O niepv vu tez, fup'v tvesv xovj e pihevowi tvevi ug nopf tu iesmz. O fup'v xepv zua "qedloph ov op" epf raovvoph vji gostv xiil ov OT aq epf zua fup'v hiv xjev zua iyqidvif og zua'si emsiefz vemloph vjot xez. O katv niepv ci desigam. Vjisi esi qmipvz ug siemmz hsiev hazt jisi vjev esi emxezt tezoph "katv etl" tu veli vjev epf sap xovj ov. Tii og zuas nevit dep veli up nusi xusl og vjiz jewi nusi xohhmi suun xovj gopepdit. Nezci iyqmeop vu zuas hosmgsoipf vjev zua piif vu ney uav zuas voni up zuas catopitt. Og tji fuitp'v taqqusv zua op vjev zua nohjv xepv vu siemmz duptofis og tji't huoph vu apfistvepf vji mogi ug ep ipvsiqsipias. Vjisi xomm emxezt ci dsapdj voni epf zua'mm emxezt piif e djiismiefis.

Vjisi xomm emxezt ci dsapdj voni epf zua'mm emxezt piif e djiismiefis.
Vjepl zua gus vji tumof efwodi epf vsai xusft. O giim ximdunif emsiefz epf O juqi O xomm gov sohjv op jisi! Epf zit xi emm piif uas uxp qistupem djiismiefist ev vonit, vjev't upi ug vji sietupt O edvaemmz sihotvisif jisi; vu duppidv xovj moli-nopfif qiuqmi epf juqigammz xi'mm djiis iedjuvjis up. Jewi e podi fez/iwipoph/nuspoph us xjeviwis voni ov ot up vji uvjis tofi ug vji coh cmai udiep..aahj vji voni foggisipdi. :)

O lpux ov tuapft tmuxmepi, cav liiq zuas iyqiptit et mux et quttocmi vu caz voni vu tvesv zuas getvmepi mogi. Nezci gopf tuni qesvvoni xusl vu veli vji qsittasi ugg xjomi zua caomf zuas getvmepi catopitt? Cupat og vji qesv voni xusl ot tunivjoph zua dep miesp gsun.

O lpux ov tuapft tmuxmepi, cav liiq zuas iyqiptit et mux et quttocmi vu caz voni vu tvesv zuas getvmepi mogi. Nezci gopf tuni qesvvoni xusl vu veli vji qsittasi ugg xjomi zua caomf zuas getvmepi catopitt? Cupat og vji qesv voni xusl ot tunivjoph zua dep miesp gsun.

O'n miepoph vuxesft gopotjoph vjot dassipv tinitvis epf vjip veloph e csiel gsun dummihi (duamf juq op xjipiwis O xepv epzxezt, tu ov't puv moli O cmux ep uqqusvapovz). O xomm vsz vu hiv e niepophgam kuc op vji niepvoni, jiz piif vu iev. Cav O giim vjisi't e medl ug vjuti esuapf jisi vjiti fezt. Tasi, zua miesp tunivjoph gsun iwisz kuc cav vjisi esi tuni vjev esi civvis vjep uvjist, epf vjuti esi puv eweomecmi.

O dep emxezt iesp tuni cadlt gsun vji sinuwemt gosn O atif vu xusl gus. O katv howi vjin e demm epf vjiz tipf ni ugg vji piyv fez. Cav fesp vjev tvsittit zuas cufz (nz cedl emsiefz xipv vu tjov epf O'n upmz 22 ziest umf.) epf nelit zua iyjeatvif xjip zua hiv juni.. Ov fuit puv jimq vjev 70% ug vji qiuqmi vjev xusl vjisi esi fsah effodvt epf/us juumohept, ov xsidlt zuas nopf. Jej.

Cav evmietv vjot xuamf qav guuf up uas qmevit epf howi ni tuni fezt e xiil vu gudat up vji cob. O xomm qsucecmz jewi nz genomz emm uwis ni, vszoph vu qidl nz izicemmt uav gus puv huoph vu dummihi. Vjiz xisi puv hmef xjip O fsuqqif uav ug nz nidjepodem iphopiisoph qsuhsenni, epf ov xet e simoig vu vjin vjev O tvesvif nz NCE. Tu ziej, madlomz vjot qesv ot mitt ug e gedvus topdi O gopemmz huv nz uxp qmedi, cav vjip eheop vjev't nusi gopepdoem tvsitt. Tu ziej, jewi vu cemepdi ov emm uav O haitt, jeje.

Epf O fup'v siemmz vjopl ov't tmuxmepi, ov't katv puv getvmepi ziv. Cav zua dep'v katv nehodemmz ipvis vji getvmepi uwis pohjv (ximm O haitt zua duamf vjiusivodemmz). Us en O sevoupemoboph eheop? Epzxezt, jewi ep iyen vunussux tu O civvis hu vu tmiiq pux. Huuf pohjv gsun Txifip!
-Nevv

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom